You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nastybabe

Hey, can you fix your game? Thx

98 comments in this topic

Players
5,718 posts
7,083 battles
Alle 8/2/2019 alle 11:13, Darth_Glorious ha scritto:

Yes they work, at least they are less RNG than the mess we have now.

Only because AP bombs don't do much on DDs. Otherwise I'd honestly use those.

Alle 8/2/2019 alle 11:13, Saiyko ha scritto:

firechance is quite low yea. Do you try to get the reticle as small as possible, cause that's quite a difference, even though on DDs there's still some rng involved. Most cruisers also take quite some damage from them.

I don't see it narrowing ever on my Ryuujou, but I guess I can try.

Alle 8/2/2019 alle 11:15, thiextar ha scritto:

The big issue is that literally ANYTHING must be done to ensure that bobbing doesn't become the new meta. 

And the big problem is, that as soon as CV's become somewhat capable in this rework, blob meta forms. 

I really really don't want the blob meta to stick, but I think the only way to avoid it is by keeping CV's weak, it's sad, but I don't see an alternative

They didn't blob in the old RTS CV system, when blobbing would have been effective, I doubt they'd do it now once people calm down and return to derping around.

Alle 8/2/2019 alle 11:16, Redcap375 ha scritto:

What i would do?

Simple, shorten the distance of the torps. That way they simply cant drop them too far out. Why this wasn't done is beyond me. 

It was considered a feature that Hakuryu can stealth torp. That range was intentional.

Flack and DPS

The went from one to the other. When the rework first came out if you avoided the flack then it's easy.  Now the DPS slaughters you before the flack. 

What i would do?

They need to bring them closer and meet in the middle. Less DPS and more flack damage.  You need to reward players for using their WASD.  Constant damage and the amount it can cause is too much IMHO.  Increase flack damage and less DSP, not as much as their first rework but close the gap a bit more. Just a little tweaking. 

Flack walls

You are flying then all of a sudden you have a wall, i mean no gaps of flack.  Your planes fly through it killing/crippling most of them.

What i would do?

Have gaps.  Something the play has to do (use WASD) to avoid.  However small that gap might be, something like frogger (those that remember that).  Putting your hands up in the air saying "*edited* can i dodge that" isn't good for the game. 

Frankly, I thought about how to balance AA long and hard yesterday evening after derping around a bit more on both sides of the CV gameplay and I'm of the opinion that AA cannot be balanced as long as there are not more options for targets. The main issues are when creating this system:

• CVs need a way to mitigate AA and even get something done vs heavy AA ships
  • Surface ships need a way to still be effective vs planes and not just passive targets
  • This system must be easy enough that surface ships are not overloaded with AA duty while still having to fight the regular battle

Currently, there is only one single mechanic that allows surface ships to do something with their AA and that is sector switching. Imo, the proper response would thus be to increase the effect of this mechanic, so that correct sector management makes the difference. It already does make one, I know, but I'm mostly thinking that if everyone had a bit lower dps, but a much higher multiplier on the sector, then it'd actually become a competition of skill of CV vs target, attack angle selection vs sector reinforcement selection, where it can go both ways and neither does the target feel helpless (unless they are in some ship with truely garbage AA, where they deserve it typically for balance. e.g. Musashi) nor does the CV feel at the mercy of dps that is pretty much no skill required. Then it would need the proper balance between complexity of the system so a target ship can handle it without utterly compromising the rest of its play. After all, it's fine if the system favours aircraft vs distracted target or targets distracted by aircraft getting crippled by other ships, but it shouldn't become a game like I had pre-hotfix where I basically have to dodge aircraft and shred aircraft for almost the entire match duration while getting nothing done because the CVs spot me and threaten to delete me. But as it is now, neither dps nor flak burst can ever be balanced, because either the target has no way of ever handling a good cV or it just shreds everyone equally with no skill input, because, well, apart from clicking a sector, WG gives few options. 

• Cool 2

Players
2,756 posts
8,185 battles
6 minutes ago, Seiranko said:

It was considered a feature that Hakuryu can stealth torp. That range was intentional.

Then increase the RE-ARMING of the torps so they cant spam them over and over before they reach the target. Sorted?

10 minutes ago, Seiranko said:

because either the target has no way of ever handling a good cV or it just shreds everyone equally with no skill input, because, well, apart from clicking a sector, WG gives few options. 

