Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aotearas

Campaigns and tier IX CVs ...

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,278 battles

I couldn't help but notice that some missions in campaigns are still limited to tier IX and X CVs, despite the obvious fact that tier IX CVs no longer exist in the game for the time being, de facto limitating the completion criteria for such missions to tier X CVs only.

 

Has WG mentioned anything about this somewhere, or did those limitations manage to sneak by their notice?

Conversely, has WG perhaps thought of allowing tier VIII CVs to count for such missions in lieu of their absent tier IX brethren?

 

Le poke @MrConway, @Crysantos

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Players
4,450 posts
7,937 battles

probably an oversight I would guess :Smile_teethhappy:

 

or maaaaybe foreshadowing of the planned T9 premium Russian CV? :Smile_sceptic:

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,784 posts
16,171 battles
26 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

or maaaaybe foreshadowing of the planned T9 premium Russian CV? :Smile_sceptic:

 

Probably how it'll look like:

Spoiler

L6WLXEP.jpg

 

 

 

:Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
5,893 posts
7,177 battles

I just think they ignored it. Since its T9-T10 only, and its still doable with T10 (since you get to T10 anyway after T8), maybe they just didnt bother.

If it should be doable with T8 - not sure about that.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
4,508 posts
11,466 battles
17 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I couldn't help but notice that some missions in campaigns are still limited to tier IX and X CVs, despite the obvious fact that tier IX CVs no longer exist in the game for the time being, de facto limitating the completion criteria for such missions to tier X CVs only.

 

Has WG mentioned anything about this somewhere, or did those limitations manage to sneak by their notice?

Conversely, has WG perhaps thought of allowing tier VIII CVs to count for such missions in lieu of their absent tier IX brethren?

 

Le poke @MrConway, @Crysantos

It gets better when you see an operation that allows only t7 ships - but all the classes are allowed, CV icon is there too! :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,701 posts
2,666 battles
13 hours ago, Aotearas said:

I couldn't help but notice that some missions in campaigns are still limited to tier IX and X CVs, despite the obvious fact that tier IX CVs no longer exist in the game for the time being, de facto limitating the completion criteria for such missions to tier X CVs only.

 

Has WG mentioned anything about this somewhere, or did those limitations manage to sneak by their notice?

Conversely, has WG perhaps thought of allowing tier VIII CVs to count for such missions in lieu of their absent tier IX brethren?

 

Le poke @MrConway, @Crysantos

 

CVs in operations definitely still need looking at - especially since bots can't play them yet.

 

I think you can expect changes going forward, but I am not sure if tier VIII CVs will be allowed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TSCC]
Players
1,767 posts
20,155 battles
9 minutes ago, MrConway said:

I think you can expect changes going forward, but I am not sure if tier VIII CVs will be allowed.

 

Well you need to allow some CVs in T7 Scenarios, either T6 or T8 as now T7 CVs don't exists. As there is way more T8 CV, especially premium maybe allowing T8 CVs in T7 scenarios wouldn't be a bad idea. Just limit it to one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,278 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

 

CVs in operations definitely still need looking at - especially since bots can't play them yet.

 

I think you can expect changes going forward, but I am not sure if tier VIII CVs will be allowed.

 

Uh, I wasn't talking about operations as I'm well aware that's a balancing issue. I was talking about campaigns like "Hit Hard! Hit Fast! Hit Often!" that contain missions that are limited to tier IX and X CVs, which after the removal of odd tier CVs de facto limits the mission requirement to tier X only.

 

And as someone else had mentioned, same thing also applies to the Carrier Commander I emblem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

 

CVs in operations definitely still need looking at - especially since bots can't play them yet.

 

I think you can expect changes going forward, but I am not sure if tier VIII CVs will be allowed.

 

Can you answer the actual question? I mean, we know all you do is evading the topic of "again WG has overlooked something so simple it boggles the mind", but, dont you have anything related to the question on the OP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,701 posts
2,666 battles
2 hours ago, Juanx said:

 

Can you answer the actual question? I mean, we know all you do is evading the topic of "again WG has overlooked something so simple it boggles the mind", but, dont you have anything related to the question on the OP?

 

Just realized I didn't.

 

The campaign missions will only be available to tier X CVs going forward, the mission description might eventually also get changed, although it doesn't make any difference with the lack of tier IX CVs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,050 posts
8,805 battles

I don't really see the problem here.

 

These campaign missions usually states that it can be completed using tier 9 or 10 destroyers or carriers.

Or tier 9 or 10 cruisers and carriers.

 

There's no tier 9 carriers but that's kinda irrelevant, as that pasticular mission will only be limited to certain tiers and certain classes.

 

If an individual doesn't have a tier 9 or 10 DD for a certain mission, he can't play that mission. It won't matter in the end if for him, tier 9 and 10 DDs actually esist or not.

 

I noticed these discriptions in the campaigns, but it doesn't really disturb me in any way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,278 battles
4 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I don't really see the problem here.

The problem is the missions were originally not meant to be tier X ship exclusive. But with the removal of tier IX CVs, they de facto are now. It's an accessebility concern. Not a big one, but it's a concern nontheless.

