You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

Upcoming Fix To AA Mechanics

205 comments in this topic

[SE_WO]
Players
206 posts
12,469 battles
1 hour ago, DJ_7 said:

I was playing with 5 CVs before change. Later 3 are missing. I just played 1 battle with one of my new CVs and I immediately realized that something was wrong. Since then, both CVs wait anchored in the port. I play 90% coop battles and in the past my CVs were almost always in the top 5 of the team score list. Ok, it is an important type of ship, key for a battle result. Now the CVs are 90% of times the last 3 in the team score list. Instead of a CV bots get a BB. Does it make any sense? 

it was world of warships now its world of broken war planes ,  a snafu  game Dose not make sense  . The planes are so hard to control with a mouse and key board why bother ! W O Warplanes is 100% better in spite of they screwed it into arcade mode , did away with bombing ships and putting in rocket bases .   Think you have missed it . CVs are a game token not really a historic ship , all ships are just game tokens ,none are realistic . Tanks and planes are also vary unrealistic . example   A Tiger 1 with a 88 could blow a T 34 OR M4 of the map with one shot , but not in WOWTs . And it took almost 5- M4s to stop one Tiger in real life . WOW is just  a addicting game moving from pot game to a LSD game  .  HAhahahaha 

[DREAD]
Players
7,683 posts
5,840 battles
5 minutes ago, HellsingCross said:

Day 3

Is it fixed yet?

Still losing all planes instantly

It is not. MrC was talking about early next week 

Players
45 posts
3,504 battles

Captu333re.thumb.JPG.9d1367fb730c25b991e2621493012b70.JPGCa111pture.thumb.JPG.d15adfa8543309a5b09005895c99f9bd.JPG

I keep getting these games, where planes get instantly deleted before even doing one strike

Think I had enough of this "rework"....

(also losing my premium time which saddens me even more)

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[DREAD]
Players
7,683 posts
5,840 battles
1 minute ago, HellsingCross said:

Captu333re.thumb.JPG.9d1367fb730c25b991e2621493012b70.JPGCa111pture.thumb.JPG.d15adfa8543309a5b09005895c99f9bd.JPG

I keep getting these games, where planes get instantly deleted before even doing one strike

Think I had enough of this "rework"....

Well fighting T10s in a T8 doesn’t help. 

However I have some hopes for the next hotfix next week 

• Funny 1

Players
12 posts
548 battles

second post on the forums, I always read them but never felt the urge to participate:

the new 0.8.1 CV control, scheme and experience is FANTASTIC, Iam sure there are many people like me who really enjoy the naval action from that perspective, you created something beautiful within already beautiful game

but althought it looks magnificent all CVs (on both my accounts I play mostly CVs-only US but Iam positive its the same for others) are unplayable at all tiers - sold Midway, Lex and the others eventually and tested all tiers and - the experience is terrible:

• there is little point having multiple strikes because apart of lone DD or minus 2 tiers lone ships you can never get second strike (and have any planes return to ship which you need)
  • the flag burst does very little now, before it shredded the planes when I misplayed (or was unlucky) and that was awesome, tense and fun, now the flag bursts barely tickle but you get shredded 24/7 by machine guns, the positive feel is gone
  • speaking of shredding planes, you can barely fly 4 km close to any nonDD ship (not over or attacking it, just remotely close) and you lose half the squad (no maneuvering or boost helps much) If this is a feature then great but it seems like a little too much instant AA damage
  • bombers feel weaker than already very hard to use torpedo planes, is it your intention that there is such bug disparity in power in between three typs of flight? I might be wrong on this topic tho

in short: new CV play was awesome, tense and fun, flag bursts felt and looked incredibly nice (although the Haku stratégy  was OP as balls as I watched it on youtube). Now CV is frustrating and the great visuals and beauty you created within the already great game is lost

PS: I think the CV counterplay to lone/scouting/capping DDs is too strong and that it is proper to nert CV rocket planes (or buff DDs) in this regard (which you partially did by lowering the number of rocket strikes->thumbs up, that is a good balance.

Edited by Lieam
unclear sentense
  • Cool 3

[SE_WO]
Players
206 posts
12,469 battles
30 minutes ago, HellsingCross said:

Also, why do AA can shoot thru mountains? I don't understand it...

FUBAR ! 

