Jump to content
Ronchabale

Ashitaka and its uses in carrier meta

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
419 posts
5,672 battles

Ashitaka tier 7 BB AA rating 20 

Liability to my team ?

Joining a battle in it result could result in -5 of karma ?

Dare I use it ever again ?

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
18,877 posts
12,052 battles

Carrier meta? Are you for real?

You can get in any ship -23 Karma, it is just very unlikely.

I do not see any problem using her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
7,523 posts
5,755 battles
22 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

Ashitaka tier 7 BB AA rating 20 

Liability to my team ?

Joining a battle in it result could result in -5 of karma ?

Dare I use it ever again ?

 

Ashitaka is an awesome ship with excellent firepower. However - as one can clearly see - she is in her 1920s outfit so she is not an AA monster. 

 

Complaining about a ship from the 1920s not having Gatling guns and laser defence. Oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
419 posts
5,672 battles
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Carrier meta? Are you for real?

You can get in any ship -23 Karma, it is just very unlikely.

I do not see any problem using her.

Taking a pocketknife to a gunfight..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
419 posts
5,672 battles
24 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

 

Ashitaka is an awesome ship with excellent firepower. However - as one can clearly see - she is in her 1920s outfit so she is not an AA monster. 

 

Complaining about a ship from the 1920s not having Gatling guns and laser defence. Oh well.

Being a tier 7 she will see tier 8 CV:s 

She has 239 continuous up tp 1.9

No mid range

1 puff (840) and  22 continuous 1.9 - 5.2

 

But that wasn´t the question,  also i never complained that she didnt have laser gatling  AA guns

Let me rephrase the question...

Is taking a capital ship with literally no AA into a battle a liability to the team effort ? Yes or No

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
18,877 posts
12,052 battles
21 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

Taking a pocketknife to a gunfight..

 

If 410mm are pocketknifes, I wonder what you consider a Rifle? Schwerer Gustav?

 

14 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

..

Is taking a capital ship with literally no AA into a battle a liability to the team effort ? Yes or No

No.

Almost no BB is safe vs planes. Just position yourself appropriately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,634 posts
5,972 battles
35 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

Being a tier 7 she will see tier 8 CV:s 

She has 239 continuous up tp 1.9

No mid range

1 puff (840) and  22 continuous 1.9 - 5.2

 

But that wasn´t the question,  also i never complained that she didnt have laser gatling  AA guns

Let me rephrase the question...

Is taking a capital ship with literally no AA into a battle a liability to the team effort ? Yes or No

no, find your niche and fill it. dont expect to do everything

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
7,523 posts
5,755 battles
39 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

Being a tier 7 she will see tier 8 CV:s 

She has 239 continuous up tp 1.9

No mid range

1 puff (840) and  22 continuous 1.9 - 5.2

 

But that wasn´t the question,  also i never complained that she didnt have laser gatling  AA guns

Let me rephrase the question...

Is taking a capital ship with literally no AA into a battle a liability to the team effort ? Yes or No

 

Yes you can take this ship into battle, all cruisers there have very strong AA. And you have the punch from 10 (!) 41cm Type 91 shells!

 

My point was: if you bought Ashitaka you could have recognized that she is a 20s Dreadnought in a relatively high tier with all pros and cons. And that this is her “thing”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
419 posts
5,672 battles
1 minute ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

 

Yes you can take this ship into battle, all cruisers there have very strong AA. And you have the punch from 10 (!) 41cm Type 91 shells!

 

My point was: if you bought Ashitaka you could have recognized that she is a 20s Dreadnought in a relatively high tier with all pros and cons. And that this is her “thing”

I know its main armament can punch

When I bought it there was very little carrier play if so then I shadowed a CL/CA 

Back then 2 out of ten games had carriers now 10 games is more like 4 games with 2 CV:s and 4 with 1 CV 

Doubt I will be using it much 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
7,523 posts
5,755 battles
2 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

I know its main armament can punch

When I bought it there was very little carrier play if so then I shadowed a CL/CA 

Back then 2 out of ten games had carriers now 10 games is more like 4 games with 2 CV:s and 4 with 1 CV 

Doubt I will be using it much 

 

 

