You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Flafy85

CV's Balance Solution WG STAFF pls READ

25 comments in this topic

[KMV]
Players
13 posts
3,996 battles

First I aplogize for my eng. skills.

Here is my idea how to balance CV's, and especially VS DD's problem.

1. Rocket planes need to have lower spoting range and DD can have fixed 2KM detectability from air.  This will fix 2 problems. First the DD's will be harder to spot and rocket planes when spot DD will need to made whole circle and press attack on blind and then aproach to attack DD. This will increase skill needed to attack DD. Also, rocket planes would not be so OP at spoting at the start of the game.

2. Planes should have difrent armor. Attack planes(rocket) should be Paper tin armored fast attacking with lower armor. DD's will than have a chance to shoot them down. Bombers should be heavily armored so they can actualy spot DD's at a cost of DPM and Torpedo should be medium armored planes with medium speed. This will open much more way to play the game. If u wana spot DD's and other surface ships u would need to play Bombers for spoting, but then u secrifice DPM. Also, if u choose to spot DD with bombers its a lower chance if u attack him to actualy deal him some dmg. Now u have eaven more skill involved in gameplay and DD's can actualy play a bit relaxed. If u choose to stick too long arround DD with rocket planes, u will be paying a price, if u stick with bombers u will help spoting DD but also paying the price in DPM.

3. Ships who is in SMOKE like DD's or Minotaur need to have 50% lower AA precision if they are in smoke + 30% lower range.. They cant hide from enemy and still have strong AA capabilities.

I have some few more ideas, but I hope this will give some idea how to balance CV vs DD and some smoke ships vs planes.

Once again sorry for my bad eng. skills.

Cya at the battlefield.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
1 hour ago, Flafy85 said:

Planes should have difrent armor.

300px-AntonovA40.jpg

Planes don't really have armour, even the ones regarded as "heavily armoured"

Just look at B-17, that's all you get:

b17_43.jpg

Different plane survivability is modeled by different HP pools on them

• Funny 1

[KMV]
Players
13 posts
3,996 battles

I understud that, they can increase HP or ajust it... Simple.. But still I think idea is good for balacing CV vs DD and Bombers plane cana ctualy do more than 1 run on BB in Ter IX or X

[BACON]
Beta Tester
11 posts
4,338 battles

Those are some good points on plane survivability and smoke AA. Certainly worth considering.

I have a post about changing air visibility for destroyers. I am not sure 2 km visibility is low enough, since a rocket attack, if done correctly, needs almost no spotting time. My way to rocket kill DDs is described in my post.

I love seeing new ways to balance the issues with carriers brought up. There are so many other possibilities than "REMOVE CVs!", "RAISE AA!!", "LOWER AA!!!!", "REMOVE DDs!", "REEEEEEEEE!!!"

It is an entirely new meta, and creativity is most welcome.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
811 posts
18,773 battles

You forgot fighters. I wouldnt spend time over you unless i attack you. Gonna just plant a fighter over you and attack your team instead.

[KMV]
Players
13 posts
3,996 battles

Well, fighters are low HP and useless more or less... They do not have any tactical adventage at this stage... 

Players
3,702 posts
7,346 battles

Good stuff although I still think CV are at a fundamental level unbalanceable, as pure damage dealers to be fun to play they need to do a lot of damage but as a low risk class that's always going to be unfair on other classes.

[KMV]
Players
13 posts
3,996 battles
2 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

Good stuff although I still think CV are at a fundamental level unbalanceable, as pure damage dealers to be fun to play they need to do a lot of damage but as a low risk class that's always going to be unfair on other classes.

Well CV's was main forces of WWII and they must be in game for sure... They should give more XP and Credits for a spoting dmg.. So CV can have rolle for Supporting team... They can reduce DMG of torpedo for 10-15%... But I think they are fine.. They just need to balance how they impact DD gameplay... So I think my idea is fair.. its ruf but can be worked with... 

Players
3,702 posts
7,346 battles
Just now, Flafy85 said:

Well CV's was main forces of WWII and they must be in game for sure

In the Pacific from 1942 onwards yes, but there were plenty of battles that didn't involve CV.

Ideally they should be in the game, but if it's impossible to implement them in any kind of fair and balanced way perhaps we should pretend we're in one of the battles that didn't involve them, which isn't unreasonable because the battles that did involve them were almost always fought at distances well beyond naval gunfire.

• Cool 1

[KMV]
Players
13 posts
3,996 battles
27 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

In the Pacific from 1942 onwards yes, but there were plenty of battles that didn't involve CV.

Ideally they should be in the game, but if it's impossible to implement them in any kind of fair and balanced way perhaps we should pretend we're in one of the battles that didn't involve them, which isn't unreasonable because the battles that did involve them were almost always fought at distances well beyond naval gunfire.

Also a truth but... This is a game and CV rework is done.. now we need to look how to adapt and ajust... Thats why I said about rocet planes.. DD's have to have a bit more freedom to be stealth its they main power... But CV's are now best protection for BB's who ar eleft behind Crusers... Before this BB had 0% chance 1v1 with DD... Now CV cana ctualy help and protect BB... I think CV need to have more support rolle than DMG rolle.. 

Players
777 posts
4,778 battles

In this game rocket fighters help/assist DD to cap and fight off enemy DD , but the player base is too - i don't know what exactly - to figure that out.