• Cool 1

[VV]
Players
76 posts
3,287 battles

@MrConway @Tuccy

Commander Free Reskills and Retraining needs to be extended until the CV/AA Rework is 100% fixed. It will be hard for us as a community to give 100% perfect feedback (and for your team to gather meaningful game data) on the upcoming AA fix next week (and any future hotfixes) if we are not able to fit the commander with the skills required after each hotfix patch.

We are still playing with the capt skill selection daily since every new "Fix" changes the meta significantly. Also, these fixes affect different tiers differently. What with changes to flooding, etc, which had little to do with the AA balancing in the first place. So what you choose to re-spec into at T4-6 will be vastly different from T8-10. Do you go survivability build, AA build, secondary build, concealment build? We still don't know, and won't know in the coming days/weeks.

credit for the idea: @iJoby

Also, CE skill doesn't seem worth 4pts anymore on heavy capital ships after the recent nerf and since you're air spotted most of time anyway. Whether this skill continues to be used in the future will depend on whether CVs will remain to be prevalent in games or die out completely, which in turn depends on the direction you go with AA rebalancing.

• Cool 5

[L4GG]
Players
2,010 posts
7,682 battles
7 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Booooooooooooring!

You know what?

Glad to see that for you is booooring.

let me tell you a thing

Do you remember PEV? And that huge topic about it?

Remember how you "loved" PEV and what it did to you (ruining your mood and so on).?

Guess what? 8.0 patch and the hotfix were doing the same to me

they completely destroyed Langley and hosho.

Did you already played either one of them?

If not, try it. It's much worse than PEV.

So, @MrConway any news for us, the peasants? (Low tier cvs)

I can understand that you all are extremely occupied with t8 and upwards, but to get to Midways and Hakuryos you must get pass by Langley and Hosho first, and they are in shambles

Atm, there's nothing at WG front door to welcome newcomers. 

• Cool 2

[VV]
Players
76 posts
3,287 battles

Also, if Radio Location skill still works for air squadrons, this needs to be removed ASAP. CVs need to work a little bit harder to spot surface ships. 

- it makes CVs excessively target DDs in the game opener. There's no trade-off, no alternative tactics. 99/100 CV captains launch a rocket squadron and follow in the direction of RPF. There's no strategic choice - either you do it or you're dumb

- negates any evasive manoeuvres or approaching a cap from unexpected angles since the planes always go in the direction of the RPF

- too overpowered in mid- to late game scenarios. If the CV is surface spotted, he knows there's a small circle they need to search (e.g. Haku 11.5km concealment?), so you recall whichever squadron you were flying, launch rocket planes and head in the direction of the RPF to hound down the aggressor, spotting any possible torps in the process. In 1v1 scenarios, CV wins 100% of the time

- some surface ships (DDs and cruisers) are already specced into RPF, especially USN lines. Let them click on the map and communicate with the CV in chat to investigate / spot that area if necessary

[DREAD]
Players
7,683 posts
5,840 battles
2 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

You know what?

let me tell you a thing

Remember how you "loved" PEV and what it did to you (ruining your mood and so on).?

I can understand that you all are extremely occupied with t8 and upwards, but to get to Midways and Hakuryos you must get pass by Langley and Hosho first, and they are in shambles

I did indeed played through Hosho and am currently doing Ryujo. 

Hosho is rather boring indeed and not really strong but Ryujo is kind of fun for me at least.

And yes I am of course still angry about the PEF debacle.

I am not saying you shouldn’t voice your opinion but the amount of new threads for this topic isn’t really needed. Why not use the feedback thread for this?

Btw. I am really enjoying the new CV play apart from the overbuffed AA. Maybe you come to like it if you play it more? I mean it’s getting much better T6 and up. I also like GZ and Kaga for example eventhough it’s tough against all these T10s

[VV]
Players
76 posts
3,287 battles

The new fighter consumable for air squadrons seems very awkward and not particularly effective. The little no-fly zone is easily avoided, and only benefits friendly ships if they sit in that small zone (they rarely do, you have to keep moving or you're dead). Also, the fighter moves in a circular pattern (like standard fighter consumable on surface ships), so even when enemy planes are in range, they can also fly in a circular pattern without being tagged like a merry-go-around. And where does that fighter come from? Another CV? A naval base? Also, the amount of fighters the CV can spawn on top of himself when cornered or under attack just seems broken. 

