You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AmiralPotato

Game is currently a mess. What about premium time ?

45 comments in this topic

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
161 posts
8,861 battles

The amount of crying people is staggering.

Something tells me you did not read all the text WarGaming present before you when installing the game, but instead just clicked "accept".

Games are the same as if every game had CV in the old RTS system.

• Cool 6
  • Bad 10

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles
8 minutes ago, AmiralPotato said:

I did not pay for this.

You paid nothing. The game is free. It's your choice if you want to buy smth in the game or not. Company is not forcing you. 

• Cool 3
  • Bad 13

[-AP-]
Players
1,734 posts
4,195 battles

Makes total sense to get premium time refunded. Random battles are currently completely unplayable.

Theres also the fact that we are all currently forced to play on the public test server....

No matter if people think the cv rework can become good or not is irrelevant, cvs might become a good part of the game in two months, but right now, they are completely ruining the gameplay and have turned the live server into a test server. People buy premium time because they like to play the game, not because they want to become wargamings test puppet.

• Cool 16

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,212 battles
10 minutes ago, AmiralPotato said:

Game right now is a complete unenjoyable mess, and will probably remain so for a few weeks or worse.

I did not pay for this.

It was known it will be like this for a few months before 0.8.0 was released. You purchased something time based for this period = your own fault

• Bad 9

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,445 posts
6,783 battles

I take it you are still playing the game at moment and getting premium level rewards for those games?

[NWP]
Players
5,911 posts
7,190 battles

I think what WG should have done when they released the CVs:

- Freeze Premium time / give everybody 1 month for free

- Hide stat tracking = obvious reasons statpadding and balancing was not properly done. Basicly no games would have been shown in your profile during balancing period.

- To have an incentive to play (statpadder might not play when stats arent recorded...) make missions + rewards. F.e. play xx games per week. Play xx games with BB/CA/DD/CV. Different rewards (Coal/Steel?/Prem acc/freeXP/Doubloons?/Signals and Camos) The more you play = the better rewards you get.

I think it would have been win-win for everyone

- the more games are played, the more data WG can collect for balancing

- People wouldnt be envious, that others could pad their stats with new CVs (like Haku was before the hotfix)

• Cool 16

[SM0KE]
Players
3,280 posts
8,363 battles

I rather think @DFens_666 is thinking in the right sort of direction.

WG must have known this was all going to be a colossal mess whilst the balancing exercise was carried out (maybe they underestimated the *amount* of mess, perhaps?); a bit of judicious bribery etc. could have turned what is currently a very negative story, into more of a positive one?

Basically, if you're going to mess up people's favourite game for (say) two months*, you want to try and engineer matters such that people are happy that you're doing it - at least, as far as is possible...

*Mid-case; my original expectation was anywhere between one and three months...

• Cool 11

Players
2,844 posts
14,993 battles

I don't understand why there is so much discontent? 

WG came to us with glad tiding: that we, the player based, would be gifted the honor and privileged to help the test and balance not just with CV, but the game as a whole.  This distinction is usually restricted to the elite at WG, illustrious community contributors, and the hard working, diligent super testers. I am sure any of them will tell you that WG listen and follows their experience and knowledge closely to balance the game.

• Funny 13

[THROW]
Players
862 posts
22,989 battles

i do ag

23 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I think what WG should have done when they released the CVs:

- Freeze Premium time / give everybody 1 month for free

- Hide stat tracking = obvious reasons statpadding and balancing was not properly done. Basicly no games would have been shown in your profile during balancing period.

- To have an incentive to play (statpadder might not play when stats arent recorded...) make missions + rewards. F.e. play xx games per week. Play xx games with BB/CA/DD/CV. Different rewards (Coal/Steel?/Prem acc/freeXP/Doubloons?/Signals and Camos) The more you play = the better rewards you get.

I think it would have been win-win for everyone

- the more games are played, the more data WG can collect for balancing

- People wouldnt be envious, that others could pad their stats with new CVs (like Haku was before the hotfix)

agreed. especially with the freezing stats thing. my stats have taken a massive tumble due to the lets say... interesting play style now.

[WTFNO]
Players
390 posts
6,876 battles
1 hour ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

I don't understand why there is so much discontent? 

WG came to us with glad tiding: that we, the player based, would be gifted the honor and privileged to help the test and balance not just with CV, but the game as a whole.  This distinction is usually restricted to the elite at WG, illustrious community contributors, and the hard working, diligent super testers. I am sure any of them will tell you that WG listen and follows their experience and knowledge closely to balance the game.

Thanks for opening my eyes, I see now the greater plan :D

• Funny 2

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
10 minutes ago, AmiralPotato said:

Thanks for opening my eyes, I see now the greater plan :D

WG gathering at their office :

- WG manager  : What is happening ?????

- WG employee 1 : our customers stopped buying scamboxes !!!

- WG employee 2 : our profits are vapourizing !!!

- WG  manager :  What ??? Are there leads to why this is happening ?

- WG employee 1 :  the majority is complaining about our CV rework

- WG empoyee 2 : actually CV players were only 2-4 % of all customers

- WG manager : well, nerf CV to hell !!! I dont care how !! Quick !!! Do it now !!

