Yaskaraxx

The Moskva (X)??? - why not just "scrap it!!"...away with it?!!!...too an ugly bad looking + performing ship!

24 comments in this topic

[N3XUS]
Players
993 posts
23,164 battles

...the Russian Navy is great!!!...I am tellin nothing new here, we all know!!!!...So, why is that crap Moskva (X) still in game????...is the most ugliest ship i ever experienced in 2 years of WoWS.....looks like a floating coffin-look-alike...so ugly!!!!...totally stationary...so they gave it 11.7 kms radar (...to do something...ehh...make it 30 kms!!!...ehh)....such an UGLY SHIP!!!!...no one wants ta play it!!

..I mean...the Russian Navy RL is so immense great(!!!)....why not introduce one off the truly great Russian Cruisers (Silver, I mean, cuz we already have the GREAT Stalingrad!...that one is truly Russian, truly great!)!!....the Russian Navy has so very many of them!.....all historical, great ships!...the great Russian Navy has so many of them, cruisers!!! State of the art, awesome cool looking!!!...such great ships!!!

...so why is that enormous UGLY floating-coffin-look-alike-Moskva (X)" still in-game???...beats me!!!...the great Russian Navy has soooooo much better to offer us, the players!!!

• Funny 8
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[N3XUS]
Players
993 posts
23,164 battles
2 hours ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

dont see nothing wrong about moskvas look

...agree: when talking "the looks of some ship" then it will always be subjective opinions. But Moskva (X)?....such an enormous big ship & just carry around some 3x3 220mm pop-gunz? (Henri IV looks great, has 240 mm)....and that gigantic citadel (all for those 3x3 220mm???)....turning circle same close to oil-tanker radius?...and those flat arcs, lol, those make most of yr shells bounce off. was drinking some when writing initial posting, yeah, but still must say is me true opinion:  the Moskva (X) i truly experience as the very worst looking ship in WoWS; i have special perma camo for it, played some battles with it and next i got rid of it cuz for me that ship is simply toooo plain ugly ta watch (i value graphics, much) and seems Moskva is only "ship" that doesn't even fit in my big-screen(!!!)...so immense big a ship. But agree with ya there: everyone has his/hers own opinion, np (...for me, aghhh, what an ugly ship). Same time, take a look at DM Donskoi (IX) which realy looks great!!! And the RN prem cruisers look great also. Only problem with DM Donskoi (IX) is, it has not the T10 special perma camo (=-/- 50% exp + 20% credits) so ya can't do any credits with it. But yeah, DM Donkoi (IX) looks awesome cool, nice ship. Maybe make DM Donskoi  T10 and scrap, get rid of Moskva (X)???...wondering, cuz i notice not many players in randoms playing Moskva (X) anyway....

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,206 battles

Oh look, the dot dot dot boi is back, with another post just as unreadable as literally every single one he has ever posted :fish_palm: Seriously, someone disable his dot key please

7 hours ago, Yaskaraxx said:

So, why is that crap Moskva (X) still in game?

Ever considered that you are the crap part of you playing that ship?

Moskva's doing perfectly fine, being quite average in practically everything

EWcNwp9.png

(Last 2 months, EU)

is the most ugliest ship

Oh no, how horrible :fish_palm:

And visuals are quite a subjective thing

no one wants ta play it!!

TR8qa4E.png

127k (solo) battles by 1751 players in the last 2 months seems to disagree with you

37 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

and those flat arcs, lol, those make most of yr shells bounce off

youre_serious_futurama.gif

• Cool 2

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles

Image result for here we go gif

• Funny 1

[N3XUS]
Players
993 posts
23,164 battles
3 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Oh look, the dot dot dot boi is back, with another post just as unreadable as literally every single one he has ever posted :fish_palm: Seriously, someone disable his dot key please

...1751 players you state, ok, surprises me though, still you present facts, =ok, value such. btw i noticed you always post solid info comments, appreciate your postings, yes, i read many of them, yes.

