Jump to content
MS_Surface

If it's until the 11 Feb it's not until 10 Feb

24 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
345 posts

Suggestion to WG regarding the captain skills

 

When someone says "from 10 to 11 o'clock" that means until 10:59 but when you talk about days, if you say "from whatever day to 11 Feb"  it means 11 is included. Even if it is to pay your taxes or electricity bill or for whatever you can think of.

I shouldn't have to explain this but when you go on vacation, say "8 to 11 Feb" on the 11 Feb you are still on vacation, right? If you have until 11 Feb to pay your taxes, you can pay your taxes the 11th Feb right?

 

Obviously, I still didn't made up my mind regarding skills configuration since WG still hasn't finished balancing CVs so skill reset should be free till WG finishes balancing them. I think the point is that captains know what's the state of AA and CVs and make a decision based on that. If WG itself still hasn't figured out those things, how can i chose a definitive skill config for any of my captains?

 

I know in a few weeks there will be another free reset but meanwhile, it should be free as i'm sure i'm not the only one doing "heavy testing" and trying out different builds. Apart from that, i have several upgrades in different ships, captains in ships that aren't supposed to... all because in your weird perception of "deadlines", you say "till 11" when you actually mean "till 10". I think WG should adopt the "system" that the rest of the world uses instead of misleading players.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
18,877 posts
12,052 battles

 

2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

.... The ending time was published in the announcement.

And as in 99% of the time limited promotions, that time was early in the morning, which you should know after all this time playing the game....

 

Discount Ends: Mon. 11 Feb. 06:00 CET (UTC+1) / your local time: Mon. 11 Feb. 06:00

 

 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
345 posts

ColonelPete

 

Sorry but it doesn't work like that. When you give information about a "deadline", it should be consistent across all articles that mention it. Which is not.

The most recent information, and just as valid, the one most likely for someone to retain in memory, says:

"To allow you to adapt your Commanders and ships to the new carrier gameplay as comfortably as possible, from February 8 to February 11, you’ll be able to retrain your Commanders, redistribute their skill points and demount modernizations for free. This event includes all Commanders and ships, regardless of specialization or class. "

Sorry, i cant find the "06:00" on this info. I must assume it's all day. I'm not just being "stupid". I read all articles and that was in fact the information i kept in memory.

 

Regarding the quoted post, I don't remember saying WG was lying. I said they should change the way they transmit this kind of information. It's different.

 

Most importantly, my main point is that if WG still didn't manage to balance CVs and AA, why will my captains stay the same while they change values and mechanics? Just leave it free from now until the end of the "second period" of free retraining. I think it's fair that while WG changes these mechanics, we should be able to make our own changes.

I'm stuck with some crazy configs and it won't be the end of the world having them till the second free retraining but what's the issue of leaving retraining free till then so we can test several configurations? After all, these are pretty "massive" changes to the game.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Modder
4,215 posts
7,711 battles
21 minutes ago, MS_Surface said:

Sorry but it doesn't work like that.

It does in a world of well-educated beings.

 

21 minutes ago, MS_Surface said:

Sorry, i cant find the "06:00" on this info.

574068883_Screenshot_2019-02-11FREECommanderRetrainingandRespeccingMaketheMostofitWorldofWarships.thumb.png.0ee19b52e57599c8d319c9f6268d63e3.png

 

How big do you need the info?

 

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
18,877 posts
12,052 battles

@MS

 

  • where did you read that?
  • was that all to read?
  • was there ever an event that went until the evening? you should know better...
  • your captains do not stay the same, you can retrain again
  • depending on the amount of ships you own, you did not reskill all captains (I have a few captains with undistributed points left, that I will reskill based on my future experience, IF I manage that before the next free reskill...)
  • have you thought about that WG earns money with paid reskills? Leaving that free for too long cuts into their profits and some people get 8+ free reskills this year....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,206 battles
2 hours ago, MS_Surface said:

if you say "from whatever day to 11 Feb"  it means 11 is included.

So by your own definition the fact that it's till 11th February 6 AM CET is 11th, just like WG said

 

Your selective reading is your failure, no someone elses

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
345 posts
41 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

@MS

 

  • where did you read that?
  • was that all to read?
  • was there ever an event that went until the evening? you should know better...
  • your captains do not stay the same, you can retrain again
  • depending on the amount of ships you own, you did not reskill all captains (I have a few captains with undistributed points left, that I will reskill based on my future experience, IF I manage that before the next free reskill...).
  • have you thought about that WG earns money with paid reskills? Leaving that free for too long cuts into their profits and some people get 8+ free reskills this year....

 

1 - It's been in all hotfix updates

2 - There was plenty to read but unrelated.

3 - I don't pay attention if they all end or start always at the same time. I rely on information. Preferably consistent.

4 - Yes. Exactly as i said.

5 - I was planning on leaving all undistributed so i could decide later

6 - WG makes money out of a lot of others things as well. The current changes in the game are important enough for the free retraining and it's actually useful since players are also helping to balance AA and CVs.

