Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zlaraki

Give us the possibility to refund CV

23 comments in this topic

Players
317 posts
3,726 battles

So we had a short period of time in which we could experiment with builds for free. Is it fair to ask if they could allow us to switch back and forth between JPN and US CV line as well? All I'm seeing ingame are Midways and for a good reason. I dont enjoy playing my Hakuryu nor will that change after tomorrows hotfix knowing how long it takes for WG to get it right regarding torpedos. As far as I know they're only going to slightly adjust AA and fix some bugs, nothing fancy that will benefit Haku's torps. So what do you say guys. Do you want WG to give us the opportunity to check whats on the other side? Since I'm only dealing dmg with my atk and bomb aircraft, Midway would suit me much better.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
317 posts
3,726 battles

As I feared. I'm not touching my Haku until I get a refund or see a legit patch. So long. 

Commanders! Due to the installation of Update 0.8.0.2. the server will be unavailable

• from: Tue. 12 Feb. 05:00 CET (UTC+1) / your local time: Tue. 12 Feb. 05:00
  • until: Tue. 12 Feb. 06:00 CET (UTC+1) / your local time: Tue. 12 Feb. 06:00

Changelog: 

• Fixed the bug that resulted in huge damage spikes from AA explosions at tier VIII.;
  • Adjusted the damage progression of AA explosions on all tiers;
  • Resolved some issues with continuous DPS calculation. As a result, continuous DPS was adjusted within 5% on all ships;
  • Made balance changes to several ships in live testing (  V Viribus Unitis,   V Exeter,   V Yahagi,   IX Neustrashimy).

Players
4,123 posts
7,606 battles

You havent researched the US CV line. Why do you think you should get the T10 CV for free? I got a T10 Cruiser. I dont like it. Should I just say "lemme try another one for free".This goes against every rule of a grinding game. Start T4 US CVs if you want to play them. Or you take you credit card out. Thats the business model of this game, like it or not.

• Cool 1

Players
317 posts
3,726 battles
2 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

You havent researched the US CV line. Why do you think you should get the T10 CV for free? I got a T10 Cruiser. I dont like it. Should I just say "lemme try another one for free".This goes against every rule of a grinding game. Start T4 US CVs if you want to play them. Or you take you credit card out. Thats the business model of this game, like it or not.

I dont think you quite understood whats being said. They can keep my JPN line, throw it in the garbage and for exchange, give me the US line. Its not for free, more like a swap.

Players
4,050 posts
8,804 battles
1 minute ago, Zlaraki said:

I dont think you quite understood whats being said. They can keep my JPN line, throw it in the garbage and for exchange, give me the US line. Its not for free, more like a swap.

Ehm..that's exactly what @ForlornSailor said :cap_old:

• Cool 3

[COTNS]
Players
216 posts
3,544 battles

tbh i wouldn't be surprised if WG allowed it as a one time thing. waited for everyone to swap IJN to USN then nerf midway and buff haku :))

thats more like the wows business model. 

• Funny 3

Players
4,123 posts
7,606 battles
Just now, Zlaraki said:

Dont assume when you are obviously wrong. I understood perfectly, what you are saying. Its still the same thing. Should i be able to exchange my Hindenburg for my Moskva? You know, because Hindenburg got nerfed while Moskva got buffed? No. Thats the way things go. This is the core of the game. It doesnt work the way you want it to work. Never has - never will. WG has been pretty generous with how they refunded the silver line CVs when the rework came, a lot of people gained a lot of free XP and Dubloons on top of that. Maybe that spoiled some people in their expectations.

Players
317 posts
3,726 battles
Just now, NothingButTheRain said:

Ehm..that's exactly what @ForlornSailor said :cap_old:

6 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Read again. Nowhere does he state Im handing over my Hakuryo, he's implying I will get another T10 line for free. It aint free if I throw my JPN line away.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

I think if you wanted both lines you should have dumped FXP into T10 before the patch went live.

