Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zlaraki

Whats your average dmg on T8 CV?

34 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
317 posts
3,726 battles

I wasnt privilged to play pre hotfix, but CV seem kinda underwhelming atm. Perhaps Im just a trash CV player, I wouldnt even call my self a CV since I just recently switched out of curiosity.

 

My biggest issue is that I'm not dealing enough dmg as Im supposed to do. Every class has their insignia achievement goal. So far, I feel I can achieve every insignia ingame if I put enough focus and time into, except for the CV. My dmg is not close at all to whats supposed to be.

 

I'm currently playing with Shokaku. My issue is that I can only attack ships during one swing if I'm lucky. I either get my planes to atk or my planes get completely destroyed, if I do happen to survive then the only sensible thing is to return, because there is no point going in there again with 3k health.

 

This is my overall opinion on Shokaku:

 

- attack aircraft: I like it, no complaints here, except that I can use it maybe once or twice if Im lucky.

- Torpedo: Its very challenging to aim, but I can get used to it. My only complaint is that I find it mindboggling how Shokaku has only 2 torps flying out, 50 knots and with laughable dmg of 7k. 

- Dive bombers: Not easy to aim at all and very clunky. Perhaps I should give it more time.

 

Anyway my biggest concern is dmg. Torpedos should be my bread and butter. I have to fly there all the way and hope you are all alone without much AA to try and land -+5k dmg? Because after that one swing I have to return and repair my planes. 

Arent we supposed to deal more dmg than BB? 

 

 

Anyway perhaps Im wrong. I would like to know how much dmg you guys deal on your T8 CV?

I deal 20k-50k dmg.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,779 posts
8,909 battles

I've played both pre- and post-hotfix, but most of it was pre-hotfix.

With my favorite t8 CV which is also my best performing, the Graf Zeppelin, I have 63k average damage.

It's then downhill from there:

Saipan - 52k

Kaga - 49k

Shokaku - 35k

Enterprise - 32k

 

Both GZ and Saipan can mitigate some of the insane AA passive damage by having a combination of both fast and tough planes in general. GZ especially has the Ta-152s as torp and dive bombers which are not only fast but have incredibly long engine boost.

Kaga just has a truckload of planes to feed to the passive AA aura grinder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Players
4,570 posts
8,062 battles
20 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

My biggest issue is that I'm not dealing enough dmg as Im supposed to do. Every class has their insignia achievement goal. So far, I feel I can achieve every insignia ingame if I put enough focus and time into, except for the CV. My dmg is not close at all to whats supposed to be.

you can pretty much ignore those right now - they were introduced and balanced way before the rework, so they have pretty much nothing to do with the current state of the game (and the current state of CVs balance wise doesnt even have anything to do with what it was two days ago, so...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
267 posts
14,161 battles
33 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

I feel I can achieve every insignia ingame if I put enough focus and time into, except for the CV.

Oddly enough, I did achieve the first CV insignia during the rework. By playing 98 eligible games with RTS carriers and achieving a sufficient average damage so that I only needed two more games where I would not have needed to do any damage at all.

 

My damage in the tier 8 CVs is pathetic. I'm somehow over the server average with Lexington at 49k, but with Shokaku I'm at 26k. Don't ask me why. Shokaku is terrible compared to Lexington, but not that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
317 posts
3,726 battles

Thanks for your output guys. Apparantly you share the same expierence as me. I just checked my average dmg and it comes down to 36k on average which is quite sad. I hate the fact that I cant punish isolated players anymore. Whats more infuriating is that they repair my friggin fire dmg and my torps on their way back cant cause any flooding to punish them for that rookie mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts

I think i would average between 30-40k as i am thrown in tier X a lot like others said too. If these tier X big ships pack together roasting some foreward scrawny DD with rockets is pretty much all damage i  can get. That and having some fish off in a kamikaze run no one survives. Banzaiiii !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,307 posts
16,490 battles

I averaged almost 100k in the Enterprise but that was before the hotfix. Generally speaking I would refrain from playing T8 CVs right now since getting up tiered is beyond painful. Wait a couple of days for WG to roll out the next fix which they've already scheduled for next week.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COTNS]
Players
216 posts
3,544 battles

pre-hotfix 85k average with saipan but now i wont even take her out. her plane recharge time is far to long and i know regardless of what i do other than spotting ill be out of planes in the first 5 minutes and be afk for the majority of the rest of the game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,660 posts
245 battles

