Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
fallenkezef

Wishlist

37 comments in this topic

[HOO]
Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

Let us move on with some non-CV wishlisting of what you want to see ingame going forward.

Royal Sovereign class (Royal Oak as a premium?): Same 8x 15inch guns as Warspite/QE but better secondaries (12x 6inch to the Warspite's 8) but less range as the class could not elevate guns as high as the QE class. Slower than QE and with poor aa defences. Basicly a gimicky T6 British brawler.

Renown class: 6x 15inch guns, poor armour but fast.

Players
1,910 posts
9,558 battles

Honestly?

These ships have come up a lot. Good luck with working out where they go. The main problem is 15 inch guns - which would be a nightmare if let loose at Tier V - and armour/speed which makes the ships unsuitable for being uptiered.  Personally I think you could get Renown, post 1930s refit, up to Tier VII, but Repulse doesn't really fit anywhere very well.

As for the Royal Sovereign class.... they'd always be second fiddle to the QEs. The Queen Elizabeth class was the last time the RN had the money and the political support to build what it wanted without compromise. Fantastic ships.

As a Brit and a fan of the RN, then, I want them to stop mucking around with CVs and give me Exeter, now, pls thank you v much. Then the County Class CAs, Dido and Arethusa CLs. And then... Battlecruisers. And especially HMS Tiger. 

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
3,268 posts
8,319 battles

(Assuming CVs get sorted out such that everything is as playable as before, at least).

• More Commonwealth ships and/or make the captains interchangeable with the RN ones; a full tech tree would be nice (well, cruisers and DDs anyway).
  • The missing River Plate ships.
  • RN Battlecruisers.
  • HMS Cavalier.
  • Dido class.
  • Italian tech tree!
  • Cool 2

[TOXIC]
Players
4,508 posts
11,466 battles

ORP Orzeł as a premium submarine (if they ever appear in the game) and Jan Grudziński as a Polish/pan-European  special commander with improved Last Stand and Andrenaline Rush skills :Smile_teethhappy:

Or at least some more anime girl captains that don't need to be bought for real money :cap_tea:

Players
405 posts
8,076 battles

I refer my honourable friend to the answer I gave last time:

"World of Warships: Age of Sail edition. If they can model Submarines they can model a weather gauge".

• Cool 4

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,955 battles
32 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

... ...

• ... ... ...
  • Dildo class.

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

Then: Oh, nvm.

• Funny 4

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
495 posts
10,622 battles

Off the top of my head, the real list is much longer:

Renown-class

Italian tech tree

Sovetsky Soyuz-class(Soon it seems. Great!)

Midway with jets again:Smile_trollface:

Shinano as an alternate tier 10 CV

Tillman-class :Smile_trollface:

More operations. Especially from the Axis side. I'm thinking things like Operation Cerberus. 

Submarines at some point 

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
495 posts
10,622 battles
21 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Or at least some more anime girl captains that don't need to be bought for real money :cap_tea:

Yes! More crossover material. Want. 

Players
1,910 posts
9,558 battles
4 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

Midway with jets again:Smile_trollface:

Tillman-class :Smile_trollface:

Sure, as long as we can have Viraat with Sea Harriers. :cap_like:

And the Tillmans? Don't give them bad ideas. Did you see the Russian version? 

Gavrilov battleship - Russian projekt (1914 year, 16x406/45, 24x152/55, 30 knots)

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
495 posts
10,622 battles
2 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Sure, as long as we can have Viraat with Sea Harriers. :cap_like:

And the Tillmans? Don't give them bad ideas. Did you see the Russian version? 

Gavrilov battleship - Russian projekt (1914 year, 16x406/45, 24x152/55, 30 knots)

Or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Incomparable :Smile_trollface:

Literally Incomparable.

[TSCC]
Players
1,767 posts
20,155 battles

CL

• Dido Class of course. Which one doesn't really matter
  • USS Honolulu or USS Savannah (more Brooklyns please)

DDs

• HMS Cavalier
  • HMS Gurkha (L class with 2x4 4inch)
  • USS Laffey (Allan M Sumner Class)
  • USS Sterett (Benham Class)
  • Cool 1

Players
1,201 posts
6,565 battles

First Italian line

Italian OTO Leghorn Battlecruiser as a premium 

RN heavy cruiser line

Soviet premium CV because why not :Smile_trollface:

Oh and definitely hybrid ships like Tone and Ise

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
495 posts
10,622 battles
3 minutes ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

Oh and definitely hybrid ships like Tone and Ise

Yes. Almost forgot. We need these unique ships in game. 

My collection is crying. 

• Cool 2

Players
2,109 posts
14,358 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, fallenkezef sagte:

(Royal Oak as a premium?):

Only if you get a yuge bonus for sinking her with a submarine.

