Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
sgtmarple

CV play - New Player Perspective (learn from EvE Online)

23 comments in this topic

Players
202 posts
917 battles

Hello all,

as the tiitle says, I'm quite new to WoWs . Yes I have made this account a while back but only the last 2 days I really started getting into it and it is because of the new CV gameplay.

Now I grinded myself up to the Hosho a couple of months back and played the RTS Version but was kinda disapointed  they had removed manual dropping from Tier 4, so I stopped playing. As I said before, I started playing again two days ago because of the CV rework and here are my impressions as a new  and noob player.

I personally enjoy the general feel of the gameplay more than the detached RTS Version, you are more in the thick of it....but the expierence on the Tier 4 Hosho is a bit mixed. After a couple of hours of training in coop I generally got a hang for it, knew the maps, where to position my CV etc.

If I get matched up in a Tier 4 battle, it seems balanced to me. I do arround 30-45k damage sink one or maybe two ships. AA is okayish...it really depends on the ships. I can do at least two runs, three if the RNG gods are on my side. You can't be wastefull in Tier4 CV because you can be deplaned as I noticed in the early matches. So normally after two runs I press F to make sure I get one set of planes back.

However, you are not a primary striker. A BB can delete a Cruiser with some heavy citadel hits. I generally manage to get citadel hits on a BB with AP Bombers but it really doesen't make a dent. Same goes with Torps, I rarely have 3 hits because of the AA and almost never see flooding. Rockets are a mixed bag. Useless against BB , sometimes usefull against cruisers and if the DD isn't stupid he will easily dodge at least one attack run out of two, since that is all you get on the Hosho. It is quite hard to spot DDs, some can only be spottet by air withing 3km, so the clever DD player switch off their AA and manage to sneak past quite easy if they avoid chokepoints.  All in all in a Tier 4 I think it is balanced and I don't find myself on the bottom of the team ranking, mostly somewhere arround the middle.

Everything changes if I enter a Tier 5 match wiith the Hosho. 

Oh boy, the 30-45k damage drop to 6-7k damage. The only ship class I'm able to attack are DDs with rockets  but since I only have two runs and  they are so much faster, I prefer to stay on top of them so that my team can shoot them. In early game, if the DD isn't stupid he stays close to a cruiser and then it just a matter of seconds before i get deleted. Since Tier 4 planes are so slow it can take up to 1 Minute before I'm in a position to help the team. Somewhere arround midgame I start taking out the torp bombers which means roughly 1 torp per minute, since after the first run I get deleted by AA. Basically if you are in a Hosho and you get a Tier 5 match , try to be in the air as long as possible and shout :" OVER HERE! SHOOT THIS PLZ!".  I once managed to break 30k in a Tier 5 game. I was the last ship and a Kongo? and two other cruisers were chasing me down.  Oh, and funny thing, don't try to bomb a Kaiser from behind without boost, it will literally outrun your bomb run, true story.

So what do I think?

I like the concept, I like the feel of AA and exploding arround me but I really miss some kind of gameplay element to be able to avoid AA. Some kind of skill. Somewhere someone wrote that AA basically sets up a DOT as soon you enter the bubble...that is really meh

How can EvE Online help?

I've been playing EvE Online for 9 years and when it comes to PvP is shares some similarities with WoW. It is of course way more complex but one example out of EvE might work in WoWs.

In EvE, if I fly a Destroyer and I want to attack a Cruiser, I cannot fly straight at him or he will blast me out of the sky (space in this case). In order to avoid his bigger guns I have to approach him in an angle of 45 to 60 degrees. The idea is to have a higher transversal velocity than the turning rate of his Guns and so avoid his damage. Once I get close enough I choose a close orbit, keep my transversal high and shoot him without him able to hit me. In order to avoid that the Cruiser must compensate for the turning rate of his guns by using speed and his positioning , that is why as the Destroyer, it is important for me to constantly change my angle of attack otherwise my transversal speed drops and the Cruiser Guns hit me.

