Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Neomech

Rollback the carrier rework

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
1 post
1,785 battles

So, let me start this off by saying that I like that WG tried to make carrier's more accessible to the average player (a task with the best of intent). However the change they implemented did not make it more accessible, in fact it only narrowed the skill threshold while at the same time increasing the skill required to be good which they claimed was the cause of "too much power in the hands of one player" instead of widening the skill threshold and making it easier for the average Joe to play carriers to a level which meant they were an asset rather than a burden to the team.

There was nothing wrong with the way the old carrier system worked, it was fun. So what if a few players had developed the skill set required to absolutely dominate the enemy carrier. that was part of the challenge, almost like having your own mini rts duel inside a game that wasn't an rts. If too much power is the problem then perhaps tweak the ships/aircraft themselves instead of redesigning how the system works entirely. I can't think of anything more boring than watching ONE squadron of planes slowly make they're way halfway across the map to drop a few torps and then watch as they all miss or get shot down. WOW what amazing gameplay that is soooooo engaging and not at all making me want to gouge my eyes out in frustration. I think it's safe to say that this "rework" is nothing short of a colossal failure and WG should think about rolling back to the old and quite frankly better system. I mean I wasn't amazing at playing carriers before but now I can barely do anything because of how abysmal the current system is. WG please, do your playerbase. YOUR CUSTOMERS right by fixing this failure you have made.

  • Cool 6
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
183 posts
11,672 battles
4 hours ago, Neomech said:

So, let me start this off by saying that I like that WG tried to make carrier's more accessible to the average player (a task with the best of intent). However the change they implemented did not make it more accessible, in fact it only narrowed the skill threshold while at the same time increasing the skill required to be good which they claimed was the cause of "too much power in the hands of one player" instead of widening the skill threshold and making it easier for the average Joe to play carriers to a level which meant they were an asset rather than a burden to the team.

There was nothing wrong with the way the old carrier system worked, it was fun. So what if a few players had developed the skill set required to absolutely dominate the enemy carrier. that was part of the challenge, almost like having your own mini rts duel inside a game that wasn't an rts. If too much power is the problem then perhaps tweak the ships/aircraft themselves instead of redesigning how the system works entirely. I can't think of anything more boring than watching ONE squadron of planes slowly make they're way halfway across the map to drop a few torps and then watch as they all miss or get shot down. WOW what amazing gameplay that is soooooo engaging and not at all making me want to gouge my eyes out in frustration. I think it's safe to say that this "rework" is nothing short of a colossal failure and WG should think about rolling back to the old and quite frankly better system. I mean I wasn't amazing at playing carriers before but now I can barely do anything because of how abysmal the current system is. WG please, do your playerbase. YOUR CUSTOMERS right by fixing this failure you have made.

In generaly agreed but eliminate the "planes pass out of border" cheats and the strafe thing that is actually is a secret thing since ii never saw it being described as a higher tier CV "feature" by WG. In fact i still don't even know which was the button that was making that attack happen. I only learnt about that option from WoWs contributors via twitch And since there is so much complain with CVs spotting dds i would say "remove CV spotting but make it partial spotting" (aka able to show enemy ship's location in minimap) Now if all these would be adressed perhaps then it would be a good idea to bring the old model back. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
535 posts
6,773 battles

There was everything wrong with the way old carrier RTS system work and that's why WG change it  and they change it good - they just need to tweak it --- they will never rollback back that utterly  broken 5 ship in one class system because it was broken and because only unicom cv player like it all other felt like cannon fodder and meat for them, now cv class is almost like all others   ....

 

Never again, for me game never feel better than now, maybe first year ( 1.5y ) was better but that is whole different story  ..

  • Cool 3
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BGNAV]
Players
264 posts
3,343 battles

They invested too much money in the rework. Many months of salaries and time, it will be a big embarrassment to delete it, so much that I believe they will carry on with it even if everyone stops playing the game tomorrow. So there's little point in asking for it.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts

UK CV introduction events are coming.....they expect sales from that. These UK CV will probably not even have the ability to function in the old RTS system. Would need rework (= time and money invested) again. It will freeze in hell and pigs will be able to fly, before you will see that happening, lol.