 

11 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

These campaign missions usually states that it can be completed using tier 9 or 10 destroyers or carriers.

Or tier 9 or 10 cruisers and carriers.

I just checked and the Halsey campaign was the wrong example; it's the second (CV centric) stage on the Yamamoto campaign. Three missions only accessible to tier IX and X CVs only. There's more missions but as you said those also allow for another ship class (which the player might not have however).

 

Also, the Carrier Commander I emblem is now de fact the same as the final stage of the emblem, except it wants a bit less average damage.

 

 

I just figured it would be a trivial thing to allow tier VIII CVs to participate for those missions so some content isn't locked behind the tier X when it wasn't originally designed to be that case. Plus iirc it takes longer to grind up CVs now that you essentially have to grind through two tiers worth of XP to get to the next CV in the line (can't exactly check how much since I already had all of them, but I do recall having read something to that effect).

 

 

Again just to emphasize, it's not a pressing issue. It's just something that struck me as being an easily corrigible oversight so I wanted to draw some attention to it.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
On 2/11/2019 at 2:05 PM, MrConway said:

 

Just realized I didn't.

 

The campaign missions will only be available to tier X CVs going forward, the mission description might eventually also get changed, although it doesn't make any difference with the lack of tier IX CVs.

 

So the halsey campaign stages that allow for T8-10 CVs will be changed to TX CVs? Not smart, but hey, its the WG way...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,278 battles
Just now, Juanx said:

So the halsey campaign stages that allow for T8-10 CVs will be changed to TX CVs? Not smart, but hey, its the WG way...

Naw, tier VIII-X wouldn't require changing. Pretty sure he just meant the tier IX-X missions getting changed to tier X only rather than allowing tier VIII.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
4 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Naw, tier VIII-X wouldn't require changing. Pretty sure he just meant the tier IX-X missions getting changed to tier X only rather than allowing tier VIII.

 

Then, to nobodys surprise, they need to work in their communicating skills, because I see it as I explained it...

 

But again, not surprised in the odd wording, its WG after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,701 posts
2,666 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

Naw, tier VIII-X wouldn't require changing. Pretty sure he just meant the tier IX-X missions getting changed to tier X only rather than allowing tier VIII.

 

Its almost as though that was what we were talking about and what I said, right? :Smile_hiding:

 

1 hour ago, Juanx said:

 

Then, to nobodys surprise, they need to work in their communicating skills, because I see it as I explained it...

 

But again, not surprised in the odd wording, its WG after all.

 

Maybe instead you should try working on some basic reading comprehension? But I guess that would distract you too much from your quality contributions to this forum.

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
14 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Maybe instead you should try working on some basic reading comprehension? But I guess that would distract you too much from your quality contributions to this forum.

 

Well, since Im not the one providing a "service", its a matter of WG working in their comunicating skills, as pointed. The "quality" of my "contrributions" to this forum has nothing to do with WG not wording their information properly, or simply omitting it.

 

But go ahead and bash a customer, after all, Im not really one anymore...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,278 battles
16 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Its almost as though that was what we were talking about and what I said, right? :Smile_hiding:

Yes and I am perfectly aware of that, hence why I said that ...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KAKE]
Players
1,685 posts
3,971 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

I just figured it would be a trivial thing to allow tier VIII CVs to participate for those missions so some content isn't locked behind the tier X when it wasn't originally designed to be that case. Plus iirc it takes longer to grind up CVs now that you essentially have to grind through two tiers worth of XP to get to the next CV in the line (can't exactly check how much since I already had all of them, but I do recall having read something to that effect).

With the hull upgrade it's 71k exp to go from T4 to T6, and I assume the progression on higher tiers corresponds to this. Can check when I get home.

 

So you probably need on the order of ~300k exp more on CVs before you can start these missions than you needed previously.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KAKE]
Players
1,685 posts
3,971 battles

Ok, assuming you research all modules along the way, getting from the Langley to the Midway is:

Langley: 71000 exp

Ranger: 189000 exp

Lexington: 429000 exp

For a total of 689000 exp

 

Hosho to Hakuryu is:

Hosho: 71000 exp

Ryujo: 196000 (she has one more hull upgrade over Ranger)

Shokaku: :411000 (Lexi has one more plane upgrade)

Total: 678000

 

Don't know how that compares to the RTS CVs. 

 

You're probably also slowed down a bit by spending longer at each tier, and "missing out" on the extra exp that the higher odd tiers would give over their lower, even tier replacements. I.E. griding 71000 exp in a T4 followed by a T5 is probably faster than grinding the same in only a T4, unless they've tweaked the earnings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
5,893 posts
7,177 battles
6 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

Don't know how that compares to the RTS CVs. 

  

 

I dont have the exact numbers, but i can give you an estimate:

I had both Ranger and Hiryu almost stock before the rework. I needed 1,22 million FreeXP get both Midway and Hakuryu.

After the rework, i sold all CVs except the T4 ones, and i roughly gained 1,7 millions FreeXP by that. Seems that it was more expensive before than now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×