Elias_D

The most important information on today's live QnA

50 comments in this topic

[ICON]
Beta Tester
97 posts
23,842 battles

In case you missed it I believe that is something everyone should know.

In my question " how long the balancing will take" the answer was SEVERAL MONTHS.

That means as you understand that there is no live server anymore and we all play on a test server becoming the lab rats for Wargaming.

Community contributors mentioned that it will take at least a year for them to find the correct balances if they ever will.

Another frustrating thing mentioned is that the senior developer of the game plays on the live server 20 to 30 battles per week leading to the conclusion that there is no touch with the players base at all or even to the game itself.

It is a shame to see such a nice game killing itself more and more each day and it is a pitty for the time and money most of us wasted as it seems.

We need to find a way to correct this mess ourselves or pretty soon the game will lose the majority of it's players so please post any ideas on how to turn this around.

• Cool 17
  • Boring 1

[ICON]
Beta Tester
97 posts
23,842 battles

In my opinion what will really shake things up is a total failure on the next premium sales on shop.

Also a break from the game which is already happening will be a good idea.

The CV's pretty soon will return to that 10 % who really enjoys them and I suggest those who don't like them either sell them all or don't touch them for the next weeks.

It is frustrating the 80% of the players to be ignored like that and even more to see that the responsible for all this is a guy who is not even playing the game seriously.

• Cool 7
  • Bad 1

Players
1,319 posts
9,655 battles

It cannot be fixed because WG do not want to fix it.. meanwhile WG will expect the Lab Rats to keep buying premium time and goodies.... funny that isn't it.. you pay your money and don't even get the finished product.

Everyone knows that if WG won't listen to players directly they will only take notice of zero revenue...

If you truly don't like the way the this once great game has turned don't spend any money because that is the only way to show these people that they have made a big mistake. They don't listen to people...

• Cool 9

[CATS]
Players
18,984 posts
12,100 battles
2 hours ago, Elias_D said:

In case you missed it I believe that is something everyone should know.

In my question " how long the balancing will take" the answer was SEVERAL MONTHS.

That means as you understand that there is no live server anymore and we all play on a test server becoming the lab rats for Wargaming.

Community contributors mentioned that it will take at least a year for them to find the correct balances if they ever will.

Another frustrating thing mentioned is that the senior developer of the game plays on the live server 20 to 30 battles per week leading to the conclusion that there is no touch with the players base at all or even to the game itself.

It is a shame to see such a nice game killing itself more and more each day and it is a pitty for the time and money most of us wasted as it seems.

We need to find a way to correct this mess ourselves or pretty soon the game will lose the majority of it's players so please post any ideas on how to turn this around.

That is 3 to 5 hours playtime per week while breathing WoWs during his complete worktime...

If that is not enough, you should manage your expectations...

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
82 posts
4,296 battles

Since you consider it frustrating that 80% of players are allegedly being ignored, I presume that you think of yourself as one of those 80%.

I furthermore assume that you are not a regular CV player.

If you like to play BBs, the change of flooding mechanics should be a breath of relief.

Maybe you like DDs, then the radar change should suit you just fine.

Cruiser players have more fun than ever. Now they can shred planes while hiding behind islands.

At present, only the minority of dedicated CV players are totally screwed.

What exactly are you complaining about ?

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts

I was pleasantly surprised when they said something in the like of : "Minotaur has too strong AA ? Yes that is true, pick another target or ask help to deal with it"

This is after all not a single player game. If you face something you cannot deal with, you need other players to help you. Communicate. Goes for DD under air attack aswell. Less ramboing, more cooperation. Now that is working as intended it seems.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[HF_30]
Players
1,373 posts
25 minutes ago, OnceBittenTwiceShy said:

Since you consider it frustrating that 80% of players are allegedly being ignored, I presume that you think of yourself as one of those 80%.

I furthermore assume that you are not a regular CV player.

If you like to play BBs, the change of flooding mechanics should be a breath of relief.

Maybe you like DDs, then the radar change should suit you just fine.

Cruiser players have more fun than ever. Now they can shred planes while hiding behind islands.

At present, only the minority of dedicated CV players are totally screwed.

What exactly are you complaining about ?

Everybody is screwed, because the meta changes due to this mess just stink af. Literally, af and no washing for a week afterwards. Luckily there's one handy one-click-solution available in the friggin' Game-Center.

• Cool 2

[ICON]
Beta Tester
97 posts
23,842 battles

I am seeing things take the Blizzard way for WG.

First of all I am not complaining, I am frustrated by the bad turn of this game.

Secondly I asked for the people who think the same as I do for solutions to turn this madness around not for WG fanboys which at any post they want to lick their ears (maybe they get paid for that).

Its not about the CV or the DD it's all about the game losing every strategic aspect and becoming a boring static lemming train.

The majority thinks so the majority should be respected.

A game is supposed to be fun and this thing now it isn't fun because it became a testing environment for lab rats.

