Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ABED1984

An Idea about AA on surface ships

9 comments in this topic

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,086 posts
30,898 battles

After watching this commentary about CVs I came up with an idea about AA on surface ships, Which is:-

How about we have the option to personally control the AA while making our artillery gun controlled by AI ?? We can switch which type of armament we want to control and play with.

https://youtu.be/_d319aOO4mU?t=596

[COTNS]
Players
143 posts
2,827 battles

I like the idea in theory but I think in a BB for example I would always like the option to switch back with no penalty before the reload on main.guns would be done reloading as I wouldn't trust the AI to not waste the shot aha. 

But I would like to control the AA. Make it skilled CV Vs skilled AA controller and make the game more multiplayer game nstwad of CV Vs AI AA 

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,157 posts
14,439 battles
45 minutes ago, ABED1984 said:

How about we have the option to personally control the AA

That would completely throw the game on its head.

Not saying that this isn't possible or even a bad suggestion, but the resulting game would be fundamentally different than what we have now. WG has made it very clear that they want you to concentrate on the surface engagement (which is why CVs no longer have usable fighters), so really I can't see that happening.

47 minutes ago, ABED1984 said:

making our artillery gun controlled by AI

Jesus Christ, please no.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
4,322 posts
6,214 battles

I dunno if there is a meaningful way to implement that... And im pretty sure WG wont do it anyway.

Even tho its correct what ICG says in the YT vid, i think that controlling the AA yourself puts much more strains on Cruisers than on the others. DDs could potentially fight planes unless they are engaged with another DD. BBs can afford to switch to AA atleast between salvos, because they have longer reload. Cruisers however rely on constant DPM, while also having the best AA available (that wouldnt change anyway even if you could controle AA yourself). And there would need to be an option to NOT use the guns incase they would be AI controlled. Blindly firing guns with a DD would be horrible :Smile_teethhappy:

Personaly i thought about a fun scenario, were a division of 3 could play one ship - one is shooting mainguns, the next is using secondaries and the 3rd is using AA guns. Ofc this could only be a fun operation, because there would need to be sufficient stuff around to shoot at for everyone so it wouldnt be possible in a random game, but still, i think it could be really funny :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,086 posts
30,898 battles
57 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

WG has made it very clear that they want you to concentrate on the surface engagement

Then why did WG add CVs in the 1st place? As long as WG wanted to put CVs in the game then they should do whatever is necessary to make this ship class a good addition to the game either you're playing CVs or surface ships.

[NWP]
Players
4,322 posts
6,214 battles
2 minutes ago, ABED1984 said:

Then why did WG add CVs in the 1st place? As long as WG wanted to put CVs in the game then they should do whatever is necessary to make this ship class a good addition to the game either you're playing CVs or surface ships. 

tenor.gif?itemid=7263498

More classes = more premiums = more money (subs will come)

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,157 posts
14,439 battles
2 minutes ago, ABED1984 said:

Then why did WG add CVs in the 1st place?

Because WoWs in concept, alpha and beta was an entirely different game than WoWs today. What worked back then is apparently no longer accepted by the community, thus WG felt the need to change things up.

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,086 posts
30,898 battles
30 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

More classes = more premiums = more money (subs will come)

Yeah.. Submarines needs to be added to the game. But the last Submarine gameplay test in Halloween wasn't entertaining at all. WarGaming must make this class a fun and interesting to play and play against.

30 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Because WoWs in concept, alpha and beta was an entirely different game than WoWs today. What worked back then is apparently no longer accepted by the community, thus WG felt the need to change things up.

By this concept the AA needs a real rework to catch up with the CV rework.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,157 posts
14,439 battles
3 minutes ago, ABED1984 said:

By this concept the AA needs a real rework to catch up with the CV rework.

They've already reworked AA. It's an entirely different system than it used to be.

Sign in to follow this