You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Saltface

Kronshtadt

16 comments in this topic

[PN]
Players
257 posts
3,109 battles

Dear All,

I tried my luck in Ranked. The only two T9 Cruisers in my Port were the Roon and the Kronshtadt.

I did not feel well with Musashi and Misouri that also sat in my Port. I wanted to go to ranked with a Cruiser. Maybe I am wrong here because it seems that if you sit back and farm points with those two BBs you might save a star or two. But I don't care so much about the stars at the moment. I wanted more the experience of the game.

I went through the literature available on the forum and I ended up picking the Kronshtadt. 

She is quite interesting. And for those of you that know the author of the present from previous posts it seems that she suits the playstyle better than the other vessels.

Setup

329828333_kronupgrades.png.f224641826e464d56d0d45f030cb6c01.png

Commander

615134688_kroncapt.thumb.png.f3cedd9a2d11bd455979a856e5f91e82.png

Hypothesis

If I take in Slot 6 Main Battery Modification 3 I will enjoy -12% Reload Time and my traverse speed will be slower by 13%.

Doing the math it comes out that slow traverse speed is mitigated by using my two Commander Points available for Expert Marksman Skill.

Also I lose in range. From 21.1 Km of the current setup it will go down to 18.19 Km as you will lose the benefit of the Gun Fire Control System Modification 2 in Slot 6 that is 16% additional range.

The Numbers

Traverse Speed

180o rotation needs 35.3 sec. This translates to 5.10/sec (5.0990/sec rounded to first decimal)

Slower traverse speed by 13% is equivalent to 5.10/sec * 0.87 = 4.4470/sec

Adding 0.70/sec results to Traverse Speed = 5.1470/sec which is at least in numbers marginally better.

Reload Time

Reload Time is 18.5 sec. Reducing it by 12% yields 18.5 sec * 0.88 = 16.28 sec

Add any effect of Adrenaline Rush Skill and you can send down the alley 4 salvos a minute.

Main Battery Firing Range

Range 21.1 Km / 1.16 =  18.19 Km which is 2.91 Km less range. 

Concealed First Salvo

Detectability with Concealment System Modification 1 in Slot 5 Upgrade and Concealment Skill is 12.7 Km.

This translates to 18.19 Km Firing Range - 12.7 Km Detectability Range = 5.49 Km that you can prepare your shot while being undetected in contrast to 8.4 Km of shooting a concealed first shot if I don't change the setup.

Question

Is it worth it?

Thanking you all in advance

Regards,

Saltface

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
840 posts
7,395 battles

Go for reload, 18 knlms of range is enough even for random, especially in ranked where the action is packed in the middle  of the map ( where ypu should stay).

To really shine the kronstad need a 16 pt commander ( expert marksman and fire prevention/rpf)

• Cool 3

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
91 posts
3,142 battles

Personally I prefer Main Battery Modification 3. Why?

• The guns are fairly inaccurate even at "stock" maximum range. Even with ambush shot the vertical dispersion will fail you more often than not.
  • Radar is a very powerful weapon, especially in current ranked mode. You have to get closer to use it.

As a side note - I would probably take Expert Marksman over Adrenaline Rush just for the quality of life improvement.

• Cool 1

Players
845 posts
8,520 battles
17 minutes ago, Dehtre said:

As a side note - I would probably take Expert Marksman over Adrenaline Rush just for the quality of life improvement.

How does EM improve quality of life over AR? Any improvement to your damage output is worth it imo. Having a 14-15s reload after taking some damage can mean 5 to 6 extra salvos over the course of the battle. 

• Cool 1

[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,640 battles
1 hour ago, GarrusBrutus said:

How does EM improve quality of life over AR? Any improvement to your damage output is worth it imo. Having a 14-15s reload after taking some damage can mean 5 to 6 extra salvos over the course of the battle. 

Well, it depends on the situation. Of course, AR is a great skill and being able to shot earlier could save you. However, there are situations where EM could be more important in order to allow your guns to keep with the ship you are aiming or to change objectives quickly If, for example, a DD or a Radar Cruiser is spotted by a teammate. So at the end of the day, whatever suits you best. I think that Kronshtadt needs both and it's up yourself to choose which one pick first.