By and large, I very much agree with Flambass though that we don't need any new ships for quite some time, and that it is much more important (after the CV mess is resolved) to improve the GUI, and develop a much more ergonomical and less laggy port interface, and decent replay controls. Those should be the priorities.

Frankly I can't understand why the replay improvements haven't long since been prioritized since replay videos on Youtube are a major marketing tool and it costs WG absolutely nothing. There are lots of people out there lining up to literally spin crap into gold for WG, for nothing, but WG refuses to give them decent tools.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,187 posts
6,441 battles

Good lists of ships, to that i'll add just one atm. 

SMS Blücher (mini nassau CA) 

55 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

You ment this one? 

irnultimate.thumb.jpg.5df3085b66b810b2917c72ccee9f9602.jpg

Yee, i see it working as a T6 premium :Smile_trollface:

[SM0KE]
Players
3,268 posts
8,319 battles
1 hour ago, Humorpalanta said:

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

Then: Oh, nvm.

Godsdammit - I had to go back and check I hadn't typed a Freudian slip...!

Git!

• Funny 3

[BBMM]
Players
3,710 posts
4,055 battles
2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Honestly?

These ships have come up a lot. Good luck with working out where they go. The main problem is 15 inch guns - which would be a nightmare if let loose at Tier V - and armour/speed which makes the ships unsuitable for being uptiered.  Personally I think you could get Renown, post 1930s refit, up to Tier VII, but Repulse doesn't really fit anywhere very well.

Why would it be a nightmare - they put West Virginia in T6...

But could work well, just have them 'the old way' and load the guns with less powder charge. 

Hey presto there's less speed, so less pen at distance, at your service. They'll still uptier well to T6 too.

As for the Royal Sovereign class.... they'd always be second fiddle to the QEs. The Queen Elizabeth class was the last time the RN had the money and the political support to build what it wanted without compromise. Fantastic ships.

Main thing they could not adapt them/refit them between WW1-WW2 was because they were built differently (read: cheaper). 

As a Brit and a fan of the RN, then, I want them to stop mucking around with CVs and give me Exeter, now, pls thank you v much. Then the County Class CAs, Dido and Arethusa CLs. And then... Battlecruisers. And especially HMS Tiger. 

Gimme Ark Royal with Swordfishes dammit!

• Cool 1

Players
541 posts
1,924 battles
34 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

BTW has anyone mentioned Seydlitz, and/or other German battlecruisers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS_Seydlitz

Good shout!l Along with British battlecruisers obvs.

Dido class, naturally. (Just finished re-reading HMS Ulysses, so quite enthused about that. Bonus points if you actually manage to sink a Hipper-class cruiser in one)

Italian tech tree :cap_horn:

Pan-Europeans: Java, Stord

But yeah, as mentioned above... I kinda wouldn't mind if they spent some time focused on greatly improving the UI, and maybe even getting us some new maps, over producing lots and lots of new ships..

• Cool 1

Players
541 posts
1,924 battles
11 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Gimme Ark Royal with Swordfishes dammit!

And please with Swordfish dropping torpedoes, not this weird fantasy level-bomber version on Hermes. Normally I spend too much time worrying about historical accuracy in my day job to be too too bothered about it in an online game, but some things should be sacred :fish_glass:

• Cool 2

Players
214 posts
2,887 battles
4 hours ago, fallenkezef said:

Let us move on with some non-CV wishlisting of what you want to see ingame going forward.

Non-CV wishlisting eh ? Non CVs are actually on my wishlist - I 'd like to see a gunnery-only  game mode. No radars either, or submarines ( if and when they appear ). Include short range Whitehead torpedoes , with the Diana's bow tube made functional, more persistent funnel smoke that may obscure your view, and other embellishments I have yet to think of. Back to basics, in other words.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
1,047 posts
8,202 battles
7 hours ago, Verblonde said:

(Assuming CVs get sorted out such that everything is as playable as before, at least).

• More Commonwealth ships and/or make the captains interchangeable with the RN ones; a full tech tree would be nice (well, cruisers and DDs anyway).
  • The missing River Plate ships.
  • RN Battlecruisers.
  • HMS Cavalier.
  • Dido class.
  • Italian tech tree!

Are you me?

Agree wholeheartedly with everything you wrote. Personally I can't wait for Italian cruisers, the prems we have are underappreciated.

• Cool 2

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
145 posts
3,958 battles

Dunc's Wishlist

1 - replace Port GUI with something designed and optimized in the last decade

2 - 10 - repeat #1

11 - more missions, campaigns, and stuff

12 - ships that actually made it off the drawing board... We're lurching into WoT nonsense stuff at the moment, as WG do their usual content at all costs thing. We don't need new tech trees for everything, sub branches that lead nowhere are fine; we'll still grind/FXP them...

13 - 20 - see #1

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this