Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FukushuNL

When the the Russian BBs come...

31 comments in this topic

[BODEM]
Players
439 posts
5,346 battles

....could you please introduce them in a trailer or vid with this song?

Fits them perfectly imo. Polyushka Polye with those armored fullmetal behemoths <3 Looking forward to the Soviet Battleship tech tree.Also Can't wait to see sow Lenin handels.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,258 posts
7,665 battles

I'm sure some suitably resounding music soundtrack will be used.

Meanwhile, the details of the BBs were under a NDA but Jingles has posted some details of the ships (radar on a BB - don't panic it can only pick up other BBs and CVs)...

Edited: It was BBs not DDs...

Spoiler

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
141 posts
4,726 battles
6 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

(radar on a BB - don't panic it can only pick up other BBs and CVs)...

Yet.

• Cool 1

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
145 posts
3,949 battles

WG balancing Russian things is like that kid you used to play D&D with who would always manage to generate a new character with all the stats at 20 except WIS, which would be 14 in order to make it look legit.

• Funny 6
  • Boring 1

Beta Tester
4,528 posts
9,851 battles
Just now, _Dunc_ said:

WG balancing Russian things is like that kid you used to play D&D with who would always manage to generate a new character with all the stats at 20 except WIS, which would be 14 in order to make it look legit.

So much like that story, which indicates you never understood the rules if someone could get to that without anyone of you noting it's impossible to do that by the rules, there's plenty bad russian ships in this game proving you wrong.

• Boring 1

Players
3,068 posts
245 battles

ehh russian ships don't look that great and seems like they will get citadelled all day long in some match ups.

might be good lower tier bulis though...

crispeh kreme needs a buff though.

[TSCC]
Players
1,767 posts
20,112 battles
7 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

Meanwhile, the details of the DDs were under a NDA but Jingles has posted some details of the ships (radar on a BB - don't panic it can only pick up other BBs and CVs)...

Just one note. Seems like on PTS, values for AA for T6 and T7 are still pre 0.8.0.1. Also after next hotfix of hotfix, AA values for T8-T10 should also be reduced.

33 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

ehh russian ships don't look that great and seems like they will get citadelled all day long in some match ups.

Soviet BBs are actually quite strong. Sure they could be citadeled, which is a good thing, but if you angle they could be really tanky. They are very resilient on HE spam, with very little area that could be penetrated even with ifhe. Only Hindy and HIV (with ifhe) could actually pen decks of high tier BBs. And thanks to that bow lower plate increased armour they would be very hard to citadel from nose by Yamato and Musashi.

• Cool 1

[ZPT]
Players
131 posts

I don't really want to see any fantasy-ships, that never existed outside the minds of pro-russian developers :Smile_sceptic:!

• Cool 2
  • Boring 5

Players
3,068 posts
245 battles
47 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Just one note. Seems like on PTS, values for AA for T6 and T7 are still pre 0.8.0.1. Also after next hotfix of hotfix, AA values for T8-T10 should also be reduced.

Soviet BBs are actually quite strong. Sure they could be citadeled, which is a good thing, but if you angle they could be really tanky. They are very resilient on HE spam, with very little area that could be penetrated even with ifhe. Only Hindy and HIV (with ifhe) could actually pen decks of high tier BBs. And thanks to that bow lower plate increased armour they would be very hard to citadel from nose by Yamato and Musashi.

Hmm yeah i see what you mean. shame we don't get too see some gameplay now (i can be an impatient sod lol) and see how they perform loseley i was surprised they had some ships with 40-50mm's of deck armour and those werid low nose strips of like 100-200mms of armour as well. citadel is massive but seems to be angled in some way but i guess not enough to make that much of a difference. they seem to have nice firing angles but im not sure about that dispersion though.

didn't realise the armour would be that effective just seeing those huge noses lol. but then they do have small superstructures.

i might go up the line anyways since i gave up on the british line (stopped at KGV).

[TSCC]
Players
1,767 posts
20,112 battles
2 hours ago, Jean_Bart said:

I don't really want to see any fantasy-ships, that never existed outside the minds of pro-russian developers :Smile_sceptic:!

Well this game would run out of content quite fast if it only include ships that actually existed. Only three, soon to be four, lines were made of entirely real ships and only two more had just one "fantasy" ship in it. Out of 7 regular French BBs, 4 of them never existed and I don't see you complaining about that. Not a single regular T9 cruiser was ever finished and only two T10 cruisers, DM (and her sister ship Salem of course) and Wooster ever sailed. Only one T10 BB existed and, counting JB and Musashi, only three T9 BBs were real. So you maybe don't like it but if you want this game to grow you need paper ships for that. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
2,440 posts

In short :

- sub 14 km, Soviet BBs have Japanese cruiser-like dispersion --> very deadly

- over 14km, they have German battleship-like dispersion --> mediocre to bad

- Their citadel is very vulnerable if not angled, Yamato syndrome for all tiers, no exception.

