Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiextar

0.8.0 hax

9 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
1,732 posts
4,186 battles

So if you press rctrl+rshift+backspace in a battle, you get freecam... not in replays, in live battles... while you are alive....

No idea how or when this slipped into the game, but my guess is 0.8.0

Nice one wargaming

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,488 posts
6,713 battles

Wooow....so something that has been in the game since alpha is now suddenly a hack? Amazing

Also keep in mind that this is completely useless except in very very very few circumstances where the "M double tap "hack"(apparently)" can't help you, such as checking the enemy gun orientation and even that won't do much.

• Cool 1

Players
4,128 posts
7,634 battles
19 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

really? how did you find out this?

My guess includes the words "keyboard",  "face" and "roll"

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface:

But seriously, that was possible before, but since its so slow, you cant really use it for anything helpful.

• Funny 4

Players
183 posts
11,672 battles
1 hour ago, thiextar said:

So if you press rctrl+rshift+backspace in a battle, you get freecam... not in replays, in live battles... while you are alive....

Nice one wargaming

This didn't came with 0.8 IT WAS THERE BEFORE and in fact in Flamu's stream as of recent he showed  it briefly although he didn't mention with what exact key combo you could do it. I just learnt the key combo now thanks to your post! I wonder myself how long this has been out there as a "secret" shared only by a few VIPs of the game. And who knows what other backdoors or "secrets" are in this game. Perhaps even mods that actually could make you targetable even when you are informed by the game to be "undetected"? 

And again:Thanks for sharing dude :) 

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
1,732 posts
4,186 battles
27 minutes ago, pali_tz1f0s said:

This didn't came with 0.8 IT WAS THERE BEFORE and in fact in Flamu's stream as of recent he showed  it briefly although he didn't mention with what exact key combo you could do it. I just learnt the key combo now thanks to your post! I wonder myself how long this has been out there as a "secret" shared only by a few VIPs of the game. And who knows what other backdoors or "secrets" are in this game. Perhaps even mods that actually could make you targetable even when you are informed by the game to be "undetected"? 

And again:Thanks for sharing dude :) 

No problem, i had no clue it was here before tho, could you really do this while alive in battles? Seems very weird to me

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,488 posts
6,713 battles
1 hour ago, thiextar said:

No problem, i had no clue it was here before tho, could you really do this while alive in battles? Seems very weird to me

Yes, it was always here...I do it sometimes when I'm bored and there are no enemies around

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,206 battles
4 hours ago, thiextar said:

Nice one wargaming

This ability has existed at least since Alpha.

Fun "history" fact: Nowdays when you enter Freecam your guns are locked to wherever you were looking at (direction & range from ship - just like holding RMB). Back in the early days of wows they would keep turning with your aimpoint in Freeccam so you could use it to aim gaining massive advantage in precise shooting over islands if you knew how to do it

Replays? Unlock yourself from recorded players camera (one left click) and you can freely use Freecam as much as you want to

3 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

but since its so slow

When you get used to controls it can be quite useful in some situations

Also 1, 2 and 3 (above your letter keys, not the Numpad) change your cameras movement speed & drift :cap_like:

• Cool 1

Players
4,128 posts
7,634 battles
3 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Also 1, 2 and 3 (above your letter keys, not the Numpad) change your cameras movement speed & drift :cap_like:

Man, I didnt even knew that one. That could actually make it usefull - thanks mate!

Sign in to follow this