Yaskaraxx

Carriers at present state? - is "catering planes for easy turkey shootings to enemy AA"

9 comments in this topic

Players
879 posts
20,296 battles
...at present state ALL yr planes are shot out of the sky fully automatically by AA far too easily. I am playing Ryujo (VI) + Shokaku (VIII) atm but i stopped playing carriers, you loose yr planes too incredibly fast (even if you play it well). I noticed EVEN T6 ships can shredder all my planes so very fast and so easily. Other ship classes doing far over 35 shoot-down??...and all fully automatically. The damage done by my cv's is so bad (low) that I noticed even my destroyers just doing some gun-shooting (say, 3x salvo) do better damage than my carriers in whole full battle. You REALY feel yourself as kind of "catering planes for turkey shooting" to enemy ships. I have np making other players happy, but i myself also want at least to have some fun, i get none. Absolutely no fun at all. I gave it a true try, but no, this is not playable, at present state that is. Sacrifyce 9x planes in one strike to do some 2K damage??? (= if yr lucky, that is...)...loosing all yr planes in strike?? Come on, be reasonable (my dd's do more damage in 15 secs shootings). Last, "repair of planes"???...i mean you loose planes so incredibly fast due to fully automatic AA. yet, one has to wait sooooo long to get some planes back??? And, even when dropping bombs + rockets the right way I notice so much RNG-misses (often all missing!) while yr 6-9 planes almost all the time get shot out of the skies ALL. No, this is fully unplayable atm. I stop playing the carriers. I will not get rid of them yet, but will be awaiting hot-fixes + fine-tunings (balances) for a while.

I am a very optimistic and positive minded player, always,  but now, here, my honest opinion is: no, carriers unplayable and no fun whatsoever to play, is kind of doing hard forced labour whitout getting even some kind of rewards for it: you get nothing out of it, totally nothing. Yeah, you make enemy players happy, but come on, I am also a kind of selfish person/player: I also wanna have some fun/entertainment myself, yeah?

At the same time i 100% realize we NEED PLANES in WoWS otherwise we end up having a boring almost full stationary game (= ships hiding behind islands for some 15 minutes same place) and I for one do not like to see such (= battles without planes in it would be too dull, no fun, boring, slow-paced, no "peppers in it" lol). Such stationary play would for sure push me out of playing this game any longer (= when it is too stationary & immense slow paced, without any planes in battle, that is: we need the planes, that is for sure(!!). This game needs more vibrancy (=planes + submarines later on as extra "tricky pepper engredient"), a faster-pace of play and more balance----> means we need the planes, that is for sure, no doubt, they just have to be fine-tuned now, balanced.

So, I am not gonna play carriers for time being TILL the next hot-fixes (fine-tunings) arrive. No doubt in my mind WG will succeed balancing it all in near future, they always do great, that is for sure. Those people are simply great and i myself experienced that are from start i went playing this great game, always. So me, I am gonna wait a bit as far as carriers are concerned.:cap_popcorn:

Players
879 posts
20,296 battles

updating my earlier comment #1: today we had 2nd hotfix with regard to carriers <---> AA-defense...I played some battles and yeah, realy makes playing the Shokaku (VIII) far more pleasant!!! great job done by WG!!! we now are getting there, step-by-step!!! Gameplay for Shokaku (VIII) went far better (= my planes have better play now, don't get shot down in sky instantly any more)) , is now real nice playing it!:cap_like:

Players
17 posts
11,476 battles
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:02 PM, DeletedUser said:

updating my earlier comment #1: today we had 2nd hotfix with regard to carriers <---> AA-defense...I played some battles and yeah, realy makes playing the Shokaku (VIII) far more pleasant!!! great job done by WG!!! we now are getting there, step-by-step!!! Gameplay for Shokaku (VIII) went far better (= my planes have better play now, don't get shot down in sky instantly any more)) , is now real nice playing it!:cap_like:

pls try T10 ….. huntıng contınue… all planes paper and all flak very strong

[ITA_C]
Players
251 posts
6,877 battles
34 minutes ago, nurtacmc said:

pls try T10 ….. huntıng contınue… all planes paper and all flak very strong

They Said that are aware The nerd goes too far but still want to collect enought data for The next hotfix but do not expect a big buff They are somehow content with the actual impact of the cv's

[DREAD]
Players
5,721 posts
5,205 battles
1 hour ago, Torped1ne said:

They Said that are aware The nerd goes too far but still want to collect enought data for The next hotfix but do not expect a big buff They are somehow content with the actual impact of the cv's

Hard to believe. 

