You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_xxiv123

gameplay /target hits/etc

16 comments in this topic

[-PAV-]
Players
1 post
2,460 battles

First i would like to comment on the historical inaccuracy of the battle flags of imperial japan and third reich germany.  these should be up graded to the correct flags .

And now my main topic... I believe the ratio between target hits and misses is far to high for the hits to target.  at a distance it should be more difficult to hit the target than it is now. in reality it was never that simple. strong seas,wind factors and radar all came in to play , the roll of the ship for instance   all made it difficult to consistently hit the target and i believe it is far to easy in the game to hit a target. the end product with this in the game would be less ships sunk but would go more for hit points. i believe the game play should be adjusted to reflect this.

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
18,877 posts
12,052 battles
  • Flags got discussed dozens of times
  • Lower hit ratio is bad for 20 minute matches and players do not want to play 60+ minute matches and it would only change the duration of a match, not the result (apart from beeing more random)
  • this is an arcade game, not the reality, you have to consider the time compression and model scale in the game
  • Cool 6
  • Bad 1

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
12,289 battles
Vor 5 Minuten, _xxiv123 sagte:

First i would like to comment on the historical inaccuracy of the battle flags of imperial japan and third reich germany.  these should be up graded to the correct flags .

This will most likely not happen, as it might lead to difficult legal problems in certain countries. It's just easier to use less controversial flags. If this is important for you, there are Historical Flag Mods that do just what you want.

And what ColonelPete says.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[-AP-]
Players
1,725 posts
4,179 battles

You have to think of how your suggested changes would affect gameplay, not how realistic it is

[SCRUB]
Players
1,780 posts
20,354 battles

"ooooh..... 1st thread ever on these topics".... think i need a preset for this post ^^.......

@op, never ever someone had such ideas in here. u don't need to check any former comments in here or, forbid god, use the search function....

#classic1stpost

@ColonelPete, u don't use a preset, do u? ;D

okok, <off to saltmine

• Funny 2

[7DSF]
Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,557 battles
50 minutes ago, _xxiv123 said:

And now my main topic... I believe the ratio between target hits and misses is far to high for the hits to target.  at a distance it should be more difficult to hit the target than it is now. in reality it was never that simple. strong seas,wind factors and radar all came in to play , the roll of the ship for instance   all made it difficult to consistently hit the target and i believe it is far to easy in the game to hit a target. the end product with this in the game would be less ships sunk but would go more for hit points. i believe the game play should be adjusted to reflect this.

And another one who don't understand that this game is not a simulation!

It's a arcade action game with ships.

No "realistic, no "historical" etc.

Take it or leave it!

[CU]
Players
321 posts
3,539 battles
1 hour ago, _xxiv123 said:

Thousands of us disagree, 3-5% hit rate with main battery guns, good luck ever hitting a ship, it would turn it into the most boring game ever for those that just want a quick arcade style match.

Beta Tester
76 posts
6,637 battles

Welcome to the wows forums! :Smile_honoring:

As you are new here I will suggest you use the search bar for any future complaints. This game has been out for soon 4 years. At this point its safe to assume that every conceivable complaint in this game has been discussed here on the forum. :cap_rambo:

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,267 posts
7,676 battles
3 hours ago, _xxiv123 said:

As has already been posted some countries don't allow certain images in-game which is why some flags will be excluded.

However, there are some mods in Aslain's Mod Pack that allow the correct flags to be shown.   I presume that other player's may not see them but at least you can

[ZPT]
Players
131 posts
4 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

And what ColonelPete says.

An official proof that ColonelPete is a WG shill, working in concert with them :Smile_trollface:!

[SM0KE]
Players
3,262 posts
8,314 battles
4 hours ago, Loke56 said:

At this point its safe to assume that every conceivable complaint in this game has been discussed here on the forum.

I dunno - I have faith that our magnificent community can always find something new to complain about...!

:Smile_smile:

[SCRUB]
Players
3,290 posts
8,751 battles
16 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Flags got discussed dozens of times

elaborate the guy, he might not be playing at the time.

not by telling him basically "use the search engine" (that gives questionable results)  .... :)

[CATS]
Players
18,877 posts
12,052 battles
21 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

elaborate the guy, he might not be playing at the time.

not by telling him basically "use the search engine" (that gives questionable results)  .... :)

Nope. Too tired of that discussion and the inability of people to understand the arguments.

• Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,290 posts
8,751 battles
27 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Nope. Too tired of that discussion and the inability of people to understand the arguments.

Gonna get u more likes than dislikes, just sayin ;)

[CATS]
Players
18,877 posts
12,052 battles
8 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Gonna get u more likes than dislikes, just sayin ;)

That one is my new personal stalker, no worry.

• Bad 1