- They have upper hand in cyclone vs other BBs thank to special radar

- Long bow --> difficult to get citadelled from bow

• Cool 2

[TRID]
Players
104 posts
3,955 battles

I noticed that there is only info for T6 to T10 on PTS, and so by default on CC videos. Presumably there is a T3 to T5 too, any info on those anywhere?

Beta Tester
2,440 posts
9 minutes ago, TheAlba2014 said:

Thanks Darth! I take it there's no stats available for these yet. Particularly curious to see what T5 will be like given the proposed GC changes.

There are stats, but you have to pay  them ~3 USD fee (only once for lifetime) to see them all.

Players
2,478 posts
15,503 battles
11 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

I'm sure some suitably resounding music soundtrack will be used.

1 hour ago, Darth_Glorious said:

In short :

- sub 14 km, Soviet BBs have Japanese cruiser-like dispersion --> very deadly

- over 14km, they have German battleship-like dispersion --> mediocre to bad

- Their citadel is very vulnerable if not angled, Yamato syndrome for all tiers, no exception.

- They have upper hand in cyclone vs other BBs thank to special radar

- Long bow --> difficult to get citadelled from bow

- Crazy AP pen.

- Amazing HE.

- Cruiser turret speeds.

• Cool 2

[L4GG]
Players
1,897 posts
7,435 battles
2 hours ago, Linkaex said:

Wrong song mate

Not that. Despite being a awesome.

New upcoming song for Russian BB trailer.

Big hopes lays with the upcoming Ru BBs. My expectations are sky high, but...

Who will laugh?

Us or them?  

• Cool 2

[ZPT]
Players
131 posts
2 hours ago, fumtu said:

Well this game would run out of content quite fast if it only include ships that actually existed. ...

So you maybe don't like it but if you want this game to grow you need paper ships for that. 

We need quality, not quantity!

Apparently the quality of the game worsens with every new "content" that is released recently!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgttedziVtCfeTXvfZIEg

• Cool 2

[TSCC]
Players
1,767 posts
20,112 battles
15 minutes ago, Jean_Bart said:

We need quality, not quantity!

Apparently the quality of the game worsens with every new "content" that is released recently!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgttedziVtCfeTXvfZIEg

Less content doesn't automatically mean quality or balance. Sure there is a lot of things that could be improved but in the end people play this game because of ships, and if there is no new ships than game would have less and less to offer to its players. Whit only real ships, only option would be introduction of sister ship of already existing ships. "Here have 120th Fletcher in the game and there is still another 55 to go!" No thanks. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[LADA]
[LADA]
Players
263 posts
5,569 battles

Got to love the new RU BBs. If we put to one side the fact that most of the designs have been pulled out of someone's backside (WG internal data) and 99.9% of the population of this planet haven't heard of them....

+ 'Special' radar. 

+ HE spam proof. 

+ Turrets that spin around 180 degrees in 30s flat. 

+ Bow-tanking abilities that aren't far off that of the Yamato/Musashi. 

+ Powerful guns.

+ Strong AA.

+ Cruiser accuracy at short-medium range.

- Citadel that can be hit if you happen to sail broadside on to someone. As if that's a new and never-before-seen trait that isn't already in effect for most ships in the game already?

- Poor dispersion at extreme range. This is dubious; let's be honest - EVERY ship in the game is inaccurate at long range - hence the disdain for the BB sniper hanging at the back not being able to hit anything.

- Short range. Not really a downside - because it means the RU BBs need to get CLOSER. Whereupon they get more ACCURATE.

If they're being balanced by the same people who did the balancing for the CV Rework I shouldn't really be surprised. I just need to be grateful that they haven't made them even more idiot-proof.

Rant over.

My beef is not X or Y nation being added - I don't want to see WOWS go the way of WoT. There is a reason that game is in the decline and it has everything to do with the devs churning out content at the expense of game balance.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[LADA]
[LADA]
Players
263 posts
5,569 battles
15 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Less content doesn't automatically mean quality or balance. Sure there is a lot of things that could be improved but in the end people play this game because of ships, and if there is no new ships than game would have less and less to offer to its players. Whit only real ships, only option would be introduction of sister ship of already existing ships. "Here have 120th Fletcher in the game and there is still another 55 to go!" No thanks. 

Sorry - just saw this and have to respectfully disagree. Less 'stuff' is easier to balance - simply because it means less variables that have to be worked out. On the other hand, if you introduce too much stuff without getting the basics correct you are just compounding the problem.

Is it easier to juggle 3 balls or 6? 

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this