And that my friend is the skill gap WG wanted to close apparently and what you get by doing a console re-work.:cap_tea: A Rock and a hard place. 

Whatever WG decide, they HAVE to reward player skill at some point.  Having planes just drop out the sky with little player input wont stick.  

Bring flack and DSP a little closer and take it from there. 

Players
5,718 posts
7,083 battles
Just now, Redcap375 said:

Then increase the RE-ARMING of the torps so they cant spam them over and over before they reach the target. Sorted?

Just pointing out what they lauded as one fun aspect of IJN CV gameplay.

1 minute ago, Redcap375 said:

And that my friend is the skill gap WG wanted to close apparently and what you get by doing a console re-work.:cap_tea: A Rock and a hard place. 

You frankly can't close the skill gap. You can only restrict match influence. A unicum Yamato will also have an insane skill gap over a potato one, but way less match influence.

2 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Whatever WG decide, they HAVE to reward player skill at some point.  Having planes just drop out the sky with little player input wont stick.  

Bring flack and DSP a little closer and take it from there. 

But flak and dps are already closer t each other than before. It's why we are where we are now. Because my Mino mid-range for example went from 1k dps 2k burst to 1.5k dps and 1.8k burst. It now doesn't even matter if you fly into the burst. You almost eat as much damage anyway and if you eat one you just die a bit faster. But that should be adressed by lowering values across the board and giving ways players can take actions to increase it in the match with actions. Sector-switching for example. If sector switching was like 200%/10%, you could get by with a Mino having 750 dps if they manage that sector well, while if they mess up or get outfeinted, the CV can still win.

Beta Tester
2,440 posts

I think they have to put a hard cap on AA DPS, like no more than 50% plane HP per sec or something, so you can still lose plane but having time to react...This can also fix the problem of T8 CV meet T10 ships, or T6 meet T8 ships, etc.

• Cool 1

[RO-RN]
Players
572 posts
7,151 battles

How about you play something else than sit in the back and farm damage simulator? and no you infinite planes crap CVS dont deserve any buffs, and before this rework CVS struggled to deal with AA monsters like des moines, minotaur and worcester or anything that is AA build!

• Bad 1

[NWP]
Players
6,268 posts
7,373 battles
3 hours ago, Mr_Snoww said:

Don't think anyone really cares mate. We just want them to fix CVs. Good for you if you've had a few lucky games where the enemy isn't in a big ball but that's not the point. 

Here we see once again a special one, who thinks he is entitled to rape everything in its path despite counterplay. If one AA blob isnt a viable counterplay against a CV, then you might aswell call it world of CVs, and let all other ships be commanded by bots. Make it a 1vs20 and just slaughter everything...:cap_fainting:

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[IDDQD]
Players
288 posts
9,851 battles
3 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

No ship except DDs has an AA range longer than air spotting range and perhaps most important of all it is consistent as it can no longer be buffed.

And if you know there are AA ships on the field, why would you fly smack dab into enemy formations? Just do it at an angle at the start of a match, after that you can pretty much extrapolate where everything is from the minimap and act accordingly.

Alternatively if you favor speed you can just make your RFs act as sacrificial scouts just like DBs used to be. While your HP may take significant hits, you're unlikely to lose even a single plane if you're paying attention. Just abandon the squad outside of AA once you know where everything is and plan a strike with DBs or TBs instead.

Yes.

While spotting may be a boring job, it is a crucial one and will benefit you in the end. Do you want to win or not?

This is not a solo game. Every class must be reliant on another one for something. CVs must not be any different.

yea, we all understand the the most masochistic super unicum CV gods will always find some sort of satisfaction, just as long as they will keep shining over the average crowd. There are for sure artists that can paint a picture using dogshit, does not mean i will buy it.

whole idea of the CV rework was to open the class for average ppl, and i highly doubt they will find "flying around for 10mins doing nothing" waiting for tiny opportunity to strike to be fun.

there were no-fly zones before and it was crap. Thats why CV alpha strike potential was cut into multiple faster and weaker strikes, where low-AA ships would get multiple hits from CV and heavy AA ships maybe 1-2 drops. Having and AA immunity was crap and will be crap as long as it exists. If WG insists to have CV immune ships in game, give me the CV DEV Strike potential back, and i will "wait for the right oportunity" to deal 50-70k drop once every 10min.

after hotfix, we ended up in the loss/loss situation - average ppl are unable to do ANYTHING as before rework, but the rare opportunities to strike reward with 2-4 hits for 15k dmg, what used to be crippling drop before.

if WG spent all this time and effort with CW rework (and coming RN CV) just to satisfy 5 remaining stubborn CV masochists that will keep playing no matter what, then so be it. Just don't be surprised this crap wont sell well then.

