Sign in to follow this  
ZWC

Commander skills, upgrades and retraining

15 comments in this topic

[-NYX-]
Players
135 posts
4,895 battles

Anybody happy with the limited time to adapt all your commanders towards the new (still in work) system?
Same counts for the upgrade set-up on your ships.

Since 0.8.0 the game is changed... for all play-styles.
Now some skills may not be as wise as prior CV changes.
Some commander skills are even changed.

Now, I totally disagree with the fact that we all turned into "testers" !
Therefor wasting our gained premium time doing so. (bought or rewarded premium).
But most of all , as long as the game is under huge "tweaking" by the dev's...
We will have to adapt constantly towards these changes and may have to change our commander skills drastically. 

I still finding out best set-up per ship.
Specially if someone got many ships this will take more then a few weeks.

And to the Dev's I would like to point-out that paying costumers most likely have to work for their money.... and do not have the time to play 3 hour a day.
Some can't play on a daily basis even if they would like to.

We all are entitled to change freely (0% charges) our ship set-ups and commander skills as long as we are "forced testers"...
So as long as you haven't find the balance in self-created problem.

Whatever will become of the game-play isn't relevant ...
just give players a few weeks of free re-training AFTER you solve it out how your final CV rework  is implanted.

The way it is now, we are allowed to re-set-up for free, only because we are TESTING your update!

Any comments on how you all cope with resetting ?
And if the giving "free" time to do so is enough for you?

btw. it says from 8 till 11..... but in-game on discount tagging, it says... only a few minutes left

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
18,886 posts
12,062 battles
  • resetting your commanders takes a few minutes, but then you are through
  • reskilling takes longer, but you can do it when you need it
  • you get another chance in 5-6 weeks
  • if you are in a clan, you can reskill your captains twotimes for free per clan battle season

I think it is enough, especially when you want to reset a commander and discover that you did not reskill him since the last reset...

• Bad 1

[-NYX-]
Players
135 posts
4,895 battles

resetting,.. pushing the buttons. yes that is done quite fast....
The right combo of skills takes a bit longer in test phase.
And we are in some kind of test phase atm.

in 5-6 weeks means I have to play about 5 - 6 weeks half prepared...
So only taking out the lucky good comm/ship/upgrade combo. will ruin the fun out for many players.
And I'm sure many player just don't like to take a poorly equipped ship into battle, for 5 - 6 weeks.

And I was not only talking for myself ,.. there are players who just not play on a daily basis but do love the game.
Those players can't reset in time , re-finding the tune of your ship will cost lots... 
That's a bit unfair. in this case.

This is not a matter of knowing the game or being good or bad.
This is about an open game being suddenly in a test phase for all of us.

You may know already how to be perfect, but that doesn't mean it's enough time because you think so.
Keep a bit more of an open view towards other players.

Being in a clan has nothing to do with the subject.

For me,...
well I can play daily for 3 hours if I want to.
But there are committed players that just can't make it to play as much as they would like.
Family life, children, work around the house, partner, job for a living.... 

Real-life !
So those people should just pay the gold if they want to catch-up...
Only because the dev's didn't keep the CV rework in a real test... 

• Cool 1

[TSSU]
Players
86 posts
3,844 battles

When are they taking away the commander skill "free" changes? I've rebuilt mine several times (including rebuild for pure AA to find it was useless pre-patch, not bothered since, but I've not played every ship, and certainly not had an opportunity to play around to see if it's worth changing the commander given the recent patch. If there's a few more days I may just change every commander to what I think may be suitable (or just reset and build them much later). Otherwise, ... well, hmm. 

• Bad 1

Players
817 posts
9 minutes ago, Chips_uk said:

When are they taking away the commander skill "free" changes?

I hope they leave it this way for a while still, boy have I been changing them a lot to test different things. Would have cost me a fortune, think I might be addicted to keep changing skills?:Smile_veryhappy:

What I do, as I have 3 captains not used, each with 15 skill points. I reset them all if not on a ship, just in case one day they stop us doing it for free.

• Cool 1

[TSSU]
Players
86 posts
3,844 battles

Yeah, exactly, I've been chopping and changing galore. Make a change, 5 games later evaluate if it's beneficial, change back. Wouldn't mind doing it normally, but it's so damned expensive to do so (it adds up fast @450 a try) 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
817 posts

Yeah, 19 points never seems enough to me for the perfect build you want. So you're always leaving something out (you'd rather not leave out) to try another thing, then going back vice versa again etc.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,206 battles
15 minutes ago, Chips_uk said:

When are they taking away the commander skill "free" changes?

Monday (11th Feb) morning, 6 AM CET

[CATS]
Players
18,886 posts
12,062 battles

There is no perfect build.

If one does not play and not read, then yes, the setups might not be good. Might. You could still get it right.