After 0.8.0 it took only a few days to nerf the CVs into the ground because the whiners were loud enough.

Doing reasonable Flak-nerfs now will take ages I’m afraid if ever.

I think WG is really spoiling all the hard work they put into the rework with poor balance and stupidly  overbuffed Flak. 

[HOUSE]
Players
214 posts
4,508 battles

Have only been playing the Langley so far and had the "catering planes" feeling today against a Texas. Tried using rockets, torpedoes, bombs but my squad was wiped before I could reach him and with him as last target, what was I supposed to do, he was more or less immune. 

I think we are slowly getging there but WG must find some kind of balance at higher tiers and then implement it at lower tiers as well, there are still plenty balance to be done. But getting it rigth at T10 will give them balancing guidelines for lower tiers I hope so they to can be fun and engaging.

As it is now I play a farming damage game and am getting bored of CV since it is so much harder getting those 1000+ exp games in T4 CV. 

I believe that CV would be better of with single attacks containing more and faster planes and treat then like guided shells, which would equal faster rate of fire the closer the CV is located. Camping CVs getting lower damahe output and aggresive gets faster rate pf planes and more potential damage output. 

Players
58 posts
3,260 battles

Easy fix for the lazy, without touching any mechanic.

Give aircraft at least 5x HP.

You simply can't fight hardened steel with wet tissue.

Serious fixes for reasonable people:

Inability to buff ship AA in any way - you got what you've got - same as us.

Triple aircraft HP - We got zero armor, the attached Captain skills are laughable at best.

Historically correct attack patterns and speeds. 

Manual AA control or at least mandatory 4 sector AA instead of 2.

Dual purpose guns only fire at one target at a time.

AA not being able to fire through solid matter.

No Flak bursts for ships without long range AA.

Adjustable altitude and speed. 

The return of rear gunners.

French carriers with Entendards, sporting Exocet missiles. :Smile-_tongue: 

To get a view of both sides, I took my Minotaur for a few games.

Fully AA, premium consumables, at first.

2 CVs . . keep an eye on the sky, fingers hovering over def AA and smoke.

Turns out, all of this is was unnecessary - I can simply ignore them.

Not a single one ever got into firing range, I slaughtered them without even paying attention.

Ok, lets try a DD with bad AA.

The rockets only tickled and I got most of them, bombs can never hit and the torps are basically mines.

Yes, they spotted me for a short time , so what ?

As it is now, planes are similar to shells. Once launched, they are as good as gone.

I still got TST V 7.10 on my box - from last year.

All these months of testing, reworking and hotfixing and then THIS ?

What makes it even worse, is that there are zero replies from WG after the last hotfix disaster. 

Wasn't it them, who claimed to take their time and VERY carefully examine everything to avoid further mistakes ?

I reckon they took their time in the local pub and avoided mistakes by not doing too much.

One can't help but wonder if they simply lost interest.

• Cool 1

Players
1 post
206 battles

WG not only destroys the Plane carrier game styl. They have even erased my Tier 4 and 5 carriers....What a surprise when  i see i can only buy my T4 carrier. Now i have to start again saving exp for a T6 carrier because my t5 carrier's exp  have been ereased aswell....
What a DMM joke is that GW?!

Players
1 post

I just deleted my CVN because it's weaponry (eg. planes) were pretty much useless. Dive bombers shot down before getting even remotely close to a battleship and so on.

There are lots of posts about super AA vs. paper planes, but the travel time is annoying as well. Getting to a viable target + positioning yourself to have a remote chance of making a succesful attack run takes forever. Any other ship can dish out a lot of damage in the same time frame. And the damage is ridiculously low.

This needs a bit more re-re-working??