You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DHIVISH

hakuryu problems with torpedo and dive bomber

10 comments in this topic

Players
1 post

the hakuryu really needs a better arming time for their torpedo bomber since now the flood chance has been reduce it has become very hard or even immpossibl to hit someone at t10 either they will eat the torpedo or dodge it.

the dive bomber camera setup needs to change i suggest that the camera on the dive bomber dont move such the we know where exactly to hit the ship and the precision the AP bombs should be better.

when its hard to hit someon it means that you have enough credit to cover your cost

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[SCRUB]
Players
3,302 posts
8,772 battles
54 minutes ago, DHIVISH said:

either they will eat the torpedo or dodge it.

Ermmmmm.... !?!?!

• Funny 1

[-MIA-]
[-MIA-]
Players
54 posts
8,740 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

Ermmmmm.... !?!?!

That's Exactly what i was thinking......

Players
183 posts
11,672 battles
3 hours ago, DHIVISH said:

the hakuryu really needs a better arming time for their torpedo bomber since now the flood chance has been reduce it has become very hard or even immpossibl to hit someone at t10 either they will eat the torpedo or dodge it.

the dive bomber camera setup needs to change i suggest that the camera on the dive bomber dont move such the we know where exactly to hit the ship and the precision the AP bombs should be better.

when its hard to hit someon it means that you have enough credit to cover your cost

You are absolutely right. 
It is terrible now and even if at some point they rebuff it they managed to kill any incentive for people to play CVs altogether. I wish they never had released the ship in it's OP state cause now even if they try to somewhat buff it again in the future it will always be compaired to what it was and it will always feel nerfed.

They nerfed simultaneously 
1) Torpedo arming distance to 1100 (1350 if one takes torp accel skill which defeats the purpose of taking the skill) . Before it was about half of that.
2) torpedo speed down to 35! (down from 50) so now most cruisers with a flag can even outrun your torps
3) torpedo flooding chance down to 1/3
4) torpedo aiming time it feels as if it went 5 times over 

5) And moreover they made AA damage "normalized" taking away some of the burst damage of the flaks and adding more constant unavoidable damage. (Now this was a good move)
6) and ofc they removed the F key functionality. Now the F is practicaly self destructing your planes

Now as they have done it your opponent got to be a retard blind moron with his hands tighten with a rope behind his back to manage to be hit by those torps. 

What a farce this whole CV release! What they did the way they present it and then nerfed it after 3-4 days I can take it only as a farce. And laugh out loud. 

The thing is that i believe that at some point in the distand future the ship might be rebuffed again but even if it is i doupt people are going to play it again cause they managed to lose people's TRUST. And that counts also for all their other premiums. You might get something advertized today cause it has certain characteristics and that thing might be nerfed completely tomorrow. So what they did even if they restore it back to what it was at some point managed to hurt them into the "trust" department. And i foress that they will soon gather the "fruits" of their current actions and they aren't gonna be any sweet.

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
Players
4,508 posts
11,466 battles
2 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Ermmmmm.... !?!?!

I'm trying to think hard of other possibilities. "Ignore it because it was poorly aimed in the first place" comes to mind but it might be classified as "dodge"...

22 minutes ago, pali_tz1f0s said:

It is terrible now and even if at some point they rebuff it they managed to kill any incentive for people to play CVs altogether. I wish they never had released the ship in it's OP state cause now even if they try to somewhat buff it again in the future it will always be compaired to what it was and it will always feel nerfed.

Actually, just because a ship was OP doesn't kill the incentive to play her after she gets tuned down. The problem is that overnerfing (and in a way that targets QoL more so than the power itself, making the ship unfun) might scare people away and they won't necessarily come back. More reasonable nerfing, in stages (as in: you nerf something, look at the result, if still OP then you continue with another nerf) would probably retain more playerbase.

And as for 4x3 TB loadout (4-plane strikes) specifically - it seems like they made it pretty much unusable. It's not good to have unusable loadouts. If they had no idea how to fix it on such a short notice, the should've removed it temporarily, leaving Haku with just the 2-torp strikes, balance around that (it's the loadout more consistent with the previous tiers) and perhaps re-introduce the alternative only after coming with an idea how to make it work without being broken.

[DAVY]
Players
92 posts
6,791 battles

Currently more torpedoes per attack is better than just two because in a lot of cases one attack is all you are going to get before your planes evaporate and if you want to recall them they are still going to evaporate. Good luck trying to regain the distance to align for another drop, by the time it's time to turn back you have maybe 1-4 red burning planes left with no chance of completing the second drop. And this is against any two ships that aren't DDs.  :Smile_veryhappy:

Congrats you managed to get that one 4.5k torpedo hit with no flood! :cap_like:

• Cool 2

[COTNS]
Players
216 posts
3,544 battles

honestly CVs in general are not worth the stress of trying to play effectively let alone have fun in now. 

haku it self has been completely gutted and will sit in port until its made remotely usable. The torps are pointless, the AP bombs are inaccurate, unrewarding and pure RNG. 

rockets meh low fire chance, average at best. 

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,212 battles
6 hours ago, DHIVISH said:

the hakuryu really needs a better arming time

Actually you just need to start aiming earlier

6 hours ago, DHIVISH said:

At t10 you pretty much always should lose credits maybe except for the best super-super-unicum performance level games where you've done so much that you manage to beat it, WG is way too soft in this regard

3 hours ago, eliastion said:

I'm trying to think hard of other possibilities. "Ignore it because it was poorly aimed in the first place" comes to mind but it might be classified as "dodge"...

Dodging without touching the keyboard = best kind of dodging #SkillConfirmed :Smile_trollface:

[DAVY]
Players
92 posts
6,791 battles
On 2/9/2019 at 12:20 AM, kingzy2013 said:

The torps are pointless, the AP bombs are inaccurate, unrewarding and pure RNG. 

I used to think this as well, until I learned how the aiming actually works with CVs. When you activate the attack run, do NOT move for a few seconds until it goes green. Holding your aim completely still for those few seconds makes your aim area go from "broader than a GK" to "the size of a Leander". After the aim has stabilized to the max you are free to make any last second adjustments to your aim without sacrificing accuracy. This goes for the rockets as well.

• Cool 1

[COTNS]
Players
216 posts
3,544 battles
4 hours ago, Masa2mune said:

I used to think this as well, until I learned how the aiming actually works with CVs. When you activate the attack run, do NOT move for a few seconds until it goes green. Holding your aim completely still for those few seconds makes your aim area go from "broader than a GK" to "the size of a Leander". After the aim has stabilized to the max you are free to make any last second adjustments to your aim without sacrificing accuracy. This goes for the rockets as well.

Honestly the problem is simply unless you are aiming for a blind potatoes anyone can dodge current haku torps they are miles to slow to pose any significant threat. 

Rockets just have a poor fire chance and the alpha is meh at best. 

• Cool 1