You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
bzerkur

Windows Function Stuck

12 comments in this topic

[TMWP]
Players
13 posts
7,490 battles

Hi All,

for the past couple of years of playing WOWS my windows function gets randomly stuck on and will pretty much render my PC US unless I restart it.

I've reported this bug numerous times but due to the effect it causes have not been able to submit any evidence of how or why it's happening.

Just wondering if any body else is experiencing this and if they've found a solution?

Note: it occurs regardless of PC/Laptop set up.

[-AP-]
Players
1,734 posts
4,195 battles

Please elaborate on which windows function gets stuck specifically, do you mean that your operating system crashes?

Also, please post your complete pc specs, cpu, gpu, storage devices, ram etc.

[COTNS]
Players
216 posts
3,544 battles

Got to be honest, if this is happening on multiple laptops or pcs this is a new one on me as my initial idea would be hardware issue. 

Are you using any peripheral devices on the same machine s? I.E. mouse? Still strange. 

[L7P]
Beta Tester
31 posts
7,920 battles

I think he may be referring hang ups and the inability to alt tab out ?

[TMWP]
Players
13 posts
7,490 battles

The Windows Key function get stuck so that its constantly like holding down the windows key.

its occurred on 3 different computers using intel processors 4th gen to 8th gen, all with nvidia 740m to 1080Ti, HDD's and SSD's.

ive had a couple of new mouses since i first encountered as well as a couple of new headsets but the problem still occurs.

i can still alt tab but anything else just gets screwed and if it rectifies itself i lose some of my keys like "c" and "h" keys.

[AAO]
Players
2,256 posts
10,991 battles
12 minutes ago, bzerkur said:

Does this method remove the function of the windows key or just disable it in key board, as ive disabled it in keyboard before but the problem still occured?

Err?

How would you disable it "in keyboard"?

The thing I provided will tell windows not to register input from the windows key. If the problem still appears you have other problems.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,302 posts
8,772 battles

Its a known windows bug.

Do you use remote desktop (RDP) to connect to your machine?

Try using a different keyboard settings...... like US keyboard or something. You could also enable vitrual keyboard to see if the win key is stuck. Press it twice to unstuck it.

You could disable win key alltogether like saiyko suggested, but I usually dig before resolving to drastically solutions...

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Players
2,256 posts
10,991 battles
28 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

You could disable win key alltogether like saiyko suggested, but I usually dig before resolving to drastically solutions...

To be fair, from the posts of the OP (and no offense) I understood he has limited knowledge. So except for disabling a quite useless key, it would also provide info if the problem kept :)

[TMWP]
Players
13 posts
7,490 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

Do you use remote desktop (RDP) to connect to your machine?

Try using a different keyboard settings...... like US keyboard or something. You could also enable vitrual keyboard to see if the win key is stuck. Press it twice to unstuck it.

there is no remote desktop in use.

I have tried US and UK keyboard already but have not thought to check virtual keyboard yet so will look at that next time i encounter the problem.

thank you

1 hour ago, Saiyko said:

The thing I provided will tell windows not to register input from the windows key. If the problem still appears you have other problems

I think I might have other problems as I have disabled the key previously when I initially encountered the problem but the problem kept occurring.

thank you for the suggestion though.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

If this repeats itself across computers check if your go-to software is interfering with that, I know from own experience that might cause issues.

On phisically disabling it, not the OPs case but either way: my former themaltake challenger U keyboard had a replacement for 1 or both windows keys, with flat, non-pressable keys.

My actual corsair has a lock key by the light selector that disables the windows keys.