Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CarVasilije

Over-nerfed CVs

360 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[D-O-D]
Players
17 posts
8,090 battles

Really?!?!?!?!?! WTF is going on? CVs cant even get back planes who done attack...I know that game must get balanced and that were some things needed to be adressed, but this went to far. This is just toooooo much. And its only done beacuse of whining players who does not know to adapt and dont want to adapt with their own will. I am really confused right now. Are you going to listen to players who spend one or two hours thinkg how to balance game, or will you do it proffesinaly beacuse there people and teams whos JOB is to do that?

Dont get me wrong, i am really confused...

  • Cool 10
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
4,670 posts
9,162 battles

Wait until 0.8.2 has come. That's how long most veterans (and WG themselves) think the balancing process will take. 
 

Or as Sub_Octavian put it: We're in global beta test nau bois!

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
5,911 posts
7,190 battles
6 minutes ago, CarVasilije said:

And its only done beacuse of whining players who does not know to adapt and dont want to adapt with their own will.

 

Then why dont you adapt now :cap_hmm:

You played one game after the hotfix, and came here to whine. Much logic right there. And clearly you deserved your 150k avg damage with T10 CVs :cap_like: Nothing wrong with that :cap_fainting:

 

With one point i agree however: planes shouldnt stay in AA bubble after they have dropped.

  • Cool 4
  • Bad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,141 posts
7,641 battles
9 minutes ago, CarVasilije said:

And its only done beacuse of whining players who does not know to adapt and dont want to adapt with their own will.

 

I see you are adapting well? :cap_yes:

Anyway. Post is completly useless because

A) 0.8.1.1

B) See Allied_Winter above

  • Cool 3
  • Bad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,700 posts

Just spotted a Mino with my Shokaku. By accident btw. For less then 2 seconds my planes where gone. lol :D CV's OP guys! 

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,700 posts
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

 

I see you are adapting well? :cap_yes:

 

Adapt? As in not flying close to ANY ships? :S

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,844 posts
14,993 battles
17 minutes ago, CarVasilije said:

Really?!?!?!?!?! WTF is going on? CVs cant even get back planes who done attack...I know that game must get balanced and that were some things needed to be adressed, but this went to far. This is just toooooo much. And its only done beacuse of whining players who does not know to adapt and dont want to adapt with their own will. I am really confused right now. Are you going to listen to players who spend one or two hours thinkg how to balance game, or will you do it proffesinaly beacuse there people and teams whos JOB is to do that?

Dont get me wrong, i am really confused...

Ok, clarification.  Hakuryu was OP after 0.8.0, as you know, now the are trying to fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,700 posts
Just now, Culiacan_Mexico said:

Ok, clarification.  Hakuryu was OP after 0.8.0, as you know, now the are trying to fix it.

Yes. Haku was OP, then WG nerfed EVERY CV because.... Haku was OP. lol. Logic

 

  • Cool 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,141 posts
7,641 battles
3 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Adapt? As in not flying close to ANY ships? :S

 

Doesnt matter what exactly it means. His post is completly contradicting itself. He whines about, that other players have been whining, while he whines himself after 1 - ONE - ! game. How serious would you take a player with 1 game overall in wows crying about the game? This is a new class. And we are in balancing. Whining like this doesnt help anyone, only makes the forum a stupid mess. Its time to shut these people down right away. Quite frankly, there should be a "CV whine Megathread" where the mods should move all that stuff, no matter in which direction people are whining atm. But yea, mods are never there when you need em...

  • Bad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,784 posts
16,198 battles

WG has already stated that they've overdone the nerf and are looking to push out another hotfix next week.

 

 

In the meantime refrain from playing any CV but Midway. And when playing Midway be extremely picky about your targets.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,700 posts
3 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

This is a new class. And we are in balancing. Whining like this doesnt help anyone, only makes the forum a stupid mess. Its time to shut these people down right away. Quite frankly, there should be a "CV whine Megathread" where the mods should move all that stuff, no matter in which direction people are whining atm. But yea, mods are never there when you need em...

Ofc. But whining does help tho. Just look at the "hotfix" lol. All the whine from ppl worked. 

But on a more serious note,  i told @MrConway that last weekend. He said he was going to open a CV tread under gameplay. Can't see it tho ;) 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,528 posts
9,851 battles
7 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Yes. Haku was OP, then WG nerfed EVERY CV because.... Haku was OP. lol. Logic

 

 

Hey do you remember that patch where they nerfed every BB because of Conqueror? Me neither.

 

/but hey, they did nerf CA/CLs and DDs across the board in the same patches so I guess that counts.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,844 posts
14,993 battles
10 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Yes. Haku was OP, then WG nerfed EVERY CV because.... Haku was OP. lol. Logic

 

Original poster played most of his games in the Hakuryu... going from avg damage of  62796 and  0.53 frags per game pre 0.8.0 to 154118 damage and 2.04 frags per game after 0.8.0.