Now a more simplify version of this could be used with AA. It would reward CV players who know the enemy ships and how fast their AA can turn or aquire targets. It would reward skilled piloting. For the Surface Player it would give them another possibilty to fine tune their positioning  and add a new skill without adding another gameplay element in form of UI etc.

Anyways, is not a fleshed out concept and I just wanted to shre my 2cents

P.S only another 28k XP to go for fixed wing planes, woohoo!

• Cool 2

Players
183 posts
11,672 battles

Hey :) 
I was playing EvE online about 10 years ago 
But eventually i quit it after 2 years and then i played again from time to time but in the end i left for good. 
I used to be in Northern Coalition back then in it's big war against the Band of Brothers. 
The thing is that although i was liking that game's vast universe and completely player driven economy etc ii just never managed to master the UI and especialy during fights due to the fact that i was shaking due to overexcitement  and due to the hard to use UI + lag i was getting owned in battles all the time. Also i just couldn't bare the losses when you would lose a ship it needed lots of grinding to raise funds and get an equally capable one with T2 modules etc In the end became a chore. When several years after i happened to watch a video for World of Warships my immediate thought was "now i wish Eve online was like this" and now i am here playing this game for the past 3-4 years... 
Perhaps it would be nice if there could be a game called World of Warships Universe and be at some paraller space where ships would travel among the stars into the "astral seabed" so that space would be a special space where traveling would happen on a flat "astral seabed" with portals like in EvE online connecting the various sectors with Space Stations(markets) goods to buy and sell, player's driven economy but the battle would be like World of Warships at its core! 
So i just throw the idea here now myself perhaps someone with the computer expertise could create such a world sometime in the future. The idea ofc is free to use by anyone  :)

As for what you suggested i think it would create lag to have the server to calculate the motion of the planes compared to the relative motion of the AA on a moving target and calculate the likelihood of the formers (AA guns) be able to hit the latter (planes) also because in World of Warships the AA is acting more like a field around the ship and not like individual guns. And let's not forget that in actual warfare turning the AA guns to hit an actual aeroplane in the real world wasn't that hard since the aeroplane would fly up high and the relative trajectory speed would remain always small.

Players
384 posts
8,597 battles
2 hours ago, sgtmarple said:

So what do I think? I like the concept, I like the feel of AA and exploding around me but I really miss some kind of gameplay element to be able to avoid AA. Some kind of skill. Somewhere someone wrote that AA basically sets up a DOT as soon you enter the bubble...that is really meh.

I also started with the Hosho after the rework, and first did about a dozen rounds in co-op to get a hang of it. I then moved to randoms, and after another dozen rounds or so I started to do OK. I had more and more games where I could carry. It comes quite quickly if you've played the other ship types, since you instinctively know what exactly would suck if you were at the receiving end of your attack, torpedo or dive bombing run.

Like you say, the CV gameplay is somewhat simplistic. I feel like there could be more things that the player has control over. But it's also clear that by keeping the mechanics initially simple it's easier to balance. Also, the big picture of CV gameplay are not the attack runs but map awareness, more so than any other class. You can cover the whole map real quick compared to anybody else on your team, with different kinds of planes. So it's really important not to get fixated with one target, but always keep in mind what's actually the smartest thing to do next. Often you can easily do something that nobody else on your team can.

That being said, once I moved from Hosho to Ryujo I really started to enjoy the gameplay more. Your planes are quicker, so everything happens quicker. Your torpedo runs are made by two planes, and landing both torps on the target is more challenging. Some of the AA you'll face is murderous, and best avoided altogether. Finally, you have the fighter consumable. The tier 4's are good for getting familiar with the new CV gameplay, due to the very relaxed pace, but I think most people will eventually find the fun at higher tiers.

