Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
tobbeb17

Wargaming. hate US aircraft carrier.

32 comments in this topic

[SFD]
Players
121 posts
Honestly why hate Wargaming. US aircraft carrier.
midway very poor toped angle
And lousy accuracy on the rocket aircraft.
On the good old Midway I did an average of 160 dmg Per round Now I will be happy when we come 10 dmg Pär round.
And the autopilot is totally useless

Wargaming fix midway

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 2

Beta Tester
4,528 posts
9,851 battles

If you need to use your phone to take screenshots, then I think I have found your problem...

• Cool 3
  • Funny 11
  • Bad 1

[COTNS]
Players
216 posts
3,544 battles

imo l2p issue, midways rockets and HE bombs are far more useful than the IJN rockets or bombs... they have amazing synergy together. if you get a damage con with rockets go back with HE bombs vice versa...

sure the torps are not amazing but they are not suppose to be. rockets are generally midways flavor. 

• Bad 1

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
495 posts
10,622 battles

13138736_1278683698812708_3710795166931723635_n.jpg.06a114399005380cabdd064b338464e4.jpg

Git gud. That's all that one can say to something like that. 

• Funny 3

Players
3,110 posts
245 battles

my reaction to seeing a 'screenshot' taken with a phone despite a button already existing for that purpose.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,508 posts
11,466 battles
44 minutes ago, tobbeb17 said:
Honestly why hate Wargaming. US aircraft carrier.
midway very poor toped angle
And lousy accuracy on the rocket aircraft.
On the good old Midway I did an average of 160 dmg Per round Now I will be happy when we come 10 dmg Pär round.
And the autopilot is totally useless

Wargaming fix midway

1. Why the hell do you change the size of the font?

2. If you really struggle to reach 10k damage (I assume you mean 160k and 10k rather than 160 and 10 :Smile_trollface:) then this is far, FAR beyond the point of "Midway weak" kind of problem.

3. Have you tried actually aiming with these torps and rockets? As in, avoiding drastic maneuvers while lining up an attack?

4. Midway seems to actually be stronger than her IJN counterpart after the most recent changes, so it doesn't seem to be specifically hated by WG.

5. While we're talking about WG and what they are doing... We've had a hotfix this week, because Hakuryu was stupidly OP and AA in general relatively useless against CV players with modicum of skill. We're having a hotfix to hotfix early next week because the AA wrecks planes like crazy, making ships with reasonable AA borderline untouchable by lower tier CVs. Basically, rather than claiming that WG "hates US aircraft carrier" it's pretty clear that overall balancing is still a mess that might be sorted out in the future but right now is pretty far from what WG would consider the desired state of the game. All things considered - there are many people complaining about many things (sometimes contradicting each other heavily), but the tone of your whine is just ridiculous and makes you sound like an entitled kid. If you keep at it, nobody will take you seriously - including even people who might wholeheartedly agree with you that Midway is currently far too weak. In fact, these guys might actually hate you the most, since you just make them look bad by association.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,780 posts
20,354 battles
11 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

The pic looks more like its been taken this style:

https://img.wiocha.pl/images/b/b/bb830f59036b76b16cfe7aa80ab5d495.jpg

giphy.gif

dang, does gettin a chuckle on that pic makes me a nerd (that pic COULD BE REAL, REALLY...been there, seen such lol)?! :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 2

[BGNAV]
Players
264 posts
3,343 battles

But seriously before 0.8 update and after implementation of AP bombs Midway was the carrier to go. Not even just the carrier but the ship in the whole game to go, nothing else had that carry ability like it, I have won many games just by myself with 6-7 kills despite the desire of my team to loose them with total randomness in actions. And the best part was that 95% of players failed to see this which left me with so little competition that I would often have days of playing without a single loss.

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts

If you play only a few games with it the guy has a point....despite you guys trying to make him rediculous.

You have to learn by many defeats and huge credit losses that you should mouse aim with very slight movements to get usable accuracy out of some US CV torpedo bombers. And start your torpedo attack as far as >5 km* off to steady the aim and arm your weapons.

*Dont pin me on this, it is a rather large distance in my experience, all this time taking FLAK but not being able to evade it or your aim goes wider then a barn door !

My point is no one told us how to improve accuracy despite nerfs which aim is not to destroy accuracy but make it harder to achieve it and at a penalty ( more time vulnerable to AA ) . You have to find that out all yourself, and some may not have the patience or need more time to understand how (nerf) mechanics are now. Is that all their fault or should explantions how to be more informative ?