• Cool 4

[CATS]
Players
18,984 posts
12,100 battles
3 minutes ago, Elias_D said:

I am seeing things take the Blizzard way for WG.

First of all I am not complaining, I am frustrated by the bad turn of this game.

Secondly I asked for the people who think the same as I do for solutions to turn this madness around not for WG fanboys which at any post they want to lick their ears (maybe they get paid for that).

Its not about the CV or the DD it's all about the game losing every strategic aspect and becoming a boring static lemming train.

The majority thinks so the majority should be respected.

A game is supposed to be fun and this thing now it isn't fun because it became a testing environment for lab rats.

Thinking objectivly and removing the tinfoil hat could lead to new revelations.

And your complaint about player behaviour is not new and has nothing to do with the recent changes. 

And player behaviour is primarily a player problem.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 3

[ICON]
Beta Tester
97 posts
23,842 battles

Thinking objectively this post is about proposals for people who think like me on ways to change the live server back to its old glory and not about me.

There is polls showing the picture clearly right now there is a live stream admitting that nothing will work normally for months there is a video of a cc saying that all this will take over a year.

So 2,3 people in forums coming to every post which seeks answers and solutions fast and save this game to talk against all that is either a paid answer to fog the negative feedback or an egoistic approach which is killing the game even more.

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
18,984 posts
12,100 battles
2 minutes ago, Elias_D said:

Thinking objectively this post is about proposals for people who think like me on ways to change the live server back to its old glory and not about me.

There is polls showing the picture clearly right now there is a live stream admitting that nothing will work normally for months there is a video of a cc saying that all this will take over a year.

So 2,3 people in forums coming to every post which seeks answers and solutions fast and save this game to talk against all that is either a paid answer to fog the negative feedback or an egoistic approach which is killing the game even more.

Your inability to consider that people can just have a different opinion than you, IS a problem.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 3

[ICON]
Beta Tester
97 posts
23,842 battles
56 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Your inability to consider that people can just have a different opinion than you, IS a problem.

This post was not for people to post their opinions about the game.

It is in English after all and easy to understand by the majority.

This post is for people with same opinion to express solutions.

If you have different opinion feel free to make your own posts anytime.

Coming in someone else post to say something different from what is asked is just for provocation or from lack of understanding a question in plain English.

• Cool 4

Players
82 posts
4,296 battles

Look at it like this: "Working normally" is what we got used to. 

We got used to sinking, if we used our damage con before we got hit by a torpedo.

We got used to burn to death after a friggin DD set our BB on fire . . . 3 times in a row.

We got used to being nuked after getting radared by an island camper.

All this represents "working normally" but is this really what you want ?

There is no such thing as former glory - only the stuff we accepted, despite it's shortcomings.

Be glad they finally started to give it an overhaul and be part of the process.

Only constructive criticism has a chance to get noticed, mourning the past is futile.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3

[ICON]
Beta Tester
97 posts
23,842 battles
31 minutes ago, OnceBittenTwiceShy said:

Look at it like this: "Working normally" is what we got used to. 

We got used to sinking, if we used our damage con before we got hit by a torpedo.

We got used to burn to death after a friggin DD set our BB on fire . . . 3 times in a row.

We got used to being nuked after getting radared by an island camper.

All this represents "working normally" but is this really what you want ?

There is no such thing as former glory - only the stuff we accepted, despite it's shortcomings.

Be glad they finally started to give it an overhaul and be part of the process.

Only constructive criticism has a chance to get noticed, mourning the past is futile.

Everything you mentioned was addressed fast and was easy to adopt without braking the game.
This time it will take months to fix everything and trust me no decent player is gonna put himself on a one year or more testing for any company or any game and therefore pay for it too.
With that in mind game is leading to a slow death.
Its no about mourning the past and by saying former glory i mean the strategic aspects of the game which now does not exist.
Adapting to a passive gameplay will also lead to an even more huge gap between good and random players.
After all we make the game and not the game us. With out us is just a grave sign.

And if you think this is only my idea here take a look...a picture is equal to a thousand words 
image.png.c5ef507a6a76914d62dd85f3468ba9

• Cool 7

[ADRIA]
Players
682 posts
13,528 battles

In my opinion there were 3 major points (topics) in that Q&A video:

1) GC nerf - which they talked like it was a balancing issue when in fact it isn't. It's more sale and marketing issue. It's not that they are nerfing GC it's how and when they are nerfing it (Xmas box bait and switch). Which was the topic they refused to talk about.

2) Balancing Cvs on live for several months - I said the moment they announced CV rework it feels rushed and completely unnecessary to implement it on live servers without extended testing on PTS. Plus they never listened to any of the more influential and experienced CV players.

3) YY nerf - this is my personal grudge with WG. A thing I will never forget or forgive. "Torps are too strong so we will nerf it's guns". It felt like that guy Sir_Nelson had zero knowledge and experience about the game he is "balancing"

I loved WOWS since the day I made the switch from WOT. It felt so refreshing, so rewarding, to play. I thought they had good game on their hands with great potential, only to see it slowly ruined by incompetence and greed. Shame really. It's almost as they have no love for what they are doing,  no love for the game and no respect for community.