 

firefox_Mxd41MjUAM.thumb.png.b628ae4b7093de3df437da9529948cd9.png

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
345 posts
22 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

So by your own definition the fact that it's till 11th February 6 AM CET is 11th, just like WG said

 

Your selective reading is your failure, no someone elses

Selective reading? Why would you think that? Is my English so bad that you didn't understand that i said it wasn't written like that in all instances. It only says 06:00 in that article but it appears without it in other articles that you probably didn't read and should be reading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
18,877 posts
12,052 battles
9 minutes ago, MS_Surface said:

1 - It's been in all hotfix updates

No surprise. That is not an announcement, that is an reminder.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
345 posts
1 hour ago, principat121 said:

It does in a world of well-educated beings. 

 

574068883_Screenshot_2019-02-11FREECommanderRetrainingandRespeccingMaketheMostofitWorldofWarships.thumb.png.0ee19b52e57599c8d319c9f6268d63e3.png

 

How big do you need the info?

 

 

 

You can't be serious. So information given to the public by a company can be inconsistent across several articles in the same platform... if we are "well educated beings"??

I did read that, a while ago. So?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
18,877 posts
12,052 battles
1 minute ago, MS_Surface said:

You can't be serious. So information given to the public by a company can be inconsistent across several articles in the same platform... if we are "well educated beings"??

I did read that, a while ago. So?

That is difference between general and detailed information.

That has nothing to with inconsistency. The information does not contradict each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
345 posts
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

No surprise. That is not an announcement, that is an reminder.

 

 

Does it matter if it's an announcement or a reminder? What matters is the information on it. Reminder on not, that's the information given to the public. That's why i said they should be more consistent.

I also said i don't car about it that much. I do care that i can't change my skills and there's already a new hotfix coming in. I won't repeat myself on the reasons why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
18,877 posts
12,052 battles
Just now, MS_Surface said:

Does it matter if it's an announcement or a reminder? What matters is the information on it. Reminder on not, that's the information given to the public. That's why i said they should be more consistent.

I also said i don't car about it that much. I do care that i can't change my skills and there's already a new hotfix coming in. I won't repeat myself on the reasons why.

Yes. A reminder has the job to remind you, not to give the detailed information of the announcement.

If you are not interested in more detailed information and just assume stuff, that is your personal problem.

 

It was:

  • announced in advance
  • announced in a dedicated announcement
  • discussed on the forum
  • announced on the forum that the time frame for resets would run out soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Modder
4,215 posts
7,711 battles
1 minute ago, MS_Surface said:

That's why i said they should be more consistent.

They are. But you fully ignored that. Every event ends in the early morning of the last day of said event! EVERY! FUKKING! TIME! in the last three years! Because that is the time, when the internal game server timer are resetted.

 

If this piece of information never reached your awareness in over three years, then please, do not blame Wargaming for this failure! It is you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
345 posts
Just now, ColonelPete said:

That is difference between general and detailed information.

That has nothing to with inconsistency. The information does not contradict each other.

You don't give "general" deadlines. In this case, the reference to 06:00 should always be in any article that mentions it. You can resume whatever you want but if you are giving a specific deadline, you must keep that same format consistently. You can resume the text, do whatever you want but when a date is specific, it should remain like that. Specially when giving it in a "general way" removes 18h to what should be expected when someone says "unitl 11 Feb.".

I never said it contradicted, you people can't read or what?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
345 posts
3 minutes ago, principat121 said:

They are. But you fully ignored that. Every event ends in the early morning of the last day of said event! EVERY! FUKKING! TIME! in the last three years! Because that is the time, when the internal game server timer are resetted.

 

If this piece of information never reached your awareness in over three years, then please, do not blame Wargaming for this failure! It is you.

Yes i did and i really don't care about trying to notice the "habits" of WG or server reset hours as the only server reset i care about is when they mention it for whatever reason. I read the news articles and i play the game. If it says a date, i expect it. If they say they will reset the server at some hour, i take a note of that. I don't have to figure out habits, what the hell are you talking about? Maybe i don't care as much as you do, who knows, but you can't "blame" me for that, can you?

That was A SUGGESTION, it was my advice to WG. They take it as they want but i know what i'm saying about the fact that some information should be consistent.

Again, as i said, my biggest complaint is related to that but it's not that. It's the fact that i pretty much feel like experimenting  captains as i was doing while WG is also "experimenting with AA and CVs mechanics. That's not such a crazy thing for WG to do and they won't get poor because of that. It's perfectly reasonable and i think it could even help as WG would know what changes captains are making and what they are trying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
18,877 posts
12,052 battles
39 minutes ago, MS_Surface said:

Yes i did and i really don't care about trying to notice the "habits" of WG or server reset hours as the only server reset i care about is when they mention it for whatever reason. I read the news articles and i play the game. If it says a date, i expect it. If they say they will reset the server at some hour, i take a note of that. I don't have to figure out habits, what the hell are you talking about? Maybe i don't care as much as you do, who knows, but you can't "blame" me for that, can you?

