You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Naval Battle: Clans Competition

59 comments in this topic

[PRT]
Players
3 posts
15,440 battles

What I don't understand is about the attempts for the Engagement Stage?  If I understand this correctly the clan as a whole only gets 10 attempts at completing a Stage?  If that is so then as a clan leader I would be required to dictate which players are allowed to make certain attempts.  We have some players who always produce 30 oil each day, but only accomplish this because they play all day.  They are not very good players but they are great guys and great producers for the clan.  Am I to order them to not make any attempts because they would use up all of the clan's attempts and fail?  Please tell me that I am not reading this correctly?  

[LUSOS]
[LUSOS]
Players
40 posts
9,562 battles

It's not hard to understand, but you coul have translated everything hehe:

The mid goals are still in Russian ;)

traducao.png

[-RDE-]
[-RDE-]
Players
100 posts
3,206 battles
17 minutes ago, Penchal21 said:

What I don't understand is about the attempts for the Engagement Stage?  If I understand this correctly the clan as a whole only gets 10 attempts at completing a Stage?  If that is so then as a clan leader I would be required to dictate which players are allowed to make certain attempts.  We have some players who always produce 30 oil each day, but only accomplish this because they play all day.  They are not very good players but they are great guys and great producers for the clan.  Am I to order them to not make any attempts because they would use up all of the clan's attempts and fail?  Please tell me that I am not reading this correctly?  

Hi ya, I think each player get 10 attempts 

If a player completes a mission, they acquire a star for their Clan, which gains the Clan access to a more complicated mission. An attempt is spent on each battle regardless of its result. Each player has ten attempts only for an Engagement.

This event does not feel like a clan thing at all to me, just more missions to do with no reward for your efforts.

[BACON]
Beta Tester
3 posts
3,312 battles

I just enterede at a battle with one of my clan mates and we where both in cruisers, i recived 1476 base XP and he a little less, why is only my contribution countede toward the goal? we can not find any button to push that would disallow or allow my clan mate to participate and no where is it statede that only the highest scoring division members base XP will be countede, is this a bug?

Just found this update, but it is under the engagement section not the preperation

UPD: Exception: Premium ships of Italy, Poland, Pan-America and the Commonwealth, as well as French destroyers, pan-Asian cruisers and USSR battleships, as these branches don't have tier X researchable ships.

Players
102 posts
15,384 battles
Just now, PARAORDINANCE said:
On 2/18/2019 at 6:39 PM, Penchal21 said:

Each clan member gets 10 goes each to complete the missions

Players
3 posts
5,846 battles

Could someone tell me why we only have 550 oil instead of 800 oil? We accomplished the mission. Thanks for the help.

shot-19.02.21_17.52.05-0716.jpg

[AMAT]
Beta Tester
143 posts
5,483 battles

As a member and the founder of my 1 man clan :cap_cool: i wonder is these work for me . İ mean can i join by my self ?

Well wg  i have a idea . Arene battles. 1vs1 . :Smile_trollface:

Players
15 posts
3,968 battles

I really like this event. Getting some oil, playing some different ships, not doing crazy requirements and not too grindy, just something fun and get some rewards for the clan.

I would like to suggest one change though and that is with the 10 -attempt systems. 

Now if you want to min-max you need the lesser players in your clan to go first and collect the 300-900xp ones, which can potentially lead to some shitty situations.

Also when you have a clan with people in with varying activity levels that doesn't really help.

So, can the attempt system maybe be changed to count only for failed attempts? So say, everybody get 10 (or maybe a few less) attempts, which only count down when you fail to achieve that XP goal for the ship you are on? That way it is easier to clear out the lower numbers and get to the more challenging ones and that way the lower number don't need to be removed either to have a challenge for clans which for example consist maybe mainly out of coop-players etc. And you don't need to do some "you go first, because you suck the most" organization.

Players
1,604 posts
11,648 battles

I have now understood how this event works.