I dont have the lexington unlocked yet but i still want to say that i have a 38k damage rating in my ranger after almost 30 games played in it with around 40% of games up tiered to tier 8 roughly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,613 posts
10,832 battles

Hi all,

 

Yesterday I had Tier VIII USN CV in my team - almost 150 battles already played in new (post v0.8.x) CV but just 10K average damage, 0.1 kills per game and 30% WinRate... he died within first few minutes... :Smile_amazed:

 

We, of course, lost without spotting... :Smile-angry:

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
3,646 posts
14,329 battles
17 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

 

Yesterday I had Tier VIII USN CV in my team - almost 150 battles already played in new (post v0.8.x) CV but just 10K average damage, 0.1 kills per game and 30% WinRate... he died within first few minutes... :Smile_amazed:

 

We, of course, lost without spotting... :Smile-angry:

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

It's honestly good to have these players tanking their teams, just to see what kind of influence this iteration of cvs have on battles. 30% WR on 150 battles is kind of influential.... The spotting potential still to great for cvs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,613 posts
10,832 battles

Hi all,

 

6 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

It's honestly good to have these players tanking their teams, just to see what kind of influence this iteration of cvs have on battles. 30% WR on 150 battles is kind of influential.... The spotting potential still to great for cvs?

 

He didn't spot at all... he got killed by enemy "Asashio" just few minutes into the game (and he never moved)... you can imagine the chat in our team...

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,078 posts
8,085 battles

I have 82k on Enterprise, over 17 games (mostly pre-hotfix).

 

Similar on Lexington, but just 3 games.

 

It's definitely tough in T10 games right. That said, I just pulled 111k in a T10 game in the Lexington -- but that was mostly because the enemy team had these BB's who still felt it's a good idea to sail alone. Clusters of ships are pretty much hopeless targets. I was essentially deplaned towards the end of the game, leaving with squadrons with only one attack flight in them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
3,646 posts
14,329 battles
8 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

He didn't spot at all... he got killed by enemy "Asashio" just few minutes into the game (and he never moved)... you can imagine the chat in our team...

Yea, but my point is that it seems cvs still are too influential in battles. One of the aspects WG wanted to change in this rework. A bad cv player shouldn't be able to drag his team down 70% of the games. I suspect the spotting aspect still plays a too large role in how cvs influence the battles. A decent cv will more or less eliminate the effectiveness of enemy dds. Maybe this needs to change to make cvs more in line with other classes.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,083 battles
5 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Yea, but my point is that it seems cvs still are too influential in battles. One of the aspects WG wanted to change in this rework. A bad cv player shouldn't be able to drag his team down 70% of the games. I suspect the spotting aspect still plays a too large role in how cvs influence the battles. A decent cv will more or less eliminate the effectiveness of enemy dds. Maybe this needs to change to make cvs more in line with other classes.

CVs have become influential in an unhealthy way now. Since the hotfix they do very little damage and can't really hurt a ship if there is 1 or more ships with him but the problem is they can still keep the enemy perma spotted from the very start as they have no reload time on sending out planes. This wasn't an issue in RTS as at the start of the match they had to wait for planes to load which gave the enemy time to get to caps etc. Also once they did their full strike it was at least a minute and a half before their next one which gave the enemy a breather and time to get back up def AA. Also it wasn't in their interest to keep the enemy perma spotted as they would have to either sacrifice fighters to do so or sacrifice strike potential whereas rework CVs can do both spotting and striking constantly which has lead to this unhealthy playstyle of team just balling up and not moving away from each other no matter what. So what I'm saying is as much as everyone hated RTS it was a much better system and would have been easier to tweak it rather than do this rework which is failing so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
3,646 posts
14,329 battles
5 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

CVs have become influential in an unhealthy way now. Since the hotfix they do very little damage and can't really hurt a ship if there is 1 or more ships with him but the problem is they can still keep the enemy perma spotted from the very start as they have no reload time on sending out planes. This wasn't an issue in RTS as at the start of the match they had to wait for planes to load which gave the enemy time to get to caps etc. Also once they did their full strike it was at least a minute and a half before their next one which gave the enemy a breather and time to get back up def AA. Also it wasn't in their interest to keep the enemy perma spotted as they would have to either sacrifice fighters to do so or sacrifice strike potential whereas rework CVs can do both spotting and striking constantly which has lead to this unhealthy playstyle of team just balling up and not moving away from each other no matter what. So what I'm saying is as much as everyone hated RTS it was a much better system and would have been easier to tweak it rather than do this rework which is failing so far. 