In general I really like the rework, and I think it's good for the game. Battles with planes were always more interesting than the ones without, so if the CV's become more popular I think it's good. The 0.8.0.1 hot fix quickly addressed the worst balance issues, and it seems like 0.8.0.2 will be just about right considering what can easily be tuned with the current mechanics. Also, to address the most common gripe about the rework: I don't have any significant issues enjoying my DD's -- they just play different from before.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,508 posts
11,466 battles
On 2/11/2019 at 2:23 AM, sgtmarple said:

Now a more simplify version of this could be used with AA. It would reward CV players who know the enemy ships and how fast their AA can turn or aquire targets. It would reward skilled piloting. For the Surface Player it would give them another possibilty to fine tune their positioning  and add a new skill without adding another gameplay element in form of UI etc.

Actually, you got mistaken about the game mechanics and since you managed to have favorable results, your false impression got reinforced. Basically, the AA guns don't turn and don't acquire targets the way you seem to believe they do. There are three factors:

1. The AA auras (short, middle and long-range though not all ships have all three and the distance boundaries for each can differ between ships) that deal continuous damage to your planes. This can't be avoided - if your planes are within specific distance from a ship and are spotted, they are receiving damage from the relevant aura)

2. The flak. These are the black bursts that appear in front of your planes when you're within long- or medium-range aura of a ship capable of producing these bursts. And - now this is important - the flak bursts spawn more-or-less in front of your planes at more-or-less the right distance for your planes to fly right through them. If you maneuver (turn a lot, use speed boost to accelerate or decelerate, enter attack run to drop the altitude on rocket planes or torpedo bombers) that lets you avoid the flak bursts pretty reliably, SIGNIFICANTLY reducing the damage you would've suffered had you flown into them.

3. Sector reinforcement. This is the closest to "turning the AA guns" WoWs has - and, basically, you pick the side of your ship (180 degree half-circles on right or left) you want to focus your AA on. How severe the focus is (and how long it takes to change the side or go to neutral 100:100) depends on the ship class and captain skills. For a BB without Manual AA skill changing the reinforced sector takes a lot of time and the distribution becomes 75:125. A DD by default has 50:150 and much faster flipping time - and if you add Manual AA skill it goes up all the way to 20:180, making it possible for DD AA to be somewhat relevant despite base values being much lower than BBs and cruisers.

But, back to the issue at hand. Your tactic can give you certain effects - but that's a coincidence. Basically:

1. There are quite a few ships with weaker short-range AA DPS than medium-range one - getting close to them lowers the damage you take

2. Short-range AA doesn't create flak (though there are ship that don't have short-range aura at all and their medium-range aura starts very close to the ship)

3. By turning a lot to keep over/close to your target you might be accidentally avoiding any flak spawned against your squadron even without realizing the threat it poses

4. If you happen to fight someone that actively uses sector reinforcement, then yes, circling around and being unpredictably on one or the other side of the enemy might actually be making his efforts to maximize AA useless. Still, I wouldn't expect many people at low tier to make good use of AA sector reinforcement, especially since there are no AA DDs down there and few people have captains with a lot of skill points to spend on manual AA that would make sector reinforcement more relevand and not as slow as it by default is on BBs and even cruisers.

PS:

In fact, the "destroyer vs bigger targets" tactics you described happen to be much more applicable not to planes but... well. Destroyers. A fast DD that for some reason gets close to a battleship (most likely trying to ambush the latter with torps) can actually become a pretty nasty target by sailing around the BB much faster than the guns can turn - especially when BB is for some reason not capable of adding the hull turn to the equation. Not to mention that small (low) targets like DDs can be hard not only to track but even aim for as short distances, since most people are used to aiming in binocular mode that severely restricts your ability to lower your guns when fighting point-blank... and even if someone knows that they CAN aim lower if they exit binocular view, it is simply harder to do because you receive less help from the game if you do so.

• Cool 2

[SKIDZ]
Players
837 posts

Cruisers in eve have the ability to load out smaller guns and missiles to negate any destroyer shenanigans 

[NWP]
Players
2,152 posts
13,835 battles

EVE is a game set on a 3 dimensional board.

