Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bayla450

Hakuryu the New and Improved Shimakaze of the air???

2 comments in this topic

[H-M-S]
Players
12 posts
8,378 battles

The latest patch 8.0.1 "fixed" (stitched up) the new Shimikaze of the air so here's a few thoughts on the gameplay of the new and improved version.

Firstly theres a couple of really important bits.

1. You can only lose a maximum of 1/3 of the squadrons aircraft in the first 10 minutes of the game or you will not have full health squadrons later. Remember it takes around 14 minutes to regenerate a new full squadron of torpedo/AP bombers

2. The squadron health pool and pay attention to the plane health bars.

So first off launch the missile squadron to spot likely targets for later. Find a Destroyer and really annoy him with a couple of runs until he spoils the game and smokes up. DO not attack any AA Destroyers as you can't afford to lose more than 3 aircraft. Hopefully you managed to chunk about 10k off him which is the best you can expect unless he is a plonker and forgot to equip a detonation flag and you get an almost unheard of Devastating Strike award.

Your second and most important  task with this fantastically overpowered squadron is to instil fear and panic into the enemy ships so that they all run and hug the nearest AA cruiser.

Next up depends on suitable targets - if there's a lonely poorly AA equipped Batleship like the Musashi fill your boots with the AP bombers.

With the bombers you have now entered Kamikaze mode as these guys are not coming home.

Plan you attack avoiding all AA apart from that of your victim. When you click the drop button one of two things happen either RnG Is kind and you get at least 1 citadel hit for maybe 7k or more likely you get a penetration hit for 1k resulting in likely significant rage damage to anything within arms reach.

Hopefully you escape with a health pool most planes still yellow but if some are red your 2nd run will likely fail.

Mourning the death of your fallen comrades it's time to enter full Shimikaze mode - the scourge of the seas.

Hopefully you have terrorized the enemy into quivering camping groups hiding from your imperial power. Launch your not so secret weapon - torps spamming.

After the latest hotfix your super Shimikaze  is reduced to starting your attack run at around 11k making sure that's the right direction, go and make a cup of coffee while you wait for the torps to stabilize launch at no closer than 7k and don't enter AA range. Set up next run from safe distance again rince and repeat... Oh this is so great...

You have a choice with the last run whether to go into Kamikaze mode and do a close attack if you do so however you won't have a full squadron for the next launch.

Repeat again and again... watch for your 30 or 40 torps hits to break the latest world damage record. .

Don't you just love being being forced to play Super Shimikaze ..... Did I say SUPER. Maybe I should go play my Shimikaze fit the legendary, spec torps for shortened 20k and spam them every 86 seconds. Did I mention my torps are 2.5 times more damaging and I can fire them all at once and my chance of flood is now 50% higher AND by the time you recycle your planes and launch single attacks it takes around 80 seconds ......

So for the first half of the Game you play Shimakaze and the seccond half you could play Kamikaze torp runs and up the excitement level, but remember when you lose the squadron your not getting them back this game.

Have fun everyone I have gone to dig my Shima out for when the potatoes all huddle in a  group after all I can pretend to be the Hakuryu.

Awaiting the next Hotfix......................

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,287 posts
8,729 battles
1 minute ago, Bayla450 said:

The latest patch 8.0.1 "fixed" (stitched up) the new Shimikaze of the air so here's a few thoughts on the gameplay of the new and improved version.

Firstly theres a couple of really important bits.

1. You can only lose a maximum of 1/3 of the squadrons aircraft in the first 10 minutes of the game or you will not have full health squadrons later. Remember it takes around 14 minutes to regenerate a new full squadron of torpedo/AP bombers

2. The squadron health pool and pay attention to the plane health bars.

So first off launch the missile squadron to spot likely targets for later. Find a Destroyer and really annoy him with a couple of runs until he spoils the game and smokes up. DO not attack any AA Destroyers as you can't afford to lose more than 3 aircraft. Hopefully you managed to chunk about 10k off him which is the best you can expect unless he is a plonker and forgot to equip a detonation flag and you get an almost unheard of Devastating Strike award.

Your second and most important  task with this fantastically overpowered squadron is to instil fear and panic into the enemy ships so that they all run and hug the nearest AA cruiser.

Next up depends on suitable targets - if there's a lonely poorly AA equipped Batleship like the Musashi fill your boots with the AP bombers.

With the bombers you have now entered Kamikaze mode as these guys are not coming home.

Plan you attack avoiding all AA apart from that of your victim. When you click the drop button one of two things happen either RnG Is kind and you get at least 1 citadel hit for maybe 7k or more likely you get a penetration hit for 1k resulting in likely significant rage damage to anything within arms reach.

Hopefully you escape with a health pool most planes still yellow but if some are red your 2nd run will likely fail.

Mourning the death of your fallen comrades it's time to enter full Shimikaze mode - the scourge of the seas.

Hopefully you have terrorized the enemy into quivering camping groups hiding from your imperial power. Launch your not so secret weapon - torps spamming.

After the latest hotfix your super Shimikaze  is reduced to starting your attack run at around 11k making sure that's the right direction, go and make a cup of coffee while you wait for the torps to stabilize launch at no closer than 7k and don't enter AA range. Set up next run from safe distance again rince and repeat... Oh this is so great...

You have a choice with the last run whether to go into Kamikaze mode and do a close attack if you do so however you won't have a full squadron for the next launch.

Repeat again and again... watch for your 30 or 40 torps hits to break the latest world damage record. .

Don't you just love being being forced to play Super Shimikaze ..... Did I say SUPER. Maybe I should go play my Shimikaze fit the legendary, spec torps for shortened 20k and spam them every 86 seconds. Did I mention my torps are 2.5 times more damaging and I can fire them all at once and my chance of flood is now 50% higher AND by the time you recycle your planes and launch single attacks it takes around 80 seconds ......

So for the first half of the Game you play Shimakaze and the seccond half you could play Kamikaze torp runs and up the excitement level, but remember when you lose the squadron your not getting them back this game.

Have fun everyone I have gone to dig my Shima out for when the potatoes all huddle in a  group after all I can pretend to be the Hakuryu.

Awaiting the next Hotfix......................

TP material righ there. Thnx buddy. Thumbs up and awaaaaaay.

Sign in to follow this