 

I am not sure coming to the forum and complaining that others should adapt to his OP ship is the best course of action.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
5,911 posts
7,190 battles
4 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Ofc. But whining does help tho. Just look at the "hotfix" lol. All the whine from ppl worked. 

 

No, it was clear that Haku was in need of a fix right away. They cant justify to piss of the majority of the playerbase too long, so some statpadders can f*p on their Haku stats :Smile_sceptic:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,844 posts
14,993 battles

I think CV players are getting soft... it use to be a patch didn't come out without having a CV nerf. 

 

WG has been babying you for too long :Smile_trollface:

 

 

Note: I have no idea why WG felt the need to nerf lower CVs with a hot fix.

  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[D-O-D]
Players
17 posts
8,090 battles
10 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

 

Then why dont you adapt now :cap_hmm:

You played one game after the hotfix, and came here to whine. Much logic right there. And clearly you deserved your 150k avg damage with T10 CVs :cap_like: Nothing wrong with that :cap_fainting:

 

With one point i agree however: planes shouldnt stay in AA bubble after they have dropped.

Yeah true that, i played to little games to justify this 100%, and i didnt take time to adapt, but i still think this is to much. Even before hotfix it wasnt very easy to play, especialy when ships stick together. Sometimes even if i tried HARD to manuver i couldnt do anything with flak which perfeclty knew where to shoot to decimate my squad.

Best regards!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Well you have a few options now.

 

Carry on playing and complaining.

 

Carry on playing and go to the next OP thing whilst WG desperately tries to balance.

 

Sell all your CVs for FXP, relax and do something else with your life until the game levels out in terms of balance and meta.

 

I'm taking a break, Xmas Steel grind and the current paid customer beta test has left me disgruntled. It isn't really right to use the live server for such overbearing changes I don't think.

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[L4GG]
Players
1,911 posts
7,475 battles
4 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

And when playing Midway be extremely picky about your targets.

small correction if you don't mind.

 

And when playing Midway any cv be extremely picky about your all the targets.

 

 

 

this new patch served to put things in perspective.

 

the old

 

Apart from dds (with exceptions that I know of) a player could chose a cv, shoot down planes and sink ships, in the next battle, the same player could pick a CA/CL and shoot down planes, the battle afterwards that same player could go for a BB and shoot down planes with it.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,784 posts
16,198 battles
Just now, Butterdoll said:

small correction if you don't mind.

 

That's implying you should play any CV except Midway which I already stated you must not do. Getting up tiered now is beyond painful and Haku has been overnerfed, so that leaves Midway as the sole viable CV to play. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[D-O-D]
Players
17 posts
8,090 battles
19 minutes ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

Original poster played most of his games in the Hakuryu... going from avg damage of  62796 and  0.53 frags per game pre 0.8.0 to 154118 damage and 2.04 frags per game after 0.8.0.

 

I am not sure coming to the forum and complaining that others should adapt to his OP ship is the best course of action.

Just to clarify, i think cvs are OP especialy hakuryu and that balacing needs to be done.

AND ONE BIG THING YOU MISS OUT. You just looked at my stats with old haku, and didnt look at stats with taiho. The stats with taiho arent too good. I bought and played Hakuryu more than six months after i stopped to play cvs and i was trying to get in form. if you look before you judge i even didnt play single game in essex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NKK]
Beta Tester
725 posts
7,452 battles
26 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

WG has already stated that they've overdone the nerf and are looking to push out another hotfix next week.

 

 

In the meantime refrain from playing any CV but Midway. And when playing Midway be extremely picky about your targets.

Well, you only play Midway and a bit of Enterprise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[D-O-D]
Players
17 posts
8,090 battles
18 minutes ago, CarVasilije said:

Yeah true that, i played to little games to justify this 100%, and i didnt take time to adapt, but i still think this is to much. Even before hotfix it wasnt very easy to play, especialy when ships stick together. Sometimes even if i tried HARD to manuver i couldnt do anything with flak which perfeclty knew where to shoot to decimate my squad.

Best regards!

Just one more thing i am triggered by players who think that world is going to end after all big patches and all small ones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,700 posts
11 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

 

No, it was clear that Haku was in need of a fix right away. They cant justify to piss of the majority of the playerbase too long, so some statpadders can f*p on their Haku stats :Smile_sceptic:

Ive seen you post on most CV threads. You don't seem to agree to anything unless its making CV's underpowered. I don't know why, because you normally make a lot of sense. As of late tho, not so much.

OFC Haku needed a nerf. But she got hit with the hammer to hard, so did EVERY other CV that did not need a nerf. Simply because some players abused the 8km torps. (which i never use in my Haku BTW). 

 

Do you not want the CV rework to work at all? I'm wondering, since lately it seems like that is what you want. Might be wrong but it sure as hell looks like it. 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
183 posts
11,672 battles

The only thing this hotfix achieved was to make the majority stop playing CVs and to get the remaining few CVs around to be even more annoying against the dds since that is about the only thing they can do now! So the problem of the annoying for the players  constant spotting of dds persists and will be worse since now that CVs can't do much besides spotting they are going to stick and annoy dds even further. 

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×