Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shady_runner

152 mm gun penetration value, is it wrong ?

6 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
16 posts
3,391 battles

Dear WG

I have been working with the Boise to get the commander up to 14 points so as to get Inertia fuse.

Using the formula to work out the penetration of the guns before and after, it comes out at 25.33 / 32.93 crossing the threshold to get damaging shots on ships with 32mm of deck armour.

However in the drop down stats menu for the guns it says 24mm penetration and after IF that equals out to 31.20 below the threshold.

So my question is which is right, the formula we were given to work it out ourselves or what WG has put in game.

It might sound picky but as this is an inportant threshold and a 4 point skill some clarification would be nice.

Thank you for your time.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,278 battles
1 minute ago, Shady_runner said:

However in the drop down stats menu for the guns it says 24mm penetration and after IF that equals out to 31.20 below the threshold.

The number shown in the detailed ship characteristics is the thickness of plating you can damage with HE (it's basically just doing the -1 substraction from the HE penetration for effective HE pen).

Not sure what happened with showing 31.20 after taking IFHE as HE pen doesn't deal with decimal numbers anyway (only full numbers, rounded) so I would assume it's just another UI bug to add to the lists.

[NWP]
Players
5,886 posts
7,167 battles
1 minute ago, Aotearas said:

Not sure what happened with showing 31.20 after taking IFHE as HE pen doesn't deal with decimal numbers anyway (only full numbers, rounded) so I would assume it's just another UI bug to add to the lists.

I dont think it shows 31.20, he just did the math. And the math is wrong, as IFHE gets applied BEFORE rounding.

So 25.33 *1,3 = 32,92 -> rounding 33 - 1 = 32 mm penetration.

SO @Shady_runner it works correctly, if you take IFHE, it will say 32mm

Beta Tester
16 posts
3,391 battles

Thanks to the fast reply, and for putting my fears to rest, I can now go ahead and get IFHE in the knowledge that I will do untold damage to those ships who dare to have 32mm of protection.

[CATS]
Players
18,877 posts
12,052 battles
38 minutes ago, Shady_runner said:

Thanks to the fast reply, and for putting my fears to rest, I can now go ahead and get IFHE in the knowledge that I will do untold damage to those ships who dare to have 32mm of protection.

Untold damage?

You still have to hit them and survive....

[TOXIC]
Players
4,508 posts
11,466 battles
11 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Untold damage?

You still have to hit them and survive....

Dead men tell no tales. If he dies, his damage will remain untold :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this