And if 8 weeks of testing and multiple additional resets per year are not enough, it sounds like a personal problem.

• Bad 1

[-NYX-]
Players
135 posts
4,895 battles
13 hours ago, Chips_uk said:

When are they taking away the commander skill "free" changes? I've rebuilt mine several times (including rebuild for pure AA to find it was useless pre-patch, not bothered since, but I've not played every ship, and certainly not had an opportunity to play around to see if it's worth changing the commander given the recent patch. If there's a few more days I may just change every commander to what I think may be suitable (or just reset and build them much later). Otherwise, ... well, hmm. 

12 hours ago, MRGTB said:

I hope they leave it this way for a while still, boy have I been changing them a lot to test different things. Would have cost me a fortune, think I might be addicted to keep changing skills?:Smile_veryhappy:

What I do, as I have 3 captains not used, each with 15 skill points. I reset them all if not on a ship, just in case one day they stop us doing it for free.

12 hours ago, Chips_uk said:

Yeah, exactly, I've been chopping and changing galore. Make a change, 5 games later evaluate if it's beneficial, change back. Wouldn't mind doing it normally, but it's so damned expensive to do so (it adds up fast @450 a try) 

Well discount is gone.

I did take all the upgrades off almost all my ships and all commanders are skill-less atm.
all my commanders stayed on the ship or have been placed on important ships.

Will have to play only one off each kind till it's clear how to retrain commanders per duty.
Same for upgrades they carry.

Did advice this to my friends and my son.
He was not able to play much (lots of work (job)), so he could-not try / test the new game-play.

We just will not use our gold to re-train and time in finding the new set-up till these "fixes" are done properly.

I solved the "problem" the best way I could think off.
But this just shouldn't be our problem.

• Cool 1

[-NYX-]
Players
135 posts
4,895 battles
7 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

There is no perfect build.

If one does not play and not read, then yes, the setups might not be good. Might. You could still get it right.

And if 8 weeks of testing and multiple additional resets per year are not enough, it sounds like a personal problem.

Listen up friend, this is not about personal problems!
Just not being selfish here.

Ain't that hard to picture the point. 

• Cool 1

[TSSU]
Players
86 posts
3,844 battles
5 hours ago, ZWC said:

Listen up friend, this is not about personal problems!
Just not being selfish here.

Ain't that hard to picture the point. 

Wait, 8 weeks of testing? I'm an end user with 1 week since the patch? Which I found out v quickly the AA did nothing to minimise. If i spent money to find it just waste skill points as did nothing, then i'd be mighty angry. It was long enough for me to change a few ships I play, but... i didn't change all as I didn't play all. Not all of us play this 24/7.

I hope if they make significant changes they make it free for even a few days if possible, just so you can alter depending on what they've altered. 

You don't HAVE to defend bad work mate ;)

• Bad 1

[-NYX-]
Players
135 posts
4,895 battles
On 2/11/2019 at 7:01 PM, Chips_uk said:

Wait, 8 weeks of testing? I'm an end user with 1 week since the patch? Which I found out v quickly the AA did nothing to minimise. If i spent money to find it just waste skill points as did nothing, then i'd be mighty angry. It was long enough for me to change a few ships I play, but... i didn't change all as I didn't play all. Not all of us play this 24/7.

I hope if they make significant changes they make it free for even a few days if possible, just so you can alter depending on what they've altered. 

You don't HAVE to defend bad work mate ;)

"I hope if they make significant changes they make it free for even a few days if possible, just so you can alter depending on what they've altered."
Well here you seem to follow my reasoning.  
and just look at the upcoming changes of surveillance radar and flooding system. just as I set some DD's in docking.
Same for some "special upgrades" I specially bought in Arsenal to upgrade some cruisers.....

but all in all, I do get the impression that you half support my point and half not getting it.... 

Do you even understood what I was talking about.
( "Ain't that hard to picture the point. " ) was picturing the point why not all of us are able to test out all ships.
And yes, ALL ships. even those you hardly play.
because when the time comes you will sail-out that 'hardly never used ship',... you don't want to spend any gold on it changing it first. do you.

No offence meant  ,

good luck finding the sweet-spot on all your ships to all,
ZWC

[TSSU]
Players
86 posts
3,844 battles
18 hours ago, ZWC said:

No offence meant  

None taken, I don't know why I quoted your post, I wasn't referring to your posting. 

As for radar/etc - not bothered by those. That's modules. 

• Cool 1

[_OC_]
Beta Tester
9 posts

I screwed up.

I didn't pay attention too much about the AA rework and it took me too long to figure out I basically want all my Cruiser captains changed.

Hopefully there will be another free Captain reset event happening or I'll be stuck with captain skills that I don't really want.

It's not all that bad, just a little annoying.

I like the new carrier gameplay though. fun to play.

Sign in to follow this