Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Babysote

Manual fire control

25 comments in this topic

Players
11 posts
4,710 battles

Hello, why cant i use manual fire control on my Prinz Eugen? I know u have completly destroyed the fun with cvs and remowed it from them, but on a tier 8 cruiser WITH secondarys?????? WHY? 

[BGBRD]
Players
318 posts
9,557 battles

You can use it, but it just don't work the same way it used to be... 

I will advice to read the 0.8.0. patch notes and the captain skill description (and watch some CC video) before starting such threads.

[ONE2]
Players
2,517 posts
14,976 battles

I am assuming you are talking about the AA then, so I'll just leave it here because my Schanhorst's secondaries worked just fine this morning... :cap_old:

Other than that, also check this out (from the wiki):

" This doesn't mean manual aim; the guns still aim automatically. It requires the player to manually select a target by holding down Ctrl and left-clicking on it.
With this skill, the secondaries will not fire at all without manual target selection. "

[ONE2]
Players
2,517 posts
14,976 battles
11 minutes ago, belalugosisdead said:

? You mean ?manual secondaries or manual AA?

Both are covered lad.. Manual secondaries have not been changed at all in this patch. They work or do not work exactly the same than they did before. Only the AA has been changed, so if AA indeed is the problem, check the video. IF your problem actually is the secondaries, please check the quote from wiki (red text in my post).:cap_hmm:

If the issue is something else, we gonna need more explanation(s) on the problem from you to better understand what is wrong and be able to say anything more.:Smile_Default:

Players
11 posts
4,710 battles

Well im not talking about AA. Secondarys.  In the captain skills i cant pick manual control of the secondarys (yes i can in my Schanhorst but not my tier 8 premium Prinz Eugen that i bought for alomost 400 nok). 

Secondarys fires like before, but NOT with captain skill : Manual fire control :  

Prinz Eugen Captainskill.png

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
6 minutes ago, Babysote said:

Well im not talking about AA. Secondarys.  In the captain skills i cant pick manual control of the secondarys (yes i can in my Schanhorst but not my tier 8 premium Prinz Eugen that i bought for alomost 400 nok). 

Secondarys fires like before, but NOT with captain skill : Manual fire control :  

Because you dont have it? You changed skills, that cap does not have the secondary manual control...

Are you ok?

[ONE2]
Players
2,517 posts
14,976 battles

Ahh, now I understand. Yes, they changed it a while back so any skills, which are not useful / usable in your current ship cannot be selected anymore. That is an old change tho, last year vintage. Nothing much we can do about it I guess. Sorry about that. Maybe just choose Demotion Expert and / or something else instead?:cap_hmm:

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
Just now, RAHJAILARI said:

Ahh, now I understand. Yes, they changed it a while back so any skills, which are not useful / usable in your current ship cannot be selected anymore. That is an old change tho, last year vintage. Nothing much we can do about it I guess. Sorry about that. maybe just choose Demotion Expert and somethi else instead?:cap_hmm:

That is weird, my 19pt secondary build cap uses the skill just fine, it does say its not optimal, but it workds regardless...

[ONE2]
Players
2,517 posts
14,976 battles
2 minutes ago, Juanx said:

That is weird, my 19pt secondary build cap uses the skill just fine, it does say its not optimal, but it workds regardless...

TBH - I never tried it on a Cruiser myself, perhaps you can still take it, even if it recommends not to? Give it a try @Babysote :cap_tea:

Players
11 posts
4,710 battles

Thats just tragic... Atleast u can have it on a tier total useless 3 bbs... When i hunt DDs secondary upgrade is very usefull, for me. Anyway thx for answers, ill need to cry to WG i see

[SCRUB]
Players
657 posts
12,294 battles

Ummmmm... guys? You can select it, though manual secondaries on a cruiser is highly questionable. That icon is just saying that it's not recommended. For example I use IFHE on Kurfurst 

• Cool 2

Players
526 posts
29 minutes ago, Babysote said:

If the ship is under T7 class, then that I think explains why you can't use Manual Secondary skill on it. I think only ships from T7 onwards are allowed to use that skill.

• Funny 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
8 minutes ago, Babysote said:

Thats just tragic...

What is? You are not comprehending what we wrote right?

Atleast u can have it on a tier total useless 3 bbs...

And you can have it on any cruiser too, you just fail at it...

When i hunt DDs secondary upgrade is very usefull, for me.

And everyone else.

Anyway thx for answers, ill need to cry to WG i see

WG will not teach you how to read or comprehend text, not too sure you want to go to them...

Just now, MRGTB said:

If the ship is under T7 class, then that I think explains why you can't use Manual Secondary skill on it. I think only ships from T7 onwards are allowed to use that skill.

Oh god please why...if you dont know what you are talking about, just be quiet...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
657 posts
12,294 battles

The lack of basic knowledge & understanding game mechanics in this thread... 

@OP : please hover your mouse over the manual secondary icon. You will see what it says. 

And as for what @MRGTBsaid.. You can select the skill on any ship you want, any tier, any class, any nation. Heck, feel free to go Kiev with manual secondaries... 

• Cool 2

[BGBRD]
Players
318 posts
9,557 battles

What are they teaching you at school, these days???:Smile_child:??? WG implemented those signs on the captain skill to prevent you from doing "questionable" decisions... I'm also a part of the millennial generation, but I understood the importance of READING

[ONE2]
Players
2,517 posts
14,976 battles

@Freyr_90 @OTECa1We may have overlooked something very basic here lads...  @Babysote, you may have to reset your Captain skills all-together  before you will be able to select this skill. Just noticed that although you have a 19 point captain, you do not have any free skill points left ATM for taking on additional skills... :cap_hmm:

[SCRUB]
Players
657 posts
12,294 battles

@RAHJAILARII did see that though I assumed that something that basic can't possibly be overlooked. Perhaps I've raised the bar too high.. 

[PK11]
Beta Tester
678 posts
10,590 battles
Vor 59 Minuten, MRGTB sagte:

OP talks about Prinz Eugen. So, did you not read before posting or don't you just have a lack of knowledge which ship is on which tier? Either way should discourage you from posting suggestions.

[SSA]
Players
686 posts
16,813 battles
30 minutes ago, Freyr_90 said:

I assumed that something that basic can't possibly be overlooked.

I assume you've never played on weekends then ? ^^

• Funny 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,359 battles

Hold on... what?!

[PK11]
Beta Tester
678 posts
10,590 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Babysote sagte:

Thats just tragic... Atleast u can have it on a tier total useless 3 bbs... When i hunt DDs secondary upgrade is very usefull, for me. Anyway thx for answers, ill need to cry to WG i see

You can choose this skill and it will work.

The "forbidden" sign is a bit harsh as it actually displays recommendations rather than restrictions.

[T-N-T]
[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,082 posts
9,465 battles

This whole thread

538.jpg

• Funny 1

[TTT]
Players
4,105 posts
7,839 battles
1 hour ago, Sigimundus said:

This whole thread

I think if the density denseness went any higher this thread would develop its own event horizon...

• Funny 4

Sign in to follow this