I wouldn’t jump to conclusions yet. A new meta is going to settle over the coming months. I highly doubt Ashitaka will have a big problem

 

Plus: she is one of the most elegant ships in the game for me :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
419 posts
5,672 battles
13 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

 

I wouldn’t jump to conclusions yet. A new meta is going to settle over the coming months. I highly doubt Ashitaka will have a big problem

 

Plus: she is one of the most elegant ships in the game for me :-)

I like it too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
0 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, Ronchabale sagte:

Being a tier 7 she will see tier 8 CV:s 

She has 239 continuous up tp 1.9

No mid range

1 puff (840) and  22 continuous 1.9 - 5.2

But that wasn´t the question,  also i never complained that she didnt have laser gatling  AA guns

Let me rephrase the question...Is taking a capital ship with literally no AA into a battle a liability to the team effort ? Yes or No

Yes, AA is worse than Nagato's - buts it's bad AA compared to bad AA. Most japaneses Battleships have a bad AA which will make you quite helpless against CVs.

So are all jap. BBs not worth taking into battle? I guess not - it's a designed downside of that nation. It has always been like that. Jap. BBs have always been a good target for CV players (few exceptions like Kii).

As long as there are so many CVs around I would suggest to stay closer to your team and ask cruisers for help (e.g. use the function key for AA help). Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Not so much else you can do in jap. BBs. Use the catapult fighter, maybe use the fighter skill. Not really many other skills worth using on jap. BBs.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
7,523 posts
5,755 battles
18 minutes ago, Skurios_Volleys_Fan said:

Yes, AA is worse than Nagato's - buts it's bad AA compared to bad AA. Most japaneses Battleships have a bad AA which will make you quite helpless against CVs.

So are all jap. BBs not worth taking into battle? I guess not - it's a designed downside of that nation. It has always been like that. Jap. BBs have always been a good target for CV players (few exceptions like Kii).

As long as there are so many CVs around I would suggest to stay closer to your team and ask cruisers for help (e.g. use the function key for AA help). Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Not so much else you can do in jap. BBs. Use the catapult fighter, maybe use the fighter skill. Not really many other skills worth using on jap. BBs.

 

Pretty much except Ashitaka doesn’t have a fighter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,441 posts
6,734 battles
23 minutes ago, Skurios_Volleys_Fan said:

Yes, AA is worse than Nagato's - buts it's bad AA compared to bad AA. Most japaneses Battleships have a bad AA which will make you quite helpless against CVs.

So are all jap. BBs not worth taking into battle? I guess not - it's a designed downside of that nation. It has always been like that. Jap. BBs have always been a good target for CV players (few exceptions like Kii).

As long as there are so many CVs around I would suggest to stay closer to your team and ask cruisers for help (e.g. use the function key for AA help). Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Not so much else you can do in jap. BBs. Use the catapult fighter, maybe use the fighter skill. Not really many other skills worth using on jap. BBs.

That 25 mm range nerf hit hard... Before that, they did have pretty much crap at range, but got somewhat ok at 3.1 km (or a bit further if specced into it). Now they are just good when targets go right over them or if they fly into the few Flak bursts. Kii is likely the only IJN BB now that has actual midrange AA, as it's the sole IJN BB with 40 mm Chi-Type Bofors (otherwise only found on Hakuryu, Ibuki, Zao, Kitakaze and Harugumo, which means most other IJN ships share the garbage AA).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CROPS]
Players
195 posts
13,047 battles

Just weather it out. I play aa ships for the time being just to make cvs life miserable. North Carolina and salem still own the skies even after rework. The hype will get over soon enough but honestly i would not report u if u end up in my team with ashitaka. Cv can take down most bbs ashitaka will only die 2 mins earlier. Tag along with my gneise and we will go down together but that cv gonna miss some 30 planes in the process :) 

Or u just hop in one of aa beasts and make them cry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,077 posts
8,084 battles

I just ran into one in my Saipan, and let's just say it wasn't pretty. LOONG side, sluggish to turn, nice big deck to bomb, and virtually no AA.

 

I own the Ashitaka myself, and honestly right now I'm not playing it unless divisioned with an AA cruiser. Same with the Musashi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×