Give the CVs a fighter squadron they can fly and control. I don't know if this would mess with balance too much, or encourage CV sniping early game to lock the other CV into a defensive position, but maybe worth exploring? 

OR allow the fighter plane lock onto a friendly ship that it's deployed over and follow it to provide constant air protection for the duration of the consumable. 

• Bad 1

[VV]
Players
76 posts
3,287 battles
On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 6:09 PM, Tuccy said:

We said we are keeping an eye on things and will step in if the change was too much ;) As it turned out, there were some errors, so we will be fixing them - and observe. All in all it should reduce random high tier blobs.

As a DD player I strongly disagree, I have enough things to do on the bridge without having to do the work of my AA officers for him as well! :cap_rambo:

Seriously though, just imagine the gameplay load and resulting vulnerability of your ship if you had to switch to AA view every now and then. There are games that allow that and TBH if I have time to fire at planes, I know I am slacking :cap_yes:

@Tuccy I agree the manual AA control could be viewed as a distraction, but think of it for a moment as an opportunity to enhance the dynamic gameplay which you guys introduced with 8.0. We're not asking you to copy other games (don't know if any copyright issues will be involved at your end), we're just asking you to think about the potential PROS and CONS. 

I've elaborated on this point in another thread - link below. Manual AA control has A LOT OF POTENTIAL. Please think about it! 

If you tell us we don't want to do it because the current game engine won't handle the additional processing load, we will understand. If you tell us we can't do it, because we will run into potential copyright issues with other game developers, we will understand. Just don't ignore us! The community likes this idea. Give it a chance!

• Cool 1

[SE_WO]
Players
206 posts
12,469 battles
1 hour ago, Butterdoll said:

You know what?

let me tell you a thing

just another FUBAR  . COMMAND likes this mess so much ,WOW Tank blitz needs ground attack planes and Wire guided rockets to keep in lock step .The sooner the better !  

Players
117 posts
1,046 battles

" Large damage spikes from AA explosions in tier VIII and above (this is a bug, the damage should increase proportionally with tier); "

How come that changed AAA dps values are "BUG"?

As some youtubers already counted AAA DPS values in ships tier8-10 are so high planes total HP are gonna last only FEW SECONDS in this AAA range?

IS THIS A BUG?

Ships rendered unplayable:

Hakaryu

Midway

Lexington

Shokaku

Graf Zeppelin

Enterprise

Kaga

Saipan

And also t6 carriers if matchmaked on tier 8

People spent a lot of time and money to got those ships ...

So now WG gonna "thinker" "some days"?

Now show some decency towards your paying ( mostly) customers and rollback this "hotfix"

Besides AAA was too high before this hotfix

The problem with spamming torpedos from haku was workaround found by players simply because planes ALREADY was too weak to made 3 attack passes "normal way"

Haka dps problem was caused by floading not by toprdo spam per say.
And theres a billion way so stop the spam not murdering planes with screwed AAA and deplaning all carriers in minutes.

Excessive DD hunting by carriers is also caused by way too high ( and brainless- with zero effort from players sttering the sips)AAA.

If carrier cant even made ONE drop on BB/AAA cruisiers blobs- the only thing left is dd hunting.

And DD hunting is harder than it was before- one good crossdrop removed DD instantly- now cv cant defent himself if DD choose to hunt them down. Or its hard and time consuming.

Its obvious WG dev team dosent understand mechanics and dependencies in theirs own game-

• Cool 3

Players
45 posts
3,504 battles
1 hour ago, Myszauke said:

The problem with spamming torpedos from haku was workaround found by players simply because planes ALREADY was too weak to made 3 attack passes "normal way"

You know he's right on the money on that one.

1 hour ago, Myszauke said:

If carrier cant even made ONE drop on BB/AAA cruisiers blobs- the only thing left is dd hunting.

And this is also very true, spent my games hunting and spotting DD because I can't strike anyone else without getting all my planes instantly deleted.

• Cool 4

[SE_WO]
Players
206 posts
12,469 battles
2 hours ago, Myszauke said:

" Large damage spikes from AA explosions in tier VIII and above (this is a bug, the damage should increase proportionally with tier); "

How come that changed AAA dps values are "BUG"?

