You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Caliba62

Clear Sky - how, after the rework?

28 comments in this topic

[BBMM]
Players
2 posts
3,531 battles

Hey guys,

I'm sure someone has yet achieved this, so I gotta ask - how is it supposed to be possible to get the Clear Sky heroic individual after the CV rework?
Downed 37 aircraft, while the rest of my team did 24, but I didn't get anything for it - am I supposed to destroy half of the infinitely many aircraft

a CV has at its disposal by now? Hoping for a clarification.

Greetings

Caliba

[HOB]
1,507 posts
6,394 battles

Medals for removing planes are removed. Maybe will be back in the future.

• Cool 1

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,094 posts
6,321 battles

I'd imagine they'll be reworking that, especially since for CV fighters dont do very much, so their plane kills only happen if the enemy CV attempts to attack them.

I also notice the +5% AA flag (usually earned via clear skies) is unavailable in the arsenal. The other 16 signal flags are available for coal, but that one isnt in the arsenal

[ONE2]
Players
2,883 posts
16,818 battles
18 minutes ago, Caliba62 said:

Hey guys,

I'm sure someone has yet achieved this, so I gotta ask - how is it supposed to be possible to get the Clear Sky heroic individual after the CV rework?
Downed 37 aircraft, while the rest of my team did 24, but I didn't get anything for it - am I supposed to destroy half of the infinitely many aircraft

a CV has at its disposal by now? Hoping for a clarification.

Greetings

Caliba

Well, as I found out. CV's now have a certain finite number of reserve planes, for example 72 - After they have all been shot down, it takes some 60-80 seconds or so to regenerate just 1 aircraft and many times the amount of time to get a full squadron (so not really infinite then). Therefore it would be reasonable to assume that you could get the achievement for shooting down a proportion of the 72? But then again, I guess them achievements have been removed for the time being. Shot down 56 with my Atlanta the other day and got nothing for it as well. Just have to wait then I guess.:cap_old:

[BBMM]
Players
2 posts
3,531 battles

Aye, thanks for the replies everyone.

We'll have to live with the fact that AA is for nothing but self-defense until further notice then, I guess.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,278 battles
1 hour ago, Xevious_Red said:

I also notice the +5% AA flag (usually earned via clear skies) is unavailable in the arsenal. The other 16 signal flags are available for coal, but that one isnt in the arsenal

That ... is kinda a rather big oversight.

That means the only way to get those flags is from containers (no idea how frequently they drop), campaign mission rewards (one time only per mission) and whenever WG deigns to make them a reward for ingame missions/events.

I'm lucky that I'm sitting at over a thousand of those flags as I've very rarely used them before (panik effect was always sufficient and 5% dps didn't make much difference imo, plus you barely ever met CVs), but now that dps is everything those flags are a good deal more useful.

Well, WG is testing offering combat signal flags in the Arsenal on PTS, but I don't know if the AA flag is included. Maybe @MrConway or @Crysantos can have a short look into WG's plans regarding this.

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
267 posts
14,038 battles

Clear Sky has not been available for a long time. Its requirements were always stupidly excessive at high tiers, making it exceedingly rare for carriers and damn near impossible for everyone else. That is why it was replaced by two different achievements for carriers and everyone else. Those two are currently not available, but will probably be back later. Clear Sky is gone for good.

• Cool 1

Players
4,123 posts
7,606 battles
55 minutes ago, Rosletyne said:

Those two are currently not available, but will probably be back later

WG might be trying to find out, what the requirements for them need to be. So they need some data from the live server. Then I think they will be back. After all, the missions are still there. If they´d plan to get rid of them completly, they would have changed the missions.

[EUROF]
Players
35 posts
14,312 battles

The planes shoot down on current update is astonishing. I ve very regularly shoot down 50+ with the Worcester, Desmoines or Minotaur. In one mission shoot down 83 with the woster. So I m guessing WG is reavaluating that because the last few days have been a total planes slayer

[BS4]
Players
1,052 posts
6,049 battles
28 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

WG might be trying to find out, what the requirements for them need to be. So they need some data from the live server. Then I think they will be back. After all, the missions are still there. If they´d plan to get rid of them completly, they would have changed the missions.

Agreed...so...

1 hour ago, Rosletyne said:

. Clear Sky is gone for good.

I agree that the award criteria was set ridiculously high but where did you get your information from?

We have a whole new update with AA being a major factor...why would they get rid of it in this game for good?

[DAVY]
Players
267 posts
14,038 battles
16 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

I agree that the award criteria was set ridiculously high but where did you get your information from?

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-074/

They have already retired the old Clear Sky achievement months ago. It was replaced by two new achievements, which are currently available, but which will probably come back as I said. I see no reason why the old Clear Sky would ever return.

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,701 posts
2,666 battles
2 hours ago, Aotearas said:

That ... is kinda a rather big oversight.

That means the only way to get those flags is from containers (no idea how frequently they drop), campaign mission rewards (one time only per mission) and whenever WG deigns to make them a reward for ingame missions/events.

I'm lucky that I'm sitting at over a thousand of those flags as I've very rarely used them before (panik effect was always sufficient and 5% dps didn't make much difference imo, plus you barely ever met CVs), but now that dps is everything those flags are a good deal more useful.

Well, WG is testing offering combat signal flags in the Arsenal on PTS, but I don't know if the AA flag is included. Maybe @MrConway or @Crysantos can have a short look into WG's plans regarding this.

