You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kenliero

0.8.0.2 Hotfix is here

190 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
2,476 posts
7,916 battles

So what do you guys think?

Is it better? Feel free to write about your impressions about the changes.

So far I've done only one battle in it, and it was totally crazy battle in coop, just to get the feeling of it. Have to test actual AA more in random battles.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Beta Tester
4,528 posts
9,851 battles

So still unappealing gameplay. If I wanted to play 3 DDs I'd get into a 3 DD division :Smile_child:

• Cool 1

Players
1,077 posts
8,084 battles

Just did a T8 game in a Ranger. 

It feels .... OK. The T8 AA is still really powerful,  but now you don't feel completely helpless. Probably the best point we've been so far.

• Cool 1

Players
183 posts
11,672 battles
16 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

So what do you guys think?

Is it better? Feel free to write about your impressions about the changes.

So far I've done only one battle in it, and it was totally crazy battle in coop, just to get the feeling of it. Have to test actual AA more in random battles.

LOL I like it there that you keep saying "breaking breaking breaking... breaking breaking" :)

• Funny 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,629 posts
14,610 battles

A quick hop into my Ranger confirmed that CV gameplay is still unappealing and I'd rather play anything else including Krispy Kreme in T7. And I played a coop game.

Attacking with only a few planes, while the rest of the squadron gets eaten by AA, is out there with ideas like releasing OP premiums against the advice of testers.

• Cool 6

[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
917 posts
6,248 battles

Some boats have extremely powerful flak bursts.

A lot of BB`s still do not seek powerful AA boats to ride along with them, just adjusting the barrels and firing - Not taking care of their surroundings.

Then a lot of whining and misery chat comes from the coral reef.

[-MMI-]
Players
4 posts
13,698 battles

where is the correction I'm curious ????? AA keeps shooting at my planes with AOE flack !!! but another question this correction nerf hakuryu and numbers to the squadron ??? 12 to 9 or I see wrong on the official website? !! wargaming block free respec captain without announcing and seriusly I did not see anything to change yesterday !! ?? is a joke ???? !! if you keep making these mistakes the game goes' to get fucked together with all the players move and fix things !!! people are going to other shores !!!!

• Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,206 battles

Before everyone starts optimistically cheering "yay AA is fixed t6 CVs are far better now" without actually knowing what changed...

Going by what LWM posted on NA forums this hotfix is an AA BUFF not a nerf

Full post at:

Flak:

Tier 5, 6 and 7 got dmg increase (slightly at t5, significantly at t6 and holy :etc_swear: what the :etc_swear: at tier 7)

Tier 8 and 9 dmg was slightly reduced

They are much more in line now, but that has increased their efficiency

Continuous dps:

General light touches (patchnotes list it as "within 5%"), tiers 5 to 7 generally slightly upwards, tiers 8+ generally slightly downwards

While the same trend is shared everywhere she uses RN BBs as an example

a8eq0ff.png

hIY96XI.gif

So no, your Rangers are not better now :cap_tea:

• Cool 18

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,206 battles
17 minutes ago, TZUNAMI_1 said:

where is the fix i'm curious????? AA continue to one shot my airplanes with flack AOE!!!

You want fix for that? Google "wasd.exe"

Ironically enough 1st link I got was WoWS...

19 minutes ago, TZUNAMI_1 said:

wargaming block free captain respec without announcent

The end date was published a long time ago, and there were multiple reminders :fish_palm:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
1,077 posts
8,084 battles
4 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

God stuff, thanks for linking.

But see, I'm not sure this is not the right direction to go. When top tier the T5-T6 AA felt frankly a bit weak to me. 

The Ranger to me didn't need to get "better" in general -- it just needed to not be so utterly ****ed in T8 games in particular.

So that more gradual AA curve seems a step in the right direction. If the AA is too across the board, you can always then tune global AA levels or plane health.

Players
1,921 posts
9,602 battles
14 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Nah. Mid-Tier AA flak burst damage has been put back to where it should have been before they messed it up in 0.8.1, and the graph trends now appear to make sense in a way that they can balance the CV planes around. It probably won't be too much fun playing a T6 carrier until the next hotfix, though.

[ORSA]
Players
290 posts
4,230 battles

The game is so much better after hotfix for the hotfix. Just a few comments from my side.

- Nerf to Minotaur AA is just unreal! 0.01 % (zero point zero one percent) WG, really, now it is completely useless. Before the hotfix for the hotfix it could obliterate the whole squadron in seconds, and now it takes 0.01 second longer. That is just BS, please revert that back

- Haku is still OP. 40 knots for the torps? Are you insane, only DDs can outrun that. That must be reduced to 25ish, so BBs  also have the option to outrun it. It seems balanced only against cruisers, as they will blast them out of the sky before they make a drop anyway (as it should). Arming distance needs to be slightly increased, and detection range slightly adjusted.

- AA Aura is the best thing ever. Secondaries should work in the same way, maybe even primary guns. No need to aim, just make an aura that an enemy vessel takes damage when they are in range. this could be further increased with premium doublone only flags.

All in all, you are on the right track guys, keep them coming. And please, more loot boxes and OP premium vessels, we need those today more than ever.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7

[AAO]
Players
2,251 posts
10,991 battles
Just now, B051LjKo said:

Nerf to Minotaur AA is just unreal! 0.01 %

wasn't it 0.02% ? :Smile-_tongue:

[BGBRD]
Players
322 posts
9,730 battles

Looks like 0.8.0.3 is on the horizon... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[DREAD]
Players
7,523 posts
5,766 battles
51 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Before everyone starts optimistically cheering "yay AA is fixed t6 CVs are far better now" without actually knowing what changed...

