Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor

Side bars vs "reality"

7 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
2,109 posts
14,325 battles

Hi,

I'm using this mod "Badobest side bars v.2" which shows the remaining hitpoints of the ships in small bar graphs, and from past discussions I gather the amount shown (for enemy ships) is from the time when the ship in question was last spotted.

 

However.

 

Near the end of my last game, it showed the enemy top tier BB (unspotted) in full health, about which a remark was made in chat, to which another player replied, "No, maybe 27K."

 

How is it possible for him to know that when the sidebars don't? Is there another mod that doesn't rely on spotting? Did the player in question inflict damage on the enemy BB and run the numbers in his head or what?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,112 posts
7,584 battles
2 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Near the end of my last game, it showed the enemy top tier BB (unspotted) in full health, about which a remark was made in chat, to which another player replied, "No, maybe 27K."

 

How is it possible for him to know that when the sidebars don't? Is there another mod that doesn't rely on spotting? Did the player in question inflict damage on the enemy BB and run the numbers in his head or what?

 

It might be, that the BB was spotted but outside of your maximum spotting range. This happens to DDs a lot. I have only played with that mod for a short while, thats why im not 100% on this but: afaik, the healthbar does only update, when you yourself also see said ship. Again, not 100% sure on that, but it would certainly explain this. And someone must have spotted that BB before, else he couldnt have taken damage right? btw - was he right with the 27k estimate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,264 battles
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

It might be, that the BB was spotted but outside of your maximum spotting range. This happens to DDs a lot. I have only played with that mod for a short while, thats why im not 100% on this but: afaik, the healthbar does only update, when you yourself also see said ship.

That.

 

It's typically easy to see how this works if you spawned on one end of the map, then later in the game transition to another flank and as soon you get within rendering range your ships instantly go from full HP to their current HP as if they've just received a big hit.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
18,838 posts
12,049 battles

Or he hit the BB with torps while it was unspotted and just subtracted the torpedo damage...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,018 posts
21,091 battles
38 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

That.

 

It's typically easy to see how this works if you spawned on one end of the map, then later in the game transition to another flank and as soon you get within rendering range your ships instantly go from full HP to their current HP as if they've just received a big hit.

Yep. Have been afraid of full hp dd-s at the end of game when i've had 25% to discover they had 200hp when spotted :D

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,206 battles
4 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Hi,

I'm using this mod "Badobest side bars v.2" which shows the remaining hitpoints of the ships in small bar graphs, and from past discussions I gather the amount shown (for enemy ships) is from the time when the ship in question was last spotted.

 

However.

 

Near the end of my last game, it showed the enemy top tier BB (unspotted) in full health, about which a remark was made in chat, to which another player replied, "No, maybe 27K."

 

How is it possible for him to know that when the sidebars don't? Is there another mod that doesn't rely on spotting? Did the player in question inflict damage on the enemy BB and run the numbers in his head or what?

 

The ship needs to be spotted AND within your max view range.

 

This is what makes the mod great for BBs (I use it in CB to always have a reliable info on enemy HP across the map - it's not easy being outside of BBs view range) while being kind of meh on DDs (you simply don't see far enough to stay updated)

 

As for "other mods" - there is the Team HP counter (appears at the top of the screen), but that too requires enemies to be spotted. I'm not sure about the within vision range part, but I'd assume it's still there otherwise your game may simply have no idea what their HP is

 

3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Or he hit the BB with torps while it was unspotted and just subtracted the torpedo damage...

Also possible. Less likely, but definitely possible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×