Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Melonzz

Tier 8 Matchmaking - a mess?

8 comments in this topic

[EX-TH]
[EX-TH]
Players
2 posts
2,737 battles

With the coming of 0.8.0 I noticed that Tier 8 matchmaking has gone from bad to worse. You are constantly being uptiered to tier 10, 4 out of 5 matches. 

Wasn't 0.8.0 supposed to "fix" this issue? I am finding it really hard to motivate myself into playing tier 8 right now because of the constant tier 10 matches I'm being placed in. And no, I'm not talking about 2-3 tier 10 ships, I'm talking about 80% of the team being tier 10 and 2-3 unlucky bastards being tier 8 and almost no tier 9. 

Why is this happening? How hard is it to "FIX" this WG? I know Tier 8 was always a mess when it came to matchmaking because well...let's just say its not in WG's best interest for you to make it to tier 10 that fast...but come on...4 out of 5 matches being matched against ships against which you can't do much is just ridiculous. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
1,048 posts
8,226 battles

Just for starters: WE. HAVE. THIS. THREAD. EVERY. DAY! 

And I think you're wrong about tier 8s being useless against TX. Just plain wrong.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[501L]
Players
128 posts
2,976 battles
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

2th86w.jpg

Just that they way it works as intended IS a mess...

I mean great fun being the only tier 8 on my team in an otherwise fully tier 10 game >.>

• Boring 2

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts

Just said it in another topic : Bismarck was attacked by redicuous antiquated Swordfish biplanes, but shot none of them down. In this game the Swordfish would ( and possible will ) become a fireball doing the same.

That is how well balanced things are.....

I cannot remember reading the Yamato's AA being any more effective against it's attackers, though those were several hundred.....

Players
6,911 posts
8,784 battles
4 minutes ago, DrMechano said:

Just that they way it works as intended IS a mess...

I mean great fun being the only tier 8 on my team in an otherwise fully tier 10 game >.>

Which can be nice incentive to free exp or at least premium acc your way through for T10 and then either keep premium account, purchase premium paint or git gud with your new tier 10 boat:cap_book:

[501L]
Players
128 posts
2,976 battles
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

Which can be nice incentive to free exp or at least premium acc your way through for T10 and then either keep premium account, purchase premium paint or git gud with your new tier 10 boat:cap_book:

Jesus man, keep that sarcasm in check, my sarcasm detector just blew up and nearly killed my cat :fish_glass:

[SHAD]
Players
643 posts
38 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Just said it in another topic : Bismarck was attacked by redicuous antiquated Swordfish biplanes, but shot none of them down. In this game the Swordfish would ( and possible will ) become a fireball doing the same.

That is how well balanced things are.....

I cannot remember reading the Yamato's AA being any more effective against it's attackers, though those were several hundred.....

That's true but as CV's are no longer charged with defending their team mates in this rework AA had to be buffed.

The alternative  would be the surface ships just waiting to be bombed into non-existence. 

Sign in to follow this