• Bad 3

[MEMRI]
Players
25 posts
2,338 battles

I'm  not saying that by the fact that i've payd almost 400€ for this game should make me "strong", no, i dont care, i'm not "paying to win"', if i'm using my money on this game it's because i like it and it's a good game ... UNTIL, they release this stupid update ... 
I just want my fav game fixed ... That's all.

Players
49 posts
3,820 battles

Long long time ago i bought Diablo 3 and never played it cause of Wargaming games. Thanks to your update 0.8.0, i finally install the game and remember; there are a lot of good game around. Keep up to good work WG :cap_old:

• Cool 1

[MEMRI]
Players
25 posts
2,338 battles

Flack walls

You are flying then all of a sudden you have a wall, i mean no gaps of flack.  Your planes fly through it killing/crippling most of them.

What i would do?

Have gaps.  Something the play has to do (use WASD) to avoid.  However small that gap might be, something like frogger (those that remember that).  Putting your hands up in the air saying "*edited* can i dodge that" isn't good for the game. 

That's EXACTLY what i'm doing !!! When i see that, i just simply leave my keyboard and watch my planes like : WTF C'MON DUUUUUUUUDE ........................ 
Even if i press F with the new update, i still loose all my planes, so yeah ...

[PAPAT]
Players
17 posts
7,781 battles
6 hours ago, Mr_Snoww said:

Don't think anyone really cares mate. We just want them to fix CVs. Good for you if you've had a few lucky games where the enemy isn't in a big ball but that's not the point. 

I wonder which is more problematic for the gameplay meta. A CV player not getting huge damage done because enemy team sails in a big blob. Or a CV player forcing the enemy team to sail in a big blob. :cap_hmm:

Players
4,370 posts
7,987 battles
5 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

This is all familiar territory. We've been through this before. Would you have struck something covered by e.g. a full AA Mino in the RTS iteration? Didn't think so.

Oh how I got cursed at yesterday in another thread, when I said that.

[COTNS]
Players
216 posts
3,544 battles
5 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

No ship except DDs has an AA range longer than air spotting range and perhaps most important of all it is consistent as it can no longer be buffed.

And if you know there are AA ships on the field, why would you fly smack dab into enemy formations? Just do it at an angle at the start of a match, after that you can pretty much extrapolate where everything is from the minimap and act accordingly.

Alternatively if you favor speed you can just make your RFs act as sacrificial scouts just like DBs used to be. While your HP may take significant hits, you're unlikely to lose even a single plane if you're paying attention. Just abandon the squad outside of AA once you know where everything is and plan a strike with DBs or TBs instead.

Yes.

While spotting may be a boring job, it is a crucial one and will benefit you in the end. Do you want to win or not?

This is not a solo game. Every class must be reliant on another one for something. CVs must not be any different.

spotting doesnt effect exp gained very much if at all. what good is winning if you get no exp for doing so.

[NWP]
Players
6,268 posts
7,373 battles
Alle 8/2/2019 alle 10:26, El2aZeR ha scritto:

And yes, sometimes it means just flying circles outside of enemy AA range, spotting and waiting for an opportunity

Its obvious what they want:

- Strike any target at will. If its supposed to be an AA ship - doesnt matter. One big blob of ships - doesnt matter

- To have 100% WR, or as close as it can be

- As much damage as possible: the higher, the better :cap_win: (best would probably kill the entire enemy fleet on their own)

Literally nothing should be able to stop their free reign of farming.

No, im not hating CVs. Im hating players who obviously only care about having an OP "thing" and have 0 interested in any balancing of the game.

Alle 8/2/2019 alle 16:50, kingzy2013 ha scritto:

spotting doesnt effect exp gained very much if at all. what good is winning if you get no exp for doing so.

Blame WG for that? And personaly i cant even say if thats true or not. Just yesterday my first Worcester game, and i kinda was spotting for my team. I had only 44k damage, with almost 110k spotting, 2 kills and 6 plane kills. I was first in XP (1576). https://wows-numbers.com/de/player/540423429,DFens_666/

There is proof. 2601 XP is with the 65% premium account bonus obviously. I didnt even have a cap point, but 16k damage on DDs.

Winning is the ultimate goal in a PvP game. Spotting is extremely important in WoWs. But people feel entitled to dealing as much damage as they want, which often makes them lose (so they gain less XP than with a win)

• Cool 1

Players
2,844 posts
14,993 battles
9 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Heresy!!!  :Smile_izmena:

[H-M-S]
Players
12 posts
8,748 battles
10 hours ago, pra3y said:

You have infinite planes with the rework, deal with it.

*sarcasm*

Obviously you dont understand .... To remake a usable 12 plane squadron with its health pool of 22k to be able to enter an AA bubble takes nearly 15 minutes so if we want hour long games then thats the way to go.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,304 posts
16,490 battles

@pra3y You are clearly not denoting your sarcasm well enough it seems.

Maybe supersize and make it bold next time? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[NWP]
Players
6,268 posts
7,373 battles
9 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

@pra3y You are clearly not denoting your sarcasm well enough it seems.

Maybe supersize and make it bold next time? :Smile_trollface:

They probably look like this after reading the sentence

giphy.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[TTT]
Players
718 posts
14,737 battles
46 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Aha, so you're all saying that the hotfix actually HASN'T overdone things and is perfectly fine. I must have misunderstood you guys the entire time! :Smile_trollface:

Lets be real for a moment, yes the hotfix was rushed. Yes, it is way out of proportion of what was actually needed as is usual with changes that WG likes to do.

But to say that CVs are "completely useless" or "unplayable" at the moment is just plain wrong. They're only so if you try to pull the same stuff you did before. If you make the necessary adjustments to your play however a CV easily remains the most powerful and influential ship in a match. This may come at the cost of your enjoyment but hey, this is a PvP game. Personal enjoyment is the last thing that matters. That doesn't only apply to surface ships, as I have told the whiners over the past few years when they were and still are complaining about playing against CVs being no fun, this applies to CVs as well.

i was commenting your attitude, not wgs decisions, while we are on the hotfix thingy, cvs arent unplayable but i understand why people say that they are, not everyone is unicu and not every unicum can adjust to rework cvs, i have 5 of those in OSC as proof... Have some understanding mate and do try not to be a diick you turn out to be couse i can be three times bigger diick

• Bad 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,304 posts
16,490 battles
10 minutes ago, SexyCroat said:

Have some understanding mate

I have very little patience with those that would rather moan and whine instead of gitting gud considering this is one of the things that caused the death of the previous CV iteration and why this game has went downhill since ~2 years ago.

So excuse me for not having any sympathy at all with such people.

And quite frankly your ability to insult others doesn't concern me.

• Cool 1

[O-P-C]
Players
408 posts
8,886 battles
12 hours ago, Nastybabe said:

Tired of getting all my planes one shooted without even using them
Tired of not having the possibility of using my torps because the time it takes to the gap to become tighter is too LONG .......

Did you try your game before lunching this patch, really? 

DO SOMETHING. 

CV are UNPLAYABLE Atm ......... Nerf this [edited]AA i've not payed 400€ for this [edited]game to be treated like a [edited]crap by the devs, make this game GOOD, THANKS.

they should have put 0.8.0 patch on russian server only  and see how it goes from there.:cap_look:

• Funny 1

[IDDQD]
Players
288 posts
9,851 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

And you honestly believe that after all is said and done you'll be able to :etc_swear: all over AA ships once again?

While the hotfix may have overdone things, it does hint at what capacity WG wishes these ships to have at air denial. If you do not learn your lessons now you're probably going to regret it later.

what makes you think that people will keep playing or regretting something in a video game they play to have fun? they will move on to something else

could be a shocker for you, but not everyone's life revolves around pixel boats and virtual egos, if something they do to relax becomes a chore of frustration, mechanics changing too much every week they will be gone and regrets will be on WG side for loosing customers.

no ship can be immune to other ship class. They can be more or less effective at defeating it, but NOT immune. Let alone by doing nothing except "P".

DD can kill wooster or DM with 2-3 torps, BB can take out 50% of HP of DD if they misplay. What kind of misplay would a Minotaur have to do to get killed by CV? he can beat the CV by going AFK.