Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ZeroCommaZero

Elite Commander XP

9 comments in this topic

Players
1,448 posts
5,615 battles

You need either a 19 captain to earn it during a match played with him, or to win some in missions etc. It's effectively similar to FreeXP but for captain skills. 

Players
4,050 posts
8,828 battles
3 minutes ago, ZeroCommaZero said:

Hello.. can someone explain to me how I get elite commander XP.. what I need to play.. srsly I cant figure it out.

Apart from receiving elite commander XP (which I shall call ecxp from now on as I'm in a lazy typer mood), the usual way to create ecxp is by playing any captain which has 19 skill points (also often referred to as a 19pt captain or just 19pt/19pointer, veteran shippers will know what is meant).

As a 19pt captain cannot gain another skill point, ALL commander xp that is earned on this captain, instead of going towards this non-existing 20th skill point, overflows into your pool of ecxp.

There are basically 2 ways to play a 19pt captain: Either you grind a single captain until he has 19 skillpoints (yes, this is a loooong grind but it's worth it!!!) or when there's some event in which you are granted temporary 19pt captains like the april space battles (a PvP mode) or the halloween operations (a PvE event).

• Cool 2

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
495 posts
10,622 battles

You generate elite commander XP automatically when your commander reaches full 19pts. It gets accumulated whenever you play a match with a 19pt commander. 

You can also get some during campaigns or events. 

[PUPSI]
Privateer
7,897 posts
Vor 16 Minuten, ZeroCommaZero sagte:

what I need to play..

a ship with a 19-point-captain

edit: strange, when I wrote my answer there was no other...

[DREAD]
Players
7,523 posts
5,766 battles
2 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

a ship with a 19-point-captain

A 19 Pt needs 1.7 Million XP. Afterwards he creates free captain’s Xp. You can also use normal free XP to progress captains but that is quite resource hungry. Just in case you have ships that generate tons of it like T9 premiums 

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts

Note that special event 19 point captains all players sometimes get during the event can do that too.......and you often get elite captain points as reward for missons, that build up as you cannot spend them if you have no 19 point captain.

That means when you get an event 19 point captain that will be taken away after the event,  you can promote some of your lower captain nevertheless.

I made good use of that during the haloween events......

Beta Tester
231 posts
6,547 battles

NothingButTheRain summarised it pretty well. There is also more on the world of warships wiki site http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander

Remember you can move captains around premium ships without retraining, so if you manage to get yourself a 19pt captain on a ship you really enjoy you can also play him on any suitable premiums you own and farm even more elite commander xp by benefiting from the daily xp bonus for first win on each (and being able to do that helps in getting one in the first place).

Its quite a grind getting a 19pt captain but one of the best investments you can make as you can then use the ecxp you generate from playing him to avoid playing sub-optimal captains on new ships - I boost any new destroyer captain I get straight to 10pts to avoid playing without concealment expert. If you do end up with ecxp to spare its useful to boost other captains nearing 19pts so you can generate even more of it.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this