You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Milan_G_

burning dubloons without knowing that ( ! )

has wargaming this right? when its about your money?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. look picture pls, : the check icon is there allways automaticly ( !! ).

• wg is burning with this my dubloons even when i dont wanna to.
    • wg doing OK. its only about to be allways concetrated and uncheck that.

21 comments in this topic

[O-S-W]
Players
569 posts
16,229 battles

i think this problem is here so long. but no one carres.

law.JPG

• Cool 4
  • Boring 3

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,200 posts

Oh... you again.

Might I ask, as so many things are unclear to you despite being crystal clear to all the rest of the server, what your primary language is? I see that you are struggling with english. Maybe instead of complaing about all the things you don't understand and blaming Wargaming for it, you should request a language version of the game that you can actually understand.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
780 posts
4,471 battles

I agree, it should automatically be turned off. It should be up to the player if he/she wants to spend doubloons. 

• Cool 6

Beta Tester
18 posts
13,169 battles

I agree, i hate the way WG develops their games to try and trap you into accidentally spending gold

Edited by KrazyKat
bad grammer
  • Cool 2

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,200 posts

To add to what I wrote above and to actually be on-topic:

I agree that we should at least have a global setting for consumables to use up our doubloons.

I'll personally will never get into a situation where I accidentally spend money on signals or other consumables, due to the many hundreds of standard signals I have yet still looking very carefully which ones I mount before each battle. But I can see how I might be the exception here.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Players
457 posts
7,190 battles

It can happen to any of us. It seems to be there by design to get you a least a couple of times. I think this should not be a source of suspicion and therefore distrust in WG.

[BUSHI]
Players
3,623 posts
18,600 battles

Simple doublon "lock" option is out of WG programmers possibility ;-)

Anyway, disabling forced doublons option for buying materials, was a real "shock" for most of us.

Players
252 posts

I have an odd number of doubloons atm. I am bleeding them from somewhere and don't know where. Having around 125 ships in port makes it difficult to track down where the problem is. Haven't lost any in couple of weeks, but this bugs me from time to time.

• Cool 3

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,206 battles
3 hours ago, Milan_G_ said:

i think this problem is here so long. but no one carres.

Didn't you complain about this exact thing a few months ago already? Did you really manage to fall into the same trap twice? :fish_palm:

I think it's perfectly fine. You didn't pay attention = you ended up paying for it. Just how it should be

1 hour ago, Fatal_Ramses said:

I have an odd number of doubloons atm. I am bleeding them from somewhere and don't know where. Having around 125 ships in port makes it difficult to track down where the problem is. Haven't lost any in couple of weeks, but this bugs me from time to time.

Here's a tip how to reduce that number of ships you need to look through: ships sitting in port don't use anything, only the ones you play do.

Unless you play all 125 of them regularly enough that should reduce the number of ships to check to just a few

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,258 posts
7,665 battles

I agree that there should be a global setting of "don't use dubloons" for refills of camo or flags.

But this has been around for a while now and while it is a pain to do so I check that this option hasn't been changed from being unchecked to checked.

• Cool 1

Players
1,077 posts
8,084 battles

It's happened to me a couple times too. Of course I "know" how it works, but mistakes happen especially when quickly applying camos to knew ships and when talking on team speak at the same time, etc.

It's a bit of a douchy mechanic IMO. It feels like you're trying to trick me out of €0.50 when I'm already buying your 50€ ships.

• Cool 4

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,566 posts
13,652 battles

The thing which is annoying me almost as much as having to uncheck this box for every new ship is that the game does not remember your setting once you have removed the last flag (for whatever reason). For example if you dismounted all your flags for some coop grind and you want to play random games again, you have to again and again and again uncheck the box once you demount and mount some flags.

• Cool 3

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

OP issue is valid yes...

WoT Aslain mod has a mod where you can lock Gold and FXP so they're never spent accidentally.

Would be nice to have that feature here for Doubloons atleast... 

• Cool 1

Players
1,633 posts
5,964 battles
9 hours ago, Egoleter said:

Oh... you again.

Might I ask, as so many things are unclear to you despite being crystal clear to all the rest of the server, what your primary language is? I see that you are struggling with english. Maybe instead of complaing about all the things you don't understand and blaming Wargaming for it, you should request a language version of the game that you can actually understand.

English or not the guy does have a point. So rather than be a total jerkoff why not stick on topic?

Too many grammar nazies in the world, stepping on every mistake stfu....

• Cool 3

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,754 posts
8,805 battles

Logically it makes sense the way it is.

Would it be more "consumer friendly" to default to not spend currency. Possibly.

Personally as someone who takes care not to unintentionally use doubloons, I'd rather have other players bleeding doubloons than showing up in my team without camo/signals.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles

Oh, it's that dummy again. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,640 posts
6,550 battles
4 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

English or not the guy does have a point. So rather than be a total jerkoff why not stick on topic?

Too many grammar nazies in the world, stepping on every mistake stfu....

The OP has a long history of making threads where he tries to find issues where there really isn't any in the first place, so even now when the topic is valid it is still hard to take him seriously.

It also does not help his case that most forumites are fully aware of the problem and it has been discussed to great lenghts in the past.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,200 posts
5 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

English or not the guy does have a point. So rather than be a total [redacted] why not stick on topic?

Too many [redacted] in the world, stepping on every mistake [redacted]....

You could have read on and notice my later post. Or at least notice that I did not try to correct his spelling or anything like that.

I'm not trying to insult him there (unlike what you did to me in your reply) but made a serious suggestion. The user has shown quite clearly in the past that he has problems with understanding the english language. A language version of the game he can understand would help him a lot.

Beta Tester
2,816 posts
10,550 battles

How do people even survive in the real world, if they cannot watch after their doubloons in this game? 

Just open your eyes when you press buttons. You equip a signal, look what it says on the screen. 

Don't be a mindless victim. 

• Cool 2

Players
1,077 posts
8,084 battles
9 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

How do people even survive in the real world, if they cannot watch after their doubloons in this game? 

Just open your eyes when you press buttons. You equip a signal, look what it says on the screen. 

Don't be a mindless victim. 

Mindless victim ... it's not a goddamned war.

Your argument is equivalent (in principle though not degree) to removing all manhole covers and telling people to keep their eyes open.

I'm a customer of WG giving a suggestion on how to improve the product. All I'm saying is the UI could be better, and could be designed to minimize this mistake apparently many do.

Players
42 posts
99 battles

Hello guys,

This thread has been locked due to non constructive content.

Thank you for your understanding! :Smile_glasses:

Have a nice Sunday! :Smile_coin: