You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Atorpad

CV reverse xp

11 comments in this topic

Question

[ARYA]
Players
494 posts
11,654 battles

I did freexp my ryujo to shokaku then i reversed her to hosho in inventory but it didn't give my 150k freexp back . question is if i get to ryujo again by grinding does my 150k xp still remain on her?

10 answers to this question

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
818 posts
9,746 battles

When you refunded the Ryuujou any exp you had spent on the ship and modules should have been refunded as free exp, this should have been stated in the inventory. Any exp you had accumulated on the ship at the time should have been moved down to Houshou.

The game does not recognise whether you used free exp or normal exp to unlock the CVs, it simply refunds the exp as free exp either way. But that only works once, if you refund the Ryuujou a second time the exp goes down to Houshou and if you refund Houshou then any exp spent on Houshou will be refunded as free exp and any accumulated exp goes to the t1 cruiser Hashidate.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,206 battles

You get FreeXP only when you refund (for the 1st time, not any of the following) CVs you had before 0.8.0

• Cool 1

[ARYA]
Players
494 posts
11,654 battles

i can see the 150k xp remains with ryujo in the convert xp !! it is elite ship xp now !! what i want to know is if i can use it when i have ryujo again?

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
818 posts
9,746 battles

If you select the ship via the tech tree you should be able to see any accumulated exp for that ship in the top right, regardless of whether you own it or not.

If you refunded the Ryuujou then any exp you spent on it should have been refunded as free exp and any "elite ship exp" that had been accumulated on it should have been transfered to the tier 1.

If you only sold the ship and did not refund it via the inventory then the exp remains associated with Ryuujou just like any other ship and you are able to use that exp for Ryuujou modules or to research Shoukaku in the future.

• Cool 1

[UIF]
Players
3 posts
4,746 battles

So my friend and I were playing Wows at his home today and while being on his account we saw that he can sell his American carrier line for free exp and credits. He didnt want to do it, but I did. So we switched to my account and I sold my entire Japanese carrier line, which I researched entirely with free exp after the rework.

No free exp was added to my account.

The ingame inventory page clearly states: "... You can exchange any researchable aircraft carriers for credits and Free XP."

After I saw what happened I googled and found this thread.

Can you tell me why the hell did you decide to screw me over so badly?

Only because he spent his free exp prior to the CV rework? I just cannot see logic behind this decision.

Whats even worse I cannot even re-research Hakuryu without using my free exp that I have left because the "elite" exp is now in the T1 Hashidate. 

I never commented on a forum in my life, but I'm so pissed and I feel so cheated I decided to complain here. 

Please give me my free exp back!

Players
105 posts
1,651 battles
1 hour ago, Comrade_Mod said:

So my friend and I were playing Wows at his home today and while being on his account we saw that he can sell his American carrier line for free exp and credits. He didnt want to do it, but I did. So we switched to my account and I sold my entire Japanese carrier line, which I researched entirely with free exp after the rework.

No free exp was added to my account.

The ingame inventory page clearly states: "... You can exchange any researchable aircraft carriers for credits Free XP."

After I saw what happened I googled and found this thread.

Can you tell me why the hell did you decide to screw me over so badly?

Only because he spent his free exp prior to the CV rework? I just cannot see logic behind this decision.

Whats even worse I cannot even re-research Hakuryu without using my free exp that I have left because the "elite" exp is now in the T1 Hashidate. 

I never commented on a forum in my life, but I'm so pissed and I feel so cheated I decided to complain here. 

Please give me my free exp back!

Yeah, I completely agree, putting the free xp on the previous ship as elite xp, and ultimately on the T1, is in my opinion screwing EVERYONE over who's attempting to get a refund for their ship(s), because they will now have to use premium to convert the elite xp to the free xp. However, as I understand it, it's ONLY the xp that you've spent on unlocking it, researching modules that will refunded as free xp, where accumulated elite xp will be transfered to the previous ship, and this makes sense why this should not be refunded as well, because the only way to convert that elite xp is through using premium currency. Furthermore, as I understand it, and specifically to your situation, it should've refunded the free xp you had used to research it and it's modules, as free xp.

I have a question that might clarify what might have gone wrong - did you sell the ships OR did you exchange the ships through the inventory for the free xp? Because if you sold it through the conventional way of selling them, then there is the reason for why it went wrong, where if you tried to exchange them through the inventory system, then you should contact support and have them solve the issue for you, because if it was the latter then it was due to some kind of error.

[UIF]
Players
3 posts
4,746 battles
27 minutes ago, InfinityIncarnate said:

Yeah, I completely agree, putting the free xp on the previous ship as elite xp, and ultimately on the T1, is in my opinion screwing EVERYONE over who's attempting to get a refund for their ship(s), because they will now have to use premium to convert the elite xp to the free xp. However, as I understand it, it's ONLY the xp that you've spent on unlocking it, researching modules that will refunded as free xp, where accumulated elite xp will be transfered to the previous ship, and this makes sense why this should not be refunded as well, because the only way to convert that elite xp is through using premium currency. Furthermore, as I understand it, and specifically to your situation, it should've refunded the free xp you had used to research it and it's modules, as free xp.

I have a question that might clarify what might have gone wrong - did you sell the ships OR did you exchange the ships through the inventory for the free xp? Because if you sold it through the conventional way of selling them, then there is the reason for why it went wrong, where if you tried to exchange them through the inventory system, then you should contact support and have them solve the issue for you, because if it was the latter then it was due to some kind of error.

Every tier and every upgrade was researched using free xp. The rts style just wasn't for me so I never bothered playing CV's, 0 CV battles on my account prior to the rework.

I exchanged everything through the inventory option and I got credits out of it, but 0 free xp. Nothing. Checked again and now I cannot even find the elite exp in the japanese t1, it just vanished. Really hope something went wrong and this is just a big misunderstanding. 

Players
105 posts
1,651 battles
7 minutes ago, Comrade_Mod said:

Every tier and every upgrade was researched using free xp. The rts style just wasn't for me so I never bothered playing CV's, 0 CV battles on my account prior to the rework.

I exchanged everything through the inventory option and I got credits out of it, but 0 free xp. Nothing. Checked again and now I cannot even find the elite exp in the japanese t1, it just vanished. Really hope something went wrong and this is just a big misunderstanding. 

I'd recommend you try with support and see if they can help out, I can't see why it wouldn't be an error, a mistake as you say. Especially according to how it's supposed to work currently.

Players
105 posts
1,651 battles
1 hour ago, Comrade_Mod said:

I'll try to contact them, thank you very much for your help.

Not a problem, hope they can get it sorted for you. :)