- WG employee 2  : but...but...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

[O-P-C]
Players
408 posts
8,855 battles

ok i want a new collection cv-hell  with prem camo  n captain , also new patch - CV gamma tester , new medal - patch endurance player , month premium , loyality badge ,and t10 unique ship!

tnx

[WTFNO]
Players
390 posts
6,876 battles
17 hours ago, ilhilh said:

I take it you are still playing the game at moment and getting premium level rewards for those games?

Because I cannot do otherwise: I would gladly disable my premium time for now and save it for later.

17 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

It was known it will be like this for a few months before 0.8.0 was released. You purchased something time based for this period = your own fault

Can't disagree on that. I did expect the rework to be bad. Just not THAT bad.

17 hours ago, _DeathWing_ said:

You paid nothing. The game is free. It's your choice if you want to buy smth in the game or not. Company is not forcing you. 

Well, yes and no. Of course nobody forced me to buy. Companies seldom do that :D

On the other hand, if I do decide to buy something, I feel like I should get more or less what I paid for.

This is a purchase, not a donation after all.

17 hours ago, MMASK said:

Something tells me you did not read all the text WarGaming present before you when installing the game, but instead just clicked "accept".

(Side note: EULA is not the law. You can put basically whatever you want in there, it does not make it legal.

As a matter of fact EULAs are regularly purged of abusive clauses, which is normal.

Concerning the game: same as before ? Really ? I mean *really* ? Wow. That's a ... surprising point of view :D

Overall, I would like to thank everyone for having kept this thread constructive despite my initial post being a bit whiny.

Say what you will about the game flaws, the community at least is rather good for an online game.

I think lots of disgruntled players would have been satisfied with something along what @DFens_666 suggested.

I mean, come on WG. The game is good, please just be more professional about how you manage it.

• Cool 3

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
706 posts
11,330 battles
16 hours ago, Mr_Snoww said:

agreed. especially with the freezing stats thing. my stats have taken a massive tumble due to the lets say... interesting play style now.

Perhaps not get too hung up on stats?

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Been said before but WG started selling WoWS Premium time just before these lol changes, they've got you :Smile_trollface:

I'm glad I split my time between Ships and Tanks. More Tanks these days as it's somehow more tolerable :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,280 posts
8,363 battles
4 hours ago, Negativvv said:

More Tanks these days as it's somehow more tolerable 

Right here is a symptom of how bad WOWS is currently perceived to be...!

Mind you, I still enjoy tanks too, and (better yet) FL is back on Monday I think. Even got myself a new premium yesterday...

[KAKE]
Players
1,697 posts
3,979 battles

WG are going to lose players and income short term. They have to realize that cocking up the game balance like this is going to cost them. They can't get hung up on short-term income in a situation like this.

What they need to think of is long term player retention. This is the kind of situation where they should be generous because it can at least somewhat offset the pissing-off the CV rework is causing.

• Cool 2

[HALON]
Players
598 posts
9,033 battles

The timing of 0.8.0 and subsequent "patches" overlapping with Apex Legends release ... :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
2,582 posts
On 2/8/2019 at 4:54 PM, thiextar said:

Makes total sense to get premium time refunded. Random battles are currently completely unplayable.

Ironic that you whine for premium time refund but your random stats are well above your average since 8.0. Unplayable???  :Smile_veryhappy: go home. 

[WTFNO]
Players
390 posts
6,876 battles

Winning battles and enjoying them can be two very different things (hello ranger)   ;-)

• Cool 1

Players
777 posts
10,983 battles
On 2/9/2019 at 10:59 AM, AmiralPotato said:

(Side note: EULA is not the law. You can put basically whatever you want in there, it does not make it legal.

As a matter of fact EULAs are regularly purged of abusive clauses, which is normal.

Concerning the game: same as before ? Really ? I mean *really* ? Wow. That's a ... surprising point of view :D

I agree there, i made a purchase of Premiumtime in good faith. I did know that some changes where coming but the whole of the Patch that was delivered was a bit overwhelming to grasp arround and all around changed the Product. 

If i get treated like a Tester i should not have my Premiumservices ticking while i help to balance the product they deliver.

So yeah Freezing of something would be a not so unreasonable request in my eyes.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,772 posts
5,014 battles
On 2/8/2019 at 5:50 PM, MMASK said:

The amount of crying people is staggering.

Do you even have a faint idea of the provider-customer relationship?

Ofcourse WG is not legally obliged to show any friendly gestures towards their customers. Hell, they can even erase everybody's accounts and there would not be a thing we could do.
Is this what they're going to do? Fck no! Their goal is thriving business.

That being said, do they act like they care for the paying customers?
In the humble opinion of this one paying customer - NO.
I simply refuse to be treated like trash by this company and will voice my opinion the only way that makes sense to me - I will stop supporting this company financially.
Nothing more, nothing less.

• Cool 3

[_OPC_]
Players
442 posts
12,571 battles
On 2/9/2019 at 11:27 AM, Negativvv said:

Been said before but WG started selling WoWS Premium time just before these lol changes, they've got you :Smile_trollface:

Luckily I had pile of doubloons and premium was the best choice :)

On 2/9/2019 at 11:27 AM, Negativvv said:

I'm glad I split my time between Ships and Tanks. More Tanks these days as it's somehow more tolerable :Smile_hiding:

This is impossible! You must be playing some really old release :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1