Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

Only 2 torps on Shokaku ?

46 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,819 posts
10,554 battles

Shokaku is pretty much unplayable with only 2 torps per attack.

The IJN flood chance got nerfed as well, so you can wait forever to get a flooding.

Shokaku2.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,984 posts
4,032 battles

Especially funtm when you have to fight T10s with it and get shredded by AA. These things right now uptier worse than the old rts CVs.

• Cool 6

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,108 posts
8,574 battles

Kaga's got 4... And something like 36 reserve torp planes...

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,755 posts
8,805 battles
21 minutes ago, kfa said:

Kaga's got 4... And something like 36 reserve torp planes...

Kaga also has slower, more fragile planes carrying 5.4k max damage torps with an 800m arming distance.

25 torp hits netted me a whopping 85k damage.

Not even going to try getting that post-hotfix.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,819 posts
10,554 battles
3 hours ago, Nechrom said:

Kaga also has slower, more fragile planes carrying 5.4k max damage torps with an 800m arming distance.

25 torp hits netted me a whopping 85k damage.

Not even going to try getting that post-hotfix.

Kaga is still better with these 4 torps, as it is easier to get a flooding. Especially because it is easier to get a hit on the nose/stern with 4 torps. 

2 torps are just not fun. Can't imagine how awful that T4 with a single torp must be... 

Players
6,894 posts
8,738 battles
35 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Kaga is still better with these 4 torps, as it is easier to get a flooding. Especially because it is easier to get a hit on the nose/stern with 4 torps. 

2 torps are just not fun. Can't imagine how awful that T4 with a single torp must be... 

On other hand, with single torp you can attack from any direction:Smile_smile:

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
2,819 posts
10,554 battles
12 minutes ago, aboomination said:

low risk, low reward

That is not correct.

You have 8 planes in a squadron, which could theoretically do 4 drops if you survived 4 attacks, but in reality it mostly means that you can drop 2-4 torps and lose 8 planes for that.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,278 battles
4 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

That is not correct.

You have 8 planes in a squadron, which could theoretically do 4 drops if you survived 4 attacks, but in reality it mostly means that you can drop 2-4 torps and lose 8 planes for that.

If you're looking at high AA targets, just drop the first two runs into the water somewhere it won't bother anyone and have them return savely back to the CV and only attempt a more realistic double attack run. Same amount of effective damage, half the losses and you can take off with the next wave sooner too since they will have arrived back at your CV probably before you completed the second attack run.

Also recommended to minimize casualties when dropping on CVs as you're struggle to even get a second attack run in due to their CAP.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,508 posts
11,466 battles
8 hours ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Shokaku is pretty much unplayable with only 2 torps per attack.

The IJN flood chance got nerfed as well, so you can wait forever to get a flooding.

Shokaku2.jpg

There is no problem with just 2 torps... or, should I say: there WAS no problem with that because in return you were getting great "handling" on them. They were pretty good for spreading the love in a controlled manner or for making a couple turns on the same target to reapply flooding.

Then hotfix happened. The hotfix AA changes were pretty harsh for the 2-torp loadouts because they spend quite time in enemy AA to deliver all their payload. This alone would've been enough of a nerf to that loadout. Flooding chance nerf wasn't even necessary at that point - but it happened. And then, on top of all that, the torp handling became abysmal. So now you have two low damage, low flooding chance torps with terrible aiming performance - and then there's the AA balance that prevents you from getting too many strikes even against a single target (unless it's a DD but 2 slow torps with bad arming time and telegraphed plane attack pattern aren't exactly a weapon suitable against DDs).

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
267 posts
14,038 battles
2 minutes ago, aboomination said:

What does balance even mean when it comes to CVs?

Well, you could at the very least balance CVs against each other.

Right now Shokaku has 2 torpedoes per strike, Lexington has 3. Shokaku has 6 rockets per strike, Lexington has 8. Shokaku has 3 AP bombs per strike, Lexington has 6 HE bombs, which not only do more damage but also set fires.

And on top of all this, Lexington has more HP on all her planes, enabling them to survive to deliver their strikes. What exactly does Shokaku have?

Beta Tester
2,819 posts
10,554 battles
29 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

If you're looking at high AA targets, just drop the first two runs into the water somewhere it won't bother anyone and have them return savely back to the CV and only attempt a more realistic double attack run. Same amount of effective damage, half the losses and you can take off with the next wave sooner too since they will have arrived back at your CV probably before you completed the second attack run.

Also recommended to minimize casualties when dropping on CVs as you're struggle to even get a second attack run in due to their CAP.