I've refunded both lines as I want nothing to do with the rework after trying it out...

Thought this was a topic about cash refunds for Prem CVs :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

Players
4,050 posts
8,804 battles

Read again. Nowhere does he state Im handing over my Hakuryo, he's implying I will get another T10 line for free. It aint free if I throw my JPN line away.

You are the one who will have to read again :cap_like:

• Funny 1

Players
4,050 posts
8,804 battles
1 minute ago, Negativvv said:

I think if you wanted both lines you should have dumped FXP into T10 before the patch went live.

This is what I ended up doing. I later sold my higher tier carriers later for full fxp

• Cool 1

Players
317 posts
3,726 battles
2 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Dont assume when you are obviously wrong. I understood perfectly, what you are saying. Its still the same thing. Should i be able to exchange my Hindenburg for my Moskva? You know, because Hindenburg got nerfed while Moskva got buffed? No. Thats the way things go. This is the core of the game. It doesnt work the way you want it to work. Never has - never will. WG has been pretty generous with how they refunded the silver line CVs when the rework came, a lot of people gained a lot of free XP and Dubloons on top of that. Maybe that spoiled some people in their expectations.

Thats a poor comparison. We have seen a huge change in CV in the past couple of days, more will follow. I'm asking when we are near the end of the journey, whether they would allow us to swap back and forth. I think its fair considering the rollercoaster we are experiencing now. I know it will take forever for WG to balance out the torps, so I will put my bet on Midway. I'm sure alot of other players feel the same way. 

[NWP]
Players
5,886 posts
7,167 battles

Yes it is free. It takes atleast time to grind through the lines.

You just want to skip that process by cherry picking the line which is stronger right now. You took Hakuryu because everyone and their mother was abusing it - and you wanted in on it. That you didnt count on WG nerfing it is only on you.

• Cool 1

Players
317 posts
3,726 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Yes it is free. It takes atleast time to grind through the lines.

You just want to skip that process by cherry picking the line which is stronger right now. You took Hakuryu because everyone and their mother was abusing it - and you wanted in on it. That you didnt count on WG nerfing it is only on you.

That is not true at all. I picked Haku because I enjoy torps being one of my main arsenal. Shimakaze was the first ship I grinded for a reason, nothing to do with being op. 

• Funny 1

Players
4,123 posts
7,606 battles

Listen my friend. You asked a question, if it would be fair. Couple of people explained it to you, why this is 180° contrary to the game economics, because it literally wants you to grind lines and it needs people to grind lines to work. On top of that, if you want to focus on the "is it fair"-part : No, its not fair. Because why would you limit it to a CV vs CV exchange? Then I should be able to exchange my Moskva for the Midway. Not a single reason the one thing should work and the other dont. So basically - if I grinded / bought 1 tier 10 - then I have them all. Dont like the ship anymore? switch. Game got rebalanced? switch again. The game doesnt work like this. But hey, if you dont like the answers, you got so for, feel free to do a @ and ask MrConway directly. I wont tag him for you, because I know the answer and dont think he should be bothered with something, that the community answered to you quite clearly and with a lot of explanations. I think everything is said here...

• Cool 2

Players
1,287 posts
9,521 battles

I think that this is a translation issue.

@Zlaraki if you still have your IJN CV's sell them through Inventory, if the offer still applies, you will also get fxp from the sale.. not sure when the CV offer ends.

If you've go the FXP you can FXP to Midway problem solved... If you haven't then you have to grind...

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,508 posts
11,466 battles
48 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

So we had a short period of time in which we could experiment with builds for free. Is it fair to ask if they could allow us to switch back and forth between JPN and US CV line as well? All I'm seeing ingame are Midways and for a good reason. I dont enjoy playing my Hakuryu nor will that change after tomorrows hotfix knowing how long it takes for WG to get it right regarding torpedos. As far as I know they're only going to slightly adjust AA and fix some bugs, nothing fancy that will benefit Haku's torps. So what do you say guys. Do you want WG to give us the opportunity to check whats on the other side? Since I'm only dealing dmg with my atk and bomb aircraft, Midway would suit me much better.