The flags should also be available for credits along with the other combat flags.

I checked regarding the achievements and, as I suspected, we will have to hold off on any change until we have reliable data about who is shooting down how many planes, to be able to set an appropriate target.

We hope to have this done with 0.8.2, but cannot promise it yet.

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,278 battles
8 minutes ago, MrConway said:

The flags should also be available for credits along with the other combat flags.

Sweet!

[BS4]
Players
1,052 posts
6,049 battles
3 hours ago, Rosletyne said:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-074/

They have already retired the old Clear Sky achievement months ago. It was replaced by two new achievements, which are currently available, but which will probably come back as I said. I see no reason why the old Clear Sky would ever return.

Sorry forgot they had changed the name clear sky's for king of the air. Yes I remember the ridicolous 55 plane requirement. I guess they will re introduce it when it's clearer what is a fair number....

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,018 posts
21,133 battles
9 hours ago, Xevious_Red said:

7 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Well, WG is testing offering combat signal flags in the Arsenal on PTS, but I don't know if the AA flag is included.

Am i the only one who has it in arsenal? or did they fixed it?

nes.thumb.png.34349ae78d6030f7d65dc1d258c63a7e.png

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,094 posts
6,321 battles
39 minutes ago, Profilus said:

I'll have a check on mine in a bit - it wasnt available yesterday when I checked, as I checked and re-checked incase it was me missing something

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,278 battles
31 minutes ago, Profilus said:

*twitch clip*

I am honoured to have participated in the making of your signature (that question was one of mine). To be fair for the Q&A guys though, the person selecting the question did a good job not backing down and getting the gist of the question across to the point we got a somewhat acceptable answer in the way that they're looking at potentionally tweaking the auto-bail for aircraft that have dropped their ordnance as opposed to recalling the entire squadron via F.

But yeah, the initial "answer" to the question was profoundly non-committal. Then again, it's hard to properly nuance a question if you only got 200 characters to try and squeeze an even remotely complex question into. Reason why I hardly bother with such Twitch Q&As, but at that time I was bored and gave it a shot anyway, got lucky to have two questions picked out.

• Cool 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,018 posts
21,133 battles
59 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I am honoured to have participated in the making of your signature (that question was one of mine). To be fair for the Q&A guys though, the person selecting the question did a good job not backing down and getting the gist of the question across to the point we got a somewhat acceptable answer in the way that they're looking at potentionally tweaking the auto-bail for aircraft that have dropped their ordnance as opposed to recalling the entire squadron via F.

But yeah, the initial "answer" to the question was profoundly non-committal. Then again, it's hard to properly nuance a question if you only got 200 characters to try and squeeze an even remotely complex question into. Reason why I hardly bother with such Twitch Q&As, but at that time I was bored and gave it a shot anyway, got lucky to have two questions picked out.

Yep i know it was you. :Smile_great:

But the answer "it wouldnt give you information" in Q&A is against everything Q&A stands for.:Smile_hiding:

Players
4,050 posts
8,804 battles
On 2/13/2019 at 8:03 PM, Profilus said:

I noticed this as well as I saw there were 17 signals available again instead of the 16 that we had since 8.0 was released.

I knew about the removal of these signals when I noticed the NA arsenal had 16 and I noticed the discrepancy, so I stocked up a bit on those as EU gets updated a day later (I had less then 100 of those remaining).

Odd thing is that when mouse-overing these signals from the main tab (when you see the 17 signals on the right hand side), these signals were the only ones not carrying a discription for its battle performance (the 5% more damage yada yada).

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,018 posts
21,133 battles
4 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Iirc Clear Skies was ridiculously hard to get. I'm glad I managed to get one before it was gone forever. I think the name is ingenious.

Well, they have to rename it now because it will never be Clear Sky anymore:Smile_smile:

• Funny 1

[DGH-W]
[DGH-W]
Players
113 posts
13,990 battles

Just did 65 planes, 61 with AA, 4 with a defensive squad. Got nothing...

[NWP]
Players
905 posts
5,848 battles
On 2/13/2019 at 2:00 PM, Xevious_Red said:

In the Arsenal now.

flag.thumb.png.29a16094a3c550c0710f8179bf3b9f46.png

[_FK_]
Beta Tester
250 posts
5,027 battles
On 2/13/2019 at 10:02 AM, RAHJAILARI said:

Well, as I found out. CV's now have a certain finite number of reserve planes, for example 72 - After they have all been shot down, it takes some 60-80 seconds or so to regenerate just 1 aircraft and many times the amount of time to get a full squadron (so not really infinite then). Therefore it would be reasonable to assume that you could get the achievement for shooting down a proportion of the 72? But then again, I guess them achievements have been removed for the time being. Shot down 56 with my Atlanta the other day and got nothing for it as well. Just have to wait then I guess.:cap_old:

I got 71. Got Nothing. :cap_rambo:

[SCRUB]
Players
3,615 posts
11,921 battles
1 hour ago, RamboCras said:

Just did 65 planes, 61 with AA, 4 with a defensive squad. Got nothing...

1 hour ago, Saltface said:

In the Arsenal now.

flag.thumb.png.29a16094a3c550c0710f8179bf3b9f46.png

Thread is about 4 months old;

1. there are no achievable AA-related achievements in the game (for the moment)

2. has been mentioned before a couple of times :Smile_Default: