You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

Upcoming Fix To AA Mechanics

205 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,701 posts
2,666 battles

Captains,

We've encountered two issues with anti-air defense mechanics after the 0.8.0.1 hotfix:

∙             Large damage spikes from AA explosions in tier VIII and above (this is a bug, the damage should increase proportionally with tier);

∙             Continuous DPS on several ships/tiers needs further adjusting (mostly toning down slightly);

We're already working on resolving both issues, but to avoid any new mistakes, we will be spending a couple of days double-checking everything and preparing a small update.

We plan to release this hotfix early next week.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

• Cool 10
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[GBONS]
Players
10 posts
6,900 battles

u need to rebuff jap cvs as u have nerfed them to the point theres no point in using them 

• Cool 19
  • Funny 2

[DREAD]
Players
7,523 posts
5,766 battles
22 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Captains,

We've encountered two issues with anti-air defense mechanics after the 0.8.0.1 hotfix:

∙             Large damage spikes from AA explosions in tier VIII and above (this is a bug, the damage should increase proportionally with tier);

∙             Continuous DPS on several ships/tiers needs further adjusting (mostly toning down slightly);

We're already working on resolving both issues, but to avoid any new mistakes, we will be spending a couple of days double-checking everything and preparing a small update.

Toning down continuous AA damage is a good thing. Appreciate this.

• Cool 3
  • Angry 1

Players
22 posts
12,692 battles

I hope so cause I just played on Tier VIII CV's and it wasn't funny at all sitting there after 7 min of game without being able to launch any planes anymore cause everything was shredded down. I played both as top tier against tier VI ships and against tier X and imagine a Fubuki shot down 7 planes of mine, not to mention what happened when I played against tier X ships. Even a Mussashi was able to shoot down planes and my cvs were both full upgraded with 15 + 19 skills captains on them. Here two screenshots as a prove. And I wasn't just wasting planes against AA cruisers or targeting groups if you think that. I tried to target isolated ships. The most annoying wasn't in the end the frequency of shot down planes but that very soon you couldn't launch any squadrons larger than 4 planes. Not to mention Dive bombers almost never managed to complete their attack run.

Aaa and not to forget also to mention that I was almost never able to save any squadron anymore after pressing the F even when I pressed it while 5 planes of mine were still green

cv1.jpg

cv2.jpg

• Cool 6
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Beta Tester
2,819 posts
10,585 battles
26 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Captains,

Thank you. 

I think Shokuaku is a road-kill of the Hakuryu nerf, as it only has 2 torps that perform very bad now. Maybe you guys can look into that as well. 

• Cool 7

[TB-PF]
Players
10 posts
3,553 battles

In addition you can fix the bugged Smokescreen timer for Huanghe. Totally bugged out, counts down on hotbar but not where the other smokescreen timer is. shows something completely different.. and its seems stuck on it. Unsure if this has been reported yet.

Players
2 posts
2,889 battles

hi,

Sorry to say but i wont play cv anymore the most damage you can do now is less then 100k in a tier 8 or 10 battle thats is not even enough to sink one bb the only thing a cv is good for now is scouting 

the good thing is that attacking a group of ships is more dificult and will result in big losses i like that and is realistic but even a single ship all alone is a task that is impossible the fun is now out of a cv 

hope you correct it soon or you will see almost no cv's like before 

• Cool 5
  • Bad 3

[12345]
Players
2 posts
8,139 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

Captains,

[TOXIC]
Players
4,508 posts
11,466 battles
51 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Thank you. 

I think Shokuaku is a road-kill of the Hakuryu nerf, as it only has 2 torps that perform very bad now. Maybe you guys can look into that as well. 

Hakuryuu also has a 2 torp option that was quite powerful because you could easily deliver 5-6 strikes on a somewhat isolated target, dealing quite a bit of alpha and stacking some flooding. Problem is: this was already solved by the AA change (you just can't linger around BBs or cruisers quite as long, even when they are alone and not known for great AA), and then there was the fact that flooding chance got cut in half. But that wasn't enough - they just HAD to be given abysmal aiming characteristic - because nothing says "fun to use" like two torps that just go all over the place if you as much as touch the mouse (let's nt even mention keyboard) anywhere close to the attack run. You need to perform the attack run while pressing the right mouse button because just keeping your hand on the mouse is likely to mess up the spread :Smile_teethhappy:

@MrConway

AA being so powerful is the lesser problem for Haku (I won't speak for lower tier IJN CVs but I expect it's not that different for them either) compared to the fact that the handling of your iconic weapon - the torpedoes, regardless of configuration - is simply abhorrent. It's not my planes dying when I overcommitted or picked the wrong target that made me give up on playing Hakuryu - it's the fact that even if I end up having a good match, I'm just not having fun (and let's not mention the BAD matches). It's ok when I have troublesome enemies to deal with and need to overcome their terrifying AA or pick isolated targets. But when my main enemy is the abysmal handling of my own weapons, then something's not right there. Torpedo spreads that wait forever to start shrinking and then grow ridiculously at the slightest twitch of the mouse, so I need to start the run from really far away and keep RMB pressed for most of it. The AP reticle that outright lies to the player as to where the actual aiming reticle is going to appear (and more often than not appears either closer or further away than expected). Well, I guess the rocket planes are reliable. But I'm not so sure if "the only weapon you don't pull your hair using is the rocket plane" really fits into that whole "let's reduce the pressure on DDs" idea. Other than driving away the CV players, that is. After all, making CVs unfun to play due to frustrating controls means less CVs and with less CVs around, the lives of DDs will certainly be easier. So... good job helping DDs, I guess?

Well, lookie here, a positive! :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 6

Players
2 posts
2,889 battles

hi again,

so please restore the game style like it was before or fix this i stop playing  cv for now there is no fun no style to learn to do some real damage, cruiser behind a rock are now sitting aa platforms and kill all your planes they only need 2 sec to shoot them all down. Aiming for bb's is now impossible becouse of the aiming time for torp planes, they steer you ajust and your aiming is so off you Always mis, bomber planes are the only thing that stayed the same but you cant return a single plane becouse before you get out of range they are all dead so 1 run possible whit a whole squadron so 2 a 3 runs the whole game. 

i thought cv's in real life where the bomb in the 2nd world war and i liked the game for the reallism but this is just insane its like being a tier 3 ship in a tier 10 battle you are

only there for the show showing your cool camo or flags :P

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[-RT-]
Players
727 posts
16,545 battles

Since you didn't answer in the cv feedback thread, so here we go again: What about the change to the time until planes become invulnerable again? It is an extremly frustrating mechanic if most of the planes you lose are the ones which are out of your control either directly after a drop or after using "F"...

Btw the nerfs to Haku reminded me a bit of the ones to the YY... Not small ones, no just take out the hammer und slam the ship. Why? No one knows... I was already a bit annoyed when you nerfed the time it took for Midway t-bombers arming reticule to tighten up from PTS to Live and now Haku is the same. It takes so long to get a narrow spread and that is simply not fun to play and on top you have to go into the attack mode from so far away that every competent player sees it coming for ages! There were so many options to change Hakus long range torps by either nerfing the range oder adjusting the spotting distance etc but instead you again decided to make them unfun to play and on top you also nerf the torpedo speed, why??

• Cool 7

[WOTN]
Players
445 posts
6,364 battles

@MrConway Why not just let DDs and CLs manually fire their guns at planes?
Even control over only large caliber flak (which was usually controlled by FCS anyway) can solve most aa issues by gitting gud because it`s the one that actually deals damage, and we still keep a class for less skilled players.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,451 posts
7,313 battles
1 hour ago, LordXRS said:

And yesterday on stream u say Everythig is fine. :cap_haloween:

We said we are keeping an eye on things and will step in if the change was too much ;) As it turned out, there were some errors, so we will be fixing them - and observe. All in all it should reduce random high tier blobs.

