You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DuneDreamer

Yoshino info

24 comments in this topic

Question

Players
499 posts

I was looking for some info and pictures on the Japanese cruiser Yoshino. I'm mainly interested in the price in coal, armor layout, the way it looks and when will it be available. What I could find is that the price will range between 250k and 300k coal, which is a very high price for any ship. It will probably take someone half a year playing everyday to collect that amount of coal.

The only picture that I could find about the ship is this one. I don't even know if this is Yoshino. Do you have any other info on the ship?

yoshino.thumb.jpg.7f3e7b8326221f7a7be4b596f9a4eb70.jpg

• Cool 1

23 answers to this question

[WGB]
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,116 posts
27,465 battles
On 2/13/2019 at 9:13 PM, DuneDreamer said:

I was looking for some info and pictures on the Japanese cruiser Yoshino. I'm mainly interested in the price in coal, armor layout, the way it looks and when will it be available. What I could find is that the price will range between 250k and 300k coal, which is a very high price for any ship. It will probably take someone half a year playing everyday to collect that amount of coal.

The only picture that I could find about the ship is this one. I don't even know if this is Yoshino. Do you have any other info on the ship?

The pic is from my blog, It is the Azuma, as there is no image of Yoshino yet, I used this image because Yoshino will just be a modernised up tiered version of Azuma, hence why I also used the original Tier X Azuma stats.

The data/stats in the blog article will change when more data becomes available.

Original Article HERE

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
817 posts
9,737 battles

This is the only official information im aware of.

You can assume the coal price of a T10 cruiser based on the prices of Salem and JB.

It will be a tier 10 B-65 project, so visually very similar to Azuma, perhaps with some 30mm armor plates and torpedos.

Since it was announced so recently it will probably be some time before we see it.

Players
499 posts
7 hours ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

This is the only official information im aware of.

Yes, I've read this information the moment they published it on the development blog and Facebook. However, I'm also interested in what people think about the ship. Will it be worth it the price? Are they keen to acquire it?
I was also interested in Neustrashimy but later decided that the ship won't perform to the expectations. As you can see from the link you provided, some even laugh that it will be sold for steel. Apparently, nobody knows why it will be so and what justifies it...

8 hours ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

You can assume the coal price of a T10 cruiser based on the prices of Salem and JB.

I expect a higher price.

Players
1,634 posts
5,972 battles
14 hours ago, DuneDreamer said:

If the model is located anywhere on the net it will be here: https://sketchfab.com/max_romash/models?cursor=cD0yMDE4LTEwLTI4KzA3JTNBMzElM0EwNS4xNjgzOTg%3D

All WOWS models are posted on here before they are released in game, here is where I found the Azuma.

Players
499 posts
10 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

If the model is located anywhere on the net it will be here: https://sketchfab.com/max_romash/models?cursor=cD0yMDE4LTEwLTI4KzA3JTNBMzElM0EwNS4xNjgzOTg%3D

All WOWS models are posted on here before they are released in game, here is where I found the Azuma.

I found the most information here. Apparently, the man has vision for the future. I believe I met him in another thread some time ago.

• Cool 1

Players
1,634 posts
5,972 battles
4 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

I found the most information here. Apparently, the man has vision for the future. I believe I met him in another thread some time ago.

When they have built the model and released it for testing it will be on sketchfab

Players
499 posts
4 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

When they have built the model and released it for testing it will be on sketchfab

No. I believe he is faster. He will steal the models before they are uploaded to sketchfab and post them on his blog.

I admire people who can create lengthy content out of nothing. :)

• Cool 1

[WGB]
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,116 posts
27,465 battles
18 hours ago, DuneDreamer said:
On 2/13/2019 at 10:34 PM, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

I expect a higher price.