It's still extremely early and they can balance and tweak the new system in a number of ways. The RTS system had some inherent issues that were tougher to change. This rework wouldn't have been done if WG thought it would be possible to make the RTS system 'functional'. Redoing an entire class is costly and risky, just look at the feedback on the forum... There's no chance this was something they wanted if there was an easier alternative around. Still takes a few months of balancing to see what we end up with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,083 battles
8 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

It's still extremely early and they can balance and tweak the new system in a number of ways. The RTS system had some inherent issues that were tougher to change. This rework wouldn't have been done if WG thought it would be possible to make the RTS system 'functional'. Redoing an entire class is costly and risky, just look at the feedback on the forum... There's no chance this was something they wanted if there was an easier alternative around. Still takes a few months of balancing to see what we end up with.

1 word... console. if they listened to CV mains who were trying to help them fix RTS they could have easily done it and they know it. this rework was done for console. simple as that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,372 posts
9,168 battles
6 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

1 word... console. if they listened to CV mains who were trying to help them fix RTS they could have easily done it and they know it. this rework was done for console. simple as that.

The best part is, mobile version of boats have RTS, albeit simplified one. That and they can play with secondaries directly:cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-GOD-]
Players
1,104 posts
15,824 battles
7 hours ago, Zlaraki said:

Snip - I hate the fact that I cant punish isolated players anymore. Whats more infuriating is that they repair my friggin fire dmg and my torps on their way back cant cause any flooding to punish them for that rookie mistake.

Their punishment should be sustained permanent damage, but not insta deletion right? If healthy ships can't take a risk by wandering off because they get insta deleted by an isolated group of airplanes (fires and flooding damage included), we will be stuck with mega blobs in random matches for ever.:Smile_unsure:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,192 posts
9,271 battles

I've had only like 5 games in my Shokaku since the hotfix and I decided to look up the damage numbers.

My average damage per game since the hotfix with Shokaku (in those only 5 games, which I wouldn't really call representative) was about 49k.

 

Playing a single Ranger game in Aegis I had less damage I think :Smile_hiding:

1 hour ago, loppantorkel said:

It's still extremely early and they can balance and tweak the new system in a number of ways. The RTS system had some inherent issues that were tougher to change. This rework wouldn't have been done if WG thought it would be possible to make the RTS system 'functional'. Redoing an entire class is costly and risky, just look at the feedback on the forum... There's no chance this was something they wanted if there was an easier alternative around. Still takes a few months of balancing to see what we end up with.

One inherent issue with the RTS carriers was to send fighters to hover above all the caps. What choice did you have as a DD player if your own CV player sucked?

Now there's more counterplay for DD players and since the rework I've basically been playing nothing but CVs and DDs and have been enjoying DD more then CV actually (mostly since the hotfix, but DD was fun even before the hotfix).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,844 posts
14,993 battles
10 hours ago, Zlaraki said:

I wasnt privilged to play pre hotfix, but CV seem kinda underwhelming atm.

You

                                                                 Games Played         Win%                  PR            Damage                  Frags
Shokaku (<30.01.2019)                                  19                   52.63%                739           35 408                   0.53    


 Shokaku    (post hotfix)                                  21                  52.38%                 737          38 224                    0.71  

 

 

What is the issue?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NKK]
Beta Tester
765 posts
7,604 battles

Well, the only CV I have played in significant numbers before and after the rework is the Lexington. Before: 57k damage (I used 2-0-2 a lot, btw, 22 planes destroyed per game). I don't have stats post-fix, as I played very few games after seeing what has happened, but after the rework it's just 42k damage. (and 3.5 planes destroyed). Mind you, I have a 69% WR in the new Lexington.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,177 posts
6,442 battles

Some of them have very low numbers of games, so take with a pinch of salt;

 

Shok: 137k (1 game) -pre rework

Lexington: 155k (1 game) - post rework

Saipan: 90k (2 games - 1 pre, one post). Post game was 108k

Kaga: 71k (9 games, 1 pre, 8 post)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×