As some youtubers already counted AAA DPS values in ships tier8-10 are so high planes total HP are gonna last only FEW SECONDS in this AAA range?

IS THIS A BUG?

Ships rendered unplayable:

Hakaryu

Midway

Lexington

Shokaku

Graf Zeppelin

Enterprise

Kaga

Saipan

And also t6 carriers if matchmaked on tier 8

People spent a lot of time and money to got those ships ...

So now WG gonna "thinker" "some days"?

Now show some decency towards your paying ( mostly) customers and rollback this "hotfix"

Haka dps problem was caused by floading not by toprdo spam per say.
And theres a billion way so stop the spam not murdering planes with screwed AAA and deplaning all carriers in minutes.

Excessive DD hunting by carriers is also caused by way too high ( and brainless- with zero effort from players sttering the sips)AAA.

And DD hunting is harder than it was before- one good crossdrop removed DD instantly- now cv cant defent himself if DD choose to hunt them down. Or its hard and time consuming.

Its obvious WG dev team dosent understand mechanics and dependencies in theirs own game-

yes you are right , it is just a total snafu , CV planes don't work worth messing with in any tier  ! TOTAL MESS  . want to play planes just play wow planes ,at least you have full control and its still fun in-spite of their tinkering arcade play update sometime ago . I REALLY HATE this change ! Even more than what they did to WoWPs 

Looking for a new game now  . maybe I can find a good race car game that they don't tinker with every few weeks

Edited by bondone
add more

[PLD]
Players
89 posts

I am sure you did not see my message to you on the life stream but it will be nice to get the option to target a ship when you are in control of the plains to get the same tracking for torps the way dd´s have i know that´s not 100% but for players used to that mechanic will help.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
87 posts
8,609 battles

The individual returning flights of planes (the ones that have carried out a strike and left the squadron to return to the CV, or the whole squadron after the F key has been pressed) result in the DDs being spotted 90% of the time.

This can be solved easily: if the returning planes are immune to AA because they're "flying at high altitude", they should not spot ships either, because they're too high. 

A simple tweak like this can make DDs life livable again without nerfing the carriers in any way. 

Beta Tester
110 posts
5,615 battles

I didn't see anything about extending captain retraining so I guess I wont be playing for a week until the next hotfix is done as I don't have the slightest inclination spend doubloons on retraining captains again after it.

• Cool 1

[SE_WO]
Players
206 posts
12,469 battles
1 hour ago, callumwaw said:

The individual returning flights of planes (the ones that have carried out a strike and left the squadron to return to the CV, or the whole squadron after the F key has been pressed) result in the DDs being spotted 90% of the time.

This can be solved easily: if the returning planes are immune to AA because they're "flying at high altitude", they should not spot ships either, because they're too high. 

A simple tweak like this can make DDs life livable again without nerfing the carriers in any way. 

planes flying at 20,000 feet could spot ships in the 1940 real world ,but little is like the real world in all WOW GAMES . They need to undo all this CV FUBAR , return the game as it was , or just END CVs all together . Want to play "fly the planes" play WOWP . they respond to controls 100% better , but still far from a sim and still fun in-spite of the silly arcade style it has become .

CVs ended ship to ship battles after dec.7 1941 anyhow . maybe WOW should build a new game "WOWCVs- " make the planes have full control as in WOWPs , no same side ships  vs same ships ,and a plane shot down its OUT OF THE GAME !  and roll back this huge FUBAR hard to play mistake . 

Players
12 posts
548 battles
23 minutes ago, bondone said:

planes flying at 20,000 feet could spot ships in the 1940 real world ,but little is like the real world in all WOW GAMES . They need to undo all this CV FUBAR , return the game as it was , or just END CVs all together . 

I disagree - the game is arcadeish and you could nitpick on thousands of little or bigger faults against realism but returning planes not spotting was maybe the best change balance wise in my oppinion.

But your prejudice towards artilery, sorry CVs, clearly shows so I am unsure whether this reply has any value to you.

Hotfix feedback:

Played lots of tier 6 CVs today and I must say that although the AA is very powerfull and planes extremely squishy, the CV is actually playable and well balanced against 1-2 lower tiers. (no match for same or god forbit higher tier, apart of lone DDs)

• Cool 1