Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

that's it for me.

37 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
1,897 posts
7,435 battles

My short lived cv carrier came to an abrupt end. I was enjoying it until the 8.0 patch.

I reached my limit. I'm so dam aggravated right now

To all of those Atlanta guys and pussys alike, F :etc_swear:.y:etc_swear:.all

you didn't want to wait until the balance came in the proper time. you all went crying back to mommy for hotfixes.

And I'm not even talking about t10 or whatever.

How this is even possible?

How da f:etc_swear: a  konigsberg and a Nicholas managed to do this?fu4.thumb.png.90cad5b2786faa7de5ed59471334eec9.png

Are you f:etc_swear: kidding me?

Yet, another big fat 0 at the end.

fu5.thumb.png.eabf072848489502331cbd174fea33bb.png

Yeah, instead of balancing this mess out, nerf the cvs, they are clearly OP.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

Players
1,894 posts
9,528 battles
4 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

How da f:etc_swear: a  konigsberg and a Nicholas managed to do this?

Owch. A bot Nicholas, too. At this point I don't think anyone has any idea what is going on....

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
5,864 posts
7,147 battles

Most players care about hightier, because once they get there, they want to "enjoy" it.

Haku was totaly broken upon release, and it needed fixing. F key was being abused.

Those were 2 issues that needed the most attention from WG. Problem was, WG cant balance in small steps, and they probably didnt realize that lowtier CVs didnt need any nerfs. It will take time to sort all of this out :cap_tea: But Haku torpspam was making the game miserable for 18-22 non CV players in the game, and WG cant afford that to ignore such a big issue for long.

In this specific instance: getting facerolled by a bot DD shouldnt happen. You have to evade the flak bursts. And probably Lowertier CVs need attention from what i hear. But other stuff is simply more important. Dont play too much CVs right now imo, nothing is really balanced. Or if you want to try em out, dont get too angry about it.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
966 posts
9,785 battles

Problem was as I see it that the CV tech started as shite, then went OK ish then O/P. They applied the AAA fix that effected all ships, which made the tier IV carriers an even bigger pile of garden manure. I fell they have gone to far in the other direction. In my secondary build Tirpitz they can't touch me. A Lexington tried again and again to attack me (38 planes lost). His squads often did not even have time to attack, all gone.

Until they test things properly instead of producing an unstable out of control system, they should just role back to before 0.8.

• Cool 2

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles
19 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Or... you just fed your planes to the DD to have a nice pic or the forums

Don't think so, this looks pretty normal for coop.

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
4,437 posts
7,937 battles
29 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Or... you just fed your planes to the DD to have a nice pic or the forums :cap_yes::Smile_hiding:

there should almost be an achievement for losing that many planes...

• Funny 3

Players
1,894 posts
9,528 battles

Tier IV CVs are pretty tragic, though. I would play something else, save up your XP and just skip to the Tier VI, where you can have a fair(ish) game. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
2,176 posts

I've seen him play surface ships, to see that he fed planes mindlessly into AA doesn't shock me at all. There's a reason his name is memorable to me.

• Funny 3

[TRID]
Players
104 posts
3,955 battles
1 hour ago, Tyrendian89 said:

there should almost be an achievement for losing that many planes...

Remember the anti-achievement thread, might be time to add some more?

[L4GG]
Players
1,897 posts
7,435 battles

I'm calmer now.

Buddy, Dallas and Bayern, calm me down in Aegis.

I started this thing around two or three weeks before this... mess, And I was doing ok, Deplane the cv, going after damage, I even started to think about starting in random, slowly, you know?

1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

Most players care about hightier, because once they get there, they want to "enjoy" it.

Haku was totaly broken upon release, and it needed fixing. F key was being abused.

Those were 2 issues that needed the most attention from WG. Problem was, WG cant balance in small steps, and they probably didnt realize that lowtier CVs didnt need any nerfs. It will take time to sort all of this out :cap_tea: But Haku torpspam was making the game miserable for 18-22 non CV players in the game, and WG cant afford that to ignore such a big issue for long.

In this specific instance: getting facerolled by a bot DD shouldnt happen. You have to evade the flak bursts. And probably Lowertier CVs need attention from what i hear. But other stuff is simply more important. Dont play too much CVs right now imo, nothing is really balanced. Or if you want to try em out, dont get too angry about it.

I don't know what's going "upstairs", but where I'm siting it's not looking good.

It's a t4 for crying out loud, the ships don't have AA there (I know, I was there, I have them) now they are like Clevelands.

But they nerf them hard, from 6 torps now we get a torp, 1 torp, 1 f:etc_swear: single torp per strike and if we try to dodge something the green torp guide becomes huge and I don't have a clue where that torp will go, and 98% of the times way, way off course and miss a target by a mile. And this is just the tip of the iceberg.

I plan to do that, it's been like this since the start of the patch.