You literally got this chance. If you had one CV line fully researched before the 8.0 patch, you had the option to just sell it for credits and freeXP - that would give you enough of both to research the other line all the way to t10. But you got that chance ONCE.

I don't know if you used it already, or perhaps didn't have either line researched before and just freeXPed to Haku after the patch. Either way, you made your choices AFTER the Rework happened, with all the information that there are likely going to be HUGE balance changes to the AA, CVs and whatnot. Despite that, I assume, you didn't wait for 8.2 when the Rework is expected to be more or less complete, or even 8.1 (the first major patch after Rework going live) to make your decisions then. You used your options (whether it was swapping lines or using free XP to jump to t10 in a line you didn't have previously researched) right away... and then the changes happened. As WG was stating that they were going to happen. I'm very critical as to the way Haku got nerfed but this doesn't change the fact that... the chance was there. If you did something to lose it, you really don't have anyone but yourself to blame and expecting WG to let people swap lines AGAIN is... pretty unrealistic, to say the least.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
5,886 posts
7,167 battles
10 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

I think that this is a translation issue.

@Zlaraki if you still have your IJN CV's sell them through Inventory, if the offer still applies, you will also get fxp from the sale.. not sure when the CV offer ends.

If you've go the FXP you can FXP to Midway problem solved... If you haven't then you have to grind...

He didnt own them pre 0.8.0. tho. So he doesnt get FreeXP back in return.

(you couldnt know that, but i knew because of previous posts of him :Smile-_tongue:)

• Cool 2

Players
4,123 posts
7,606 battles
19 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

if you still have your IJN CV's sell them through Inventory, if the offer still applies, you will also get fxp from the sale.. not sure when the CV offer ends.

12 minutes ago, eliastion said:

You literally got this chance. If you had one CV line fully researched before the 8.0 patch, you had the option to just sell it for credits and freeXP - that would give you enough of both to research the other line all the way to t10. But you got that chance ONCE. 

I had replied to him in his earlier thread (check through his account), so I knew, that he used money to buy the Haku 1 day before the hotfix because he realized, what you could do with it.

• Cool 1

Players
317 posts
3,726 battles
48 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Listen my friend. You asked a question, if it would be fair. Couple of people explained it to you, why this is 180° contrary to the game economics, because it literally wants you to grind lines and it needs people to grind lines to work. On top of that, if you want to focus on the "is it fair"-part : No, its not fair. Because why would you limit it to a CV vs CV exchange? Then I should be able to exchange my Moskva for the Midway. Not a single reason the one thing should work and the other dont. So basically - if I grinded / bought 1 tier 10 - then I have them all. Dont like the ship anymore? switch. Game got rebalanced? switch again. The game doesnt work like this. But hey, if you dont like the answers, you got so for, feel free to do a @ and ask MrConway directly. I wont tag him for you, because I know the answer and dont think he should be bothered with something, that the community answered to you quite clearly and with a lot of explanations. I think everything is said here...

If we are talking about pure aconomics they shouldnt be giving away any freebies, but they do, so why wouldnt I try and grab this opportunity? As far as you proposing to exchange your Moskva for CV, it doesnt make sense at all, while my trade does considering the circumstances. CV are alot more expensive and have no relevance to cruisers.

I have to say tho, since many have mentioned that WG did indeed grant us this oppurtunity before the hotfix, its very unlikly they will do it again. I just think their timing was a bit off. Who knew they would completely nerf Haku's torps to the ground? 

23 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

I had replied to him in his earlier thread (check through his account), so I knew, that he used money to buy the Haku 1 day before the hotfix because he realized, what you could do with it.

