You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
elblancogringo

[ poll ] Giulio Cesare, you want her to stay in T5 or move to T6?

GC to stay in T5 or move to T6  

200 members have voted

1. 1. In the case of WG changing the stats of GC, would you prefer moving the ship to T6 or keep her in T5 but nerfed?

• Move her to T6
    • Nerf her but stay in T5
    • I don't care, I just want her to be balanced

141 comments in this topic

Players
1,006 posts
6,184 battles

As an owner of Giulio Cesare, I am perfectly aware of the ship strenth.

It is obviously too strong currently for T5, but I'd rather have her nerfed, even though it's a premium, than seeing her moved to T6.

Indeed, WG said there would be refund possible, so in that case, why not just modifying some statistics? Why re-tiering a ship?

I don't want to face tier 8 ships, and I have enough Tier 6 premiums already.

Guys, what is your opinion about this?

• Cool 3
  • Bad 8

Players
1,006 posts
6,184 battles
4 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Can I have an option: Don't care as long as she becomes a balanced ship? :Smile_hiding:

I didn't think about a "don't care" option. But well, if you don't care, don't vote :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Players
3,224 posts
14,820 battles
7 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

I don't want to face tier 8 ships, and I have enough Tier 6 premiums already.

This. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

4,669 posts
9,154 battles
1 minute ago, elblancogringo said:

if you don't care, don't vote

I care about her getting nerfed, I don't care in which of the two given ways though .... 

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,206 battles

I need an option "either works as long as the result is balanced". You can keep it as-is and move the ship, or you can introduce it to nerfbat. Result's the same

• Cool 1

[BUSHI]
Players
3,627 posts
18,613 battles

For now This poll looks like: do you want You wallet robbed at park with severe beating or mayby just your bank account could be "cleaned" ?

So please add option: neither

• Cool 11
  • Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
18,887 posts
12,062 battles
1 minute ago, Odo_Toothless said:

For now This poll looks like: do you want be wallet robbed at park with severe beating ro mayby just your bank account can be "cleaned" ?

Thankfully the GC is neither my wallet, nor my bank account.

Players
1,006 posts
6,184 battles
7 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I need an option "either works as long as the result is balanced". You can keep it as-is and move the ship, or you can introduce it to nerfbat. Result's the same

2 minutes ago, Odo_Toothless said:

For now This poll looks like: do you want be wallet robbed at park with severe beating or mayby your bank account can be "cleaned" ?

ok ok, poll edited

• Cool 1

[L7P]
Beta Tester
31 posts
7,902 battles

If WG change a premium vehicle for worse no more pennies from me or my kids for anything to do with WG.

Sorry, unless compensation is enough to satisfy my kids.

Edited by Ragin_aj
  • Cool 1

[BUSHI]
Players
3,627 posts
18,613 battles
6 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

ok ok, poll edited

So where is 4 option: I do not like any changes to her

Anyway as others stated: any nerf without real compensation (I paid cash)  = wallet closed forever from me

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

Players
1,006 posts
6,184 battles
5 minutes ago, Odo_Toothless said:

So where is 4 option: I do not like any changes to her

Anyway as others stated: any nerf without real compensations in cash = wallet closed forever from me

This post was made while having in mind a necessary change for the ship. The option "I don't want any change" is voluntarily not mentionned, as I asked people to react to a potential future change.

The GC is known to be too strong currently for her tier, that's a fact. If you don't want her to be changed, then ignore this post.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[BUSHI]
Players
3,627 posts
18,613 battles
6 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

The GC is known to be too strong currently for her tier, that's a fact. If you don't want her to be changed, then ignore this post.

So after this poll WG will tell: see - 100% of people want Her to be ballanced in some way. GG.

Anyway I want ballance in game too. Just I know that there will be no real compensation for that, so there is only one answer: no !

Real poll should like thet:

- I am an owner of GC and: 1.2.3.4.5.6

- I am not an owner of GC and: 1.2.3 ... etc.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
18,887 posts
12,062 battles
1 minute ago, Odo_Toothless said:

So after this poll WG will tell: see - 100% of people want Her to be ballanced in some way. GG.

Yeah sure.... :fish_palm:

Maybe you think like that.

• Bad 1

Players
407 posts
8,095 battles

I don't have a dog in this fight so haven't voted. I suppose when looking for a Premium ship to buy with cash some people look at the performance and others are thinking of the matchmaking.

So when there is a binary option of nerfing a Premium ship to maintain her Tier, or finding small buffs to make her adequate at a higher Tier, which side of the argument you are on is probably derived from your motivation for buying her in the first place.