[NWP]
Players
4,359 posts
6,234 battles

Personaly i took also Expert Loader - since the AP got changed and only deals overpen damage on DDs, i feel that its necessary to switch fast enough.

Beta Tester
2,144 posts
2,329 battles

Congratulations, and welcome to Ranked Battles, Captain @Saltface! How do you do in Arms Race? :Smile_honoring:

I recently managed to save up on enough steel to get the coveted USS Black from the Arsenal. I kinda suck at at high tier battleship gunnery, and so I thought myself too much of a team liability if I entered the lists in my Missouri. But in a nimble destroyer, I have no such compunctions - and boy, did I have blast! With five consecutive wins, I managed to sneak, shoot and torp myself down to rank 13, netting myself a new flag and whole bunch of signals in the process! What a rush! To be sure, I'd say it was probably mostly down to my estimable team mates, but I think I can claim to have at least pulled my own weight - not that the USS Black has all that much displacement to begin with! :Smile_teethhappy:

But enough of me. How have you been doing, as of late? What are your thoughts on the Krohnshtadt? I must say, I'm rather leaning toward the upcoming Alaska, myself...!

Players
3,027 posts
7,137 battles
1 hour ago, Procrastes said:

Congratulations, and welcome to Ranked Battles, Captain @Saltface! How do you do in Arms Race? :Smile_honoring:

I recently managed to save up on enough steel to get the coveted USS Black from the Arsenal. I kinda suck at at high tier battleship gunnery, and so I thought myself too much of a team liability if I entered the lists in my Missouri. But in a nimble destroyer, I have no such compunctions - and boy, did I have blast! With five consecutive wins, I managed to sneak, shoot and torp myself down to rank 13, netting myself a new flag and whole bunch of signals in the process! What a rush! To be sure, I'd say it was probably mostly down to my estimable team mates, but I think I can claim to have at least pulled my own weight - not that the USS Black has all that much displacement to begin with! :Smile_teethhappy:

But enough of me. How have you been doing, as of late? What are your thoughts on the Krohnshtadt? I must say, I'm rather leaning toward the upcoming Alaska, myself...!

Black is definitely a fun ship to play :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[PN]
Players
257 posts
3,109 battles

Dear @Procrastes

2 hours ago, Procrastes said:

How do you do in Arms Race?

I just lost a star going from 12 to 11. 

41 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

What are your thoughts on the Krohnshtadt?

Well, I m learning her. She is a demanding lady. LOL. I managed to go shy of 100K in one battle in Ranked. And I managed an average of 45K. She can do a lot better. But ranked is a special case. And she is cut for T9 Ranked. In Random, I only pray that Mr. CV doesn't decide to sink me. LOL She has mediocre AA and she doesn't turn. If Mr. CV comes with his torp wall, I say good bye to my team mates (if I can type fast enough)

and sit back to watch the battle.

2 hours ago, Procrastes said:

a new flag

I kind of like this flag but it seems we keep it as long as the Ranked Season is on. 

Warm Regards,

Saltface

P.S. Alaska, is she going to be on sale for money, gold or steel? If it is steel I can't.

[KAKE]
Players
1,040 posts
3,365 battles
1 minute ago, Saltface said:

P.S. Alaska, is she going to be on sale for money, gold or steel? If it is steel I can't.

1 mill free exp (and one credit)

• Cool 1

[SEN]
Players
230 posts
7,231 battles

When it come to cruisers, I found (in Ranked) Seattle a much better choice then old Kron;

First of all, she is much, much more nimble;

Second, the DPS its so much better, and that combined with the ability to lob shells over cover ( unlike Kron, a slow - fire ship, with flat trajectory...) prove to be a deadly combination against dds.

The fact she can use the radar AND hydro on the same time give her an decisive upper-hand over Kron when it come to deal with dds. Usually, you can use them in alternate mode (with Premium) so when one run out and enter cool-down, other its almost ready for use. That its great of hunting down dds - and I found , as an fact, in games with 2-3 dds, the team who loose first the dds its the team who later loose the game.

Each time I take Seattle, I manage to punish the enemy dd.s and add an great advantage to my team. In mid-later stages, with opponent dd.s out, our bbs could behave more aggressive, if our dds survive.

