Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
who_dares_wins

I must know WG too well...

9 comments in this topic

Players
344 posts
3,096 battles

This morning I was thinking to myself about how WG were going to balance the Neustrashimy, and my exact words in my head when I thought about it were:"They'll probably give it a superheal or something stupid like that."

It seems I know WG's balancing department too well.

Literally the same hour I thought this, this was posted.

This means that Neustrashimy can potentially heal 150% of its hp per match, and as a DD, it cannot take citpens, making it far easier to get the maximum potential out of the heal. This is obviously a bit too much durability for a ship with 5.5km concealment. It seems that we'll never get a steel ship that isn't at least borderline OP.

Players
5,473 posts
6,835 battles
5 minutes ago, who_dares_wins said:

This means that Neustrashimy can potentially heal 150% of its hp per match, and as a DD, it cannot take citpens, making it far easier to get the maximum potential out of the heal. This is obviously a bit too much durability for a ship with 5.5km concealment. It seems that we'll never get a steel ship that isn't at least borderline OP.

DDs also barely take fires and flooding, so if you lose all your hp to normal pens, you can likely print out 60% of your ship with repairs, then if you lose that you can repair 36% of your hp, after that 22%, then 13%. This basically limits you to 118% with 3 repairs (in case the ship is like Grozovoi and has only 1 charge base) or 131% if you actually get 2 charges base.

Yes, theoretically, you could get more from burning a lot, but realistically, you hardly lose anything to fires and it's far harder to minmax your repair party usage to always use it when you could get the most out of it. Given how much it repairs, you likely already are wasting repair potential on the second charge and definitely will be wasting it on the third.

Players
344 posts
3,096 battles
4 minutes ago, Seiranko said:

DDs also barely take fires and flooding, so if you lose all your hp to normal pens, you can likely print out 60% of your ship with repairs, then if you lose that you can repair 36% of your hp, after that 22%, then 13%. This basically limits you to 118% with 3 repairs (in case the ship is like Grozovoi and has only 1 charge base) or 131% if you actually get 2 charges base.

Yes, theoretically, you could get more from burning a lot, but realistically, you hardly lose anything to fires and it's far harder to minmax your repair party usage to always use it when you could get the most out of it. Given how much it repairs, you likely already are wasting repair potential on the second charge and definitely will be wasting it on the third.

DDs also take many overpens from BBs, which are 100% repairable.

Players
344 posts
3,096 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

That actually got changed down the line, and its repairable same as Penetrations are now.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Repair_Party_Data

Oh. Never mind then.

[BONI]
Players
1,249 posts
11,115 battles

I like the concept of a slightly underpowered DD that can soak up stupid amounts of damage and just be a reccurring headache all match long... but if it's going to be steel like I read, it might as well not exist until it's in my face on the enemy team. What is it with WG never releasing a high-tier premium DD for coal or FXP, but instead releasing 4 battlecruisers within a year?

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,279 posts
7,861 battles
12 minutes ago, MoveZig said:

What is it with WG never releasing a high-tier premium DD for coal or FXP, but instead releasing 4 battlecruisers within a year?

I guess they see BBs as their main player base.

Players
7,019 posts
8,826 battles
14 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

I guess they see BBs as their main player base.

I wonder if main playerbase would be fooled if WG would release battledestroyer:cap_hmm:

after all, if it "battle" it means stronk

Players
344 posts
3,096 battles
58 minutes ago, MoveZig said:

I like the concept of a slightly underpowered DD that can soak up stupid amounts of damage and just be a reccurring headache all match long... but if it's going to be steel like I read, it might as well not exist until it's in my face on the enemy team. What is it with WG never releasing a high-tier premium DD for coal or FXP, but instead releasing 4 battlecruisers within a year?

It's a nice concept, but think about it in practice: You're in the middle of a DD knife fight with this thing and you're both dropping health quite fast, but you're winning because your ship fires faster and you are aiming better. Suddenly, he just heals back to nearly full HP because "*edited you, I win" and then kills you. That isn't fun to play against. The idea of a low-dpm DD that's very tanky already exists, the Z-39. It's a lot less extreme in both its strengths and weaknesses, and is much better balanced and fun to play against as a result.

Sign in to follow this