Those who understand shouldnt be such elitists.

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
267 posts
14,038 battles

Hidden stats, terrible spelling, poor attitude, and those laughable "screenshots"... could you possibly make yourself any more ridiculous?

[L4GG]
Players
1,907 posts
7,466 battles
5 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

3b4.png

The OP have a point, you know?

Perhaps not about Midway (I can't comment on that)

But his screenshots are like  my best screenshots.

And I used to do 100k often when I didn't focus on deplane the cv.

Now, I'm just like him.

I know, I know, I'm not playing anymore, I'm just waiting patiently for the end result. To know if I sell my cvs.

Just yesterday I was watching this.

How they could go so radical in the changes? If they didn't go, perhaps it could go so much smoother. People could shoot down planes and the cv get his strikes.

@tobbeb17 watch this video from Jingles and do like them, abuse those moronic new mechanics if the hotfix didn't ruined those too.

You should have more than 1, 3 km torp per strike.

[COTNS]
Players
216 posts
3,544 battles
45 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

The OP have a point, you know?

Perhaps not about Midway (I can't comment on that)

But his screenshots are like  my best screenshots.

And I used to do 100k often when I didn't focus on deplane the cv.

Now, I'm just like him.

I know, I know, I'm not playing anymore, I'm just waiting patiently for the end result. To know if I sell my cvs.

Just yesterday I was watching this.

How they could go so radical in the changes? If they didn't go, perhaps it could go so much smoother. People could shoot down planes and the cv get his strikes.

@tobbeb17 watch this video from Jingles and do like them, abuse those moronic new mechanics if the hotfix didn't ruined those too.

You should have more than 1, 3 km torp per strike.

dont do whats in that video you will be out of planes in 3 minutes.

you still take damage after pressing the F key now, Continuous AA is absolutely deadly and you Will  lose planes. 

only option for Cvs right now is go for low AA ships (mushi, kron, DDs) etc dont even consider trying to drop on a ship with good AA they will just breath on you and knock half your squad out. 

[ADRIA]
Players
660 posts
13,345 battles
7 hours ago, tobbeb17 said:

I would say it's a clear case of git gud

1.thumb.jpg.bafe878d2e08179aff0ab7e0995c59d5.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.3d8f37173b094a224dc787581381321d.jpg

0.8.0 - CVs were closer to their final form than in this 0.8.0.1 hotfix

Only carrier needed sledhammer approach was hakuryu, rest of them just needed a bit of fine tuning...

But in good old WG fashion it was easier to nerf all of them rather to fix one by one

In any case, it's possible to do solid dmg numbers after the hotfix but you need to play carefully, pick your targets...which again requires practice and patience

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,907 posts
7,466 battles
2 hours ago, kingzy2013 said:

dont do whats in that video you will be out of planes in 3 minutes.

you still take damage after pressing the F key now, Continuous AA is absolutely deadly and you Will  lose planes. 

only option for Cvs right now is go for low AA ships (mushi, kron, DDs) etc dont even consider trying to drop on a ship with good AA they will just breath on you and knock half your squad out

that won't work either.

Going for Low AA ships (DDs and stuff), roger that.

Like this ones?

Spoiler

fu4.thumb.png.9a5c9d85a335037b0748487b8d6fd93c.png

Mind you, these two were the only two in the flank I chose to go.

I did tried what's in the video, to abuse the mechanics like they did with a single 3 km torp.

I tried to bob and weve.

I did dived way before the top range of my single torp .

So far the only thing that worked was, stop playing.

[NWP]
Players
5,893 posts
7,177 battles
3 hours ago, quickr said:

0.8.0 - CVs were closer to their final form than in this 0.8.0.1 hotfix 

I think it was S_O saying, that currently they are pretty close to what they want them to be. That was after the hotfix. So clearly its better now than before.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,755 posts
8,805 battles
9 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

I think it was S_O saying, that currently they are pretty close to what they want them to be. That was after the hotfix. So clearly its better now than before.

How does your first sentence even get you to the conclusion in your last? Like actually.

[JRM]
Players
2,434 posts
17,207 battles

WG first and foremost mistake in this rework was going with new AA mechanics at the same time as with CV mechanic they should have done it one thing at a time this way its just a see saw...

Sign in to follow this