WOWs is set on a 2 dimensional board.

Yes I know, the planes don't fly in the water, but you don't have a control over your altitude. The only times you can change this is when initiating an attack run and when going over islands. And from what I got from WG when they introduced this: they don't see their playerbase as a group of people capable of doing complicated stuff. So altitide control won't happen (not with planes, and not by letting ppl manually control their AA).

• Cool 1

Players
202 posts
917 battles
Vor 3 Stunden, eliastion sagte:

Actually, you got mistaken about the game mechanics and since you managed to have favorable results, your false impression got reinforced. Basically, the AA guns don't turn and don't acquire targets the way you seem to believe they do. There are three factors:

1. The AA auras (short, middle and long-range though not all ships have all three and the distance boundaries for each can differ between ships) that deal continuous damage to your planes. This can't be avoided - if your planes are within specific distance from a ship and are spotted, they are receiving damage from the relevant aura)

2. The flak. These are the black bursts that appear in front of your planes when you're within long- or medium-range aura of a ship capable of producing these bursts. And - now this is important - the flak bursts spawn more-or-less in front of your planes at more-or-less the right distance for your planes to fly right through them. If you maneuver (turn a lot, use speed boost to accelerate or decelerate, enter attack run to drop the altitude on rocket planes or torpedo bombers) that lets you avoid the flak bursts pretty reliably, SIGNIFICANTLY reducing the damage you would've suffered had you flown into them.

3. Sector reinforcement. This is the closest to "turning the AA guns" WoWs has - and, basically, you pick the side of your ship (180 degree half-circles on right or left) you want to focus your AA on. How severe the focus is (and how long it takes to change the side or go to neutral 100:100) depends on the ship class and captain skills. For a BB without Manual AA skill changing the reinforced sector takes a lot of time and the distribution becomes 75:125. A DD by default has 50:150 and much faster flipping time - and if you add Manual AA skill it goes up all the way to 20:180, making it possible for DD AA to be somewhat relevant despite base values being much lower than BBs and cruisers.

Yes, you are right I didn't consider that. My main Problem is that AA doesen't work as WG said it would. I do wiggle about, change speed etc and I almost always get to do at least one attack run. However it is after the run I loose most of my planes. No matter how I fly, the AA gets me. In Tier 5 I loose all my planes during a attack run while doing the attack run. They can be all green and while diving they go boom! :-D  Maybe instead of setting just a reinforced a Sector, they could expand it to the aruas. Lets say you are in your BB and you are hugging an Island and your backboard side is another Islands just 5 km away. Instead of reinforcing the Backboard AA you could decide to reinforce the midrange AA of that Sector, once you have open sea agaon on your backboard side you could decide to reinforce long range AA etc.

Vor 1 Stunde, chazwozza sagte:

Cruisers in eve have the ability to load out smaller guns and missiles to negate any destroyer shenanigans 

Very true, Cruisers can be Destroyers and Frig killers, but I really needed to dumb down the example so that non EvE players could understand :-)

Players
202 posts
917 battles
Vor 6 Stunden, pali_tz1f0s sagte:

As for what you suggested i think it would create lag to have the server to calculate the motion of the planes compared to the relative motion of the AA on a moving target and calculate the likelihood of the formers (AA guns) be able to hit the latter (planes) also because in World of Warships the AA is acting more like a field around the ship and not like individual guns. And let's not forget that in actual warfare turning the AA guns to hit an actual aeroplane in the real world wasn't that hard since the aeroplane would fly up high and the relative trajectory speed would remain always small. 

You are right, but WoWs is already quite accardish and the calculations are already in game, I mean ships shoot projectiles. Secondary batteries don't work with arruas or dots do they ?

[O-P-C]
Players
408 posts
8,855 battles
4 hours ago, 159Hunter said:

EVE is a game set on a 3 dimensional board.

WOWs is set on a 2 dimensional board.

