Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SkollUlfr

include active stat modification to the mm?

6 comments in this topic

Players
318 posts
4,522 battles

i suggested before using a captin skill to level out the tiering problems in the mm before.

but reading the forums today, i get the impression that having the mm spread actively modify ship stats at the start of a match would help a lot of gameplay balance problems.

such as rudder, accelleration, sigma, rof and aa.

possibly citadel damage(recieved) modifiers for ships that stand out a lot

for cv this could be reflected in replenishment times, aiming time and plane armour.

im not saying try and perfectly level, just have enough of a nudge for viability in the balancing. providing another tool to fix game balance and problems from player distribution across tiers.

• Bad 2

[TOXIC]
Players
4,508 posts
11,466 battles
1 hour ago, SkollUlfr said:

i suggested before using a captin skill to level out the tiering problems in the mm before.

but reading the forums today, i get the impression that having the mm spread actively modify ship stats at the start of a match would help a lot of gameplay balance problems.

for cv this could be reflected in replenishment times, aiming time and plane armour.

im not saying try and perfectly level, just have enough of a nudge for viability in the balancing. providing another tool to fix game balance and problems from player distribution across tiers.

For most ships it's not a good idea - basically, you'd end up with ships behaving differently depending on battle match-up and that's not a good thing. Balancing would, in fact, become messier.

Now, specifically for CVs and related stuff, that might actually work, since many things are somewhat simplified, dealing with % increases (based on tier difference between the ship and the CV) in plane hp and effective AA damage. This could be fine-tuned with AA and plane hp progression so that the effective difference would be cut by half (being two tiers below would feel like being a tier below, being a tier below would feel like 1/2 of a tier.

Unfortunately, that would require the devs to go over the entire system so that you don't end up with ships carrying unexpectedly strong AA - a very strong AA ship at low tier "treated" with a standardized buff might surprisingly end up outperforming AA ships two tiers above her - and that wouldn't be a good thing. Complications like these make this solution extremely unlikely to ever make an appearance in the game, even if WG were to consider something like this in the first place.

• Cool 1

Players
719 posts
8,430 battles
22 hours ago, SkollUlfr said:

The solution has always been 2 tier rather than 3 tier MM. For whatever reason they are still disinclined to do it. 

[BS4]
Players
1,052 posts
6,049 battles
15 hours ago, SkollUlfr said:

Im sorry?..I don't understand. Are you suggesting that before the start of each game ships stats are modified in some PERSONAL way so as to allow/compensate for +2 or your lack of ability to play to the chosen ships strengths? :Smile_amazed:

Lxqo723.gif

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Is OP the WoT guy or a cheap knock off? 

Anything dividing up the player base more wouldn't be good at this stage...

Sign in to follow this