Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DenmarkRadar

Suggestion: Improved Game through Discovery

3 comments in this topic

[TRUMP]
Players
100 posts
15,177 battles

Currently at the onset of a Random battle, you know exactly the enemy ships you are facing.

This is highly unrealistic and sometimes depressing...

I suggest a "discovery" variation on the known conditions at the start of battle:

1. Your team's ships are known to you and all players on your team.

2. The general composition of the enemy team is known (for instance: 1 CV + 3 BBs + 4 Cruisers + 4 Destroyers)

3. However the exact ships you are facing is unknown - so the 3 BBs might 3 Yamato or 3 Conqueror... 

4. Enemy ships must be spotted and "Discovered" (A new ribbon different from Spotting).

5. Discovery of the enemy ship is done by one your ships spotting the enemy ship continuously for 10 secs - 1 minute, depending on class and range.

I imagine the destroyers are discovered fast, since they tend to hide. The Battleships take longer to discover. For the CV it is by spotting the planes for a set period of time.

The range aspect makes it so being 50% closer speeds up the discovery by 100%. The default time being measured from the ordinary spotting range outside smoke for the ships given configuration and commander skills.

6 .The period of time from point 5. might be cumulative through the battle or suffer a reset if the enemy manages to hide.

7. Being sunk automatically discovers the sinking ship to the one who contributed the most damage - unless already discovered.

The enemy team obviously face the same uncertainty.

[NWP]
Players
4,355 posts
6,233 battles

Has one major flaw:

Good players can know by the damage they receive what ship is shooting them :Smile-_tongue:

Could even potentially be known by amount of shells fired and reload speed.

F.e. if i receive a hit causing 4884 damage, i know its a Yamato or Musashi shooting me.

• Cool 1

[TRUMP]
Players
100 posts
15,177 battles
5 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Has one major flaw:

Good players can know by the damage they receive what ship is shooting them :Smile-_tongue:

Could even potentially be known by amount of shells fired and reload speed.

F.e. if i receive a hit causing 4884 damage, i know its a Yamato or Musashi shooting me.

True - the system is not perfect. Yamato/Musashi would stick out like sore thumb.

Also the visuals/contour might be revealing.

But there's a difference between you knowing and you getting the ribbon/xp :Smile_Default:

Sign in to follow this