Usually, like we all noticed, bbs stay at range, snipping each-other, and dd.s cap & try to flank. If your dds are alive and opponent dds are out, the enemy bbs are always threatened.

I really enjoyed Seattle, for all this reasons, its a fun ship and, unlike Kron, its a much much better dd hunter. Kron have not enough RoF to really punish an T9 dd even if catch him with the radar. The accuracy its meh, for a cruiser, and simply you do not have enough time to throw enough shells at an running & maneuvering dd "illuminated" by radar, except a lucky shot. On the other hand, Seattle will land 3-4 x more shells, and you can push ahead after dd without fear since you have the hydro also to protect you from incoming torps, a feature Kron cant do if she use the radar. 

I own the Kron, but I think, as a whole, Seattle its a much better addition for the team. Add also the benefit of a much stealthy profile, an worthy argument in a game mod without cv.

She give me up to rank 10, where I stopped, since I play alone, ( my clan its only 3 guys, all old like me, with just few hours / week of common time) and from there, 10 rank and up,  become harder vs teams with multiple clan members.

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
840 posts
7,395 battles
9 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Buffalo ia even better, shell are sliglty faster because they are havier and don't  lose so much speed, you have a longer radar, you termonuke every cruiser that decided to fire all his guns at you at less than 12 kms and you can bowtank the french bbs all day thanks to your  27mm plating

[SEN]
Players
230 posts
7,231 battles
8 minutes ago, Flavio1997 said:

Buffalo ia even better, shell are sliglty faster because they are havier and don't  lose so much speed, you have a longer radar, you termonuke every cruiser that decided to fire all his guns at you at less than 12 kms and you can bowtank the french bbs all day thanks to your  27mm plating

But Buffi its slow like an bb,  you feel like in a bb not a cruiser,  and again, his RoF its crap when you need 2 hunt a dd, the shells are so slow you are unable to fast kill a T9 dd usually...

Beta Tester
2,144 posts
2,329 battles
44 minutes ago, Saltface said:

Dear @Procrastes

I just lost a star going from 12 to 11. 

Well, I m learning her. She is a demanding lady. LOL. I managed to go shy of 100K in one battle in Ranked. And I managed an average of 45K. She can do a lot better. But ranked is a special case. And she is cut for T9 Ranked. In Random, I only pray that Mr. CV doesn't decide to sink me. LOL She has mediocre AA and she doesn't turn. If Mr. CV comes with his torp wall, I say good bye to my team mates (if I can type fast enough)

and sit back to watch the battle.

I kind of like this flag but it seems we keep it as long as the Ranked Season is on. 

Warm Regards,

Saltface

Well fought, Sir!

I am currently at tier 14, having lost two battles in row. Alas, the fickle Gods of the Sea, and all that.

The flag is not a keeper? Seeing as it gives an actual in-game bonus, I can see how that would make sense. Good to know, though, or I might have started rummaging about my virtual drawers upon suddenly not finding it...!

I believe the fair Alaska - when she appears - will be yours for the handsome price of one million free xp. Quite a dowry, eh?

Best regards,

Procrastes

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
840 posts
7,395 battles
1 hour ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

But Buffi its slow like an bb,  you feel like in a bb not a cruiser,  and again, his RoF its crap when you need 2 hunt a dd, the shells are so slow you are unable to fast kill a T9 dd usually...

it's as fast as the seattle, is a bit more lumbering, that is true. Rof is not as good as seattle, but you have way more alpha and module damage potential, and also the shells are faster than seattle, you have more armour and you can punish enemies with your super heavy ap

[SEN]
Players
230 posts
7,231 battles

Alpha values are less important  when you have an 30 sec window to kill an dd,  and simply Seattle will drop twice more shells on the target on that window; The shell velocity its not big deal also, its only 11 m/s difference between them (823 vs 812) its almost unnoticeable. Its far easy to hit an dd making evasive maneuvers with guns who fire at 5 sec then with guns at 11 sec, that.s a fact. 

Both of them have guns high arcs, but Seattle simply can saturate an target much better before that target gets out of reach.

If I need to hunt down a dd, I will take always an Seattle, not the Buffy, hell even Kron its better then Buffy at hunting dds !