(...about dots, me, i explained earlier other thread: is not on purpose, no, me, i just don't see any dispersions between my dots;; ..me dots somehow "end on-top-of-each-other, i can't notice myself; meaning, when i type 5x dots i myself only can see 1x dot (= no dispersion there, for me; when i type 6x dots i notice 2x dots in me text, so i go backspacing it away; normally when typing i have trick ta avoid "over-dotting": i go to far right dot & next i go "backspacing dots" till i don't see any dots any more and then me, i click 1x dot, then i do ok; but when me, i am playing + drinking some, then i forget & get bit lazy, lol. Was explaining me "over-dotting" occurring, only sometimes, bye yaskara xx)

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,272 posts
3,577 battles

Oh my god, you still exist?

• Funny 5

Players
981 posts
9,658 battles
20 hours ago, Yaskaraxx said:

...so why is that enormous UGLY floating-coffin-look-alike-Moskva (X)" still in-game???...beats me!!!...the great Russian Navy has soooooo much better to offer us, the players!!!

Like...what?

Like really, ships that actually existed are allready in the game. Ships, that did not exist, are also in the game, there is nothing left.

[N3XUS]
Players
993 posts
23,164 battles
2 hours ago, mariouus said:

Like...what?

Like really, ships that actually existed are allready in the game. Ships, that did not exist, are also in the game, there is nothing left.

image.thumb.jpeg.56d47c2b0d142e7e82e46fda99eadf5d.jpeg

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,807 posts
9,865 battles
1 minute ago, Yaskaraxx said:

image.thumb.jpeg.56d47c2b0d142e7e82e46fda99eadf5d.jpeg

In that case, let my also suggest a new addition to the USN roster:

USS Enterprise (NCC-1701), ENT1231.jpg

USS Enterprise

deflector shields bestest armor plating

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[N3XUS]
Players
993 posts
23,164 battles
12 hours ago, Exocet6951 said:

In that case, let my also suggest a new addition to the USN roster:

USS Enterprise (NCC-1701), ENT1231.jpg

USS Enterprise

deflector shields bestest armor plating

..ok, understand what ya mean here, lol. so, why not change Moskva (re-balance), make it more pleasant ship (turning circle, citadel, detect, radar); the guns of Moskva i never ever liked(!!), those flat arcs require ya to meet some real un-experienced enemy player givin ya full broadside for free for targetting the easy ways and flat-arcs make far too many of yr shells bounce (take for instance a Cleveland, which has great arcs lobbing in shells ifhe like crazy, those are real gunz, tough 152 mm, but great arcs + rof); Moskva (X) can and will never ever come close to the great gunz of the russian prem cruisers...so...was wondering: why not make Moskva (X) a somewhat more pleasant standard battle-cruiser + change that horrible special prem camo(!)....funnny thing of it all, yesterday i was looking some real life pics (..i am great with images!) of Moskva, must say the ship looks far, far better there rl, kind of cool. seems only here in WoWs it was transformed frankenstein-version, why?----> so, why not work it over , change its appearance, camo, specs, fighter-plane and handling to make it a far more popular battle-cruiser?

...i mean, make it more like this (without the ballistics fcaus, me Shokaku would disapprove, i mean make it more true, this way?...that's my opinion...and aint she a true beauty??

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.e215a1a3712629f7010d32177c4178b7.jpeg

[TAW]
Players
164 posts
5,860 battles

I really like Moskva as is, looks-wise, ok her manoeuvrability isn't the best and the AA nerf certainly hasn't helped, but still I like the build I have and the gun arcs are way better than the US parachute flares. Having said that it's starting to look as though not even Yamato has worse base concealment (so far I've only found two ships with worse concealment in the game, Stalingrad @ 18.12m and Grosser Kurfurst @ 18.18km) and I don't really see why that should be, so if WG wanted to demonstrate how they arrived at the concealment for Moskva I'd be very interested...