Not true at all. I bought my haku after the hotfix and was looking forward to 4 torps, hence this thread:

33 minutes ago, eliastion said:

I don't know if you used it already, or perhaps didn't have either line researched before and just freeXPed to Haku after the patch. Either way, you made your choices AFTER the Rework happened, with all the information that there are likely going to be HUGE balance changes to the AA, CVs and whatnot. Despite that, I assume, you didn't wait for 8.2 when the Rework is expected to be more or less complete, or even 8.1 (the first major patch after Rework going live) to make your decisions then. You used your options (whether it was swapping lines or using free XP to jump to t10 in a line you didn't have previously researched) right away... and then the changes happened. As WG was stating that they were going to happen. I'm very critical as to the way Haku got nerfed but this doesn't change the fact that... the chance was there. If you did something to lose it, you really don't have anyone but yourself to blame and expecting WG to let people swap lines AGAIN is... pretty unrealistic, to say the least.

Thank you for informing me, other people as well. Looks like I missed my chance to swap, but I doubt many people would abort the ship when it comes to Haku. No one knew Haku's torps were to become useless. I sure hope they grant us another oppurtunity. 

[NWP]
Players
5,886 posts
7,167 battles
6 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

I have to say tho, since many have mentioned that WG did indeed grant us this oppurtunity before the hotfix, its very unlikly they will do it again. I just think their timing was a bit off. Who knew they would completely nerf Haku's torps to the ground? 

They didnt foresee people abusing the torps like that. They however want that Hakuryu has those torps...

5 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

Thank you for informing me, other people as well. Looks like I missed my chance to swap, but I doubt many people would abort the ship when it comes to Haku. No one knew Haku's torps were to become useless. I sure hope they grant us another oppurtunity. 

I did it, and definetely not regretting it.

I used 1,2 million FreeXP pre-rework and got Haku/Midway just to collect the steel. That i got an extra 200 steel the day the rework hit was just bonus. I sold both T10 CVs and also got the FreeXP back for the T6+8 ones. Then i used to XP i had on my T4 CVs to re-research and rebuy the T6 CVs.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,508 posts
11,466 battles
1 hour ago, Zlaraki said:

Well, it was pretty clear that Haku was going to be hit by a nerf bat, hard. If someone had her, the option to "refund" her would stay for quite some time, so they had no need to "abort" her. Those that didn't have her but wanted her badly based on her early performance, should've anticipated a fast and decisive nerf (again, based on that very same early performance), making the purchase a very risky deal. Buying a "borderline OP ship" for her performance is a risk of nerfs somewhere down the line. Buying an "extremely OP ship" in what's basically her testing period on live server is, I'm afraid, basically asking to be disappointed. These ships are in the phase that normally would be done by Supertesters - the first live server trials. And we know how much ships can change during supertests - precisely because they can happen to perform really well or abysmally badly when confronted with the reality of real game environment. The difference is that this time there were no "post-rework CVs" to compare Haku to. The class (and therefore the possibility to just give the ship to supertesters to try out in established environment) just didn't exist, no environment to be put in for a new addition... which is why, basically, WG decided that their only option is to pretty much release the two branches of new carriers in their "pre-supertest" state - and then perform all the normal supertest-ish changes and balancing within the upcoming two months. And, well, when Haku proved to be extremely effective and even allowed some semi-effective, extremely frustrating (for the enemy) tactics that required no skill whatsoever from the player? Well. It was pretty obvious that the changes coming for the ship were to be pretty drastic - and certainly not of the kind kind (yeah, I could've used other words but it's late at night and I perhaps could stop myself but found no motivation to try).

Players
719 posts
8,430 battles

Well I bought the T4 and T6 after the release and now have a T1 IJN ship with 100,000 xp. Of course I could read and knew that is what would happen but I did get all my credits and doubloons back. Great effort by WG allowing for all these trades and free respecs. The OP being too stupid to understand that is his problem.

Sign in to follow this