Yes I know, the planes don't fly in the water, but you don't have a control over your altitude. The only times you can change this is when initiating an attack run and when going over islands. And from what I got from WG when they introduced this: they don't see their playerbase as a group of people capable of doing complicated stuff. So altitide control won't happen (not with planes, and not by letting ppl manually control their AA).

you could change plane altitude in old navyfield in rts view from 15yrs ago for better interdiction, and ships had manual AA and you had to calculate angles which also depended on the guns you mounted on your ship not only planes altitude.

Players
183 posts
11,672 battles
On 2/11/2019 at 2:33 PM, Azalgor said:

*edited

Well since you provoked me i answer that yeah it must need a big brain to use farming bots so that you can afford to "fly what yout bot can replace" This is a common practice in that game hidden carefully behind the glamorous intro traillers. Not to speak of bots manipulating the market and no matter how often you set your prices lower the bot automaticaly outcuts you. Fun and engaging must be... As for the battles themselves apart from the huge lag and the bad UI that work against you, they didn't bother to change anything in all these years... the main problem is that it's never a fair fight. It's usually an ambush were 5 people go against one. At least in world of warshps the odds are always starting even. Since both sides have equal number of ships and tiers.  So in Eve yeah you have the option to fly what you can afford and die miserably in the rare situation it will be 1 vs 1, because your foe can afford more, or fly what you can't afford in hope of a better chance of survival but fall victim to ambushes like this. Gradually though sane people abandon that terrible game called Eve on line that could have been great but fails due to this and that. But it is good that it exists so that it keeps there the most terrible people. So that the other games can be free of them most of the time. Now i did not want to speak about all these grim stufff but since you provoking me here is the whole picture. 

[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
903 posts
6,230 battles

Yeah, WoWs is simplistic compared to EvE. However, more factors are added by the devs as time goes by - As a CV is great to circle mountains, shoot rockets in to max distance at the top of a hill, being superfast ( Tier 10 ) to get out of the reach of AA, chain rocket 3 ships in a row, plopping down defender planes with afterburner and such.

I've seen torpedos go across the entire map, once my game started with the CV underwater...Currently, I find it sad that rockets just die and get erased if they are shot from the very high mountains at ships as a sniper shot. But this is all tier 10 stuff, the grind from the lower tiers is a long way. IMHO its worth it :)

In my opinion, CV`s now can play and feel like in WorldInConflict(Air Support). WiC was a legendary multiplayer experience.

I'm looking forward to Submarines, getting some SilentHunter touch into the game :)

Perhaps a little tip: If one is in a 2v2 or 3v3 CV match - Stay close with the other CV. If the other team has a Quake CV player he can sometimes slam the lower tier CV to bits.

My this week favorite, riding along as dual flak station :D The collision bells were ringing nonstop.

894:55 haha !

This is how the game really looks in reality...

image.thumb.png.0b66d9023cbaa154f78edee40fecf8fc.png

[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
903 posts
6,230 battles

Your first post is an insult, talking of hate and you are recommending others to stop playing the game. Are you the pride of the World of Warships community?

Insults are no good community behavior - Reported.

Does your clan support offending behavior? Shouldn't you be able to do better?

On 2/12/2019 at 7:22 AM, pali_tz1f0s said:

*edited 

Edited by flashmove_iron
  • Funny 1

Players
183 posts
11,672 battles
On 2/12/2019 at 7:57 AM, puffpuff134 said:

Your first post is an insult, talking of hate and you are recommending others to stop playing the game. Are you the pride of the World of Warships community?

Insults are no good community behavior - Reported.

Does your clan support offending behavior? Shouldn't you be able to do better?

*edited

• Funny 2

Players
4,050 posts
8,804 battles
6 hours ago, puffpuff134 said:

Yeah, WoWs is simplistic compared to EvE. However, more factors are added by the devs as time goes by - As a CV is great to circle mountains, shoot rockets in to max distance at the top of a hill, being superfast ( Tier 10 ) to get out of the reach of AA, chain rocket 3 ships in a row, plopping down defender planes with afterburner and such.