• Cool 8

[CATS]
Players
18,984 posts
12,100 battles
32 minutes ago, Elias_D said:

Coming in someone else post to say something different from what is asked is just for provocation or from luck of understanding a question in plain English.

It gets even better...

Now different opinions are even considered provocations? You did not grow up in a democracy, did you?

@Understanding english

I think you meant "lack" and not "luck"

• Funny 1
  • Bad 3

[ICON]
Beta Tester
97 posts
23,842 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

It gets even better...

Now different opinions are even considered provocations? You did not grow up in a democracy, did you?

@Understanding english

I think you meant "lack" and not "luck"

As said you are out of the topic we are discussing here and incapable of understanding simple questions.
Democracy is here you can post anytime anything you want as long it is relevant to the question and your replies are totally irrelevant to what we are talking about in this post so it becomes provocative due to this. Democracy also means to respect the space of others and not abusing it like you do in so many posts.
Anyway you can keep up being funny for me it doesnt bother me at all i have great sense of humour without abusing others like you do.

• Cool 4

[CATS]
Players
18,984 posts
12,100 battles
1 minute ago, Elias_D said:

Anyway you can keep up being funny for me it doesnt bother me at all i have great sense of humour without abusing others like you do.

Right....

Claiming that people with a different opinion are paid by WG shows your respectful manners...

• Funny 2
  • Bad 3

[ICON]
Beta Tester
97 posts
23,842 battles
5 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Right....

Claiming that people with a different opinion are paid by WG shows your respectful manners...

I didnt claim anything i said "might" and was talking in general about 2,3 people.
If you feel you are one of them i am sure you have your reasons.
Thanks for keeping my post on top for others to see but really what you type is totally irrelevant to what people with different opinion than you is discussing so you become abusive.
You can keep up if you want because we have democracy and also you help my word to be spread to even more people but honestly being off topic is boring to something serious we discuss here and will only lead me to ignore you from now on.
Have a nice day

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
18,984 posts
12,100 battles
6 minutes ago, Elias_D said:

I didnt claim anything i said "might" and was talking in general about 2,3 people.
If you feel you are one of them i am sure you have your reasons.
Thanks for keeping my post on top for others to see but really what you type is totally irrelevant to what people with different opinion than you is discussing so you become abusive.
You can keep up if you want because we have democracy and also you help my word to be spread to even more people but honestly being off topic is boring to something serious we discuss here and will only lead me to ignore you from now on.
Have a nice day

If you want to play wordgames with me...

I did not say that I am one of them either...

• Bad 5

[ICON]
Beta Tester
97 posts
23,842 battles
31 minutes ago, quickr said:

In my opinion there were 3 major points (topics) in that Q&A video:

1) GC nerf - which they talked like it was a balancing issue when in fact it isn't. It's more sale and marketing issue. It's not that they are nerfing GC it's how and when they are nerfing it (Xmas box bait and switch). Which was the topic they refused to talk about.

2) Balancing Cvs on live for several months - I said the moment they announced CV rework it feels rushed and completely unnecessary to implement it on live servers without extended testing on PTS. Plus they never listened to any of the more influential and experienced CV players.

3) YY nerf - this is my personal grudge with WG. A thing I will never forget or forgive. "Torps are too strong so we will nerf it's guns". It felt like that guy Sir_Nelson had zero knowledge and experience about the game he is "balancing"

I loved WOWS since the day I made the switch from WOT. It felt so refreshing, so rewarding, to play. I thought they had good game on their hands with great potential, only to see it slowly ruined by incompetence and greed. Shame really. It's almost as they have no love for what they are doing,  no love for the game and no respect for community.

I totally agree mate.
A lot of people warned them about this "test".
Also Sir_Nelson showed clearly yesterday that he has no touch with game or the players base.
He might be good at numbers but a game is not only a mathematical chart but a living thing when we talk about pvp and talking about charts the results of the live server shows less people playing and people who are playing play less.
If that doesnt ring a bell on them i guess the solutions proposed so far and the stop of the incomes will wake them up soon.

• Cool 5

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts

I think they made a lot of sense......they may also be planning/balancing ahead of introduction of other systems in the "food chain" what gives us a distorted view on WG intentions with certain actions.

[ZPT]
Players
131 posts

I appeal to ignore ColonelPete, as he is obviously trolling the topic and doing his best to derail it :Smile_sceptic:!

He is well-known WG shill!

Here is a link that proves it:

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
18,984 posts
12,100 battles
1 hour ago, Jean_Bart said:

I appeal to ignore ColonelPete, as he is obviously trolling the topic and doing his best to derail it :Smile_sceptic:!

He is well-known WG shill!

Here is a link that proves it:

And when you lack arguments, you insult. Really mature.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1