Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Captain_KriegWurst

Neptune AA two long range auras?

13 comments in this topic

Players
126 posts
6,731 battles

I was checking my specs on various ships when I noticed that the Neptune has two Long range Auras according to the port UI. The first has 6 flak bursts and a constant dps of 177 and the second has 7 flak bursts with 201 constant dps.

Is this a bug or a feature? Do they act as a single combined aura or two overlapping ones?

Anyone know?

[XODUS]
Players
797 posts
4,770 battles

I will have to look this up when i get home but it makes sense
Neptune has both her 152mm main battery guns act as AA guns and her secondary 113mm guns (the Daring's Guns, she has a Daring Strapped to each side). 

so in terms of Long Range Aura she has in effect Two main battery values as her long range, then her 40mm's as Mid Range and 20mm as Short. 
Neptune appears to be more of a Long Range AA Monster that weakens as you get closer to her, unlike Minotaur that is just a Monster all round. 

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,278 battles
35 minutes ago, Captain_KriegWurst said:

Do they act as a single combined aura or two overlapping ones?

Check the sector range for both auras. If they are active at shared ranges then both will apply their respective dps simultanously

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,777 posts
6,224 battles

This might explain why my Neptune seemed to get more aircraft kills than my Mino some games - not a scientific observation, just situational I suspect.

Players
5,441 posts
6,734 battles
11 minutes ago, philjd said:

This might explain why my Neptune seemed to get more aircraft kills than my Mino some games - not a scientific observation, just situational I suspect.

Yeah, Nep has better long-range. Mino is all about the mid range.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,278 battles
3 hours ago, Seiranko said:

Yeah, Nep has better long-range. Mino is all about the mid range.

1,5-5km "midrange" :cap_rambo:

Players
5,441 posts
6,734 battles
57 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

1,5-5km "midrange" :cap_rambo:

A shadow of its former 7.2 km max. But hey, it still is likely the best AA with its way over 1k dps.

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
389 posts
4,801 battles

Seems the norm for ships that have long range AA + dual purpose main battery because even De Grasse has a double AA long range aura (one from the 100mm d/p secondaries and one from the 152 d/p main batteries).

Also Hood has 2 long range AA aureas, probably because its DefAA only works on long range rockets, so their AA values need to be separated from the other long range AA mounts. 

Edit: personally I enjoy this feature because you can benefit 2 times for the AA mod on slot 3: De Grasse and Hood had some sort of “gimmicky” AA before 0.8, so it is nice to have a way to enhance this aspect. 

• Bad 1

[TSCC]
Players
1,767 posts
20,155 battles

If I'm not wrong, long range AA guns are guns with caliber larger then 85mm. I guess that mean that every ship with more types of guns that fit this definition will have same amount of long range auras. That's why ships like Neptune and De Grasse have two long range auras, one for main DP guns and the other for secondaries/AA guns.

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
389 posts
4,801 battles
Proprio ora, fumtu ha scritto:

If I'm not wrong, long range AA guns are guns with caliber larger then 85mm. I guess that mean that every ship with more types of guns that fit this definition will have same amount of long range auras. That's why ships like Neptune and De Grasse have two long range auras, one for main DP guns and the other for secondaries/AA guns.

Not exactly, you can check Alsace (which has two types of long range: 100mm and 152mm AA just like De Grasse) and it has only 1 long range AA, so it seems the double long range AA requires to have AA main batteries + other long range AA mounts.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
389 posts
4,801 battles
2 minuti fa, Jean_Bart ha scritto:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsCEpM6Q6ORchuKKH7_UR

Nope, you're such a good hidden profile troll that would be a shame if you stop :Smile_honoring:

• Bad 1

Sign in to follow this