I've seen torpedos go across the entire map, once my game started with the CV underwater...Currently, I find it sad that rockets just die and get erased if they are shot from the very high mountains at ships as a sniper shot. But this is all tier 10 stuff, the grind from the lower tiers is a long way. IMHO its worth it :)

In my opinion, CV`s now can play and feel like in WorldInConflict(Air Support). WiC was a legendary multiplayer experience.

I'm looking forward to Submarines, getting some SilentHunter touch into the game :)

Perhaps a little tip: If one is in a 2v2 or 3v3 CV match - Stay close with the other CV. If the other team has a Quake CV player he can sometimes slam the lower tier CV to bits.

My this week favorite, riding along as dual flak station :D The collision bells were ringing nonstop.

894:55 haha !

This is how the game really looks in reality...

image.thumb.png.0b66d9023cbaa154f78edee40fecf8fc.png

No camos? :Smile_hiding: This is training room?

[TOXIC]
Players
4,508 posts
11,466 battles
1 hour ago, pali_tz1f0s said:

And btw, I reported you already mister "beta tester" CAUSE YOU HAD THE NERVE to come here and ill-talk about World of Warships into the official forums of World of Warships.. I wonder how you are not fired yet...  
I never seen in my life a "beta tester" of a game speaking badly about the game he is doing this work in the very forums of that game and considering it "simplistic" compared to another game. I hope you get fired soon and i advise you to show a little more respect to your next employer on your next job. 

...you don't have the faintest idea what a beta tester is, do you :fish_aqua:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
183 posts
11,672 battles
23 minutes ago, eliastion said:

...you don't have the faintest idea what a beta tester is, do you :fish_aqua:

Beta tester is someone who is supposed to love this game and is under WG supervisory with the task to test new ships or seek bugs and propose ways to balance or fix anything not in order. 
Beta tester is not someone who should undermine the game he is supposed to be beta-testing cause this breaks the no1 rule which is that is supposed to love the game he is beta-testing and that is why he would do this work. So it's one thing if an enraged player talks bad of the game and uses terms as "simplistic" and other negative terms like this compairing it with some other supposingly "deeper" game on his point of view and to have the nerve to do this on the very official forums of the game, because such an action when it comes from someone like this counts more. Beta tester is more part of the family compaired to an outsider. It's one thing if an outsider says something not in order and its completely worse if this comes out of a beta tester that is exactly a person with direct contact to developer's team that supposedly is caring for the game and that is why he is having this "tester" role. 

So if that person things so low about World of Warships he shouldn't be doing this "job" he should go do something else

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
4,234 posts
1,275 battles

No, @pali_tz1f0s Beta Testers are absolutely normal people/players not at all affiliated with Wargaming. They are not working for us, nor are they testing anything for us.

It simply means that they got access to the game before the game was released. Same applies to Alpha Testers. (usually the flow for a game is Closed Alpha -> Closed Beta -> Open Beta -> Release).

Before release they contributed to the game tests, yes, but they are not employed at WG and never were.

If someone who is working at Wargaming is posting on the forums, they have the red "WG Staff" group or "WG Team" group.

We do have an external group of testers called "Supertesters", but they are also free to state their opinion about the game.

When it comes to the initial topic: the AA already does work in a way that somewhat encourages the mentioned "Eve cruiser playstyle". Dodging/maneuvering helps with avoiding damage with your planes. Check out this thread for more details:

Having played both games myself, I wouldn't say that you can compare Eve and WoWs. The games are vastly different and have very different features enabling certain tactics.

Also: Test Alliance, Best Alliance!

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,508 posts
11,466 battles

Beta tester is someone who is supposed to love this game

Not a requirement.

and is under WG supervisory

Not the case.

with the task to test new ships or seek bugs and propose ways to balance or fix anything not in order.

