You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Question for CV captains: What commanders skills are using post v0.8.x WoWs?

13 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,190 posts
8,986 battles

Hi all,

Question for CV captains: What commanders skills are using post v0.8.x WoWs?

Thanks for info in advance! :Smile_honoring:

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

Thread on Reddit

• Boring 1

[AAO]
Players
1,808 posts
9,611 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

way:

Hide contents

shot-19-02-13-13-08-10-0623.jpg

Same, except I have DE + the other 1 pointer in exchange for TA and AR

Might change with another free respec, but that's 6 weeks from now :/

edit: oh, and I also got that speshul captain with extra value for SE

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,911 posts
5,798 battles

Has anyone had a noticeable difference in using Sight Stabilisation? I took it as the "obvious" skill, but after testing with/without I cant see a noticeable difference. Im also not sure if it speeds up the prep time between starting the attack and being able to launch it, or the reticle closing.

Either way, 5% (10 for DB) doesnt seem to make enough difference to be worth 4pts

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
402 posts
11,218 battles
9 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

Has anyone had a noticeable difference in using Sight Stabilisation?

I find it easier to drop enemies, I don't have to lead as much.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,358 posts
11,268 battles

My Haku build isn't complete yet since I'm experimenting a bit. The must-haves are:

1p: Air Superiority

2p: -

3p: Survivability Expert, Aircraft Armor

4p: Sight Stabilization

This costs 11 points (and there's obviously the need to take at least one 2p skill to get the p3+ "must-haves".

As for the skills that aren't quite as mandatory:

1p:

- IEB would be nice in case of having spare extra point

- LG looks nice but, in the end, seems underwhelming for IJN CVs. Your RPs regenerate boost very fast and have little of it, your TBs fly in the set of 2 so the skill would only apply to the last 2 and your DBs are... very situational and usually have enough boost to not leave you wanting. AND they get shot up with one attack so much that the last strike is mostly irrelevant anyway.

2p:

- TA - this might be nice, but has problems. The main one being: longer arming range makes aiming even more of a chore than it already is... The loss of range (on the shorter torps) is less of a problem: hitting the enemies who aren't straight-sailing bots at max range is extremely unreliable (remember, you can't stealth-torp with these things and these torps are only fast for plane-dropped torp standards) and even if they ARE straight-sailing bots, you lack the DD torping indicator to make full use of that. The only thing you can reliably strike launching from max range is a ship that's AFK. Also, even if you drop max range, you're going to find yourself deep in enemy AA anyway because the squadron keeps moving forward when you're torping and planes aren't good at turning. BAsically, the range has very limited value.

- IE - a nice buff (who doesn't like speed)... but relatively small.

- AR - now, this is not a popular choice and it suffers a lot from the fact that dead planes are deducted from maximum hp. One green plane and one red? Damaged! Red one explodes? Whew, the pilot in the green one is now relaxed, he's flying in a full-hp squadron :Smile_trollface: Still, the buff becomes substantial (compared to IE) since as long as you're below 85%, you're going to be at 3% improved speed (compared to IEs 2.5% flat) and you'll often have less. AR - unlike for ships - isn't an offensive tool: it helps you get away saving more planes of a badly damaged squadron.

3p: nothing really worth taking; DE boosts rockets a tiny bit but there's no way in hell I'd get 3 extra points to spend on +1% fire chance, even if I use rockets a lot

4p:

- CE - STEALTHYYY. Stealth torping is not doable anyway but I can try getting closer to the battle with my hull and my planes are a bit less predictable.

Overall, current build is:

AS

IE, AR

SE, AA

SS, CE

but it might not stay that way when we get to respec for free the next time

• Cool 1

Players
1,559 posts
13,419 battles
45 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Midway:

Reveal hidden contents

shot-19-02-13-13-08-10-0623.jpg

Hakuryuu:

Reveal hidden contents

shot-19-02-13-13-08-38-0815.jpg

Same Haku build as me. However i wonder if "tank" building the planes is even worth it atm. They melt so fast anyways so it might be worth going for speed and resupply instead. 

Players
779 posts
4,780 battles
58 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

Has anyone had a noticeable difference in using Sight Stabilisation? I took it as the "obvious" skill, but after testing with/without I cant see a noticeable difference. Im also not sure if it speeds up the prep time between starting the attack and being able to launch it, or the reticle closing.

Either way, 5% (10 for DB) doesnt seem to make enough difference to be worth 4pts

I switched it many times but saw no noticable effect. I always start attack at 5 km, seems to be intended as during attack planes have 30 % more armour, which is enough time to close all reticules or aiming windows, if slight mouse aiming corrections  are used during the attack run also.  I can even hit DD hard with Tiny Tims this way.

Since it is 4 points better spend on effects you do notice, i didn't take it any more.

I don't think it is "obvious" at all. If so, only because the suggestion of it's 4 point worth investment.

What i wonder about if tier 1 plane repair skill ( air supremacy ) is repairing returned planes faster ( not many return after the F nerfs = useless ) or is replenishing them with new spawned ones faster......very big difference ( i would rate that 4 points if it did the latter ) .....don't know the answer...

I consider more speed, ( cruise and turbo ) more armour and health, faster torpedos and more fighters per consumable to be "no brainers" These all have very noticable effects increasing your score.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,911 posts
5,798 battles
27 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

What i wonder about if tier 1 plane repair skill is repairing returned planes faster ( not many return after the F nerfs = useless ) or is replenishing them with new spawned ones faster......very big difference ( i would rate that 4 points if it did the latter ) .....don't know the answer...

There is no repair time for planes - if they make it back then they're immediately ready to go again.

The tier 1 skill reduces the respawn time by 5%, so a 60s respawn would become 57s. Over the course of the battle this adds up, particularly if combined with the slot 5 equipment (a further 5% reduction)

[T-N-T]
[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,083 posts
9,469 battles

I have question regarding modules for t10 CV?

Which one you use?

[DC-DK]
Players
2,408 posts
24,407 battles

shot-19_02.14_16_38.22-0559.thumb.jpg.3a854b1aeadf6f1edb9f1ebf8a59dd2e.jpg

My Midway commander

shot-19_02.14_16_38.53-0316.thumb.jpg.370111aace02a180b23837d268aee2d8.jpg

Ranger

shot-19_02.14_16_39.16-0216.thumb.jpg.72ce9ae9bb8e79444c723d7a7e09f742.jpg

Hakuryu

shot-19_02.14_16_39.57-0687.thumb.jpg.4862090f9f6c2be194285002ec328c1e.jpg