@ForlornSailor

Don't get me wrong , but feeding planes to a DD?

Here's one with bogue and Nicholas

noob3.thumb.png.96ad847d4c07f514bd99f038fd89501a.png

@Akula971 The all thing went awire with the patch, I went to try out some of my other ships, and they too took a dive, ships where I could shoot 40 planes easy, now struggle and are between 10 and 18, and there is a lot of cv players with the same problem, they cannot hit a t8 bb.

But I always thought that would be fixed in time and things would go back to normal.

And I was amazed how I did by with Shochrs, buddy, Nurnberg, in some of the battles there wasn't a bogey man at all, so, i can't say for sure.

@BeauNidl3

you are getting old, fast.

Let me just say one thing to you.

you talk too much, maybe you should look to yourself first before you point your finger to others

Players
2,176 posts

@Butterdoll as I said, there's a reason your name has stuck in my mind having seen you play... OH and I am old, not getting old. Even at my advanced age I can recognise how well people play when I see it.

[BBMM]
Players
3,701 posts
4,021 battles
3 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

@ForlornSailor

Don't get me wrong , but feeding planes to a DD?

I had 5 plane kills in an Iziyaslav... before the 'CV nerf'. And look at this one, Sims (div-mate) got 16.

Spoiler

shot-19_01.29_21_14.09-0263.thumb.jpg.2084ded04ec64cb8656684673c2f3774.jpg

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,018 posts
21,091 battles
4 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I had 5 plane kills in an Iziyaslav... before the 'CV nerf'. And look at this one, Sims (div-mate) got 16.

Hide contents

Wouldnt expect anything less from Sims. Even more with defAA.

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,897 posts
7,435 battles
Just now, BeauNidl3 said:

@Butterdoll as I said, there's a reason your name has stuck in my mind having seen you play... OH and I am old, not getting old. Even at my advanced age I can recognise how well people play when I see it.

No, you are getting old and fast as waring of.

I can't say the same about you. Sadly.

Do us both a favour, pay more attention to what you do  before you start pointing fingers, will you?

Players
2,176 posts
4 minutes ago, Profilus said:

Wouldnt expect anything less from Sims. Even more with defAA.

Indeed, there's a reason Sims was favoured heavily in the Dynamo operation, very workable AA before the changes.

• Cool 2

Players
2,176 posts
1 minute ago, Butterdoll said:

No, you are getting old and fast as waring of.

I can't say the same about you. Sadly.

Do us both a favour, pay more attention to what you do  before you start pointing fingers, will you?

You have NO idea what I do, you're just typing that to try to seem like you have a clue, you don't.

I'll come out and say it plainly, the reason your name stands out to me is every time I've seen you play on my team or the opposition you have been laughably bad, your performance in the screenshot you started the thread with just underlines that view.

Beta Tester
966 posts
9,785 battles

I've seen Mr Butterdoll in game. We've been on the same team. Played rather well if I remember. 

I'd rather discuss game mechanics than two people fighting with handbags at 20 paces. If you don't mind gentlemen.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

Players
4,112 posts
7,584 battles
1 minute ago, Akula971 said:

I'd rather discuss game mechanics

I came to think: it might very well be, that he was in the long range aura of one of the BBs or something, and the DD only finished the planes with the continous (low)damage, thus getting all the kills, creating such a weird screen. This new mechanic might create pretty weird end results if you think about it? Like when I protected a Kitakaze today with my Minotaur - I got 3 plane kills, the Kita 5. I´d like to think, I did more damage, but the shortrange, continous aura from the Kita finished the planes? :Smile-_tongue: This stuff is all new to us. We need to observe, how different ships with different auras interact.

• Funny 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,897 posts
7,435 battles
16 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Hide contents

You had 5 planes with that BB,Iz...something,  the red Scharnhorst got 2 (for the scharn state it's in :Smile_facepalm:). And there are more like that.

And Nicholas got 21 of my planes.

I know what forlorn and you are saying, but at the same time... came on...WTF?

the only two ships in a flank scored 32 planes, my hosho don't have that many planes, One thing is having planes on demand, the other is having disposable planes.

I don't know why WG didn't kept the AA as it was and some other things.

this complete overall put everything tits up.

Players
4,112 posts
7,584 battles
1 minute ago, Butterdoll said:

I know what forlorn and you are saying, but at the same time... came on...WTF?

You prolly missed my last post, since we almost posted at the same time. But, for "educational pupose" :Smile_veryhappy: you might upload the replay? Then we could check, if there are other ships inflicting damage with mid/ long range AA to your planes.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,206 battles
3 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

a Nicholas

Nicholas is the 1st silver AA ship you can get your hands on, the only one below t6. It can even carry DefAA

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,691 posts
4 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

You have to evade the flak bursts.

Does not help much anymore. WG "hotfixed" it. Plus you have to line up the strike for ages and cant manoeuver whilst doing so. 

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this