• Cool 2

[WEP]
Players
488 posts
15,537 battles

Comrade Stalin, the battlecruiser Mockba is the best:cap_rambo:

Moskva29.png

Moskva30.png

[WEP]
Players
488 posts
15,537 battles

Comrade Stalin, the battlecruiser Mockba is forever:cap_rambo:

Moskva33.png

Moskva34.png

[WEP]
Players
488 posts
15,537 battles

Comrade Stalin, the battlecruiser Mockba is the Best:cap_rambo:

Mockba10.png

Mockba11.png

Mockba12.png

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
829 posts

Not going to open a new thread for a question.

But what happened to Moskvas AA?

I was focused by a Midway and all I got was 5 planekills.

I ran all of my defAA.

He just flew straight thru and bombed the crap out of me.

Players
5,441 posts
6,734 battles
5 hours ago, SirAmra said:

Not going to open a new thread for a question.

But what happened to Moskvas AA?

I was focused by a Midway and all I got was 5 planekills.

I ran all of my defAA.

He just flew straight thru and bombed the crap out of me.

What do you expect? It's like all AA. Moskva doesn't have the mid-range of stuff like USN or Mino, so it's just your regular cruiser that throws a lot of clouds but if you don't fly into them...

Bonus points for HE bombs penning 50 mm plating, AP bombs utterly devastating Moskva and the ship being too unmeneuverable to reliably dodge torps.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,784 posts
16,198 battles

There is exactly one thing good about Moskva AA.

She's got a lot of range which is extremely annoying.

Annoying is all that she'll ever be however.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
829 posts
5 hours ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

What do you expect? It's like all AA. Moskva doesn't have the mid-range of stuff like USN or Mino, so it's just your regular cruiser that throws a lot of clouds but if you don't fly into them...

Bonus points for HE bombs penning 50 mm plating, AP bombs utterly devastating Moskva and the ship being too unmeneuverable to reliably dodge torps.

If he were actively trying to evade my AA I'd agree. He didn't even try to Dodge me. 

[ARYA]
Players
494 posts
11,671 battles

Any advice for upgrades should i install ?

Should i play her like Des moines or like DM.Donskoi?

[BGNAV]
Players
181 posts
6,423 battles
On 5/4/2019 at 11:27 AM, Atorpad said:

Any advice for upgrades should i install ?

I am having mostly successful games in Moskva using a generic tanky build:

Commander spec

Upgrades:
Main Armaments Modification 1

Damage Control System Modification 1

Aiming Systems Modification 1

Steering Gears Modification 2

Concealment System Modification 1

Main Battery Modification 3

Once I unlock the legendary upgrade, I will slap it on.

This fits perfectly my playstyle for the ship - BB with small guns. The ship is very tanky when angled properly but has a high-sitting citadel and can get one-shotted if showing too much side. Guns are very accurate, fire chance is high and fire rate is great. Also the shell velocity is ridiculously good. 

On 5/4/2019 at 11:27 AM, Atorpad said:

Should i play her like Des moines or like DM.Donskoi?

Neither. DM usually hugs islands and fires over them. Moskva has flat arcs and cannot do that. Also the ship takes forever to turn, so if you get rushed behind an island, you may get killed.

Donskoi has gameplay closer to Moskva but still different. With Donskoi you can move in open waters at very long range and spam static enemies. With Moskva you can actually get to mid range and even tank when needed. It is better to take a lot of hits bow-on than 1-2 citadels while turning. The ship has a large section in the bow with 50mm armor which can bounce even Yamato AP. Also the deck armor is great vs HE. With this ship I usually go to support the push on one flank while keeping island cover between me and the other flanks. I focus primarily on DDs and radar cruisers as those have the most impact. When properly angled, the only real weaknesses for Moskva are torpedoes (make sure you have a DD in front to spot them or use hydro), BB HE and the HE from Hindenburg and Henry IV (the latter with IFHE) as those can penetrate 50mm armor.

Against CVs... you are doomed if you are alone. As mentioned, go with friendlies and do not split too far.

Moskva also has great radar range but with about half the duration of DM radar. If you plan to use it it is good to first inform your team, so they could also shoot at what you spot. Wasting a radar on a DD no one could shoot can bite you in the bum later.

• Cool 1