All you need to do is ask "support me" and some (AA) cruiser of CV with rocket planes might well respond. And you will be succesful, instead of fail miserably on your own.

• Cool 2

Players
3,031 posts
7,137 battles
2 hours ago, Skydeskiven said:

Those are some good points on plane survivability and smoke AA. Certainly worth considering.

I have a post about changing air visibility for destroyers. I am not sure 2 km visibility is low enough, since a rocket attack, if done correctly, needs almost no spotting time. My way to rocket kill DDs is described in my post.

I love seeing new ways to balance the issues with carriers brought up. There are so many other possibilities than "REMOVE CVs!", "RAISE AA!!", "LOWER AA!!!!", "REMOVE DDs!", "REEEEEEEEE!!!"

It is an entirely new meta, and creativity is most welcome.

What does REEEEEEEEEE mean anyway?

• Cool 1

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,342 posts
4,206 battles
1 hour ago, NothingButTheRain said:

What does REEEEEEEEEE mean anyway?

This:

Play this at your own peril.

• Cool 1

Players
77 posts
10,222 battles

i still believe CV's need to have some kind of damage cap (limited ammunition) your CV can do a maximum alpha ect, balance like that so WG can explore CV's and might get to see some funky CV's in the future, yeah i said it limit the ammunition, oh and put the aircraft damage into the actual damage counter so a CV vs CV dog fight with fighters can be there main bread and butter :P

[KMV]
Players
13 posts
3,996 battles
1 hour ago, The_fun_police said:

i still believe CV's need to have some kind of damage cap (limited ammunition) your CV can do a maximum alpha ect, balance like that so WG can explore CV's and might get to see some funky CV's in the future, yeah i said it limit the ammunition, oh and put the aircraft damage into the actual damage counter so a CV vs CV dog fight with fighters can be there main bread and butter :P

Well.. They do have limited ammo.. If u take down planes he is limited for sure... 

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,342 posts
4,206 battles
4 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I clicked before reading the warning.

REEEEEEeeeeeeeeee.........

Purely for educational purposes, I have found a live action video of the REEEE, refer roughly to the time 1:30.

Spoiler

Players
77 posts
10,222 battles
3 hours ago, Flafy85 said:

Well.. They do have limited ammo.. If u take down planes he is limited for sure... 

the idea i had, i kind of makes gets better the more u think about it, everything is there from balance to tactics :P 

[SQRL]
Players
136 posts
11,062 battles

Played my first random game since the latest hotfix, tier 4 DD, just to dip my toe in - two CVs per side. And it's still an absolute disaster for DDs. 

Can't carry, can't push, totally reliant on team - and the team stays still,  then backwards. Within 1 minute - guaranteed loss

Back to ranked for me, and then i'll stop playing the game for now. Encouraging CV players by screwing over a good percentage of DD players - great strategy....

Players
3,031 posts
7,137 battles
2 hours ago, Blixies said:

Purely for educational purposes, I have found a live action video of the REEEE, refer roughly to the time 1:30.

Hide contents

Mischievous kid gets cought doing something with parked cars? Then gets all dominant rooster because he can't accept not being the dominant person?

Then gets slammed to the ground and starts the REEEEE bit because he can NOT accept this reality? The REEEEE is due to cognitive dissonance, this kid is disturbingly defective. It even starts an ego salvage operation as admitting he is wrong is simply non-negotiable by this

I can see where this meme now comes from, thanks.

[BGBRD]
Players
319 posts
9,576 battles
9 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Encouraging CV players by screwing over a good percentage of DD players - great strategy....

Because "learning" and "adapting" are words that don't exist in the dictionary of an average DD player... 

9 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Played my first random game since the latest hotfix, tier 4 DD, just to dip my toe in - two CVs per side. And it's still an absolute disaster for DDs. 

Can't carry, can't push, totally reliant on team - and the team stays still,  then backwards. Within 1 minute - guaranteed loss

So basically there ware two CVs against the enemy DDs as well... but they've won? They've pushed? They ware reliant on team? ... 

[SCRUB]
Players
2,458 posts
7,854 battles

I don't see how "not seeing DD" brings more skill for CV play. To me it sounds like it brings more random luck, if you have to attack just by guessing where the DD is, since you have zero clues to actually predict it.

I understand that you probably think that "try to think like a DD and predict his moves based on that", and that is what I was also thinking first, but to be honest, that doesn't really work in this situation as DD could go randomly to any direction in the open waters...

[KMV]
Players
13 posts
3,996 battles
36 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

I don't see how "not seeing DD" brings more skill for CV play. To me it sounds like it brings more random luck, if you have to attack just by guessing where the DD is, since you have zero clues to actually predict it.

I understand that you probably think that "try to think like a DD and predict his moves based on that", and that is what I was also thinking first, but to be honest, that doesn't really work in this situation as DD could go randomly to any direction in the open waters...

No what I ment is, when u spot DD its allrdy too late to start charging attack, so U must do full circle and start again chargin on BLIND... as u do now in some cases... But 2KM for DD is ok.. they are stealth class...SO Thye need to balance DD stealth and CV ability to spot.

[NFURS]
Beta Tester
64 posts
5,164 battles

I don’t think that nerfing every other class into oblivion will be any good for the game just because DD’s never learned how to teamplay... CV’s seems to be fine in their current state with some small tweaks to be done here and there. 

• Cool 1