Atorpad

what build should i use on daring

9 comments in this topic

[ARYA]
Players
490 posts
11,604 battles

Hi

using BFT + gun reload module she has 2 sec reload but 1200 sec on torps . and using TAE+torp reload module she has 92 sec reload on torps .

any guide on whichone is better for CB and random?

Players
6,868 posts
8,719 battles
3 minutes ago, Atorpad said:

Hi

using BFT + gun reload module she has 2 sec reload but 1200 sec on torps . and using TAE+torp reload module she has 92 sec reload on torps .

any guide on whichone is better for CB and random?

Torpedo reload upgrades give much larger gains- almost 30s compared to what, 0.5s on main guns? You can always mix Torpedo Reload mod with BFT to get little of both worlds

• Cool 1

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,640 posts
6,550 battles

Your guns are your bread and butter, and the torps are more of a secondary armament IMO. However I do really need to play the Jutland in particular more since now is the first time you actually get long range torps, so I might get more use of them than previously.

Best combo would probably be BFT+torpedo reload module so you ge tthe best of both worlds like Panocek says.

• Cool 1

[ARYA]
Players
490 posts
11,604 battles

but the thing is guns are used so much in CB but in randoms you regret not having torps reloaded yet !i'm confused

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,640 posts
6,550 battles
On 2/8/2019 at 2:38 PM, Atorpad said:

but the thing is guns are used so much in CB but in randoms you regret not having torps reloaded yet !i'm confused

Sorry for reviving this, but after getting some more Jutland games under my belt I say go for gunpower all the way. Yes the torp reload module brings a greater benefit than the reload module. But if your torps are detected or your target changes course that reload means nothing in most games.

Where as the added gunpower makes itself known in every game I have played thus far. Using AP most of the time and IFHE whenever something angles you will rack up more damage and help your team more than if you would relying on your torpedoes. Your torps are not bad, but I tend to use them as a secondary armamanet or zoning tool. If you want a hybrid with more torp power I say go for the Gearing or Z-52. The Jutland thrives as a knifefighting gun platform IMO.

• Cool 2

[ARYA]
Players
490 posts
11,604 battles
5 hours ago, ollonborre said:

Sorry for reviving this, but after getting some more Jutland games under my belt I say go for gunpower all the way. Yes the torp reload module brings a greater benefit than the reload module. But if your torps are detected or your target changes course that reload means nothing in most games.

Where as the added gunpower makes itself known in every game I have played thus far. Using AP most of the time and IFHE whenever something angles you will rack up more damage and help your team more than if you would relying on your torpedoes. Your torps are not bad, but I tend to use them as a secondary armamanet or zoning tool. If you want a hybrid with more torp power I say go for the Gearing or Z-52. The Jutland thrives as a knifefighting gun platform IMO.

What about a third option like Super Intendent for more repair?

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,640 posts
6,550 battles
On 4/3/2019 at 2:33 PM, Atorpad said:

What about a third option like Super Intendent for more repair?

That could certainly be a valid option. In the current CV meta I sometimes wish I had more staying power since lately I have been focused a lot. So in that sense I would drop SE for SI and keep BFT. BFT is still a really nice bang for your buck skill and the extra heal can do more work than the extra flat HP. The thing is that you need to manage your heal effectively. 1 charge (on the Jutland atleast) heals for a maximum of 2580 HP, but SE provides a flat 3150 HP. So in theory you get more effective HP from the heals, but in reality that can be very situational if you get the maximum out of your heal.

So basically if you only receive light damage all game then the heal will be more beneficial. But if you eat AP pens or the accidental torp then SE will do more for you and the 2 heals as an added bonus.

• Cool 1

[TTT]
[TTT]
1,241 posts
12,302 battles

My solo performance in the Daring

B0d10Rb.png

And my setup

yO53Kjh.png

I think this is the optimal spec. Remember to run  India Delta signal flags (+20% hp recovered when using Repair Party).

• Cool 3