Nope, no task. Feedback is welcome, of course (since the purpose of having beta tests is to iron things out and get the game ready for full release) but there's no obligation to provide it.

Now, going to the second paragraph:

Beta tester is not someone who should undermine the game he is supposed to be beta-testing cause this breaks the no1 rule which is that is supposed to love the game he is beta-testing and that is why he would do this work.

Well, it's not work, for starters. It's just playing the game in the beta-test stage. And just like players playing the released game can (and do) talk sh*t about said game - so can (and do) beta-testers.

So it's one thing if an enraged player talks bad of the game and uses terms as "simplistic" and other negative terms like this compairing it with some other supposingly "deeper" game on his point of view and to have the nerve to do this on the very official forums of the game, because such an action when it comes from someone like this counts more.

Again, a beta tester is simply a player and the only way his outrage might "count more" is by virtue of being with the game longer than people who only came to the game after closed beta ended. Also, the guy in question didn't really sound particularly outraged and calling certain mechanics simplistic isn't inherently an insult. WoWs is simplistic. It is, at its core, an arcade game about naval warfare. There most definitely are other, more realistic, "deeper" and whatnot games - which doesn't make them better, though. Or worse, for that matter. It makes them a different genre.

Beta tester is more part of the family compaired to an outsider.

Nope, not really. Beta tester has just been around longer than most. Of course, being around for a long time can cause many people to have some sense of camaraderie and some deeper affinity with the game but - at the end of the day - they are just (to make a non-gaming comparison) the regulars that are coming to the pub since it was first open with unfinished decor. Or, in fact, they might be people who came a couple times then and just returned recently to complain that it was better back then :Smile-_tongue:

It's one thing if an outsider says something not in order and its completely worse if this comes out of a beta tester that is exactly a person with direct contact to developer's team that supposedly is caring for the game and that is why he is having this "tester" role. 

Nope. Beta testers have as much contact to developer's team as you do. And, in fact, they don't actually have any role whatsoever. The closed beta was years ago. People who played it have a special patch they can use, special commemorative flag they can hoist, Arkansas Beta if they haven't sold it and a honorary "beta tester" group on the Forum if they posted here during beta tests. That's it.

So if that person things so low about World of Warships he shouldn't be doing this "job" he should go do something else

Well, as already mentioned: being a beta tester ended when the game went live (unless you get too stuck on the fact that it technically was released as "open beta" and the version we're at is still 0.8.XXXX - so it would seem that we are actually still in open beta - technically making everyone playing the game now a beta tester as well :Smile_trollface: ).

TL;DR: You are wrong about everything that concerns beta testers. A beta tester is just the player that took part in the closed beta stage of the game. This was possible by acquiring a closed beta key in some way (mostly either request it on the webpage and wait patiently/get lucky or purchase one of the starting packages that contained a premium ship, a closed beta access and some doublons, if I'm not mistaken). And a "beta tester" on the Forum is a player that was a beta tester (played in the closed beta) AND also actively used the forum (as in, wrote a post or two during the beta test period).

• Cool 1

[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
903 posts
6,230 battles
On 2/12/2019 at 11:29 AM, pali_tz1f0s said:

*edited

Insulting forum users seem to be a systematic pattern,

shouldn't drug related posting be something for such websites ( addiction treatment etc. ) ?

Also you are trying to bully users from posting in this forum, reported.

Players
183 posts
11,672 battles
20 hours ago, puffpuff134 said:

Insulting forum users seem to be a systematic pattern,

shouldn't drug related posting be something for such websites ( addiction treatment etc. ) ?

Also you are trying to bully users from posting in this forum, reported.

1) Well i was insulted FIRST (i never started it ) by him (Azalgor) and just replied to him. And in fact his post was removed as offensive because such it was ! So in your judgment against me you were wrong. He started with the claims of this game (world of warships) being "simplistic" in order to offend ME. That i play simplistic games therefore ---> i am a simpleton
2) So i replied to him aka "Azalgor" 
3) And then YOU wrote immediately after actually accepting his(Azalgor's) offensive argument,the one that has been removed as such,  (go up the thread and check for yourself) and then you went ahead saying other things...(undermining this game that has glitches etc) Or so it seemed. So it was seeming as if siding with him so your post seemed to me (and i think that anyone can see it) as an indirect insult.  Well on my part i never experienced any visual bugs or such things in my computer could be a hardware problem yours? Can't be sure. (now that second part of your reply was irrelevant with my turbulation with Azalgor), but it seemed too negative to come out from a beta-tester which in my notion was (the beta tester) something different from what it is actually in this game, but then i was explained what a beta-tester for World of Warships really is and that in fact the title is awarded even in not current beta testers as long as they once were beta testers. 
So in this whole matter you are in the "grey zone" yourself , don't think that you fooled anyone and don't point fingers on me about bullying etc. I never start bulling,it is not my type of person, on the contrary i am quite lovish. But i always react when thrown the glove and if i am to blame for something could be that "when someone throws me the glove i always pick it up"  (it's a greek expression that , i don't know if it makes sense in English but it means "when provoked i always will reply and might also get it to the extreem but i never start with these things, it's always a re-action never an action") 

So me being wrong about what a beta tester is in this game and how one obtains or preserves the title of betatester in these forums , on these i may have been mistaken but don't think that you can fool anyone. 

So to recapitalize Algazor started this , he offended me FIRST, his post was removed, you wrote afterwards backing him up indirectly and then i reported you for unsuitable negativity for your role as beta tester (in which part- but only on THAT part i was wrong since you may not even be a beta tester any more but you preserve the forum tittle because you once were, let alone that i was explained that the beta tester in general is not close to the team anyway so in THIS i was wrong so my report against you for that can not stand) But your interference there after Algazor's post (i think it is obvious to everyone) was a way to indirectly take sides with my offender Algazor. And that is why i took a negative stance against you. Cause you sided with my offender or i felt that you did since you repeated one of his claims about this game aka being simplistic, so it was as if "nodding" on his other claims against me as well. 

I hope i made things more clear now to everyone.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,780 posts
20,354 battles

..... don't wet ur pants guys.... on a sidenote: whoever gets offended by "brilliant" internetZ forum users may not should frequent forums too often. bloodpressure approves :Smile_great:!

in particualr this goes for such users as the one who might "started" it. it's on others to end it, as such people simply can't. and the one in question is most probably one of the biggest lowbobs me personally ever encountered in onlinegames, so why give a :etc_swear: on whatever he says or does?!

u see him in match? u can report him already, as it seems kinda given he gonna yolo into enemy base right from the matchstart on  (he did so at least several times when i had him in match).... really wanna argue with such?! :Smile_unsure::Smile_veryhappy:.... < nope!

2cts, njoy

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
183 posts
11,672 battles
17 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

..... don't wet ur pants guys.... on a sidenote: whoever gets offended by "brilliant" internetZ forum users may not should frequent forums too often. bloodpressure approves :Smile_great:!

in particualr this goes for such users as the one who might "started" it. it's on others to end it, as such people simply can't. and the one in question is most probably one of the biggest lowbobs me personally ever encountered in onlinegames, so why give a :etc_swear: on whatever he says or does?!

u see him in match? u can report him already, as it seems kinda given he gonna yolo into enemy base right from the matchstart on  (he did so at least several times when i had him in match).... really wanna argue with such?! :Smile_unsure::Smile_veryhappy:.... < nope!

2cts, njoy

You are right.
 In fact i don't want to take this any further.
I just felt I needed to clear things out a bit. I have nothing more to add. 

[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
903 posts
6,230 battles

Good :)

"...and don't point fingers on me about bullying etc" - Forum rules, Wargaming TOS.

"...he offended me FIRST" No - Forum rules, Wargaming TOS.

Happy WoWs everyone.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this