I didn't know the empty planes leave the squadron and return to the CV already.

That is great to know, thx.

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
24 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Then hotfix happened. The hotfix AA changes were pretty harsh for the 2-torp loadouts because they spend quite time in enemy AA to deliver all their payload. This alone would've been enough of a nerf to that loadout. Flooding chance nerf wasn't even necessary at that point - but it happened. And then, on top of all that, the torp handling became abysmal.

This.....2 torps was ok. But with a aiming window that goes wide with every correction, wide as a barn door and torpedo's going off in all sorts of angles except straight......yeah that is a problem.

And this only as a reaction on tier X torpedo planes that were too effective. I hope they finetune it to be more enjoyable to use again.

• Cool 1

[RO-RN]
Players
517 posts
6,799 battles
Just now, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Arty has always been hated, but ok if you knew what you were doing. If you can't deal with it, that is on you. 

go tell that on wot forums! they might start give you facts that aint gonna like! and this cvs are like arty, no one plays them and 95% of players are happy. what you want cvs in every match? what are dds going to do? everyone will stick with each other in a corner of a island! everyone AA build! DOES ALL OF THIS SOUND FUN? SOUND BALANCED? NO! A GAME WITH ONLY DESROYERS, CRUISERS AND BATTLESHIPS IS MUCH BETTER THAN WITH A CV!

• Boring 2
  • Bad 2

Players
556 posts
3,511 battles
6 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

you dont know nothing! go ask every professional CW player and all will tell you that arty is bad for the game. even community contributors like sir foch, circon and baby admit it! 

You are equivalent to BBaby that wans to nerf DDs to the ground. Why should listen to anything from you

• Cool 1

[RO-RN]
Players
517 posts
6,799 battles
Just now, Asakka said:

You are equivalent to BBaby that wans to nerf DDs to the ground. Why should listen to anything from you

LOL! it is not like i want german dds to be buffed! it is not like i want khabarovsk to be buffed or daring to be give a 3.5km hydro! no i just play bbs just bbs nothing else! 

• Boring 2

Beta Tester
2,819 posts
10,554 battles
6 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

go tell that on wot forums! they might start give you facts that aint gonna like! and this cvs are like arty, no one plays them and 95% of players are happy. what you want cvs in every match? what are dds going to do? everyone will stick with each other in a corner of a island! everyone AA build! DOES ALL OF THIS SOUND FUN? SOUND BALANCED? NO! A GAME WITH ONLY DESROYERS, CRUISERS AND BATTLESHIPS IS MUCH BETTER THAN WITH A CV!

More CAPS please, I am not convinced yet. 

[RO-RN]
Players
517 posts
6,799 battles

HEY WG! listen to these people and buff ART... i mean CVS, nerf giulio cesare, just do it! you never when war thunder developers find theyre heads and steals almost all your players thanks to planes, tanks and ships all in one game. but remember this will happen if you start buffing CVS and nerf premiums, if you dont you keep the 95% player base happy, the average customer will buy premium ships without to worry about them getting nerfed and the game will be good! just focus on Battleships, cruisers and destroyers! IGNORE CVS! 

• Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[TTT]
Players
64 posts
10,037 battles
4 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

HEY WG! listen to these people and buff ART... i mean CVS, nerf giulio cesare, just do it! you never when war thunder developers find theyre heads and steals almost all your players thanks to planes, tanks and ships all in one game. but remember this will happen if you start buffing CVS and nerf premiums, if you dont you keep the 95% player base happy, the average customer will buy premium ships without to worry about them getting nerfed and the game will be good! just focus on Battleships, cruisers and destroyers! IGNORE CVS! 

and why exactly should they listen to someone like you, insulting others and just getting ur facts from the "wise" CCs and "pros"? And to contribute to the actual topic, yes, shokaku seems way to weak after the hotfix. Hope it gets adjusted in a acceptable manner...

• Cool 1

[RO-RN]
Players
517 posts
6,799 battles
1 minute ago, GER_Sushi_Lover said:

and why exactly should they listen to someone like you, insulting others and just getting ur facts from the "wise" CCs and "pros"? And to contribute to the actual topic, yes, shokaku seems way to weak after the hotfix. Hope it gets adjusted in a acceptable manner...

and why should they listen to you? 

• Boring 2

[TTT]
Players
64 posts
10,037 battles

Tbh I don't care if they listen to me, because every class in the game is somewhat fun for me now, some easier, some harder to play. But as a human I would rather listen to someone who isn't insulting others and demanding things than someone who is. After all I'm not the one crying about CVs and Arty being to strong.