4 minutes ago, Infiriel said:

@MrConway Why not just let DDs and CLs manually fire their guns at planes?
Even control over only large caliber flak (which was usually controlled by FCS anyway) can solve most aa issues by gitting gud because it`s the one that actually deals damage, and we still keep a class for less skilled players.

As a DD player I strongly disagree, I have enough things to do on the bridge without having to do the work of my AA officers for him as well! :cap_rambo:

Seriously though, just imagine the gameplay load and resulting vulnerability of your ship if you had to switch to AA view every now and then. There are games that allow that and TBH if I have time to fire at planes, I know I am slacking :cap_yes:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Players
22 posts
12,692 battles
26 minutes ago, YellowSubmarine_8 said:

hi again,

so please restore the game style like it was before or fix this i stop playing  cv for now there is no fun no style to learn to do some real damage, cruiser behind a rock are now sitting aa platforms and kill all your planes they only need 2 sec to shoot them all down. Aiming for bb's is now impossible becouse of the aiming time for torp planes, they steer you ajust and your aiming is so off you Always mis, bomber planes are the only thing that stayed the same but you cant return a single plane becouse before you get out of range they are all dead so 1 run possible whit a whole squadron so 2 a 3 runs the whole game. 

i thought cv's in real life where the bomb in the 2nd world war and i liked the game for the reallism but this is just insane its like being a tier 3 ship in a tier 10 battle you are

only there for the show showing your cool camo or flags :P

Its ok guys, lets not get frustrated. The update & changes are still dynamic and in constant change. They already said they will address this issue as soon as possible (bug and fine tuning). We have seen now both extremities in cv gameplay and I am confident that in the next two months balance will make gameplay more comfortable. Lets make more contributive comments and help them balancing it than degrade all effort and time they invest in those cv changes. :Smile_Default:

Till then all ships can take revenge on the dominance of CV's all those years :Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface:

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif.6c19fb0242615e6676b6f81be54a19fc.gif

• Funny 6
  • Bad 1

[WOTN]
Players
445 posts
6,364 battles
11 minut temu, Tuccy napisał:

As a DD player I strongly disagree, I have enough things to do on the bridge without having to do the work of my AA officers for him as well! :cap_rambo:

Seriously though, just imagine the gameplay load and resulting vulnerability of your ship if you had to switch to AA view every now and then. There are games that allow that and TBH if I have time to fire at planes, I know I am slacking :cap_yes:

Honestly
I don`t see the issue here.
If you don`t have time to fire at planes you just leave AA on auto, and focus on dodging (and pray that auto mode accomplishes anything).
Being (air)spotted makes your DD vulnerable in the first place though.

• Cool 2

Players
45 posts
3,306 battles
38 minutes ago, Tuccy said:

We said we are keeping an eye on things and will step in if the change was too much ;) As it turned out, there were some errors, so we will be fixing them - and observe. All in all it should reduce random high tier blobs.

Then do it fast, it's not playable at the moment...

And I am losing my premium time over this bad "hotfix"  -_-"

[SE_WO]
Players
206 posts
11,847 battles
3 hours ago, I_love_ducks said:

just undo this rework... for everyones sake.. its obiously not ready and its killing your game.

No they just need add on land based bombers with 3 kilo ton nukes , that will be the best up date then I want command of land base every time !

1 minute ago, zordage said:

Good news work in progress until its tuned. 

still need the nukes !

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[YARRR]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
93 posts
2,597 battles

next patch: 0.8.0.1.1.1

• Cool 2
  • Funny 8

[BGBRD]
Players
322 posts
9,724 battles

Well that hot-fix for the "hot-fix" if funny, but all an all WP for the fast reaction. I hope this trend continue with the next patches, not only for the ones related to CV rework, but not with such "spikes" like this - from OP/broken to nerfed/unplayable to balanced (we hope so) .

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1