 

Maybe it's a good idea to let WG know they made a partial mistake dissapointing so many customers. But really expect a rollback....i don't think that can be expected.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,109 posts
14,325 battles
Vor 7 Stunden, Neomech sagte:

narrowed the skill threshold while at the same time increasing the skill required to be good 

(...)

There was nothing wrong with the way the old carrier system worked, it was fun.

You got any left of that stuff you smoked?

  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,184 posts
5,293 battles
1 hour ago, sisito0o said:

They invested too much money in the rework. Many months of salaries and time, it will be a big embarrassment to delete it, so much that I believe they will carry on with it even if everyone stops playing the game tomorrow. So there's little point in asking for it.

Moreover, on a technical point of view the only way to do a rollback is to reinstall 0.7.12 with the database archive from the day before the update.

 

I don't think people will agree to lose all the progress they made and all they gained in 1 week ...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,816 posts
10,550 battles
7 hours ago, Neomech said:

boring than watching ONE of planes slowly make they're way halfway across the map 

 

Have you been playing old RTS-CV on the Chinese server instead? 

 

Because my planes go half the map in 15 seconds... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,784 posts
16,165 battles
5 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Have you been playing old RTS on the Chinese server? 

 

Wait, the CN server still has RTS CVs?

Time to migrate guys! :Smile_trollface:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,816 posts
10,550 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Wait, the CN server still has RTS CVs?

Time to migrate guys! :Smile_trollface:

 

I think they have it too. But weren't they a few patches behind at some point?

Maybe it was just in Tanks though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KAKE]
Players
1,681 posts
3,971 battles
1 hour ago, NoirLotus said:

Moreover, on a technical point of view the only way to do a rollback is to reinstall 0.7.12 with the database archive from the day before the update.

Not really. There's nothing inherently in the way of reverting components of the game in a new patch and leaving the progression as it is. I mean, it's basically the same process as they've done previously with ships that have had major changes (and just did once with the CVs). 

 

It's going to be a pain in the arse for the devs, and it's going to delay the RN CVs as well as screw up their internal schedule. But it's perfectly doable.

 

Most of the changes that players have made are reversible, since you can presumably rebuy CVs you've sold with the free exp and credits you got from refunding them, and rebuy permacamos with the doubloons you got from selling them etc. And customer service are going to have a hell of a time for a few weeks.

 

Of course, it's going to be a lot more work than if they'd just scrapped the rework at an earlier stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,087 posts
6,321 battles
1 hour ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

 

Have you been playing old RTS-CV on the Chinese server instead? 

 

Because my planes go half the map in 15 seconds... 

He's been playing tier 4, so his judgment is based soley on the first CV you get.

In fairness though his experience of RTS was limited to tier 4 as well, so at least its a like for like comparison

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles
4 hours ago, NoirLotus said:

I don't think people will agree to lose all the progress they made and all they gained in 1 week ...

I'd happily trade that progress for 7.12, where do I sign?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1 post
1,060 battles

Carrier-rework completely unnecessary and frustrating!

I want my money back!

 

The carrier-rework changed the gameplay with carriers and planes completely and radically. I can not find a reason for the rework. The old gameplay was comfortable and useful. The new rework is clumsy, complicated, difficult to understand and unusable. During the gameplay I have the feeling, that I do not fly with the planes but the planes fly with me. To fly with the planes now is very frustrating.

 

If I had known, before the developers made the changes, that the developers will make that rework, I would not have bought credit points.

Everyone, who thinks like me, should go to a Lawyer and demand money back.

 

The negative reviews in this forum about the carrier-rework in World of Warships are plausible and true. Those, who will contact a Lawyer, can take this reviews as proof.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,564 posts
10,201 battles

Hello,

 

 

Please avoid necroing in future. Also similar threads already exist including pinned one regarding CV rework feedback.

But I must point out, as stated by devs, not me: CV rollback will not happen.

 


Cheers

Boris_MNE
Locked.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×