Several remarks:

1) As long as the port interface is so incredibly unresponsive and laggy, it is not a good idea to bury that "enable attempts" button deep in the Clans menu. Because if you do it this way, it takes four clicks to accomplish one thing (including leaving the Clan menu again for the Port screen so you can go on playing), and the laggy interface takes severals seconds to respond to three of those four, which is very annoying.

2) To minimise confusion, maybe don't use words like "Clan Battle" and "Combat mission" in the rules. These terms have a very specific and well-defined meaning in this game and that meaning is not what they are used to describe in the rules for this event.

The description could maybe contain something like this:

"The objective for the clan is to gather more stars than the opposing clan. Once players enter the competition by setting the attempts button to 'enabled', they get a star whenever meeting or exceeding the current minimum amount of base XP set for the respective ship class and nation in a Random, Co-op or Ranked Battle. Each time a star is earned, the minimum amount to gain the next star in the same ship class and nation is increased to the next level."

Then probably best mention the starting minimum amount is 900 XP while using an example to explain the whole thing even better, so that clans can understand it is a good idea to let the weaker players start it off because earning stars will soon get a lot harder and the strongest players should therefore save their attempts until as late as possible.

By and large.

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Beta Tester
30 posts
5,918 battles

Info says the engagement ends 25/02 at 01:00.   What time zone is the 01:00?  When exactly is the last time of day we can battle for a star?

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,650 posts
2,443 battles
12 hours ago, BilgeWater said:

Info says the engagement ends 25/02 at 01:00.   What time zone is the 01:00?  When exactly is the last time of day we can battle for a star?

Time zones in client should always be your local time.

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Beta Tester
30 posts
5,918 battles
2 hours ago, MrConway said:

Time zones in client should always be your local time.

This is perfect, thank you!   I bet a lot of people somehow knew or assumed that, but I feel I pay close attention and had no idea.   Perhaps the client could add the local time zone code or say “local time” after stating the time?

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,650 posts
2,443 battles

In other news I thought you'd all want to know that unfortunately, and despite our best efforts, we could not manage to uphold and defend the honour of the EU server :cap_wander_2:

shamefur dispray.png

• Cool 1

[HAWKS]
[HAWKS]
Players
20 posts
9,300 battles

How is the rating calculated ?

The leading clan ended with 82 stars collected and a rating of 251 and in 11th place you have a clan with a 123 stars collected and a rating of 247. My own clan ended with a win and 87 stars collected and a rating of 155.

What am I missing ? :Smile_amazed:

[OHMSS]
Players
2 posts
1,773 battles
On 2/14/2019 at 1:16 PM, MrConway said:

Clan battles will be back, don't worry.

Thanks for that comment. Any ideas when this is likely to be back? Not a great fan of the naval battles as it is a poor substitute to clan battles in my opinion but appreciate you folks adding new content and wanting to shake things up. I would love CBs to be a standard part of the game and not something that goes by season but it is what it is. 

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.  

Players
315 posts
12,632 battles

I like this feature. It's a nice low-energy clan activity to fill the gaps between Clan Battle seasons. There is room for improvement though. The main problem is that there is essentially no incentive for individual players to use their attempts efficiently, or at all. A modest individual reward for each star earned, would solve this easily: perhaps 400 coal per star?

[BITAM]
[BITAM]
Players
46 posts
21,199 battles

The Clan objective is to surpass its opponent by the number of stars earned for completing the missions on the table.

[BITAM]
Beta Tester
97 posts
21,839 battles
3 hours ago, panos_abarth said:

What is this ? The score is 93-83 for my clan and it says defeat ? Is this a bug ? 
Also beside the fact that we won by stars and it says defeat we get reward 400 oil and this is the reward for Draw since a win should give us 700 oil.

EDIT
After ticket the error is resolved and things show up the way it should be

naval.png

• Cool 1