You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
anonym_IGePq7CLQk5w

got a fix for all your problems

12 comments in this topic

Players
9 posts

1. Remove detection warning icon for ALL ships. no [edited] 6th sense type of a thing like in WOT. History teaches us that if you can anticipate your opponent you will find him where you think he is going to be. this will even up the odds for everyone in the game and will make the game more of a teamwork than it is atm.

2. Radar in the II World War was present as well as ASDIC used to counter the u-boot threat to allied shipping. It should be present in the game as well but it should work exactly the same way.

a) limited by the obctacles like islands

b) limited to minimap only without the info about what kind of the ship has been picked up by it. Identification of the target was always the first thing to do before taking any action against it and required a line of sight in order to do that.

3. CV after a hot fix in my opinion works ok. If the CV players want to play as fighter pilots, fair enough - their choice. Rocket propelled projectiles were present in the end of the II World War although mainly used against tanks but it give that extra edge to the CV player and it just makes things more interesting. 

Line of sight has always been a major problem in any warfare type of game. In real life it led to creating early warning systems like radars, sonars, intelligence service and counter inteligence service. that has been always the problem. Planes were always on the frontline acting as scouts just like destroyers in the begining of the war before long range reconnaisance flights. if you want to play the game that resembles the reality of the warfare in those times then detection icon before spotting the enemy HAS TO GO. There are a lot of possibilities in the game atm to find and kill the opposing team. but altering fundamental basics for science fiction is never a good idea as by introducing it we deprive ourselves two things that were always present on the battlefield of any kind. CHANCE and LUCK.

• Boring 4
  • Bad 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,275 posts
8,339 battles

I don't mind Sixth Sense for most ship types, so I would keep it in (this is a game, rather than a pure simulator, after all); what I would do is remove it for aircraft, as it currently functions as an overly effective sneaky ship (so, mainly DDs) proximity warning - this is part of why the new CVs have knackered the majority of sneaky ships that lack good AA (so, IJN DDs especially, but plenty of others too).

Edit: to be clear, as a DD main, I think it would be unfair for the bigger ships to not know we were out there somewhere; whilst I freely admit to mocking BB players, it would royally suck for them if the first indication they had that (say) an Asashio had taken an interest in them was when they spotted the torps incoming. The reason SS is such a problem with planes is that they can move so fast; for everything else, it makes the gamer fairer and more interesting.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
5,900 posts
7,187 battles

1. This isnt reallife

1.1. This would most likely turn the game into an utter campfest, we dont need that

2. Radar would be totaly useless. With the aforementioned proposal, DDs would be the sole king of the game. The side with bad DD players would have literally no counterplay available after they die.

3. Making CVs spotters online is boring to play - noone would play them.

4. THIS ISNT REALLIFE. In case that got lost somewhere around the lines :cap_fainting:

To the last part:

You are using reallife based arguements for places where it suits you. Since you are obviously a re-roll account, playing DD only, you are cherry picking the stuff which suits your DD fantasies. You want to torp everything without them having any clue that you are around. I mean, we could just give your DDs no torpreload, maybe then it would be balanced :cap_tea:

• Cool 2

Players
9 posts

You are right. Its a game not real life. case closed keep whining about mechanics RNG and other Shite istead if keeping it simple. Case Closed. Why bother.... I play DD's because I like to play them just as anyone likes to play any other ships. If I wanted to play Cruisers I would.

• Boring 1

Beta Tester
2,819 posts
10,585 battles
3 minutes ago, xXStalowy_WojownikXx said:

You are right. Its a game not real life. case closed keep whining about mechanics RNG and other Shite istead if keeping it simple. Case Closed. Why bother.... I play DD's because I like to play them just as anyone likes to play any other ships. If I wanted to play Cruisers I would.

But then you would probably not suggest to make radar spot DDs on the minimap only...

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
5,900 posts
7,187 battles
12 minutes ago, xXStalowy_WojownikXx said:

Well, since you are only playing DDs (but i still assume you have another account), you seem to ignore how the other ships would be like with your proposed changes.

Play Radar cruisers, experience how "OP" they are. In either case, it will teach you how to be a better DD player.

Im not saying that wows is perfect, and some changes could be made to make it more enjoyable. But straight up buffing DDs AND nerfing Cruisers heavily is not the way to go.

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
[MORIA]
Players
112 posts
22,108 battles
19 minutes ago, xXStalowy_WojownikXx said:

that is hor Radar Works 

Since you have been insisting on how radars work in real life:

German radars had 6–10 nautical miles (11–19 km; 6.9–11.5 mi) range, "four units were ordered and installed on the Königsberg, Admiral Graf Spee and two large torpedo boats (which in German service were the size of small destroyers). The Admiral Graf Spee used this unit successfully against shipping in the Atlantic."

"These early-model Seetakt systems were followed in 1939 by a modified version known as Dete 1, operating between 71 and 81.5 cm wavelength (368 to 390 MHz) at 8 kW peak and a pulse repetition frequency of 500 Hz. Maximum range against a ship-sized target at sea was up to 220 kilometers (140 mi) on a good day, though more typically half that. "

So, would you like to see ships  like Konigsberg or Graf Spee that can radar you from 220KM (or 110KM typically) in the game?  There is more information about radar in below link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seetakt

If you noticed, I didn't even mention Yamato having 3 different radars and 42KM AP shell range irl.   :cap_haloween:

• Funny 2