That was A SUGGESTION, it was my advice to WG. They take it as they want but i know what i'm saying about the fact that some information should be consistent.

Again, as i said, my biggest complaint is related to that but it's not that. It's the fact that i pretty much feel like experimenting  captains as i was doing while WG is also "experimenting with AA and CVs mechanics. That's not such a crazy thing for WG to do and they won't get poor because of that. It's perfectly reasonable and i think it could even help as WG would know what changes captains are making and what they are trying.

Maybe you care about the wrong things?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
345 posts
17 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Yes. A reminder has the job to remind you, not to give the detailed information of the announcement.

If you are not interested in more detailed information and just assume stuff, that is your personal problem.

 

It was:

  • announced in advance
  • announced in a dedicated announcement
  • discussed on the forum
  • announced on the forum that the time frame for resets would run out soon

I explained all of that but you are being "thicc" and very lazy for the sake of your crap argument.

I don't car about it. Is this better for you? I open the website and i go see the "latest" hotfix information. That's what matters the most to me in this moment and that's where it says "untill 11".

I am not making a big deal out of this but you are. You aren't the smartest guy in the block as you assume every player lives in the forum like you.

I never searched for debates about the deadline in the forum and this may come as a surprise for you but most of the time i really only come to the forum when i have some specific issue or if a link takes me here somehow.

B the amount of times i've said i don't really care about that "06:00" inconsistency that much, you are either "begging" to have an argument or you are blind. That was my suggestion to WG and i stick with it. I don't care much about what you think on that. I don't think i have to live in the forums to play the game. It's one hobby. A PC Game. It's the least important thing in my daily tasks. I'm not trashing it, but it's a warships game, not even a "reading" hobby.

But it's no wonder that you people know so much. With 15K posts in the forum and 11k battles, maybe you should start playing more and reply less as you are too focused on being that WG lawyer that works for free.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
345 posts
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

Maybe you care about the wrong things?

I care about a lot of things. I still have a lot of testing to do. I'll see you again when i come back to the forum, i'm sure.  Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
18,877 posts
12,052 battles
5 hours ago, MS_Surface said:

I am not making a big deal out of this but you are. ....

Did I start this topic or you?

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
345 posts
On 2/12/2019 at 4:42 AM, ColonelPete said:

Did I start this topic or you?

You didn't, You just overreacted to it, you ignorant.  Since when is a topic that starts with "Suggestion to WG" such a big deal? Hell are you from WG or are they paying you? Is this forum your daily occupation? Do you feel better being "noise" in other players topics? Are you trying to forget your frustrations? Trying to be "important"? Play more, post less or just do other stuff. Unless you're on WG payroll, you are working too much for free. Go create "noise" somewhere else. Go out with "humans" or stay home and have some xanax. Relax, get a life outside of these forums. Go hate your family or friends. Get the hell out of here you toxic crap.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
18,877 posts
12,052 battles
2 hours ago, MS_Surface said:

You didn't, You just overreacted to it, you ignorant.  Since when is a topic that starts with "Suggestion to WG" such a big deal? Hell are you from WG or are they paying you? Is this forum your daily occupation? Do you feel better being "noise" in other players topics? Are you trying to forget your frustrations? Trying to be "important"? Play more, post less or just do other stuff. Unless you're on WG payroll, you are working too much for free. Go create "noise" somewhere else. Go out with "humans" or stay home and have some xanax. Relax, get a life outside of these forums. Go hate your family or friends. Get the hell out of here you toxic crap.

Hmmm, look at my first post, look at your answer, look at your last post.

Who is overreacting? 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
345 posts
20 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Hmmm, look at my first post, look at your answer, look at your last post.

Who is overreacting? 

 

 

[EDITED]

Violated forum rules,

Moderator Boris_MNE

 

Edited by Boris_MNE
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
345 posts

Suggestion to WG regarding the captain skills

 

When someone says "from 10 to 11 o'clock" that means until 10:59 but when you talk about days, if you say "from whatever day to 11 Feb"  it means 11 is included. Even if it is to pay your taxes or electricity bill or for whatever you can think of.

I shouldn't have to explain this but when you go on vacation, say "8 to 11 Feb" on the 11 Feb you are still on vacation, right? If you have until 11 Feb to pay your taxes, you can pay your taxes the 11th Feb right?

 

Obviously, I still didn't made up my mind regarding skills configuration since WG still hasn't finished balancing CVs so skill reset should be free till WG finishes balancing them. I think the point is that captains know what's the state of AA and CVs and make a decision based on that. If WG itself still hasn't figured out those things, how can i chose a definitive skill config for any of my captains?

 

I know in a few weeks there will be another free reset but meanwhile, it should be free as i'm sure i'm not the only one doing "heavy testing" and trying out different builds. Apart from that, i have several upgrades in different ships, captains in ships that aren't supposed to... all because in your weird perception of "deadlines", you say "till 11" when you actually mean "till 10". I think WG should adopt the "system" that the rest of the world uses instead of misleading players.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×