Full post at:

Flak:

Tier 5, 6 and 7 got dmg (slightly at t5, significantly at t6 and holy :etc_swear: what the :etc_swear: at tier 7)

Continuous dps:

General light touches (patchnotes list it as "within 5%"), tiers 5 to 7 generally slightly upwards, tiers 8+ generally slightly downwards

a8eq0ff.png

hIY96XI.gif

Hmm did a couple of T6 and T8 games. Even if MM was really gentle I couldn’t say that AA looks much worse. 

Still too tough 

[ORSA]
Players
290 posts
4,230 battles
26 minutes ago, OTECa1 said:

Looks like 0.8.0.3 is on the horizon... :Smile_trollface:

Naaah, no need. I think this is the sweet spot. Like tetris, the game is tuned to perfection that all other improvements will only spoil it. What the devs should focus on is the loot boxes. I am having so much fun with them. It is just pure awesomeness. No need to worry about anything, just use your credit card and keep looking at those fantastic flags and cammos.

The best ones are ingame containers, just brilliant. I always try my luck, never get a supercontainer. So much fun. Even when it comes, by accident, I am lucky with flags in it!

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,206 battles
18 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Hmm did a couple of T6 and T8 games. Even if MM was really gentle I couldn’t say that AA looks much worse. 

Still too tough 

If you're able to dodge flak more or less nothing will have changed for you, the dps changes are too small to be super noticeable (and yet small tweaks can matter a lot for balance)

Those who don't avoid flak will be punished as much as 3x more

• Cool 1

[ORSA]
Players
290 posts
4,230 battles
17 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

If you're able to dodge flak more or less nothing will have changed for you, the dps changes are too small to be super noticeable (and yet small tweaks can matter a lot for balance)

Those who don't avoid flak will be punished as much as 3x more

Yes, you are correct. Before the hotfix hotfix, if you were not avoiding flak, you were more or less guarantied to lose the whole squadron in seconds. Now after the hotfix hotfix, there are 3x more of a chance to lose the squadron in seconds if you're not avoiding the flak.

Small things make the huge balance effect. Take a look at Minotaur and how useless he has become with a tweak. 

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,551 posts
10,440 battles

Hi all,

1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Full post at:

Flak:

Tier 5, 6 and 7 got dmg increase (slightly at t5, significantly at t6 and holy :etc_swear: what the :etc_swear: at tier 7)

Continuous dps:

a8eq0ff.png

hIY96XI.gif

Many thanks for most excellent info! :Smile_honoring:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

[ITA_C]
Players
303 posts
8,353 battles
1 hour ago, B051LjKo said:

The game is so much better after hotfix for the hotfix. Just a few comments from my side.

- Nerf to Minotaur AA is just unreal! 0.01 % (zero point zero one percent) WG, really, now it is completely useless. Before the hotfix for the hotfix it could obliterate the whole squadron in seconds, and now it takes 0.01 second longer. That is just BS, please revert that back

- Haku is still OP. 40 knots for the torps? Are you insane, only DDs can outrun that. That must be reduced to 25ish, so BBs  also have the option to outrun it. It seems balanced only against cruisers, as they will blast them out of the sky before they make a drop anyway (as it should). Arming distance needs to be slightly increased, and detection range slightly adjusted.

- AA Aura is the best thing ever. Secondaries should work in the same way, maybe even primary guns. No need to aim, just make an aura that an enemy vessel takes damage when they are in range. this could be further increased with premium doublone only flags.

All in all, you are on the right track guys, keep them coming. And please, more loot boxes and OP premium vessels, we need those today more than ever.

I do not know if i should laught or cry

How miserable is now my beloved hakuryu who the hell will want to grind the line to then feel so miserable i was hoping that after the 8.0.1 week they would had reconize their mistakes but no they go straight towards the cliff at full speed

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,206 battles
6 minutes ago, B051LjKo said:

Take a look at Minotaur and how useless he has become with a tweak. 

You mean one of if not the best AA ship in the game right now?

Players
6,911 posts
8,783 battles
8 minutes ago, Torped1ne said:

I do not know if i should laught or cry

How miserable is now my beloved hakuryu who the hell will want to grind the line to then feel so miserable i was hoping that after the 8.0.1 week they would had reconize their mistakes but no they go straight towards the cliff at full speed

Or notice, there are two more squadron types than TB:Smile_popcorn:

1 minute ago, wilkatis_LV said:

You mean one of if not the best AA ship in the game right now?

Yep, that nerf to mid range completely butchered the ship, as it deals 1480dps instead 1492dps with AA flag and BFT only:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[ITA_C]
Players
303 posts
8,353 battles
5 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Or notice, there are two more squadron types than TB:Smile_popcorn:

Of course roketers who are less powerfull than usn ones and dive bombers who are good only ws lonely. Ship who don't know what wasd is about

Also torpedos are needed for dot damage  the fire chance of jpn rokets is too low to relay on that

Also torpedos are the national flavour of japan

Let's say it straight this rework is crap

Players
6,911 posts
8,783 battles
2 minutes ago, Torped1ne said:

Of course roketers who are less powerfull than usn ones and dive bombers who are good only ws lonely. Ship who don't know what wasd is about

And yet IJN rockets are more accurate, so you can put more of them on target. AP divebombers can 2shot cruisers with some practice and deal unrepairable citadel damage. USN HE bombs are easier to deal damage with + random fire (and frankly excel against DD) but then that damage is repairable.