You are right to expect a higher cost price, the Yoshino will be in the Tier X Super-Cruiser class of ships, I would expect her to be 250K+ coal

Players
499 posts
6 hours ago, iJoby said:

You are right to expect a higher cost price, the Yoshino will be in the Tier X Super-Cruiser class of ships, I would expect her to be 250K+ coal

Is there such a thing as "Super-Cruiser" in WoW? What makes it a super cruiser.

6 hours ago, iJoby said:

The pic is from my blog

I was expecting you to reply in this thread. :)

[WGB]
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,116 posts
27,465 battles
1 hour ago, DuneDreamer said:

Is there such a thing as "Super-Cruiser" in WoW? What makes it a super cruiser.

Design B-65 was a class of Super Type A cruisers[A 1] planned by the Imperial Japanese Navy (IJN) before and during World War II. As envisioned by the IJN, the cruisers were to play a key role in the Night Battle Force portion of the "Decisive battle"strategy which Japan hoped, in the event of war, to employ against the United States Navy. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_B-65_cruiser)

I was expecting you to reply in this thread. :)

Blog Stats (Traffic Source) leads me to where articles/images shared. :)

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
817 posts
9,737 battles

The Japanese Super Type A cruiser type was considered a type of heavy cruiser by the japanese but meets most requirements to be considered a battlecruiser.

Wargaming uses the term Large Cruisers (as most use the "Large Cruiser" dispersion model) when referring to ships such as Kronstadt, Stalingrad, Alaska and Azuma.

Players
499 posts
8 hours ago, iJoby said:

I would expect her to be 250K+ coal 

We will all be working in the coal mines soon!

7 minutes ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

Wargaming uses the term Large Cruisers (as most use the "Large Cruiser" dispersion model) when referring to ships such as Kronstadt, Stalingrad, Alaska and Azuma.

And WG uses the term Super Cruisers to indicate super long time to mine the coal. :cap_haloween:

[WGB]
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,116 posts
27,465 battles
2 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

We will all be working in the coal mines soon!

Dread the thought :)

How much coal have you saved?

Players
499 posts
1 minute ago, iJoby said:

Dread the thought :)

How much coal have you saved?

Around 80k and no ship coupons (WG gives you only 2 a year). I'm mostly saving steel for Bourgogne now. I've collected more than 15k already. 

• Cool 1

[WGB]
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,116 posts
27,465 battles
29 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

Around 80k and no ship coupons (WG gives you only 2 a year). I'm mostly saving steel for Bourgogne now. I've collected more than 15k already. 

The coal collection soon builds, I bought Salem and Musashi I still have 345k coal and 6850 steel and a coupon to use, but I will not be buying Yoshino straight away, I will wait for player feedback first.

Join our FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/WoWsGamerBlog/

Players
499 posts
21 minutes ago, iJoby said:

but I will not be buying Yoshino straight away, I will wait for player feedback first.

Even the player feedback may not save you from future changes.

I won't buy the ship without watching YT reviews either. Besides, I'm mostly a BB player. The only ship I'm sure I'll pay for is Bourgogne. I still wonder why they want steel for Neustrashimy. The reviews aren't good.

Players
499 posts

I just watched Flamu's review on Azuma. The ship is huge, clumsy and has weak armor. I definitely won't spend any resource on it. If Yoshino is similar, I'll skip it too. They'll have to improve the armor at least in order to make the ship attractive and not just stand as a huge floating citadel attracting long range BB shells.

• Cool 2

Players
1,634 posts
5,972 battles
1 hour ago, DuneDreamer said:

I just watched Flamu's review on Azuma. The ship is huge, clumsy and has weak armor. I definitely won't spend any resource on it. If Yoshino is similar, I'll skip it too. They'll have to improve the armor at least in order to make the ship attractive and not just stand as a huge floating citadel attracting long range BB shells.

I like the look of the alaska better than this ship :(

• Cool 2

[WGB]
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,116 posts
27,465 battles
On 2/15/2019 at 9:46 AM, DuneDreamer said:

:)