Changing her Tier is a blatant deviation from her original product description, so I imagine it would be less risky to find some small nerfs to keep her at Tier 5 as a Gudbote. It isn't necessary for WG to go too far in the opposite direction and completely trash her.

Looking at her past performance in Ranked Sprint 1 & 2 does demonstrate how much of an outlier she currently is. But at the same time I don't think it's necessary to nerf any pre-existing Premium ship that has subsequently (or consequently) been withdrawn from sale: because of the artificial scarcity they're not being played enough to dominate the meta, and because of retention the number of owners should be going down. So WG stop putting more of your OP ships into circulation!

Players
2,484 posts
15,503 battles

Here's the ideal solution. (relatively cheap if WG ever produces models for an Italian Battleship line... something tells me WOWs doesn't have the legs)

1926 refit (13 x 305mm guns, 22 knots) gets balance for tier 5 (Conte di Cavour)

1937 refit (10 x 320mm guns, 27 knots) gets balance for tier 6. (Giulio Cesare)

People can choose one they keep for a limited time, then get defaulted with the tier 5 (Conte di Cavour)

• Cool 8

Players
407 posts
8,095 battles
1 minute ago, creamgravy said:

Here's the ideal solution. (relatively cheap if WG ever produces models for an Italian Battleship line... something tells me WOWs doesn't have the legs)

1926 refit (13 x 305mm guns, 22 knots) gets balance for tier 5 (Conte di Cavour)

People can choose one they keep for a limited time, then get defaulted with the tier 5 (Conte di Cavour)

Brilliant. So everyone wins.

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
495 posts
10,622 battles

I wouldn't mind her in tier 6. If she needs a little something more to help her along in this bracket, then give it to her, as long as she is balanced. As a nice little aside, I could use her for some fun in operations now and then.

In any case, come what may refund is out of the question, collection-wise I attach too much value to her name and history to give her up. 

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

Missing the option: its not like WG listens to its testers/CC/players anyways...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
18,887 posts
12,062 battles
10 minutes ago, creamgravy said:

While you can make anything work in this game, ideal looks different.

The orginal class is Tier IV and the GC is a heavily reworked ship, like the Kongo and Oktober and belongs to Tier V.

Players
203 posts
3,270 battles

You do understand that those who are vocal about this change mostly wanna keep their OP Ship right?

It is no secret anymore. Some players pay money to get OP Ships and they paid money because it was an OP Ship and now they dont want to lose said OP Ship. Thats why they get upset.

Sure, those players always wear the pelt of a "lamb". Whenever the issue is to "balance" other peoples ships they will be the fighters on the forefront but when it comes to their ships...well...lets say balance is good as long as it does not affect them!

• Boring 1
  • Bad 4

Players
2,484 posts
15,503 battles
20 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Kongo

Fast Battleship Kongo should tier 6 too, that was discussed quite a bit when the game first came out. It's significantly better than NY.

20 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The orginal class is Tier IV

The original GC competes with Iron Duke, Texas, König, Bretagne etc. All were commissioned in 1914 or later. That's why they put it at tier 5 in the first place, guess you need to move all those to tier 4 too?

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,271 posts
7,693 battles
1 hour ago, Allied_Winter said:

I care about her getting nerfed, I don't care in which of the two given ways though .... 

As it's been removed from the shop (although as was pointed out elsewhere the GC was still available in the Xmas loot boxes) they should leave it alone (yes, I did buy one with real money on release).

When I've played T5 battles I only ever see one or two on the teams so it's not as if everyone is playing them all the time.  Maybe just exclude them from any T5 ranked series - no need to change it then.

It's not as if it's a TX ship that affects CB or anything else.

• Cool 1

4,669 posts
9,154 battles
1 minute ago, BrusilovX said:

As it's been removed from the shop they should leave it alone

Just because it can't be bought anymore, doesn't mean it will stop being OP. It's OP thus the same principle as with silver ships should be applied.

HOWEVER: In case of OP Premimumships that have been used as bait for Santa Containers, WG should offer a hefty compensation for EVERYBODY that either wants to keep the ship AND the people wo give the ship back.

• Cool 3

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,271 posts
7,693 battles
7 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Just because it can't be bought anymore, doesn't mean it will stop being OP. It's OP thus the same principle as with silver ships should be applied.

HOWEVER: In case of OP Premimumships that have been used as bait for Santa Containers, WG should offer a hefty compensation for EVERYBODY that either wants to keep the ship AND the people wo give the ship back.

You've ignored the other bits where I mentioned that mitigate against the GC having an impact.

If they change a premium ship that players have bought for real money then WG need to refund that money and not give dubloons (unless the owner is happy to get them).

If WG are not happy with the performance of a ship they need to introduce improved ways to test ships before they are released or just listen to the super testers or CCs.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1