Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
I_need_an_adult

Congrats!

17 comments in this topic

Players
6 posts
3,553 battles

It actually feels like 0.8.1 fixes most of what was wrong with 0.8.0.

CV's are still a factor but not overwhelming, they're not everywhere yet it still could be fun for them.

Last week I'd given up, now it feels like WOWS is back.

Still work to do but for me, as a non-CV player, it feels much, much better.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 9

[COTNS]
Players
216 posts
3,544 battles
Just now, I_need_an_adult said:

CV's are still a factor but not overwhelming, they're not everywhere yet it still could be fun for them.

Last week I'd given up, now it feels like WOWS is back.

Still work to do but for me, as a non-CV player, it feels much, much better.

go give CV a try and let us know how fun it is to have no planes left in the first 5 minutes and be forced to run with 1/3 of a squad at best for the rest of the game. 

• Cool 11
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,206 battles
2 hours ago, I_need_an_adult said:

You mean 0.8.0.1

0.8.1 will come in about 3 weeks

Here's a tip:try playing CVs yourself right now. We'll see about that "everything's fine" then

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2

[TOXIC]
Players
4,508 posts
11,466 battles

Try them and say the second part again, with a straight face :Smile_teethhappy:

I mean, I don't say it's impossible to have fun in them. In fact, I even know of two players who actually do have it. One has fun despite struggling quite a bit (while overall being a pretty decent player in things that are not CVs) and another is a notorious super-unicum that currently plays Midway exclusively and has quite outstanding results. The same super-unicum also mentioned having checked out what he considers the second-strongest CV right now - and promptly deciding that, for now, he won't be planning on touching anything other than the Midway :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,108 posts
8,574 battles
3 hours ago, kingzy2013 said:

go give CV a try and let us know how fun it is to have no planes left in the first 5 minutes and be forced to run with 1/3 of a squad at best for the rest of the game. 

But they have infinite planes!!!

Every below avarage player knows that!!!

• Cool 3

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,022 posts
21,133 battles
3 hours ago, CraftyVeteran said:

the more cvags whine, the more I know the devs made the right choice. 

Suuuure, considering devs wanted more carriers in game. You are so right.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[-GOD-]
Players
949 posts
15,338 battles

What 0.8.0.1 did was ease the pressure on the community by breaking CV's some more, in new and improved ways :Smile_trollface:. I'm happy to see players like you (and me) not being pushed out of playing the game since the 0.8.0 disaster was introduced, but the CV rework still needs a lot of rework. I also almost gave up, but am still playing due to the Hotfix.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,535 posts
10,106 battles

Well at least they'll make the console players happy.

• Funny 1

[RO-RN]
Players
517 posts
6,799 battles

Do not worry they are a minority, after CV RTS style was removed they came out so they can protect theyre farming damage simulator boats! but WG are not that dumb to listen to them, they did it for console reasons and not for balancing ones. and soon these CVS will become extinct.. it is just a matter of time!

• Boring 4
  • Bad 1

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
9 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

Do not worry they are a minority, after CV RTS style was removed they came out so they can protect theyre farming damage simulator boats! but WG are not that dumb to listen to them, they did it for console reasons and not for balancing ones. and soon these CVS will become extinct.. it is just a matter of time!

Soon there wil be a UK CV event...then there will be even more CV to choose from, and these will be marketed ofcourse. Not extinction...hyping and selling them !

But WG promised to reduce the amount of CV to 1 per side. That is really what disturbed the balance in game, the only WG choice that turned out to be great a mistake. Your life will be better with only 1 enemy squadron roaming the skies, your stealth will not be broken all the time if you have any skills, and you won't be under air attack all the time.

But if discovered, not only cannon fire and torpedo's will be incoming but rocket aircraft aswell. I suspect with the brits you may even be the target of carpet bombing in smoke :-))))

[RO-RN]
Players
517 posts
6,799 battles
1 minute ago, Beastofwar said:

Soon there wil be a UK CV event...then there will be even more CV to choose from, and these will be marketed ofcourse. Not extinction...hyping and selling them !

But WG promised to reduce the amount of CV to 1 per side. That is really what disturbed the balance in game, the only WG choice that turned out to be great a mistake. Your life will be better with only 1 enemy squadron raoming the skies, your stealth will not be broken all the time if you have any skills, and you won't be under air attack all the time.

But if discovered, not only cannon fire and torpedo's will be incoming but rocket aircraft aswell. I suspect with the brits you may even be the target of carpet bombing in smoke :-))))

And then soviet bbs will arrive! lest see how many there will be then!

• Angry 1

Players
183 posts
11,672 battles
6 hours ago, kfa said:

But they have infinite planes!!!

Every below avarage player knows that!!!

It's time we end with that nonsense.  
The CVs don't have infinite planes. 
Their planes respawn infinitely. But at what rate? They respawn infinitely at the rate of 1 plane every 100seconds or around there. (correct me if i am wrong in that)  
Their initial hangar is 15 planes. Each full plane group has 9 planes. So when they perform an attack if they lose all planes (and with the 8.0.1 hotfix they will) then their next wave will be 2/3ds and when they lose all that too then they will be sitting ducks. This is the big misconception that was created by certain people by ignorance or on purpose.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
509 posts
4,483 battles
19 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Im not a cv player, but what you said deserves some btchslaping ;)

you're welcome to try if you think have the grapes for it.

[NC]
Beta Tester
68 posts
5,344 battles
18 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

But WG promised to reduce the amount of CV to 1 per side. That is really what disturbed the balance in game, the only WG choice that turned out to be great a mistake. Your life will be better with only 1 enemy squadron roaming the skies, your stealth will not be broken all the time if you have any skills, and you won't be under air attack all the time.

The problem is rather simple, if you ever played shooter games, you always had this 1 guy that was a G0D with sniper rifles. He would kill enemies left and right, getting scores of 50-3 at the end of each round. They were the most hated player in the game, or perhaps BF2 jet players. Getting the same score. 

People who specialize in a certain class are often alienated from the others that use "similar type" classes. A CV is a rather unique ship. So when people see a good score with a CV player they automatically assume OP.

• Cool 2

Players
42 posts
99 battles

Hello everyone,

I cleaned this thread.

Please follow our Forum Rules. :cap_book:

Thank you!

Have a nice Sunday! :fish_sleep:

Beta Tester
81 posts

Last night in my Izumo i was forced to turn by a couple of enemy bbs cuz i had only 15k hp left. around the island there was 2 enemy cvs. Dont think they did more than 10 k to me while they both focused me. I had a total of 65 planes shot down that game and 50 of them was after i started shooting them. Mind you i used 4-5 salvoes on each of them at 8 km broadside (yay Izumo guns) This was without any AA mods or captain skills in a bb that has one of the crappiest AA at its tier. Must be frustrating to play cv now (i have a grand total of 46 cv games under my belt RTS style, none after 8.0) Calling the hotfix a good solution is just silly! 

Sign in to follow this