You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Verblonde

PSA: Free captain respec/demount ends tonight.

26 comments in this topic

[SM0KE]
Players
3,228 posts
8,306 battles

Just a reminder, if anyone's forgotten: we have until close of play tonight to respec captains, and demount equipment for nowt...

• Cool 6

[H_FAN]
Players
2,178 posts
29,630 battles
2 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Just a reminder, if anyone's forgotten: we have until close of play tonight to respec captains, and demount equipment for nowt...

Thx for headsup and do not forget MOVING Captains is also free. Apart from some reset on all reserve skills I moved my 14 p Lyon reserve captain to Normandie (The other Honore brother took the place on Lyon). I have made some other reshuffles as well.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,287 posts
8,729 battles

I got screwed by national ISP (Telekom).

They unplugged the wrong user from the central - me. Dont have inet access since Thursday... waiting. They are not responding since I have a contract with another ISP (who is using their infrastructure) who cant do crap, but to file official request. Since they hate each other, and they only support their own customers on weekends ... I am paying the price. 5 days offline and couting... 2019 baby. Had to let it out boys... sry.

[SM0KE]
Players
3,228 posts
8,306 battles
4 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

They unplugged the wrong user from the central - me. Dont have inet access since Thursday... waiting. They are not responding since I have a contract with another ISP (who is using their infrastructure) who cant do crap, but to file official request. Since they hate each other, and they only support their own customers on weekends ... I am paying the price. 5 days offline and couting... 2019 baby. Had to let it out boys... sry.

That sucks - much sympathy.

• Bad 1

Players
419 posts
5,667 battles
32 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

That sux so bad, cant u file a ticket with WG maybe they will have mercy on u and give u an extra day or 2 

[SCRUB]
Players
3,287 posts
8,729 battles

Well... you know whats the funny part? The game currently is in such a state that I dont even feel like playing. Guess I will just wait untill the next respec. In the meantime I know you guys will figure out the builds that make the most sense. Cause currently I am very confused reading the forums on my phone. :)

• Cool 1

Players
6,868 posts
8,719 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

Hotspot from the phone and wifi your way through?

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
780 posts
4,471 battles

Yeah, I respeced all my captains and moved them over. The ones I did not know how to build yet are left without any skill point till I know what to do with them. 

Weekend Tester
627 posts
6,345 battles

The re-spec needs to be open-ended, at least until the game has stabilised.

Who knows what the next wild balance swing will produce? Do we need AA spec, or CE spec? What ships will be playable or rendered ineffectual?

Perhaps WG sees an opportunity to rake in cash?  A typical player having to re-spec thirty or forty captains' skills and their ships' equipment might be looking at £/€/$50 if there is another major shift in game meta after this mornings re-spec run out.

• Cool 3

Players
3,217 posts
14,819 battles
17 hours ago, nambr9 said:

17 hours ago, Verblonde said:

That sucks - much sympathy.

+1

of all the damn times to get connection problems! 

Players
3,217 posts
14,819 battles
13 minutes ago, cracktrackflak said:

Who knows what the next wild balance swing will produce? Do we need AA spec, or CE spec? What ships will be playable or rendered ineffectual?

Perhaps WG sees an opportunity to rake in cash?  A typical player having to re-spec thirty or forty captains' skills and their ships' equipment might be looking at £/€/$50 if there is another major shift in game meta after this mornings re-spec run out.

Excellent point! :Smile_honoring:

Wargaming have announced:
"We agree with you and hereby announce that there will be another 1-week period of free reset in approximately 2 months, around the release of Update 0.8.2."

(https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-guides/re-spec-my-authoritah/)

In the meantime, many captains will be left with builds which were once the best ones, but which are now "sub-optimal" (to use the moder terminology)

Maybe we should just stop playing until we get the respec? :Smile_trollface:

Players
2,176 posts
15 minutes ago, cracktrackflak said:

True, apart from 2 ships that I've played today that have a pretty much obligatory build (IFHE and Last Stand) I have left all the captains with no points spent, if I do decide to play actively it won't be for a while and I'm safer leaving the skippers at 0 spent while the chaos patches and hotfixes are happening.

[KAKE]
Players
1,681 posts
3,971 battles

As I mentioned in another thread, this is really not the time for WG to be stingy with anything. They've cocked up the game balance massively, they've annoyed a huge portion of the player base. This is not the time to try to sell stuff, this is the time to be really generous with things like premium time, respecs and retraining and other goodies just to mitigate the bad impression from the CV rework.

• Cool 5

Players
5,435 posts
6,709 battles
15 minutes ago, cracktrackflak said:

I was wondering if people really had 30-40 captains to respec and it seems people do. Though, it's easy to heavily reduce the number of necessary retrainings by just leaving captains unspecced if you don't plan to immediately play a ship, as well as certain ships where captain build really won't change. Like, IJN DDs really don't change captain builds based on AA. But the point you make is valid.

Spoiler

Just because I don't want to waste the effort that went into it...

My personal head count resulted in 89 captains, 45 which were assigned to ships (including several very low point captains and one 0-point captain).

Also, 9 of my captains are special ability captains, 1 is a Dasha and 27 are weeb captains...

[DC_DK]
Players
2,563 posts
26,501 battles

To be fair it should be free to respec in the entire period where they balance the CV rework. Or at least during a full patch... I'm not playing the game as much as I use to because of same reason.. I don't want to setup a numbers of ships only to have them changed a week later, without having the possibility to respec for free again... So I play only a few ships atm.

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
1,681 posts
3,971 battles
12 minutes ago, Seiranko said:

Though, it's easy to heavily reduce the number of necessary retrainings by just leaving captains unspecced if you don't plan to immediately play a ship

This is what I did. Although it did mean I ended up going into a couple of matches without captain skills because I forgot about it :fish_palm:

Nürnberg without priority target? Yeah, not an enjoyable experience.

Players
6,868 posts
8,719 battles
1 minute ago, Uglesett said:

This is what I did. Although it did mean I ended up going into a couple of matches without captain skills because I forgot about it :fish_palm:

You can always play Kebab without LS and AFT for true potato experience:Smile_popcorn:

Players
5,435 posts
6,709 battles
3 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

I typically use free respecs to throw any commanders I don't need into reserve and leave them there with no skill points distributed. I think the most radical issue I have is that I respecced my GK commander to FdG (retraining was free too!) and left them there. Given it's a 19 pt Thea, I'll just leave her there and resist the immense urge to play GK... <_< (FdG is now a better ship imo)

Imagine playing something like Neptune with 0 point captain.

[SM0KE]
Players
3,228 posts
8,306 battles
32 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

As I mentioned in another thread, this is really not the time for WG to be stingy with anything. They've cocked up the game balance massively, they've annoyed a huge portion of the player base. This is not the time to try to sell stuff, this is the time to be really generous with things like premium time, respecs and retraining and other goodies just to mitigate the bad impression from the CV rework.

This.

I hate to think how many captains I have (it's probably of the order of a hundred, and certainly not fewer than seventy-five); as others have said, the end of the free respect just means I'll probably play less, as I want to avoid (potentially) being stuck with sub-optimal captains for two months...

Realistically, most of my captains will probably want to stay much as they were, but even so.

Oh well, Frontline starts today, so I can always play that instead...

Beta Tester
2,185 posts
6,431 battles

Got all my captains reset to 0 skills apart from Alexander witch i use on Moskva/Kronny, all that i got left to do is move some skippers around, then comes the fun part of speccing each one again (160 skippers :Smile_bajan2:

I'm stuck where to put Halsey, i was thinking DM (didnt grind the Monty... Yet) 

Players
217 posts
3,548 battles

Damn it. I haven’t played for a while and just realised I missed out!

oh well nevermind, I’m having more fun reading the forums than playing the game right now. ;)

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,445 posts
6,778 battles

Did quite nicely out of this discount.

I retrained/respecced my 2 CV captains (to Hosho and  Langley... I was going to regrind them... but I am waiting to see if they buff those PoS).

I finished the preceding ships and bought and retrained for the following new ships: Normandie, Jervis, Yorck, Helena, Charles Martel and Seattle.  This also meant I got free module de-mounts when selling the predecessors.  I also respecced my Yorck captain as I am not sure what I was thinking with the skills for my Nurnberg! I actually came pretty close to finishing Chapy and Normandie but it was not to be.

[CU]
Players
195 posts
15,276 battles

Seems to have already finished? Now showing full doubloon price for respec. Pretty certain it was still free when I logged on earlier.

• Funny 1

[TTT]
Players
4,437 posts
7,937 battles
20 minutes ago, Muppeteer said:

Seems to have already finished? Now showing full doubloon price for respec.

yes, that's why he said that yesterday :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1